The Education Forum

Guess where?

Guest Stephen Turner

Egypt.

Sorry John, my Brother has definately been here, but not as a prisoner!!

Ahh, I did not see a prison, but a coptic dome surrouunded by a mix of architectural styles from late and early greecian/roman/mediterranean styles and methods in an up-nile post wet season enclave. Perhapas a minaret too. Darn. OK, where is it? How?

How?

John Lennon

How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?

How can I go forward when I don't know which way to turn?

How can I go forward into something I'm not sure of?

Oh no, oh no.

How can I have feeling when I don't know if it's a feeling?

How can I feel something if I just don't know how to feel?

How can I have feelings when my feelings have always been denied?

O oh no, oh no.

How can I give love when I don't know what it is Im giving?

How can I give love when I just don't know how to give?

How can I give love when love is something I ain't never had?

Oh no, oh no.

You know life can be long

And you got to be strong

And the world is so tough

Sometimes I feel I've had enough.

Oh no, oh no.

How can we go forward when I don't know which way we're facing?

How can we go forward when we don't know which way to turn?

How can we go forward into something we're not sure of?

Oh no, oh no.

_

edit spelling

_

Lennon at queens memorial concert: " ..could those in the cheaper seats applaud and the rest just rattle your jewellery..." ... "Twist a little sloser...shake it up now..."

Edited by John Dolva

More clues please, Stephen? Date? Hemisphere?

Steep roofs indicate snow at times of year. The architectural style of some of the more modern buildings reminds one of the (name escapes, M something?) French architects 'invention' where the top floor is inside the roof (cost saving). Here it is (sort of) without windows. The rendering and color is old mediterranean on the middle photo yet the mortar/brick is well done.There is something 'contrived' there. Is it some kind of 'theme park', museum, tourist atttraction??

Edited by John Dolva

Guest Stephen Turner
More clues please, Stephen? Date? Hemisphere?

Steep roofs indicate snow at times of year. The architectural style of some of the more modern buildings reminds one of the (name escapes, M something?) French architects 'invention' where the top floor is inside the roof (cost saving). Here it is (sort of) without windows. The rendering and color is old mediterranean on the middle photo yet the mortar/brick is well done.There is something 'contrived' there. Is it some kind of 'theme park', museum, tourist atttraction??

Its in Britain John, Wales in fact, mainly built in the early part of the last century by Clough William Ellis. patrick McGoohan found it particularly CAPITIVATING. :ph34r:

Guest Stephen Turner
The village.Italianate resort village of Portmeirion. Filming location for the Prisoner.

We have a winnah!! Well done Kathy, your prize is two weeks as Number two, with early release for good behaviour.

The village.Italianate resort village of Portmeirion. Filming location for the Prisoner.

We have a winnah!! Well done Kathy, your prize is two weeks as Number two, with early release for good behaviour.

Aha, tricky. Thanks for that. Well done.

Fun.

Not sure I'd want to visit though.

http://www.virtualportmeirion.com/

"Portmeirion is a private (italianate, said by some to be derived from Portofino in Italy - ed.) village in North Wales that was created by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, using a combination of rescued architectural follies and specially designed buildings which provide a fascinating mix of architectural styles. It is open for day visits and daily/weekly stays in either hotel serviced or self-catering accommodations"