The Education Forum

The blond Oswald in Mexico

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain what you mean by the Blond Oswald being a red herring?

Also, did Dan and Eddie think the blond Oswald was Miller?

15 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

Tommy,

I can't quite go with you on your theory about "the hiintentional scene caused by Oswald".  If it's true - which I am not sure about at all - Oswald could have done it for any number of reasons.

The big question for me remains whether Oswald went to the Cuban embassy.  I get the feeling we are looking at the same document when you refer to the "hard-to-find Cuban embassy"...

I never considered the Cuban embassy as "hard to find" until I took a hard look at the document I cited earlier in this thread - specifically, expat Elizabeth Mora tells two Mexican FBI informants that Teresa Proenza ran into Oswald "cold" at the Cuban embassy and she turned him over to the nearest person who was "higher in rank and spoke English"...the FBI agent writing the memo describes the Cuban embassy as "difficult to find".

Maybe Mora just had a poor memory, but this FBI summary refers to this event and says Proenza "turned (Oswald) over to Silvia Duran, a personal friend of Proenza, and embassy employee."   That's a different story from the Mora story...did it come from Proenza, Duran, or somewhere else?  It would be good to find the source. 

If you believe the Jack Childs story that Oswald comment about "I'm going to kill Kennedy" - a big if - that would mean that Fidel knows something about the story that nobody else seems to know. 

Fidel's meeting with the HSCA members is worth checking out.  It is very jovial.  Fidel makes a point of not attacking Azcue, but makes it clear he has "no special theory" whether or not the real Oswald came to the Cuban compound.  He does not discuss the embassy vis-a-vis the consulate with the HSCA members.   Duran and Azcue don't tell us the "I'm going to kill Kennedy" story - if the Childs story is true, it sounds like it happened at the embassy and not the consulate.

Like you are doing, I hope as many of us as possible keep digging deeper into the documents we have on hand.  It's the best way to prepare for whatever we find out in October. 

Bill

Bill,

I appreciate the many links to sources that you provide in your posts.  I read the first chapter of the link to Fidel Castro's interview that you linked.

What was astounding to me was Fidel's saying: on page 202, that if Lee Harvey Oswald had actually obtained a passage to Cuba, and stayed only a couple of days, and then returned to Dallas and became somehow involved with the JFK assassination -- that would have been explosive for Cuba.  It would have been a tremendous provocation of the USA to invade Cuba.

In other words -- it would have been viewed in the USA -- without further argument -- that the Cuban Communist government had killed JFK.

This strikes me as completely true.  In the eyes of Guy Banister and David Morales (and anybody involved in sheep-dipping LHO in NOLA, and then impersonating LHO in Mexico City with the aim of linking his name directly with KGB assassin Kostikov) fooling the Consulate to allow LHO into Cuba based on his NOLA fake FPCC credentials would have been an enormous advantage for the Radical Right cause in the USA

By the way -- Jack Child's story is IMHO false -- yet calculated to blame LHO as the JFK killer --  not necessarily as a "Lone Nut," and more likely as a KGB agent.

Fidel Castro seems to be correct on all counts.  LHO was acting on the orders of a provocateur (e.g. Guy Banister) who had many accomplices in the South and in Mexico City (e.g. General Walker and David Morales) who hoped to provoke the USA into invading Cuba.

If so, then the humble consuls at the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City literally saved Cuba from a US invasion.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I am glad Bill apparently disagrees with TG about the Childs story.  

BTW, are there any rules on this site about "flooding the board"?  Because it seems to me that is what TG is doing in order to push his agenda forward about MC.  Or else why does he bring back threads that are literally years old.  I mean if you cannot make progress on the current threads, does that mean you can bring back old threads?  And then make people who disagree with you answer those also?

What this does is crowd out other current  threads, that may be of interest to others.  

I don't mind at all debating a topic on a thread.  But I don't understand at all why we have to debate the sam topic over four threads when, in fact, these threads were already burnt out years ago.  And he brings them back to flood the board with his agenda.

Dear James,

Sorry, but that's what the Agency tells me to do.

