The Education Forum

New software does not allow my photos

John Simkin tells me that I can no longer post any of my photoanalysis here because the new forum software does not allow large images. He says I can post a link to a website where the images are stored. I do not have such a website. I have no problem posting my images at JFKresearch, which has a 200mb size limit.

All of my analysis is done at a useful full screen size, or approximately 10x8. Much of what I have to show can only be shown in a large size, therefore my participation on this forum is severly limited. I cannot take time to REDO analysis images just to post them here. Sorry.

Jack White :(

I cannot take time to REDO analysis images just to post them here. Sorry.

Jack White :)

Mr. White - it takes about 15 to 30 seconds to open your file in PhotoShop - duplicate the file - then go to 'image size' and lower the duplicate file. Once you have posted the smaller file - you can then delete the smaller duplicate file off your system while still keeping your opriginal image file. I have not checked to see if I can post photos examples today, but that is the way I was doing it before the site had problems with attachments.

Edited by Larry Peters

I cannot take time to REDO analysis images just to post them here. Sorry.

Jack White :)

Mr. White - it takes about 15 to 30 seconds to open your file in PhotoShop - duplicate the file - then go to 'image size' and lower the duplicate file. Once you have posted the smaller file - you can then delete the smaller duplicate file off your system while still keeping your opriginal image file. I have not checked to see if I can post photos examples today, but that is the way I was doing it before the site had problems with attachments.

I know the mechanics of reducing an image. However, all type fonts become distorted when reduced. Also, many thing in my analyses must be seen AS LARGE AS POSSIBLE. At small sizes, they are not effective.

Jack

I think I have just proved by logging on as Alison in the above message that this board does allow the attaching of photo images of an acceptable of an acceptable size and quality. Attachments of up to 200K are allowed to all members.

Rather nice photo of Nico and myself hard at work don't you think? :)

I think I have just proved by logging on as Alison in the above message that this board does allow the attaching of photo images of an acceptable of an acceptable size and quality. Attachments of up to 200K are allowed to all members.

Rather nice photo of Nico and myself hard at work don't you think? :)

Thanks, Andy. I tried to post two different images last week. One was 1.8mb and one was 1.6mb. Both were rejected by the software as too large. The average image I wish to post is 2mb.

I am very illiterate in computer language. I know that K=1024 bytes and that MB=1,048,576 bytes.

You say the forum limit is 200K, or 204,800 bytes...which is really quite tiny, right??? My Mac only gives large image sizes in MEGABYTES, not kilobytes, so I have no way to judge whether any of my images are acceptable. On the JFKresearch forum, where I have posted images for many years, the max is 2mb, which is approximately 10x8 in dimensions. Can you tell the approximate dimensions of 200K images? I have thousands of images of my studies regarding JFK, the faked Apollo moon photos, and my 911 hoax studies. All of them average around 2mb. Better yet, please post any image that represents the MAXIMUM SIZE allowed, so I have a visual guide of approximate size. A picture is worth 1000 words to me, as I am lousy in computer math, because I don't know the terminology.

I get K and MB confused, and do not know how to convert one to the other. How does 200K compare to 2MB?

Thanks.

Jack White :blink:

Jack

I have just doubled the max. file upload allowed for members. I will however have to monitor this very closely as space costs money!

It will however not be sufficient to cope with the large images you are trying to upload.

I think you options are either to compress your images in photo editor (you might also consider reducing the number of colours), or taking John up on his offer to publish your images in his own webspace and hyperlink to them.

Jack

I have just doubled the max. file upload allowed for members. I will however have to monitor this very closely as space costs money!

It will however not be sufficient to cope with the large images you are trying to upload.

I think you options are either to compress your images in photo editor (you might also consider reducing the number of colours), or taking John up on his offer to publish your images in his own webspace and hyperlink to them.

Thanks, Andy. I will be posting some test images to see what works and what does not. I do not have PHOTO EDITOR for compressing. I know nothing about HYPERLINK. I am a photoanalyst and typist. I know nothing about computers except how to drive one. You are asking that I change the sparkplugs, and I do not know how to find them. I appreciate that you now will allow 200K images, which is the same as JFKresearch, so may I assume that any image I can post there will work here? Can you tell me how 200K compares to 2MB? Most of my images are around 2MB and they work on JFKresearch. My imaging program gives images in megabytes, not kilobytes. A few days ago, I tried to post an image which was 1.6MB, and it was rejected. How does 1.6MB compare to 200K?

The reason John Simkin invited me to join this forum is to share my PHOTO RESEARCH. If I cannot post my images here, my input is limited.

Thanks.

Jack White B)

Thanks, Andy. I will be posting some test images to see what works and what does not. I do not have PHOTO EDITOR for compressing. I know nothing about HYPERLINK. I am a photoanalyst and typist. I know nothing about computers except how to drive one.

Jack, a hyperlink is a link from one web page to another. For example, click the hyperlink below:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/LHO1.htm

I am willing to create a website for you where you can display your images. Instead of attaching the image all you need to do is add the hyperlink (URL) to your posting.