The Education Forum

Pergola in Bell

The animation is from the Marc Bell movie.

Please watch the light opening within the pergola shelter.

Somebody obscurs that opening as they walk by.

The last frame stops to show you his placement.

The photo is that last frame enlarged.

This gentleman appears a little taller than Mr.Hester, using the height of the light opening within the shelter as a measuring tool.

It's not Abe.

chris

This gentleman appears a little taller than Mr.Hester, using the height of the light opening within the shelter as a measuring tool.

It's not Abe.

chris

Chris,

An interesting figure. He seems to be crouching down & looking over toward the fence. Younger man, no hat. Possible object in right hand.

Wonder what time elapse is since Z-313?

pergolaman5.jpg

It's not Abe.

chris

Chris,

An interesting figure. He seems to be crouching down & looking over toward the fence. Younger man, no hat. Possible object in right hand.

Wonder what time elapse is since Z-313?

pergolaman5.jpg

Thanks Miles,

I agree.

It's pretty clear this gentleman has a full set of hair.

No hat, young man does not equal Zapruder.

Maybe it's SA Lem Johns.

I know how camera shy he was.

chris

Chris and Miles. What about this figure who appears to be holding something in front of his chest. Just speculating. Is it real or an illusion?

Duncan

Duncan,

Hard to tell. Not a lot of movement. It's approx 16 frames.

I stabilized your figure and this is what I get.

Also, perhaps you/others can see the movement of the shadow within the shelter a little better.

By the way, Abe was bald the last time I checked. Need a hat on his head or a bald head for Z.

chris

Chris and Miles. What about this figure who appears to be holding something in front of his chest. Just speculating. Is it real or an illusion?

Duncan

Duncan,

Your figure is a possible. Just for fun, I labelled him Bird Man. Zapruder is marked Z, yes?

What is the bright object marked by a yellow arrow?

Chris,

Thx for sequence.

Bell_backgroundcrop2.jpg

Duncan

Duncan,

Your figure is a possible. Just for fun, I labelled him Bird Man. Zapruder is marked Z, yes?

Chris,

Thx for sequence.

Bell_backgroundcrop2.jpg

Miles,

Did you pull your frame from Bell's first pan past the pergola or second?

Mine is from the second.

I'll have to go back and check the first pan also.

chris

Duncan

Duncan,

Chris,

Thx for sequence.

Miles,

Did you pull your frame from Bell's first pan past the pergola or second?

Mine is from the second.

I'll have to go back and check the first pan also.

chris

Chris,

Can't remember. Please let me know what you find out. Thx.

Chris,

I can't prove to you in this post that it's Zapruder but I know it is(or let me just say, it's the same guy who is seen walking away from Sitzman & towards the Hesters).

What I can show you is the reason he looks as tall or taller than Hester.

There are two steps at the entrance to the shelter, so it's not at the same height as where the Hesters are standing.

What happened in this sequence(IMO) was, Sitzman saw someone running into the car lot after the murder, she thought it was connected, so she makes a bee-line for the shelter windows to look out the back but stops, she then turns back to "Zapruder" & screams at him (something like "where are you going? They went this way!").

He is convinced it's important so he does a U-turn & heads in there with her.

Hester is on the ground covering his wife at this point, he also hears Sitzy screaming & leaves his wife on the ground to go to the nearest window & look out back into the lot(not only can you see this in Wiegman but you can see him look in Sitzman's direction before he gets up).

Sitzman then comes outside to make sure both the Hesters join her in the shelter.

Anyway I can't prove it's "Zapruder" so it could be anyone but,

if it isn't him then Z must of fell down a well IMO.

Alan

Chris,

I can't prove to you in this post that it's Zapruder but I know it is(or let me just say, it's the same guy who is seen walking away from Sitzman & towards the Hesters).

What I can show you is the reason he looks as tall or taller than Hester.

There are two steps at the entrance to the shelter, so it's not at the same height as where the Hesters are standing.

What happened in this sequence(IMO) was, Sitzman saw someone running into the car lot after the murder, she thought it was connected, so she makes a bee-line for the shelter windows to look out the back but stops, she then turns back to "Zapruder" & screams at him (something like "where are you going? They went this way!").

He is convinced it's important so he does a U-turn & heads in there with her.

Hester is on the ground covering his wife at this point, he also hears Sitzy screaming & leaves his wife on the ground to go to the nearest window & look out back into the lot(not only can you see this in Wiegman but you can see him look in Sitzman's direction before he gets up).

Sitzman then comes outside to make sure both the Hesters join her in the shelter.

Anyway I can't prove it's "Zapruder" so it could be anyone but,

if it isn't him then Z must of fell down a well IMO.

Alan

Alan,

Thank you for the photo.

In the back of the pergola appears to be a concrete bench/platform.

Do you know if this was there during the assassination?

The Bell photo I have supplied shows a man who appears to be standing on this platform. (Thanks Jack)

Zapruder is bald. The man I have pointed out appears to have alot of hair and isn't wearing a hat.

chris

Chris & Jack,

thanks for making the figure a little bit clearer, I can appreciate now just how tall he appears & I believe your right Chris, if you look again at the frame from TMWKK I posted, the bench is at the same height as the top of the pedestal.

I can't tell you whether that bench was there at the time or not since that's the first time I noticed it when I studied that capture but, it would make sense to me since in the enhanced frame of Jacks, the build of the fella looks very like Sitzman's "accomplice".

As far as him not wearing a hat & having hair I can't see how you can say that with certainty from the quality of this VHS version of the Bell film(which I take is from Groden Tape?).

Groden will hopefully re-release his collection in a DVD quality edition & I'm sure we will all see a lot more than we have to date.

Also if "Zapruder" did not go into the shelter at this time you have to explain his absence from the knoll in all the other scenes of that area during the minute or so that we are looking at.

Miles asked so,

this scene is about 25-30secs after Z313 IMHO.

9-10 secs Z stops filming

8-10 secs for them to get off the pedestal & start walking away(conservative est) &

8-10 secs for "Z" to walk towards Hester, stop, turn around, go into the shelter & look out the back(to at least stop Sitzman screaming at him).

(That is of course if you believe they were on the pedestal in the first place, if you don't then just ignore the above)

Alan

Chris & Jack,

thanks for making the figure a little bit clearer, I can appreciate now just how tall he appears & I believe your right Chris, if you look again at the frame from TMWKK I posted, the bench is at the same height as the top of the pedestal.

I can't tell you whether that bench was there at the time or not since that's the first time I noticed it when I studied that capture but, it would make sense to me since in the enhanced frame of Jacks, the build of the fella looks very like Sitzman's "accomplice".

As far as him not wearing a hat & having hair I can't see how you can say that with certainty from the quality of this VHS version of the Bell film(which I take is from Groden Tape?).

Groden will hopefully re-release his collection in a DVD quality edition & I'm sure we will all see a lot more than we have to date.

Also if "Zapruder" did not go into the shelter at this time you have to explain his absence from the knoll in all the other scenes of that area during the minute or so that we are looking at.

Miles asked so,

8-10 secs for them to get off the pedestal & start walking away(conservative est) &

8-10 secs for "Z" to walk towards Hester, stop, turn around, go into the shelter & look out the back(to at least stop Sitzman screaming at him).

(That is of course if you believe they were on the pedestal in the first place, if you don't then just ignore the above)

Alan

Alan...take a look a Betzner and Willis5. Neither of them shows a bench inside the

pergola. But then Willis5 does not show the train through the windows either.

Jack

Miles asked so,

Alan

Right. That must be the time frame. Thx.