The Education Forum

Was Ruby shooting LHO faked?

Jack White

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some time ago I shared my experience of Beverly Oliver's (hereinafter B.O.) claim that Ruby had contacted her, through an intermediary, from his oversees sanctuary.

B.O. let this cat out of the bag at the JFK Lancer conference at which Judge Tunheim was a featured speaker. Her method of doing so is most interesting.

She initially told a very small group of attendees the following:

In the recent past she received what purported to be a message from the alive-and-well Ruby. In it he acknowledged that she likely would dismiss his overture as some sort of provocation. So he challenged her to come up with a dozen or so questions that only B.O. and Ruby could answer: real personal sorts of things.

B.O. complied, and reported that Ruby correctly answered all but one question. And even the wrong answer, she claimed, could be understood in terms of simple semantic differences (what she called a "runway," he called a "ramp," or vice-versa).

Well, you know what they say about secrets. Within hours of B.O.'s original spinning of the yarn, the entire conference was abuzz with news that Ruby lives! B.O. was claiming to be angry and scared, but somehow managed to keep herself squarely in the spotlight -- almost as if the leak was exactly what she had planned for.

Perhaps Jack White and/or Larry Hancock know more about this little drama.

Charles

Well... I sure as heck don't think Kenny (Boy) Lay is dead.

Some time ago I shared my experience of Beverly Oliver's (hereinafter B.O.) claim that Ruby had contacted her, through an intermediary, from his oversees sanctuary.

B.O. let this cat out of the bag at the JFK Lancer conference at which Judge Tunheim was a featured speaker. Her method of doing so is most interesting.

She initially told a very small group of attendees the following:

In the recent past she received what purported to be a message from the alive-and-well Ruby. In it he acknowledged that she likely would dismiss his overture as some sort of provocation. So he challenged her to come up with a dozen or so questions that only B.O. and Ruby could answer: real personal sorts of things.

B.O. complied, and reported that Ruby correctly answered all but one question. And even the wrong answer, she claimed, could be understood in terms of simple semantic differences (what she called a "runway," he called a "ramp," or vice-versa).

Well, you know what they say about secrets. Within hours of B.O.'s original spinning of the yarn, the entire conference was abuzz with news that Ruby lives! B.O. was claiming to be angry and scared, but somehow managed to keep herself squarely in the spotlight -- almost as if the leak was exactly what she had planned for.

Perhaps Jack White and/or Larry Hancock know more about this little drama.

Charles

For more "evidence" that Jack Ruby is alive:

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2005/08/...rst-became.html

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2005/09/...the-secret.html

From your first referenced link comes the following:

The Village Voice, February 6, 1978, The Oswald Connections: Bad News for the CIA, by Alexander Cockburn & James Ridgeway

Though already dismissed as a baseless rumor, the allegation that Jack Ruby is still alive and was given a new identity by the Central Intelligence Agency was not dreamed up by the veteran conspiracy buffs but was, in fact, advanced by a former employee of the agency itself. The Ruby story--to the effect that the CIA, in cooperation with the KGB, sponsored Ruby's murder of Oswald before the latter could disclose damning details of U.S.-Soviet intelligence links--has been put foward privately in recent weeks by Frank Snepp, formerly of the CIA. Snepp recently published Decent Interval, a harsh denunciation of the CIA's conduct in the last days of the Vietnam war. (emphasis added)

Take the "Ruby alive" content out of the preceding paragraph, and what we're left with is, for my money, the most important, intriguing, and overlooked element of the entire JFK affair: what George Michael Evica refers to as a "treasonous cabal of hard-line American and Soviet intelligence agents whose masters were above Cold War differences." (emphasis added)

The nature of Snepp's broader game remains unknown. What he seems to have provided above is an extraordinary revelation diminished immediately and intentionally by its ludicrous context (the Ruby survival legend).

This, I think, is worthy of a dedicated thread.

