The Education Forum

Barack Obama or John McCain

John Simkin

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barack's new theme song

Go ahead..go ahead and light up the town!

Baby, do everything your heart desires..

remember, I'll always be around.

And I know like I told you so many times before

you're gonna come back, baby..

you're gonna come back knockin' right on my door.

Time is on my side, yes, it is.

Time is on my side, yes, it is.

'Cause I got the real love, the kind that you need.

You'll come runnin' back, you'll come runnin' back,

you'll come runnin' back to me.

Time is running out on Hillary Rodham Clinton, the long-ago front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination who now trails Barack Obama in delegates, states won and popular votes.

Compounding Clinton's woes, Obama appears on track to finish the primary campaign fewer than 100 delegates shy of the 2,025 needed to win.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080418/D904FO280.html

The following is quite rich coming from the pioneer of campaing finance reform:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3aa33a38-0d6e-11...00779fd2ac.html

And doesn't he call his bus brigade the Straight Talk Express?

It will be interesting to see how the Christian Right embraces someone whose wife is a beer baroness.

But, they will probably fall in line in a lemming-like manner if Pat Robertson's earlier endorsement of Rudy Giulani is any indication.

Does anybody even listen to Pat Robertson (who must be feeling quite prescient as a result of his pick)?

But let's be real, this race is about money and business, and not principle, and Pat Robertson is a full-time businessman (whose net worth is estimated to be between $200,000,000 and $1 Billion) and a part-time preacher.

He wanted to be on the winning side, so he went with Rudy, who seemed like a sure thing at the time (before the people started voting, at least).

Forget that Rudy was a womanizer and a supporter of Roe v. Wade, Robertson wanted to be associated with a winner.

Roberson's pick, in which he tossed aside principle in favor or political expediency, is emblamatic of how and why the Republicans squandered their majorities in the House, the Senate and the state legislatures and governors' mansions.

Speaking of Pat Robertson, check out the following Wiki summary of Pat Robertson controversies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson_controversies

Edited by Christopher Hall

Matt Drudge Exclusive

CLINTON INTERNALS SHOW 11-POINT LEAD IN PA

Mon Apr 21 2008 11:10:14 ET

**Exclusive**

Controlled excitement is building inside of Clinton's inner circle as closely guarded internal polling shows the former first lady with an 11-point lead in Pennsylvania!

Clinton is polling near to nearly 2 to 1 over Obama in many regions of the state, a top insider explained to the DRUDGE REPORT.

A strong coalition of middle-class and religious voters has all but secured a Clinton victory Tuesday, with headline-making margins, the campaign believes.

"It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of how much," a senior campaign source said Monday morning.

When pressed if the dramatic internal polling numbers could somehow be flawed in a state as demographically complex as Pennsylvania, and with new voter registration surging to unseen levels, the campaign insider held firm.

"Senator Obama would be wise not to unpack his bags quite yet."

MORE

With less than 24 hours to go until the beginning of the end of primary season voting, Obama has handedly captured Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but has failed to dominate suburban sprawl, the campaign's polling reveals.

An 11-point victory in Pennsylvania for Clinton would expand on margins scored in Ohio.

Clinton will quickly move to feverishly focus on Indiana starting Tuesday night, hoping to somehow convince superdelegates that she not only has superior stamina but has crucial swing state appeal.

Without superdelegate intervention, Clinton still faces impossible math to nomination.

Of course Dewey won by a "landslide" sixty years ago.

Matt Drudge Exclusive
CLINTON INTERNALS SHOW 11-POINT LEAD IN PA

Mon Apr 21 2008 11:10:14 ET

**Exclusive**

Controlled excitement is building inside of Clinton's inner circle as closely guarded internal polling shows the former first lady with an 11-point lead in Pennsylvania!

Clinton is polling near to nearly 2 to 1 over Obama in many regions of the state, a top insider explained to the DRUDGE REPORT.

A strong coalition of middle-class and religious voters has all but secured a Clinton victory Tuesday, with headline-making margins, the campaign believes.

"It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of how much," a senior campaign source said Monday morning.

When pressed if the dramatic internal polling numbers could somehow be flawed in a state as demographically complex as Pennsylvania, and with new voter registration surging to unseen levels, the campaign insider held firm.

"Senator Obama would be wise not to unpack his bags quite yet."

MORE

With less than 24 hours to go until the beginning of the end of primary season voting, Obama has handedly captured Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but has failed to dominate suburban sprawl, the campaign's polling reveals.

An 11-point victory in Pennsylvania for Clinton would expand on margins scored in Ohio.

