The Education Forum

The blond Oswald in Mexico

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

PT: You're ignoring the fact that the Mexican Immigration service counted LHO entering and exiting Mexico as a passenger in a car.

A few posts after this PT says he is not a real researcher.  He then says he does not have to prove the above statement, since others have.  Nice way to get yourself off the hook.

There is no American documentation for the whole "Oswald to Mexico by auto and leaves by auto".  Therefore whatever evidence of this exists has to come from Mexico.

The FBI found out that the guy who was supposed to have recorded that information, Mr. Maydon, actually did not.  Later it is discovered that the FM 8 did not have the record of transportation, but the FM 11 did.  The problem is the FM 11 is based on the FM 8.

Kind of fishy?  I'd say its a whole aquarium.

(BTW, this info is all from David Joseph's multi part essay.  Which is largely based on primary documents.)

These are documents and David can produce them, since he already did..  They are in his long essay, which you refuse to read.  

Which is why he calls you delusional.  And I would call you anti factual.

Dear James,

What does any of this have to do with trying to figure out who the "Blond Oswald" in Mexico City was?

You know, Eusebio Azcue's "thin, blonde-haired, very thin-faced 'Oswald'," whom Sylvia Duran said was about the same height as her? (She was 5' 3 1/2")

Does it make you uncomfortable to think that it might have been the blond, thin-faced, 5' 6" KGB officer Nikolai Leonov?

Thanks,

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

And we also knew through Wendell Roache of the INS, and Bob Tanenbaum of the HSCA that there was a film made of the training at a Mongoose site which showed Oswald, Banister and Phillips.  

Jim,

Do you know what ever became of this film? It's been years since I read about it. Wasn't it supposed to have been in a university somewhere, (Georgetown maybe?) but the last time anyone ever went looking for it, it was no longer there? This is the first I've heard about Banister and Phillips. I thought I had remembered it was supposed to show Oswald and Ferrie.

Thanks,

Steve Thomas.

To answer TG, PT says the whole operation down in MC was a Banister inspired operation.  I am trying to show that such a notion is pretty ridiculous.  That Banister could not control that place or such an operation.  I told you what I think about the comparison, and I have said it twice.

To answer Steve: Tanenbaum told me that 1.) Many of his documents were stolen from the apartment he was living in at the time. 2.) Once the transition was made, a lot of the things he was working on went by the rails.  

But  that film existed since he brought in witnesses to watch it and make the identifications. And he testified about it before the ARRB.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jim, if he brought witnesses in to watch it and make identifications should there not be some documentation of that.  Given its explosive nature should he not have written memos on it that are in the files...did he really leave no written record of his investigation of the film (at the office...even if documents were stolen from his home...and where is the internal record of those thefts?).  I'm just not sanguine that something that key would have not been discussed with someone who could corroborate him...who were the witnesses, surely they could confirm it and talked about it later?   Afraid I have to remain the skeptic on this film without some iota of corroboration...

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Jim, if he brought witnesses in to watch it and make identifications should there not be some documentation of that.  Given its explosive nature should he not have written memos on it that are in the files...did he really leave no written record of his investigation of the film (at the office...even if documents were stolen from his home...and where is the internal record of those thefts?).  I'm just not sanguine that something that key would have not been discussed with someone who could corroborate him...who were the witnesses, surely they could confirm it and talked about it later?   Afraid I have to remain the skeptic on this film without some iota of corroboration...

I don't know. I'm kind of with Larry on this one. I can't believe that with something that explosive, everybody would just throw up their hands and say, "Meh, whatever".

See this 2011 thread on this Forum entitled, "The other "other" film".

Steve Thomas

2 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Just a small note. Tannenbaum kept saying it came from the Library Archives.

Having been in the business myself, I know that libraries do not lend materials from their archives. Archive material is one of a kind stuff.

Perhaps Tannenbaum made a copy?

Steve Thomas

Steve, what I recall was his saying that it should be found in the material that had been archived with a certain library...do not recall which one...people looked and found nothing.  I honestly can't believe that a film showing Oswald in a camp in the New Orleans area would not have generated conversations, memos, copies of the film, frames from the film...something for corroboration.  No souvenirs.  I mean it would be the smoking gun of him as anything but a loner. 

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

To answer TG [i.e. what does what DiEugenio has written on this thread, above, during the last day or so have to do with trying to figure out who the "Blond Oswald" was who physically impersonated Oswald in Mexico City], PT says the whole operation down in MC was a Banister inspired operation.  I am trying to show that such a notion is pretty ridiculous.  That Banister could not control that place or such an operation.  I told you what I think about the comparison, and I have said it twice.

[...]

Dear James,

The subject of this thread is "The Blond Oswald in Mexico."

Right?

So, why are you guys derailing it?

