The Education Forum

Lyndon LaRouche forecast the collapse of British Imperial System

Terry Mauro

As for Santander despite being down from its peak in late January its share price is above what is was for most of 2012.

// end Colby

http://www.xe.com/cu...&to=USD&view=1Y

The Devil in the details eh ?? POUND down over 10 % in year vs dollar. So far today VERY bad day for the pound.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have had many arguments with LaRouche people over his ideas and DOPE INC which I feel has a number of errors. I do agree with DOPE Inc in that there was a deeper story regarding Lansky and China heroin. ( See my Interview with William Weston) Where I do give credit to LaRouche is in Gladio , for they held the torch of truth to this bloody affair years and years before 911. (Gaal)

Compare that too your dozen or so posts defending loony Lyndon's theories just in this thread, 'the laddy doth protest too much'. Though perhaps not a cultist follower like your buddy you are obviously quite ideologically aliened with LaDouche. // end COLBY

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I believe in a national industrial policy as does Lyndon LaRouch. (Gaal)

================================================================

I have been asked by someone to post my 'disagreement' with Dope INC. I plan to email back a response in ten days or so. I may share portions here on the ED Forum.

#############################

industrial policy, government-sponsored economic program in which the public and private sectors coordinate their efforts to develop new technologies and industries. Government provides the financial support and capital to the private sector by direct subsidies, tax credits, or government-run developmental banks. Industrial policy emphasizes cooperation between government, banks, private enterprise, and employees to strengthen the national economy. In the 1980s and 90s, industrial policies enjoyed some success in Germany and Japan. In the United States, such direct government involvement in business planning has traditionally been viewed with suspicion.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOxOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SEE START OF DISCUSSION OF ISSUE // DEEP BACKGROUND

http://steveblank.co...-policy-part-1/

Edited by Steven Gaal

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Santander despite being down from its peak in late January its share price is above what is was for most of 2012.

// end Colby

http://www.xe.com/cu...&to=USD&view=1Y

The Devil in the details eh ?? POUND down over 10 % in year vs dollar. So far today VERY bad day for the pound.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LOL

1) The pound is actually down about 7% since Jan. 1

2) It was higher that than it had been in most of 2012

3) The has been accused of intentionally devaluing the pound to improve the balance of trade.

The pound is actually down about 7% since Jan. 1

// end Colby

FROM FEB 2012 to FEB 2013 POUND vs $$ Dollar greater than 10 % down GAAL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

thinkprogress

How Austerity Stifled The British Economy (And The Rest Of Europe) In Three Charts

By Pat Garofalo on Feb 25, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Last week, the United Kingdom received its first ever credit downgrade, as continued austerity has dragged down the country’s economic growth. Britain’s conservative government, however, is forging ahead. Finance Minister George Osborne yesterday called for the UK to “stick to its course.”

The UK, though, is a prime example for why austerity should be avoided in a weak economy. As this chart from Reuters’ shows, the U.S., which embraced stimulus after the 2008 financial crisis, is in much better shape than the European countries that went for austerity:

reuterseuroausterity.jpg

As this chart shows, the UK has not at all lived up to the projections for economic growth that were made in 2010:

UKprojectedecon.jpg

Austerity has actually had the opposite of its intended effect in the UK, killing growth while not bringing down debt. And that’s held true across Europe, as this chart from economists Paul De Grauwe and Yuemei Ji shows:

austeritydebt.png

Edited by Steven Gaal

The pound is actually down about 7% since Jan. 1

// end Colby

FROM FEB 2012 to FEB 2013 POUND vs $$ Dollar greater than 10 % down GAAL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

thinkprogress

How Austerity Stifled The British Economy (And The Rest Of Europe) In Three Charts

By Pat Garofalo on Feb 25, 2013 at 1:10 pm

[...]

According to your own link the exchange rate on Jan. 1 was 1.62343 and on Feb. 25 was 1.51429 a reduction of 6.7228% not “over 10 %”, as I've noted several times “math is your forte”. If you can't even handle basic division how can you expect to understand high finance?

As for the rest I agree the UK and the rest of Europe probably should have opted for stimulus but the former is doing about the same as the latter the notion Britain is any closer to collapse than when LaDouche made his prediction is unsupported by the facts.