The Education Forum

The blond Oswald in Mexico

57 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

LHO was in Mexico City during the final week of September 1963.

The only reason he was called "blonde" by some there was because that is how some Mexican people speak about light-haired people -- that being relatively rare in Mexico.

The Lopez Report (2003) and State Secret (2014) have placed LHO in Mexico City quite plainly.  

The reason we have no CIA photographs of LHO in Mexico City was explained thoroughly by Bill Simpich -- it was due to a CIA Mole Hunt. 

Just admit it and move on.

Tommy:  if the KGB had anything to do with LHO in Mexico City, then it becomes virtually certain that the KGB killed JFK.  Is that part of your CT?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Dear Paul,

Did Lee Harvey Oswald (the one and only Oswald) have a "very thin face," as was described by Eusebio Azcue?

Or did he look "about 35 years old"?

Or was he "about the same height" as Sylvia Duran, who was 5' 3.5" herself, said he was ?  (Leonov was 5' 6" ; LHO was at least 5' 9")

And did he really have blond hair?

--  Tommy :sun

Dear Paul,

Should I dismiss certain evidence because it appears to lead in an uncomfortable direction?

Kinda like an ostrich, sticking his head in the sand and later asking, "Where'd everybody go?"

And by the way, Word Twister, unlike you, I don't even have a "CT".  (lol)

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

Did Lee Harvey Oswald (the one and only Oswald) have a "very thin face," as was described by Eusebio Azcue?

Or did he look "about 35 years old"?

Or was he "about the same height" as Sylvia Duran, who was 5' 3.5" herself, said he was ?  (Leonov was 5' 6" ; LHO was at least 5' 9")

And did he really have blond hair?

Dear Paul,

Should I dismiss certain evidence because it appears to lead in an uncomfortable direction?

Kinda like an ostrich, sticking his head in the sand and later asking, "Where'd everybody go?"

And by the way, Word Twister, unlike you, I don't even have a "CT".  (lol)

Tommy,

I'm surprised that you don't have a CT.  Where is all your research pointing, then?

Anyway, let me respond to your questions.

1.  In the chaos of the JFK murder investigation, people have been killed.

2.  Mexico City was particularly dangerous, because it was ILLEGAL to be a member of the Communist Party.

3.  Dallas Texas, at least, was trying to make a case that the Communists killed JFK.  (We know this from Dean Rusk).

4.  The Mexican Press was also trying to make the case that the Communists killed JFK.  We see that in attacks on Silvia Duran.

5.  A great literature of fiction was published in Mexico about Silvia Duran -- mainly making alleged "sex tapes" of LHO and Silvia into public scandals.

6.  So, when people who met LHO in Mexico City were questioned about him, they regularly exclaimed -- "That wasn't the Oswald that "I" saw!"

7.  Suddenly, their memories went blank,   Did I see LHO?  Are you sure?   What day was it?  What hour?   Was he this big Russian dude?

8.  Oh, THAT LHO.   No, the LHO I saw would NEVER look like the LHO that killed JFK.  

9.  In other words -- please take the interrogation lamp out of my eyes -- I had NOTHING to do with the LHO whom you say killed JFK.

10.  In other words -- I did not help to kill JFK!

11.  It was perhaps somewhat milder in Dallas Texas, when Buell Wesley Frazier had to defend himself from charges that he "transported the murder weapon that killed JFK."

12.  It was perhaps somewhat milder in Irving, Texas, when Ruth Paine, who was Marina Oswald's charity landlady, was accused of having "six or seven metal filing cabinets full of names of Castro supporters" in her garage.

13.  It was certainly more ferocious in Mexico City -- and so we must take those Mexico City reports about LHO in December 1963 with a huge grain of salt.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

[...]

Dear Paul,

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the title of this thread is "The Blond Oswald In Mexico."

As regards your question, "Where is all your research pointing, then?," I guess if you were to look at it scientifically, like a mathematician, the you'd be forced to say that it's more like "a random man walk" than anything so grandiose as "a direction".  If you can handle a flippant answer, "It's what ever my handler tells me to say."

If you want an honest answer, it's whatever I find my sizable nose pointed at at any given moment.

I would think that my gadfly-ish areas of interest and the results of my scattered "research projects" would be of interest to various people who do have their own "CT" to push.  Like you, for example.  My discovery that David Sanchez Morales was very likely "caught" on Jim Doyles' film while monitoring or lending "moral support" to Lee Harvey Oswald on August 9, 1963, would be of great interest to you, and that you would somehow twist it into somehow supporting your "CT".

PS  You're statement "There was no Blond Oswald in Mexico City" is a suggestion I refuse to accept.

Edited by Thomas Graves

9 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the title of this thread is "The Blond Oswald In Mexico."

All the best,

Tommy,

I completely noticed it.   You evidently missed my point.   There WAS no blond Oswald in Mexico -- there was only a RUMOR about a blond Oswald in Mexico.

