The Education Forum

Mc A levels

The skills gap is a very serious issue but to expect McDonalds to provide an objective education is laughable. Will their candidates come out with a clear understanding of the effects of eating McDonalds? Will "Supersize me" be on their curriculum?

Obesity and how to cause it?

The benefits of a low wage economy?

Using the libel laws for fun and profit?

West Sussex Teachers' Association claim to have a copy of the paper for the Mc A level

Is McDonalds?

a) a vicious anti-union low wage employer?

:D a fast track to a heart attack?

c) fun in a bun?

d) animal cruelty incarnate

If your answer was © congratulations you now have a Mc A level.

(before the Millionaire McLawyers get on the McPhone this is a joke of course)

Well, there is/was a Wimpy Professor of Management Studies...

Oops, wrong Wimpy! I meant Wimpey, of course.

I used to teach at Thames Valley University (TVU). Mars - which had a large factory near to the Slough campus - was one of TVU's sponsors. I believe they donated quite a bit of money to TVU.

I agree all companies have training schemes although this is hard to believe of McDonalds.

One wonders why the government is choosing to laud this anti-union pro-obesity conglomerate at the present time.

With the growing privatisation of education - four schools in West Sussex are being handed over to private corporations - how long before your children can be both educated and fed by McDonalds?

I agree all companies have training schemes although this is hard to believe of McDonalds.

One wonders why the government is choosing to laud this anti-union pro-obesity conglomerate at the present time.

With the growing privatisation of education - four schools in West Sussex are being handed over to private corporations - how long before your children can be both educated and fed by McDonalds?

I fear you are getting confused or perhaps a little over heated.

It is clear that you don't like Macdonalds and you say this is because they make us fat and because they don't like unions. This much could be discussed.

It is less clear but implied that you don't like vocational education or the marketisation of education. You offer no explanation unfortunately as for why for either which is a shame because both points could also be of some interest if developed.

Perhaps you could to take them one and share with us your considered views.

We might then achieve a more interesting thread.

Alternatively you could just continue to talk in cliches quite possibly until 'the cows come home' :rolleyes: .

Yes my mother told me to avoid cliches like the plague :surfing

I am concerned that an education provided by McDonalds will not be objective. That is not AFAIK a cliche.

I used the examples of McDonalds' teaching on the subject of healthy eating and obesity and on trade union rights as possible problem areas.

That is not the same as disliking vocational education. On the contrary I have a BEd and an MA in Media in Education - two vocational qualifications I would have thought :lol:

I'm pretty shocked and incredulous at this, but have to temper my attitude.

A number of people I mentioned this to have said that the McDonalds management programmes are very well respected. A person who used to be a senior recruiting officer said the ADF looked very favourably on them.