The Education Forum

Oswald and Nash Rambler

QUOTE (Michael Hogan @ Dec 10 2009, 02:42 AM)

How do you explain this?

On page 44 of MIDP: Deputy Roger Craig, also in the photo, is pictured looking at the man and the station wagon. The Hertz sign, on the top of the Book Depository, shows the time at 12:40 PM.

On page 47 of MIDP: This momentary sighting also dovetails with the observation of sheriff's deputy Roger Craig, who also sees a Nash Rambler station wagon, also driven by a dark-complected man, about fifteen minutes after the shooting, heading west on Elm.

I've been looking all over the Internet. Could somebody post the photo of a man resembling LHO and the station wagon -Nash Rambler? It was taken by Jim Murray, a freelance photographer, I believe.

Kathy C

--------------------

Biography: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8819

Kathy,

Here's a photographic montage I did for the first edition of Larry Hancock's 'Someone Would Have Talked'.

Cheers,

James

James, thank you so much for attaching these photos. Some I may have not seen before -- or I didn't see what I was supposed to see. I don't know if you believe in the 2 Oswalds, but seeing "Lee" coming down the walk of the TSBD, etc., is amazing to me.

This is something that never became an issue with me until now: who owned the Nash Rambler? I remember discussion about it. And what color was it?

Kathy C

Kathy,

The whole Lee and Harvey thing I have yet to make my mind up about but I do believe Lee Oswald was impersonated several times leading up to the assassination, and then again on the day itself.

The 1959 Rambler is also a curious issue given the several prominent folk who owned one including George Wing, Rip Robertson, Howard Davis and a member of the Dallas chapter of Alpha 66. It must also be considered that this was a common vehicle for the day.

I also think that particular Jim Murray photograph is a very important one. Somewhat of a story being told with lots of detail. Many years ago, I created these comparisons with people present in that image. I post them here more as a curiosity than anything else.

Cheers,

James

Guest John Gillespie
Kathy,

Here's a photographic montage I did for the first edition of Larry Hancock's 'Someone Would Have Talked'.

Cheers,

James

James,

Great stuff as always. Thanks. Is Umbrella Man in the photo on the lower left, the caption of which is:

"Photograph taken on Elm Street approximately 10 minutes after the assassination"?

Yours Truly,

JG

Guest Tom Scully

A common enough vehicle in its day to end the discussion, or just to make it very difficult to continue it?

http://www.amcyclopedia.org/node/58#productionnumbers

...Front end styling was very similar for 1958-60 models. Grille inserts changed from year to year as well as side trim. The rear fins changed all three years....

4182473995_89e8727f8b_o.jpg

Edited by Tom Scully

Kathy,

Cheers,

James

Very nice James!

Thanks for posting that montage, it was saved to my computer the second I laid eyes on it

Dean

Kathy,

Cheers,

James

Very nice James!

Thanks for posting that montage, it was saved to my computer the second I laid eyes on it

Dean

Thanks, Dean.

I think what we get from this is that a 1959 Rambler was indeed on Elm Street at the time. Roger Craig was pretty much where he said he was and a guy, who in my humble opinion somewhat resembled Oswald, was making his way along side the TSBD in the company of another man.

James

KATHY ='Kathleen Collins' date='Dec 13 2009, 04:43 PM' post='176077'] (Michael Hogan @ Dec 10 2009, 02:42 AM)

How do you explain this?

On page 44 of MIDP: Deputy Roger Craig, also in the photo, is pictured looking at the man and the station wagon. The Hertz sign, on the top of the Book Depository, shows the time at 12:40 PM.

On page 47 of MIDP: This momentary sighting also dovetails with the observation of sheriff's deputy Roger Craig, who also sees a Nash Rambler station wagon, also driven by a dark-complected man, about fifteen minutes after the shooting, heading west on Elm.

I've been looking all over the Internet. Could somebody post the photo of a man resembling LHO and the station wagon -Nash Rambler? It was taken by Jim Murray, a freelance photographer, I believe.