--  Tommy  ::ph34r:

Speaking personally I spent a lot of time studying this subject thinking it was going to lead to a major revelation.

It was a fascinating trip, but it wasn't worth the time I personally put into it.  That is the red herring.  That's largely why I post here.   I think the only relevant question for me at this point is if Miller impersonated Oswald which I doubt.  Another one might be is if someone like Phillips wanted people to think Miller or another man impersonated Oswald as a false lead and they created this long exhausting goose chase with the help of Jack Childs.  Otherwise, absent a big break, I think time has covered up who might have impersonated Odwald in Mexico City.  I remain agnostic whether he was impersonated in person or not - I do think he was on the phone.

I don't know If Ed or Dan thought Miller acted as a blond Oswald or was mistaken as one.  I am sending a post to Dan today about Miller - I will let you all know what he says.

Bill

On 3/22/2017 at 12:27 PM, Bill Simpich said:

[...]

I will submit it is possible that Ernesto Lehfeld Miller impersonated Oswald on September 26.  Not probable, but possible.  Hardway and Lopez made a finding that a 5 foot six blond "Oswald" appeared at the embassy on September 26, wearing a light blue "Prince of Wales" suit.   So it can't be ruled out - but it is not found in the final conclusion contained in the Lopez-Hardway report.  Again you are quite right - that is a fine document. 

[...]

Bill Simpich,

Regarding your statement that the possibility full-faced Ernesto Lehfeld Miller physically impersonated Oswald cannot be completely ruled out, I think it's important to remember that Cuban Consul Eusebio Azcue described the blond "Oswald" he met with as not only being "thin", but also having a "very thin face" https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=954#relPageId=140&tab=page (which the Lopez / Hardway "scenario" left out).  

Which the guy who was photographed while "going to the consulate" on September 26 did not have, but the historically short and blond Nikolai Leonov, did.

I think we can discern a hint of that very thin face even in the lousyily-reproduced profile and semi-profile photos LILYRIC and LIEMPTTY took of LEON on October 2, 1963.

Particularly this one:

Image result for "nikolai leonov" "blond oswald"

And in the face of the historical Nikolai Leonov too, of course.  Why?  Because they were one-and-the same person.

NikolaiLeonovFidelNikitaBrezhnev.jpg

Nikita+Kruschev,+Nikolai+Leonov+y+Fidel+

--  Tommy :sun

PS  Regarding Azcue's statement that a blond, Prince-Of-Wales-suit-wearing, 5' 6" "Oswald" showed up at the Cuban Consulate on October 26 (according to the Lopez-Hardway "scenario"), it's interesting to note that Nikolai Leonov, a very thin-faced, blond-haired KGB officer who was stationed in Mexico City at the time, was only ... 5' 7". 

FWIW, Leonov was 30 years old, and Oswald was still 23 ...

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Bill Simpich said:

Speaking personally I spent a lot of time studying this subject thinking it was going to lead to a major revelation.

It was a fascinating trip, but it wasn't worth the time I personally put into it.  That is the red herring.  That's largely why I post here.   I think the only relevant question for me at this point is if Miller impersonated Oswald which I doubt.  Another one might be is if someone like Phillips wanted people to think Miller or another man impersonated Oswald as a false lead and they created this long exhausting goose chase with the help of Jack Childs.  Otherwise, absent a big break, I think time has covered up who might have impersonated Odwald in Mexico City.  I remain agnostic whether he was impersonated in person or not - I do think he was on the phone.

I don't know If Ed or Dan thought Miller acted as a blond Oswald or was mistaken as one.  I am sending a post to Dan today about Miller - I will let you all know what he says.

Bill

Bill,

You wrote, "I do think [Oswald] was on the phone [in Mexico City]"

Which day or days?

Thanks,

13 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

I was trying to say I think Oswald was impersonated on the phone - and on Sept 28 and October 1.  Bill

Bill,

If (and only if) that was the case, then would you agree that the impersonator was trying to link the name of Oswald with the name of Kostikov?