Clinton will quickly move to feverishly focus on Indiana starting Tuesday night, hoping to somehow convince superdelegates that she not only has superior stamina but has crucial swing state appeal.

Without superdelegate intervention, Clinton still faces impossible math to nomination.

Of course Dewey won by a "landslide" sixty years ago.

Are the Indiana and NC primaries also on Tuesday?

Does this truly mark the end of the primaries?

I guess I blinked and they got by me.

More likely, I think that they made me so disenchanted that I have tuned them out, which is difficult in view of the media saturation that the campaigns have been generating.

It looks like my prediction of an Obama victory in Pa is dead in the water.

A substantial HRC victory in Pa could make things quite interesting, if you can make yourself follow where it leads.

A substantial HRC victory in Pa could make things quite interesting, if you can make yourself follow where it leads.

The remaining primary schedule, according to ROCK THE VOTE:

APRIL 2008

• April 22: Pennsylvania

MAY 2008

• May 6: Indiana, North Carolina

• May 13: Nebraska, West Virginia

• May 20: Kentucky, Oregon

• May 27: Idaho ®

JUNE 2008

• June 3: Montana, New Mexico ®, South Dakota

http://www.rockthevote.com/2008-presidenti...us-calendar.php

While the polls look positive for Hillary in Pennsylvania, not so in Indiana and North Carolina. If she loses both primaries on May 6, even after a substantial win in PA, that should be the end. Rumors persist that Hillary is running out of money, the stuff that makes the world go round.

The New York Times again moots the possibility of an Obama-Clinton dream ticket, and they cite the example of JFK & LBJ in 1960 as precedent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/us/polit...agewanted=print

If Obama reads this forum he should know that some members believe that accepting LBJ as Veep was JFK's biggest blunder, the one that bought him a bullet in the brain. Funnily enough, when the idea of this dream ticket was raised in a TV discussion some weeks ago, a Republican analyst observed that President Obama will require the services of a food-taster in the White House if Hillary is VP.

Looks like a record primary turnout in Pennsylvania, on a day of beautiful Spring sunshine. More than 2 Million people will vote (there are 4 Million registed Dems in PA). The high turnout is good news for one candidate, and if you tune in tomorrow I will tell you which one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/us/polit...ampaign.html?hp

The remaining primary schedule, according to ROCK THE VOTE:

APRIL 2008

• April 22: Pennsylvania

MAY 2008

• May 6: Indiana, North Carolina

• May 13: Nebraska, West Virginia

• May 20: Kentucky, Oregon

• May 27: Idaho ®

JUNE 2008

• June 3: Montana, New Mexico ®, South Dakota

http://www.rockthevote.com/2008-presidenti...us-calendar.php

While the polls look positive for Hillary in Pennsylvania, not so in Indiana and North Carolina. If she loses both primaries on May 6, even after a substantial win in PA, that should be the end. Rumors persist that Hillary is running out of money, the stuff that makes the world go round.

Thanks, Raymond.

Tonight will be interesting - it could be HRC's last gasp.

I am not a glutton for punishment, however, so I will check for the results online instead of following it on any television network or news channels.

HILLARY BY A COAL_MINER'S LANDSLIDE (right now it's 8%)

http://www.drudgereport.com/

One commentator used a nice tennis metaphor tonight. Obama gets another Match Point opportunity in Indiana. If he scores a double-whammy Indiana/N.Carolina, by margins equal to/better than Hillary's margin In PA, then Hillary is out of business.

Obama is appearing in Indiana tonight with live performance by local working-class hero John Mellencamp.

There is another situation taking place that I have yet to see any media member comment on: The "Rush Factor". He has millions of listeners on his popular hate radio show registering as Democrats for the sole purpose of voting for Clinton. That sole purpose being subverting the democratic process. He and his ilk call it "operation chaos". Last night was an example. In my car yeterday I had him on-wanting to know what the enemy is up to- and caller after caller were reporting that they had voted (in Pa) and could not wait to "switch back to Republican tomorrow". Yet not a single talking head has so much as mentioned this.

Dawn

Pennsylvania Secretary of State says

NOT QUITE DOUBLE DIGITS

Victory Margin 8.6%

(54.3% to 45.7%)

President of the United States

Democratic Primary

*** 9,184 out of 9,264 Districts (99.14%) Reporting Statewide ***

Candidate Votes Percent

CLINTON, HILLARY (DEM)

1,236,022 54.3%

OBAMA, BARACK (DEM)

1,041,867 45.7%

http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/

The consolation for Obama? He began the Pennsylvania campaign about 20% behind in polls.