Kathy C

--------------------

name='Kathleen Collins' date='Dec 13 2009, 04:43 PM' post='176077'] (Michael Hogan @ Dec 10 2009, 02:42 AM)

How do you explain this?

Kathy C ....HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING THIS POSTED...??WHEN I HIT AND QUOTE YOUR POST AND HIT TO POST IT...IT DOES TELLING ME THE QUOTES DO NOT MATCH WHATEVER..I HOPE THE GREMLIN IS NOT BACK..ON THE F .. :) SO I HAVE COPIED AND PASTED WE SHALL SEE IF THAT WORKS...B

HI KATHY FYI... READ WHAT ROGER CRAIG HIMSELF STATES ABOUT ALL THIS IN HIS BOOK..A WEE PART COPIED BELOW...THAT HE WAS ON THE SOUTH SIDE WHEN HE SAW HIM NOT THE NORTH... IN THE MURRAY POSTED AS SHOWN HE IS ON THE NORTH, HE THEN EVENTUALLY CROSSED BACK OVER TO THE SOUTH SIDE THEN SAW HIM, AND ALSO THE MAN RAN DOWN THE GRASSY KNOLL...NOT WALKED DOWN THE SIDE LANE SIDEWALK...ATTACHED ARE THE TWO DISTANT MURRAY'S. I BELIEVE TAKEN FROM THE SOUTH SIDE..THEIR FIRST APPEARANCE AND WHO FOUND THE MAN WAS RICHARD SPRAGUE AS FAR AS I KNOW,IN HIS AND HARRIS'S BOOK COVER-UP I AM THINKING...FWIW B..

at approximately 12:40 p.m., Deputy Craig was standing on the south side of Elm Street when he heard a shrill whistle coming from the north side of Elm and turned to see a man -- wearing faded blue trousers and a long sleeved work shirt made of some type of grainy material -- come running down the grassy knoll from the direction of the TSBD. He saw a light green Rambler station wagon coming slowly west on Elm Street, pull over to the north curb and pick up the man coming down the hill. By this time the traffic was too heavy for him to be able to reach them before the car drove away going west on Elm.

after witnessing the above scene, Deputy Craig ran to the command post at Elm and Houston to report the incident to the authorities. When he got there and asked who was involved in the investigation, a man turned to him and said "I'm with the Secret Service." Craig recounted what he had just seen. This "Secret Service" man showed little interest in Craig's description of the people leaving, but seemed extremely interested in the description of the Rambler to the degree this was the only part of the recounting that he wrote down. (On 12/22/67, Roger Craig learned from Jim Garrison that this man's name was Edgar Eugene Bradley, a right wing preacher from North Hollywood, California and part-time assistant to Carl McIntire, the fundamentalist minister who had founded the American Counsel of Christian Churches. Then-governor Ronald Reagan refused to grant the extradition request from Garrison for the indictment of Bradley during the New Orleans Probe.) :)

www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/WTKaP.html

B..

THE RAMBLER PHOTOS ARE FROM BARTHOLOMEW

--------------------

Edited by Bernice Moore

KATHY HERE ARE A COUPLE MORE FOR YOU IN AN ALLEN PHOTO CRAIG IS ALSO SEEN ON THE NORTH SIDE WITH THE CROWD..AND THEN HE IS GONE...BACK TO THE SOUTH SIDE...THERE IS NO PHOTO THAT SHOWS HIM CLEARLY WHEN HE RETURNS...THERE IS ONE THAT SHOWS PARTIAL F A MAN'S BODY THAT THE CLOTHES ARE SIMILAR IN COLOUR AND SME THINK IT MAY BE HIM .....TAKE GOOD CARE..THE RAMBLER ON ELM ALSO...CROPPED AND BLOWN UP...FROM JIM MURRAY...

Edited by Bernice Moore

The Rambler shown in the Elm St photo is a '63 Rambler, which is another body style from the '59 which is talked about. It's not even clear that it's a wagon. Ramblers were very common back then.

Now, there is another Murray photo of two women crying that has an early 60's Rambler American wagon in the background. This photo was taken at the corner of Elm and Houston just minutes after the assassination.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&id=6055

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&id=6056

Edited by J. William King