Regards 

--Paul Trejo 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:41 AM, Paul Trejo said:

Bill,

If (and only if) that was the case, then would you agree that the impersonator was trying to link the name of Oswald with the name of Kostikov?

Regards 

--Paul Trejo 

The person who mentioned the name KOSTIKOV was on the Russian side of the conversation Paul, not the Oswald side.

---- Paul, can you please stop butchering the facts and take a minute and look things up before writing them down (to be forever known as a Trumpistic move)

One has to interpret the replied "YES" as related to the KOSTIKOV question from the guard...  

We also know that Oswald was not at the Cuban Consul on the 1st of Oct - most understand that the calls were all impersonated...

Translator says this OSwald sounds the same as Sept 28th Oswald (Saturday)

CORNWELL - Let's just talk hypothetically for a moment. Is there any chance that he was at the Consulate on more than one day?
TIRADO - No. I read yesterday, an article in the Reader's digest, and they say he was at the Consulate on three occasions. He was in Friday, Saturday, and Monday...That's not true, that's false.

CORNWELL - All right. Let's try a different hypothetical. If the one in the Reader's Digest is definitely wrong, is it possible that he first came on like a Thursday, and then came back on a Friday?
TIRADO - No, because I am positively sure about it. That he came in the same day.

After the following transcriptions and the MX to HQ to MX cables...  on Oct 16th Scott sends his update to Ambassador Mann reinforcing the KOSTIKOV reference.

The only reference attributed to OSWALD is in his letter to the Soviet Embassy in DC - he refers to "COMRADE KOSTIN"   https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1133#relPageId=57

The WCR claims he was talking about KOSTIKOV without any supporting evidence.    We don't even have any proof the guard actually says this since there are no original tapes to compare.  You don't suppose Phillips was involved in inserting KOSTIKOV into the mix, do you?  :ph34r:

Edited by David Josephs

2 hours ago, David Josephs said:

The person who mentioned the name KOSTIKOV was on the Russian side of the conversation Paul, not the Oswald side.

---- Paul, can you please stop butchering the facts and take a minute and look things up before writing them down (to be forever known as a Trumpistic move)

David,

It doesn't matter which person in the conversation mentioned the name of Kostikov -- the caller asked leading questions.

I repeat, IMHO the LHO impersonator coaxed the name out of the clerk. 

It was a deliberate intent to link the names of Oswald and Kostikov. 

Also, David, IMHO you are the one who is butchering the facts for this absurd "Harvey and Lee" science fiction.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul T 

¨ LHO was acting on orders from a provocateur (Guy Bannister) ...¨

Why would the radical right send Morales to MC to impersonate Oswald, the Oswald Ruby killed, then turn around and send the same Oswald to MC at the same time to get a visa to Cuba? Wouldn´t that defeat the purpose of the impersonation?

Your last accusation about David and Armstrong  is a bunch of crap PT and you know it.

In his entire last long post, where does David Josephs do that?  I read the whole thing.  He quotes Duran and Cornwell and shows primary documents, which is a heck of a lot more than you do.  

His distinction is an important one.  Because it says that others were involved in the Kostikov charade.  In fact, there may be three others if all three voices were impersonated, which does seem to be the case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Your last accusation about David and Armstrong  is a bunch of crap PT and you know it.

In his entire last long post, where does David Josephs do that?  I read the whole thing.  He quotes Duran and Cornwell and shows primary documents, which is a heck of a lot more than you do.  

His distinction is an important one.  Because it says that others were involved in the Kostikov charade.  In fact, there may be three others if all three voices were impersonated, which does seem to be the case.

Dear James,

Good point.

Since the Cuban Consulate and the Soviet Embassy were supposedly closed on Saturdays, Sylvia Duran and the Russian on the other end of the line may have been impersonated, too.  And in my opinion, the guy who impersonated the on-duty Ruskie in the Soviet Embassy that day might have been my boy, the blond, short, thin-faced KGB officer, Nikolai Leonov!  

Who may have sneaked into work that day so he could "take" the phone call!

Edited by Thomas Graves