The Education Forum

Otto Otepka, Robert F. Kennedy, Walter Sheridan and Lee Oswald

Bump - I had forgotten that I bumped this thread previously. Thought I'd try it again, hoping that someone can shed some light on the subject of Otepka and Walter Sheridan.

what got me to revisiting this controversial subject was reading the Bush/DeMohrenschildt thread. I noticed that former member Tom Scully, who was adept at examining social connections in the ruling class, mentioned that William B. Macomber Jr., a member of the Bush Dallas oil crowd, was privy to the Oswald file (that Otepka claimed led straight to RFK, which knowledge led to Otepka's firing by RFK) as early as 1960. This got me to wondering if Macomber was the source, never revealed, for the journalist whose work supported Otepka's claims of political prosecution by RFK and Walter Sheridan, which Joan Mellen relied on in her long article in defense of Otepka which starts this thread. So, does anyone know more about Macomber? 

I'll summarize what Scully reports, which can be found in the Bush/DeMohrenschildt thread.

OSS operative, best man at the 1973 marriage of Thomas Devine, who worked for CIA and met with DeMohrenschildt in NYC in 1963, who was a long time associate of George HW Bush. Macomber was also best man at the wedding of Bush's sister Nancy in 1946. Another usher at that 1946 wedding was James Buckley, brother of William. All these guys were Yale graduates. You can see this association with the Bush clan spans decades. Macomber went to work in the State Department, where presumably he saw the files of false defectors, including Oswald. In 1971, he took part in the attempted smearing of Daniel Ellsburgh, and also, at the request of an unnamed WH aide, supplied E Howard Hunt with 240 diplomatic cables, some classified. Hunt later admitted to forging two cables (looks like he might have mixed them in with the real ones) implicating the Kennedy brothers in the murder of South Vietnamese President Diem. This is all according to Scully. When I read this I thought of another Skull and Bonesman, Henry Cabot Lodge, who really did handle the Diem assassination, if my memory serves.

Douglas Caddy - what if anything do you know of Macomber? 

Edited by Paul Brancato

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic