The Education Forum

Oswald and Nash Rambler

Kathy,

Here's a photographic montage I did for the first edition of Larry Hancock's 'Someone Would Have Talked'.

Cheers,

James

All,

The only problem with this is that Craig was very clear that he was on the South side of Elm Street when he observed the Nash Rambler. The Murray photos show him on the North side.

Todd

Edited by Todd W. Vaughan

thanks for all the pics everyone. They are great and some that I have never seen before.

those 2 men walking in the background is very suspicious, especially since one of them is looking in the direction of the camera. I couldn't see the man hailing at the Rambler in that blow up (needed an arrow pointing). I especially like the pics of the Rambler in front of the TSBD with the Dal Tex building in the background. You can see the fire escape where the person is standing in the Altgens photo.

Kathy,

Here's a photographic montage I did for the first edition of Larry Hancock's 'Someone Would Have Talked'.

Cheers,

James

That car looks EXACTLY LIKE the Pepto-Bismol pink Nash Rambler wagon driven by Jack Ruby in Miami at, for lack of a

better term, Hernando's Hideaway. Ole! But there were something like 160,000 of these, in all colors, made in that year

by Nash Motors. Nash, by the way in Russian, means something like "one of ours"...

FWIW.

James

Yep, I know. There were about 160,000 Nash Rambler Station Wagons with shark fin tailfins made in

both 1958 and 1959 combined. I previously said in 1959. So many wagons, so many colors. Was it

green, pink, grey or what? In Texas alone probably 10,000 or more were registered. So much for that

theory. I think that Bartholemew's buddy was just trying to find a buyer in fact. Pig in a poke, sorta

like someone who bought the wrong smoking gun for $150,000.00 So sad.

• 10 months later...
On 12/14/2009 at 5:28 AM, Todd W. Vaughan said:
James Richards said:
Kathy,

Cheers,

James

"The only problem with this is that Craig was very clear that he was on the South side of Elm Street when he observed the Nash Rambler. The Murray photos show him on the North side."

[emphasis added by T. G.]

Todd,

Roger Craig also said the Oswald-looking guy ran down the grass to get the Rambler, but the two men "Craig" appears to be looking at in the Murray photo appear to be walking down Elm Street Extension.

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 10/21/2010 at 8:40 PM, Steve Duffy said:

Would someone be kind enough to repost the pics?

Dark-suited Roger Craig (?), standing in the street on the on the north side of Elm, apparently looking at the two guys walking down Elm Street Extension, behind the white retaining wall in the background).

post-3525-081849100 1287721420_thumb.jpg

--  Tommy :sun

Murray24.jpg

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 6 years later...
On 10/21/2010 at 9:23 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Dark-suited  Roger Craig (???), standing in the street on the on the north side of Elm, apparently looking at the two guys walking down Elm Street Extension, behind the white retaining wall in the background.  Click to enlarge.

Murray24.jpg

edited and bumped

Note:  I don't think that's "lean and mean" Roger Craig.  This guy's too thick.

Not only that, but Craig said he was on the other side of Elm Street when he heard a shrill whistle and looked up and saw "Oswald" run down the grass to the Rambler station wagon.  Another clue that Craig was on the other side of Elm Street (i.e., the south side) is that he said he tried to cross Elm Street to get to that Rambler before it left, but there was too much traffic and he couldn't get across in time.

Just sayin'

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves