The Education Forum

On the two men Bowers saw ....

Bill Miller

If Bowers was talking about Hudson & the guy in the red shirt on the steps & he didn't see anyone behind the fence like the extracts from the RTJ transcripts seem to suggest, it does not mean there was no one behind the fence at all.

BOWERS: "Directly in line, towards the mouth of the underpass, there were two men. One man, middle-aged, or slightly older, fairly heavy-set, in a white shirt, fairly dark trousers. Another younger man, about mid-twenties, in either a plaid shirt or plaid coat or jacket."

"One man, middle-aged, or slightly older, fairly heavy-set, in a white shirt,"

If you leave out the reference to dark pants, that's a great discription of Hudson from that distance.

Shame no one asked Bowers if he knew the groundsman.

"Another younger man, about mid-twenties, in either a plaid shirt or plaid coat or jacket."

You think the red shirt of the guy in front of Huson may of resembled a plaid shirt already very common in those days from that distance?

What if he had said a red plaid shirt?

IMHO the two descriptions of clothing do not stretch the imagination at all.

It seems quite obvious to me that if the clothing descriptions do not match, Bowers was not referring to the Badge Man or hard hatted man when talking about the two men he saw during the assassination.

If BM & HHM were really there(& until real high quality tests are made on the resolving power of Mary's camera set-up are made it's a big "if") then I would agree.

I firmly believe there was someone shooting from behind the fence somewhere & he probably had someone with him to assist.

The proposed fact that Bowers did not refer to him or them makes no difference to me, I know he did not see or describe seeing everything that happened at the time of the murder.

It's also going to be a bit hard to prove that the vehicles & shrubbery hid nothing from him.

Alan,

As for clothing matches see:....NixStairs2.gif

and

NixStairs.gif

Note fairly dark pants & red plaid shirt.

It's also going to be a bit hard to prove that the vehicles & shrubbery hid nothing from him.

Alan,

The reasons that there is a panic on to alter Bowers' testimony are:

1.) For decades very few knew about the Bowers/Lane full & complete interview transcript made for Rush to Judgement, until Myers obtained a copy, discovered that not all of Bowers' descriptions & comments appeared in the RTJ film which everybody DID see & published his findings. Consequently, lesser researchers were hoodwinked into a false idea that Bowers was saying that he had seen possible assassins BEHIND the fence. Researchers gave public lectures based on erroneous data. Very embarrassing.

2.) Bowers' newly revealed true testimony now overthrows Ed Hoffman's story because Ed has his alleged sniper moving all about the parking lot prior to, and after the shooting. Bowers would have seen this movement & would have reported it.

3.) Bowers' newly revealed true testimony now overthrows Badgeman because Bowers could have & would have seen BM in his alleged spot as there was no masking foliage at that spot & would have seen BM move. Bowers was looking, remember, directly into this area at the time in question!

Now, Bowers was NOT focusing on Duncan Man's spot. Thus, DM could have crouched behind a car & after waiting, then mingled with the crowd.

So, I also believe there was a sniper BEHIND the fence. Tyrol Hatman is eliminated because he was shooting directly at the fence & into the fence palings from a distance of a few inches.. biggrin.gif

Why doesn't someone just go to where Hudson and the two other guys were standing on the steps and look at Bower's Tower from there to determine whether or not Bowers could have seen those guys from where he was? Is Bower's Tower still standing? If not, did anyone ever do this before it was demolished?

-- Tommy

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the larger clip in post 916, about two-thirds of the way through, an image fleetingly appears over the corner of the retaining wall. Could that be a glimpse of "Black Dog Man" or what is it?

This is a photo I took standing left of the stairs. This is where I had to go to view the Tower.

2blondesandacamera-13-3.jpg

That's excellent, Kathy.

That means if Hudson and the two guys he was standing with in the Nix film were actually standing on the steps before the motorcade arrived, Bowers wouldn't have been able to see them well enough to describe them.

Which suggests that the two guys that he DID see ("one wearing a white shirt and the other wearing a plaid shirt or jacket, standing 10 to 15 feet apart from each other") were on Bowers' side of the fence.

-- Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves