The Education Forum

Barack Obama or John McCain

John Simkin

There is a strong possibility that the presidential election will be between Barack Obama and John McCain. If so, who will the conservatives vote for? What about the Christian Right who do not seem to trust McCain. Will there be a third party candidate? Are the American people ready for a black president?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t remember if it was Eldridge Clever or Malcolm X who observed that (non black) Americans had more respect for Africans than African-Americans. I think since his dad was Kenyan this won’t be a big issue. A bigger stumbling block is he was educated at a madrasa and his middle name is Hussein.

My best guess is that just as many progressives have voted Democrat even though they were less than enthused with the candidate the conservatives will vote for McCain and bluster from Limbaugh and Coulter aside I think they would do so even if Hillary ends up being the candidate. IMO at best the far-right types will simply stay at home.

I believe much of the brouhaha about McCain being “too liberal” is a scam to make him more appealing to swing voters in swing states. On most issues, Iraq, abortion, social spending, gun control, school prayer etc his position is the same or very close to theirs. I can’t think of any issue where Clinton or Obama are closer to the conservatives POV

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/John_McCain.htm

Edited by Len Colby

There is a strong possibility that the presidential election will be between Barack Obama and John McCain. If so, who will the conservatives vote for? What about the Christian Right who do not seem to trust McCain. Will there be a third party candidate? Are the American people ready for a black president?

Obama is bringing a level of excitement to the race not seen since Bobby Kennedy. I think the election is his.

It's been fun watching the far right go so bonkers. As if McCain was some sort of LIBERAL. These people are just nuts.

Rush and Coulter may become a thing of the past. And just maybe the far right WILL stay home. This is an anti- W. reaction. Anti- neocons. People are desperate for change. But can-and will- Obama deliver?

(Len, his middle name is IRRELEVENT!)

Dawn

Obama is bringing a level of excitement to the race not seen since Bobby Kennedy. I think the election is his.

It's been fun watching the far right go so bonkers. As if McCain was some sort of LIBERAL. These people are just nuts.

Rush and Coulter may become a thing of the past. And just maybe the far right WILL stay home. This is an anti- W. reaction. Anti- neocons. People are desperate for change. But can-and will- Obama deliver?

Obama appears to be having little difficulty raising money for his campaign (twice as much as Clinton over the last week). I find that very worrying. Who is providing the money? What do they expect to get in return for this support?

Obama appears to be having little difficulty raising money for his campaign (twice as much as Clinton over the last week). I find that very worrying. Who is providing the money? What do they expect to get in return for this support?

Obama is backed by the Rockefeller interests and the CFR.

The key is the the running mate. Think 1960. Who will benefit

when the president is assassinated?

Anyone who thinks a black Muslim named Hussein can be elected

is depending on voter fraud. The patsy probably has already been

set up just in case he wins. The running mate is the important figure.

History repeats.

Jack

(Len, his middle name is IRRELEVENT!)

Dawn

Dawn

I agree that it should be but I agree with Jack (yes miracles do happen) on this being black (even if it's due to an African rather than African-American) father, have studied at Muslim schools and his middle name will unfortunately probably cost him some votes.

Len

I'm sure you have evidence to back this claim!

is depending on voter fraud.

While these are problems I doubt they are insurmountable polls show him beating McCain. Also it would help it you get your facts straight though he went to Muslim schools while living in Indonesia he is Christian.

While these are problems I doubt they are insurmountable polls show him beating McCain. Also it would help it you get your facts straight though he went to Muslim schools while living in Indonesia he is Christian.

Check Google.

Jack

Check Google.

Jack

I don't think there has been a single US president in the past 50 years who hasn't been endorsed by the council on foreign relations. Its kind of like Caesar obtaining a blessing from Gaia, the Earth mother, before any political accession.

Obama's church affiliation is hardly "mainstream Christian"...a black denomination that supports gay marriage...

"The church, with about 1.2 million members, is considered the most liberal of Protestant groups. In 1972, the UCC was the first to ordain an openly gay man. And two years ago, the church endorsed same-sex marriage, the largest Christian denomination to do so.

Obama came to the UCC at age 26 through the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, a self-described "unashamedly black" church that emphasizes the importance of black family life and community service, while criticizing the U.S. war in Iraq."

Jack

Check Google.

Jack

I don't think there has been a single US president in the past 50 years who hasn't been endorsed by the council on foreign relations. Its kind of like Caesar obtaining a blessing from Gaia, the Earth mother, before any political accession.

You don't get it, do you?

Jack

I have known that Brzezinski was backing him for sometime now. That's why I don't think he will be killed. Unless he "pulls a JFK". That's what I meant by "will he deliver?" Or will it be more status quo? Saying "change" is one thing, effectuating serious change is quite another. That is why the lessons of '63 are so major. Until this is understood no real change will ever occur. We need media with balls. Fat chance there. (Even the ones who know lie: "Billo", Geraldo).

John, it is my understanding that his funding is coming frrom small grassroots doners, much the way Howard Dean raised money 4 years ago, and Ron Paul this time. He has a super organization in place.

Dawn

Check Google.

Jack

So it's on the Internet and sites like Rense which has a disclaimer saying it doesn't vouch for the veracity of anything posted on it. Now I'm convinced

Obama's church affiliation is hardly "mainstream Christian"...a black denomination that supports gay marriage...

"The church, with about 1.2 million members, is considered the most liberal of Protestant groups. In 1972, the UCC was the first to ordain an openly gay man. And two years ago, the church endorsed same-sex marriage, the largest Christian denomination to do so.

Obama came to the UCC at age 26 through the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, a self-described "unashamedly black" church that emphasizes the importance of black family life and community service, while criticizing the U.S. war in Iraq."

Jack

Where did I ever say "mainstream Christian" you said he was a Muslim

Check Google.

Jack

You don't get it, do you?

Jack

Actually Jack, you don't get it.

Despite your clinically paranoid projections of future politics following the template of JFK, it seems that Barak Obama is more to the mainstream than Hilary Clinton. Personally I think Obama will be our next President, and his tenure will be very moderate and unexciting. Likely the US will be enduring a very rough economic period over the next six to eight years and any President will have his hands full. I would guess that monied interests have already sidled up to Obama in full knowledge of a need for a very close relationship. It will not be about the reigns of power within the defense establishment (not in the next six years, not with an ending economic downturn upon us). That is my opinion.

Obama's tenure will be about who he brings into his cabinet, not about him or his second. As with any intelligent leader, his policies will be formed by those around him, and he will he perceived only as intelligent as those who advise him. I completely disupte any analogy to a past of dichotomy and assassination, and believe that to be paranoia.