All the best,
--Paul Trejo

4 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

As regards your question, "Where is all your research pointing, then?," I guess if you were to look at it scientifically, like a mathematician, the you'd be forced to say that it's more like "a random man walk" than anything so grandiose as "a direction".  If you can handle a flippant answer, "It's what ever my handler tells me to say."

If you want an honest answer, it's whatever I find my sizable nose pointed at at any given moment.

I would think that my gadfly-ish areas of interest and the results of my scattered "research projects" would be of interest to various people who do have their own "CT" to push.  Like you, for example.  My discovery that David Sanchez Morales was very likely "caught" on Jim Doyles' film while monitoring or lending "moral support" to Lee Harvey Oswald on August 9, 1963, would, I think, be of great interest to you, and you would somehow twist it into somehow supporting your "CT".

PS  You're statement "There was no Blond Oswald in Mexico City" is a suggestion I refuse to accept.  Unless, of course, Duran and Azcue were lying about it for some reason.  Like maybe someone offered them a deal they couldn't refuse?

Edited and bumped.

Edited by Thomas Graves

37 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Edited and bumped.

Tommy,

Under this new FORUM software, when you Edit and Bump a post, there is no way to QUOTE the post with the tools provided.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

...As regards your question, "Where is all your research pointing, then?," ...If you want an honest answer, it's whatever I find my sizable nose pointed at at any given moment.

I would think that my gadfly-ish areas of interest and the results of my scattered "research projects" would be of interest to various people who do have their own "CT" to push.  

Like you, for example.  My discovery that David Sanchez Morales was very likely "caught" on Jim Doyles' film while monitoring or lending "moral support" to Lee Harvey Oswald on August 9, 1963, would be of great interest to you, and that you would somehow twist it into somehow supporting your "CT".

PS  You're statement "There was no Blond Oswald in Mexico City" is a suggestion I refuse to accept.  Unless, of course, Duran and Azcue were lying about it for some reason.  Like maybe someone offered them a deal they couldn't resist?

Tommy,

The truth is that I have enjoyed your "gadfly" persona on this FORUM for many years.  It's just that I never knew what CT you yourself held.  Now I have a clearer idea -- even if the answer is: "None at all."

You have made several discoveries in this FORUM over the years, Tommy.   The first that comes to mind is your thread, "If Oswald was an Intelligence agent, how did he become a Patsy?"

Brilliant.

There are others, but you also discoved David Morales on Canal Street ("Neck-scratcher) watching LHO hand out FPCC handbills.  Yes, I'm very impressed.

Anyway, I do appreciate your informed push-back and your able employment of logic.  Finally, you correctly perceived my argument about a Blonde Oswald.  

1.  Duran and Azcue's description of a so-called Blonde Oswald differ.

2.  Duran was subject to physical abuse and beating by the Mexican Police.

3.  Azcue was terrified by the Mexican police.

4.  You suggest a bribe of cash -- but there are more powerful motives than cash -- like personal safety.

5.  We must remember that these were clerks for the CUBAN CONSULATE in Mexico City.  They were fans of FIdel Castro.

6.  So, they were hated immediately by most Mexicans, and especially by the Mexican Police.

7.  Their testimony suggests that they knew the bureaucratic procedures of Cuban visas, in relation to Communist protocol.

8.  They both saw, for example, that LHO had produced a Communist membership card -- but Communists didn't HAVE membership cards.

9.  Azcue saw quickly that LHO was a provocateur, and that LHO's behavior showed that he was "not a friend of the Revolution."  (Lopez Report, 2003)

10.  So, Duran and Azcue were both leftists -- and so they both had much to fear from the Mexican Police.

11.  Now -- here was the biggest story of 1963 -- the murder of JFK -- and the main suspect was in Mexico City.  

12.  So, the fact that we can see both Duran and Azcue back-pedal like mad, with the Mexican Police standing over them, is no mystery.

13.  So, Tommy, IMHO, the mood in Mexico probably went something like this: 

14.  "Are you talking about some blonde guy?"   "There was a blonde guy in here that day, right?"

15.  "Yeah, he was short and skinny, too."   "And don't forget that large Russian dude!"

16.  "The Oswald that *I* saw looked NOTHING like the guy they arrested in Dallas!"  

17.   "I had nothing to do with the JFK assassination -- HONEST!   PLEASE DON'T HIT ME!"

18.  The mood, IMHO was like that.   

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

3 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Tommy,

[...]

Finally, you correctly perceived my argument about a Blonde Oswald.  

[...]

Dear Paul,

I may have correctly perceived it, but I certainly haven't endorsed it, nor the agenda-driven "interpretations" and "explanations" and rationalizations you have tried to frame it in.

Edited by Thomas Graves

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

I may have correctly perceived it, but I certainly haven't endorsed it, nor the agenda-driven "interpretations" and "explanations" and rationalizations you have tried to frame it in.

Tommy,

Yes, correct; I had no intention to say that you endorsed it.   Yet you did correctly perceive it. 

I maintain that the so-called "Blonde Oswald" remarks of Silvia Duran and Eusebio Azcue must be grasped within the context of sadistic beatings that they could have (and sometimes did) receive at the hands of the Mexican Police.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 3/22/2017 at 3:28 PM, Bill Simpich said:

Speaking personally I spent a lot of time studying this subject thinking it was going to lead to a major revelation.