PS  The inherent hazards of photo comparison is one thing, but when certain things (blond hair, thin body, thin - angular face, straight nose) are noticed in those photos which match up not only with with verbal descriptions given by primary witnesses of the person at issue, but with photographic and / or written, historical evidence (Leonov was 5' 6", very thin-faced, blond, Mexico-City based, 35 years old at the time, the name LEON was written on the CIA's contact sheet and photo log, Leonov was weak-chinned just like the blond guy in said LEON photos) as well, then those "iffy" photo identifications gain much more weight and credence, imho.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Seems important to get to the bottom of this. If Tannenbaum testified to the existence of the film would that not be enough proof?  I just read Tannenbaum's HSCA testimony, and the Probe interview with Tannenbaum. In the Probe interview Tannenbaum says that when he and Sprague were in charge of the HSCA investigation they had a film of Phillips and Oswald at a training camp for Cuban exiles. He is a man with a lot of integrity. He says that he doesn't know what happened to the film.

Larry - why was your most recent post the last you would make in this thread? I agree with you and others that corroboration of Tannenbaum's claim would be good. I don't think that without such corroboration we should dismiss it. Tannenbaum was clearly suspicious of Phillips, said that he lied to HSCA. He speaks highly of Fonzi. Who doesn't? He says he and Sprague wanted to do an honest, non partisan investigation, but were thwarted. Who doesn't agree with that? 

Jim - I'm not able to post a link to the Probe article. Could you do that? And maybe start a new thread?

Tommy - I know we are digressing. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

44 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Seems important to get to the bottom of this. If Tannenbaum testified to the existence of the film would that not be enough proof?  I just read Tannenbaum's HSCA testimony, and the Probe interview with Tannenbaum. In the Probe interview Tannenbaum says that when he and Sprague were in charge of the HSCA investigation they had a film of Phillips and Oswald at a training camp for Cuban exiles. He is a man with a lot of integrity. He says that he doesn't know what happened to the film.

Larry - why was your most recent post the last you would make in this thread? I agree with you and others that corroboration of Tannenbaum's claim would be good. I don't think that without such corroboration we should dismiss it. Tannenbaum was clearly suspicious of Phillips, said that he lied to HSCA. He speaks highly of Fonzi. Who doesn't? He says he and Sprague wanted to do an honest, non partisan investigation, but were thwarted. Who doesn't agree with that? 

Jim - I'm not able to post a link to the Probe article. Could you do that? And maybe start a new thread?

Tommy - I know we are digressing. 

Dear Paul,

Okay, in that case I'll start a new thread for you guys.  What do you want me to title it?  

Larry Hancock has already agreed to cease and desist (lol), so I'm afraid this discussion, if it continues on this thread, will be of fairly low quality, since it will be without him.

Or would you rather do that, Paul?

Edited by Thomas Graves

15 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Simpich is agnostic on whether Oswald was in MC

Oh, really, Paul B.?"    Then I invite Bill Simpich to come onto this thread and say so himself.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

LHO was in Mexico City during the final week of September 1963.

The only reason he was called "blonde" by some there was because that is how some Mexican people speak about light-haired people -- that being relatively rare in Mexico.

The Lopez Report (2003) and State Secret (2014) have placed LHO in Mexico City quite plainly.  

The reason we have no CIA photographs of LHO in Mexico City was explained thoroughly by Bill Simpich -- it was due to a CIA Mole Hunt. 

Just admit it and move on.

Tommy:  if the KGB had anything to do with LHO in Mexico City, then it becomes virtually certain that the KGB killed JFK.  Is that part of your CT?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On 3/23/2017 at 8:12 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Bill Simpich,

Regarding your statement that the possibility that full-faced Ernesto Lehfeld Miller physically impersonated Oswald cannot be completely ruled out, I think it's important to remember that Cuban Consul Eusebio Azcue described the blond "Oswald" he met with as not only being "thin" body-wise, but also as having a "very thin face" https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=954#relPageId=140&tab=page ,which fact the Lopez / Hardaway "scenario" left out.  

Which the guy who was photographed while "going to the consulate" on September 26 did not have, but the historically short and blond Nikolai Leonov, did.

I think we can discern a hint of that very thin face even in the lousyily-reproduced profile and semi-profile photos LILYRIC and LIEMPTTY took of LEON on October 2, 1963.

Particularly this one:

Image result for "nikolai leonov" "blond oswald"

And in the face of the historical Nikolai Leonov too, of course.  Why?  Because they were one-and-the same person.

NikolaiLeonovFidelNikitaBrezhnev.jpg

Nikita+Kruschev,+Nikolai+Leonov+y+Fidel+

PS  Regarding Azcue's statement that a Prince-Of-Wales-suit-wearing, 5' 6" Blond Oswald showed up at the Cuban Consulate on (according to the Lopez-Hardaway self-described scenario) "October 26", it's interesting to note that Nikolai Leonov was ... 5' 6"

Bumped, and I'll keep doing it, if necessary, just to keep this thread on topic.

Because this post is, after all, about a "Blond Oswald In Mexico [City]"

Edited by Thomas Graves