Charles

spent 20 yrs with Detroit PD including two tours with Homicide and saw alot of people shot who did not show blood on their clothing. Once fought and handcuffed a guy who had been shot six times-he was taken into the precinct and collapsed on the floor-dead.

Evan,

Reality and what some of these people think should or should not be seen is two different things much of the time. Dr. Crenshaw attended both the President's wounds on Friday and Lee's on Sunday and Jack knows this. Are we to now believe that Crenshaw exposed the President being shot from the front, but lied about Lee being fatally shot .... How silly is that! Now being reminded of this missed point - I supposed now that Dr. Charles Crenshaw who wrote about attending to Oswald must now be an accomplice to these guys. The shame of it all is that now someone is going to have to take the time to exhume Crenshaw's body and roll it back over because if this thread didn't cause him to roll over in his grave, then nothing could!

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

I would submit that the big picture in this area is not so much the allegations themselves but the fact that because there was not a real investigation by the Warren Commission, and some would argue there are elements of the same problem with the Rockefeller and HSCA investigations as well, that in the really deep waters of what really happened we are left grasping at straws, CIA operatives who were able to maintain plausible deniability while being all over the place regarding the hidden history of the JFK Assassination ie Richard Nagell, Gordon Novel, et al........What is the ultimate conclusion, Dealey Plaza was a psy-op as well as a successful hit, in which the very complexity of it all, keeps the uneducated masses from being able to realize what they are looking at, fertile ground indeed for the former CREEPS of the world.....

This article is absurd.

"Lunsford says Ruby confessed to her that he helped plan the assassination and stood next Lee Harvey Oswald in the window of the Texas Book Depository while Oswald fired one shot that struck the President in the head."

“He did get to talk to Washington correspondent Dorothy Kilgallen, but she died at here desk while writing the story."

And so on.

Please stop misrepresenting my opinions on this thread.

1. I posted without comment an article quoting Bob Jackson regarding his observations

about taking the famed photo of Ruby shooting LHO. People are ridiculing me (not unusual)

for merely posting Jackson's comments, in spite of me not expressing an opinion.

2. I posted both the Jackson and Beers photos of the event and pointed out differences

which may or may not signify retouching of one or the other of them. Instead of studying

the differences and commenting on them, people again suggest I am nutty for pointing

out the differences. Attacking the messenger does not constitute research.

Get serious, folks.

Jack

Interesting, but I'd look more carefully at any discrepancies in the wound angles etc. than in the no apparent blood. But that is one more clue. Since so much of the rest of those days were nothing but a well-done magic show, I'd not put this in the totally out of realm of posibility. Is it known wno was the ambulance crew and in back with Oswald? If is was just a normal ambulance crew shooting him on way to hospital would be a bit impossible.

Peter... I remember reading something awhile back stating that the crewmember in the back of the ambulance was fairly new on the job, and because of the type of wound Oswald had, may have actually done more harm than good by trying to apply CPR on him. Something having to do with the compressions pumping blood out of the wounds and into the body cavity and basically making him bleed to death. I'll try to find the story or source.

JWK

Oswald's arrival at Parkland.

I was able to "upload" this image to the forum only after deleting my previous attachments. ?

Why is it that Oswald always looked better dead than alive? It looks to me that the man in the light colored suit and hat (sorry, I'm not sure of his name) is still handcuffed to Harvey Oswald.

Kathy

Why is it that Oswald always looked better dead than alive?

That's a question I've never really thought about. But I'm glad Oswald isn't around to hear it.

I don't know whether there was an exit would in Oswald's back. Those more familiar with his autopsy could enlighten us on that. However I do know that a wound to the torso, with no exit wound, may not emit much blood. Nonetheless the victim could still bleed to death ("exsanguinate" is the medical term) internally. Entrance wounds from .38 caliber bullets are not very large. In a wound to the abdomen the skin would close in on the entrance wound and keep most of the blood in. Note that Oswald was wearing a dark sweater, which would conceal blood spots.