It was a fascinating trip, but it wasn't worth the time I personally put into it.  That is the red herring.  That's largely why I post here.   I think the only relevant question for me at this point is if Miller impersonated Oswald which I doubt.  Another one might be is if someone like Phillips wanted people to think Miller or another man impersonated Oswald as a false lead and they created this long exhausting goose chase with the help of Jack Childs.  Otherwise, absent a big break, I think time has covered up who might have impersonated Odwald in Mexico City.  I remain agnostic whether he was impersonated in person or not - I do think he was on the phone.

I don't know If Ed or Dan thought Miller acted as a blond Oswald or was mistaken as one.  I am sending a post to Dan today about Miller - I will let you all know what he says.

Bill

Ever get an answer, Bill?  Maybe I missed it. 

Thanks,

-Tommy :sun

On 11/8/2007 at 6:36 PM, Kathleen Collins said:

Here's a picture of the blond Oswald, photographed in Mexico. It doesn't look like Harvey or Lee. The picture, to me, depicts a slight man with a blond toupee -- like Andy Warhol used to wear. Did the Embassies really think that was real hair? I don't know who first posted this photo, but I found it in my picture archives.

Does anyone know anything more about this Blond Oswald?

Kathy Collins

post-5645-1194576010_thumb.jpg

That guy was identified as "Russian male LEON" by the CIA on the photographic contact sheet.  LEON, as in Mexico City-based KGB officer Nikolai Leonov, whose cover job was "Third Secretary" at the Mexico City Soviet Embassy, and who claimed many years later to have met with Oswald at said embassy on Sunday, September 29, 1963, when Oswald, wouldn't you know, just "showed up unannounced!" and guess what? --- Yep! only Leonov was there, believe it or not.

Edit:

I just now found some stuff about about a CIA op against Leonov on the Mary Ferrell website:

https://www.maryferrell.org/php/cryptdb.php?id=LIGAFF

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2015 at 1:24 PM, Paul Trejo said:

It seems to me that this thread takes Sylvia Duran too literally when she said that OSWALD was "blond and short".

Try to remember that English was her second language, and her culture was Mexico City -- where a blond person is a rarity -- unlike the USA.

Just as the word "nieve" can be used in Mexico to refer both to "snow" and to "ice cream," because snow is so rare in Mexico, the word "blond" in Mexico City can have nuances that Americans don't understand.

And then we try to be literal about it.

Actually, her term could have simply meant, "lighter hair than usual in Mexico". Oswald had light-brown hair.

I would point out that in Mexican-American culture, which is a mixed race culture, those members of one's family who have a lighter complexion are often told by their families that they could pass for white, when actually nobody outside their family in the USA would ever think so.

It's a cultural thing.

So, blond is a relative term. This CT is barking up the wrong tree, IMHO. The Truth must be found in the LOPEZ REPORT, which clarifies the point best:

1. Sylvia Duran told OSWALD to produce photographs of himself to staple to his Visa Application.

2. OSWALD left and returned with four photographs.

3. Sylvia Duran stapled them to OSWALD's Visa Application.

4. We have that Visa Application and Photo to see today in the LOPEZ REPORT.

Now, if the photographs OSWALD submitted were of a TRULY blond person, in the USA sense, who believes the Sylvia Duran would have failed to notice that?

If the face of OSWALD was different in those photographs -- who believes Sylvia Duran would have failed to notice that?

Therefore, I conclude that the OSWALD that Sylvia Duran spoke with (and Ascue and Mirabar as well) matched the four photographs that OSWALD presented to them 100%. It was THE PERSON IN THIS PHOTO that they all said was "blond", so we can conclude safely that the Mexican use of the word, "blond" is very different from our American usage.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Dear Paul,

Here's some of Azcue's HSCA testimony:

AZCUE.  [ ... ] The man who went to the consulate was a man over 30 years of age and very thin, very thin faced. And the individual I saw in the movie [footage of Ruby shooting Oswald] was a young man, considerably younger, and a fuller face. 

CORNWELL. What color hair did the individual have to the best of your memory who visited the consulate?

AZCUE. He was blond, dark blond

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo/Hscaascu.htm

Question:  Do you believe that Duran and Azcue dealt with the same person in the Cuban Consulate?  If so, isn't it logical to assume, given Azcue's testimony, above, that when Duran said the person she'd dealt with was "blond," that she meant he had blond hair?

Also, Duran is on record as saying the the guy she'd dealt with in the Consulate was "short, about the same height as her."  We know that Duran was only 5 ' 3.5" and that Oswald was 5' 9.5", a full six inches taller than Duran.  If Duran had met with Oswald in the Cuban Consulate, do you really think she would have said 5' 9.5" Oswald was "about the same height as her"?

How about if she'd dealt with someone who was only 2.5 inches taller than her; someone like 5' 6" Nikolai Leonov?

Edited by Thomas Graves