The Education Forum

Saint John Hunt : Bond of Secrecy

Message from Saint John Hunt:

Well, we've waited long enough for my book to be finished and available. I'm happy to announce that it is finally available online as an e-book in Acrobat PDF format!

The e-book is complete with personal photographs and most importantly, all the memo's and documents that my father, E. Howard Hunt, entrusted to me. His wish was that I make this available to the world.

Eric Hamburg, author of "JFK, Nixon, Oliver Stone and Me," says:

"Bond of Secrecy is an important book which sheds new light on some of the darkest secrets in American history. It is also a moving personal story of reconciliation and the enduring bonds between a father and son. I recommend it highly."

To download immediately, go to:

http://www.saintjohnhunt.com/bond.html

Thank you so much for your support and patience. Please let me know what you think of the book.

Sincerely,

Saint John Hunt

saint@saintjohnhunt.com

http://www.saintjohnhunt.com

According to the website:

This is the remarkable true story of St. John Hunt and his father E. Howard Hunt, the infamous Watergate burglar and CIA spymaster. It is the story of a father's last confession to his son about the CIA, Watergate, and the plot to assassinate President John F. Kennedy. It is also the story of a family destroyed by the national tragedy of Watergate, of a son who lost his mother in a mysterious plane crash at the height of the scandal, and lost his father to prison in the wake of that scandal. It is a story of loss and redemption, of secrets and their consequences.

In Howard Hunt's near death confession to his son St. John, he revealed that key figures in the CIA were responsible for the plot to assassinate JFK in Dallas, and that Hunt himself was approached by the plotters. These men included the CIA's David Atlee Phillips, Cord Meyer, Jr. and William Harvey, as well as future Watergate burglar Frank Sturgis. Sturgis later discussed the whole plot with Hunt, when they were both in prison after Watergate. Hunt also revealed that LBJ was both behind the plot and had recruited the CIA men to carry it out. This is an incredible true story, which has never before been told from an inside, authoritative source.

It is also the story of a uniquely dysfunctional American family caught up in the great tragedies and scandals of our era.

The Hunt family, living in a compound called "Witches Island" outside of Washington, became victims of forces they could not have imagined. As a teenager, St. John Hunt discovered his father was a CIA agent, ultimately helping him in destroying evidence and smuggling cash to be used for hush money in the wake of the Watergate break-in.

His alienation from, and subsequent reconciliation with his father in the years after Watergate mirrors the struggles that our nation has gone through in the past decades. It is a remarkable and very American story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key revelations and allegations in the book include the following:

• Hunt asserts that LBJ recruited Cord Meyer in 1962 for the plot against JFK.

• LBJ met with Richard Helms of the CIA at his ranch prior to the assassination.

• In 1963, Meyer discussed the plot with David Phillips of the CIA, who brought in CIA official William Harvey and Cuban exile leader Antonio Veciana.

• Sturgis brought Morales, a CIA hit man, to a meeting with Hunt where the "Big Event" (the assassination of JFK) is discussed.

• CIA official William Harvey was working with the Mafia, and was the mastermind of the plot.

• Jack Ruby was ordered by the Mafia to kill Oswald.

• Naming the actual assassin of President Kennedy who fired from behind the picket fence atop the "grassy knoll".

If Phillips brought Veciana in to the plot, it of course makes no sense whatsoever that Veciana would tell Fonzi about seeing Phillips with Oswald.

Veciana's tale told to Fonzi (whether true or not) IMO exculpates him from any role in the conspiracy.

And if Veciana had no role in the conspiracy, then Hunt's version is false.

And of course the version propounded here is in total contradiction to wjat he wrote in his book "American Spy".