The Education Forum

Here are some good JFK assassination books to read

Guest Robert Morrow

for sale AU$350.00, PM me

How Kennedy Was Killed - The Full Unbelievable Story As It Has Never Before Been Told
by Joachim Joesten
A Tandem-Dawney Special, 1968.

51h9QkaQpML._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for sale AU$350.00, PM me

How Kennedy Was Killed - The Full Unbelievable Story As It Has Never Before Been Told

by Joachim Joesten

A Tandem-Dawney Special, 1968.

Wow, JD, that's a collector's item.

Lucky for me that the University of Texas has a copy, and I read it with interest years ago.

As I recall, Joachim Joesten also tells a version of the JFK murder that involves the Dallas right-wing -- but at a lower level. But so what; even Oliver Stone's JFK (1991) involves the Dallas right-wing at a lower level.

I mean, who doesn't?

No, JD, but the key similarity between my theory and the theory of Will Fritz (2002) is that the Dallas right-wing created, developed, led and executed the JFK murder. (Walker never expected Hoover's Lone-Nut Cover-up.)

The key difference between Will Fritz and myself seems to be that Will Fritz believes that Dealey Plaza was carefully planned to "miss" JFK, as a simple warning to Washington DC.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Well, Robert, I always believed in Dallas Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig.

Not the point you were making, I know, but do you have a view on what Roger Craig said about being present when a gun found in the TSBD was a "Mauser 7.65"?

e.g. here:

(I should add that Robert Prudhomme in this forum on another thread has said that Mauser never stamped the calibre on their guns, or at least this model of their guns. He produced an example photo of one to demonstrate this. It bore the legend "Mauser Modelo Argentino". Robert said that this so called "Argentine Mauser" (made in Germany) was the only type of Mauser to have 7.65 calibre. (The others were 7mm or 7.92 (sometimes referred to as 8mm)). Now if Weitzman was as knowledgeable about guns as Craig thought, he may have inferred the calibre from the "Mauser Modelo Argentino" legend and Craig simply mis-remembered this as his having read it off the stamp.

Well, Robert, I always believed in Dallas Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig.

Not the point you were making, I know, but do you have a view on what Roger Craig said about being present when a gun found in the TSBD was a "Mauser 7.65"?

e.g. here: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WQr4y1j4Gw]

(I should add that Robert Prudhomme in this forum on another thread has said that Mauser never stamped the calibre on their guns, or at least this model of their guns. He produced an example photo of one to demonstrate this. It bore the legend "Mauser Modelo Argentino". Robert said that this so called "Argentine Mauser" (made in Germany) was the only type of Mauser to have 7.65 calibre. (The others were 7mm or 7.92 (sometimes referred to as 8mm)). Now if Weitzman was as knowledgeable about guns as Craig thought, he may have inferred the calibre from the "Mauser Modelo Argentino" legend and Craig simply mis-remembered this as his having read it off the stamp.

Well, Mike, I will continue to believe Dallas Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig when he says that the first rifle found and reported by Will Fritz and the Dallas Homicide Bureau at 1:22pm 11/22/1963 on the 6th floor of the TSBD building, was a "7.65 Mauser."

I find no solid reason to believe that Roger Craig was lying. Roger Craig said plainly, openly, in simple terms, that he was standing only a few feet from the rifle when he was being shown to the officials gathered around, and he saw with his own eyes, stamped upon the barrel of the rifle, "7.65 Mauser".

Now -- this source you cite, Robert Prudhomme, has claimed that there never was any such version of a Mauser that was stamped with the term, "7.65 Mauser."

That is a direct contradiction to Roger Craig. It plainly accuses Roger Craig of lying quite deliberately and openly.

Yet, before I would believe such a detractor, I would first like to see the hard evidence. Does Robert Prudhomme have a full list of Mauser rifles available in 1963, for us to view all the barrels?

I sort of doubt it, because as I recall I once saw a rifle with the term, "7.65 Mauser," stamped right on it.

I might be wrong -- but I want to see some harder evidence.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Hello Francois,

No wonder you think the way you do.

Dale Myer's book came out at the same time I was asked to make a presentation to a college criminal justice class that went to Dallas for an anniversary of the assassination to view the crime scenes first hand. When shown a copy of the book, and asked my opinion, I opened the book to the part where he writes about Wes Wise and the Carl Mather/Collins Radio connection, which Myers' mearly dismisses as a coincidence. When the class got to Dallas, I arranged for Wes Wise to give them a bus tour of assassination sites and tell them his story first hand, as opposed to reading Myers' or the HSCA versions. Myers was signing copies of his book in the book (sic) store, and I asked him about the Wise Allegation that he dismissed, and showed him the real story that Tony Summers' mentions in the notes to his book NIYL, which at least called attention to the still uninvestigated leads it presents. Myers book is intentionally misleading, not only in regards to the Wise Allegation, but also in regards to Tippitt himself, his relationship with his girlfriends, his job at the BarBQ that was owned by a JBSer and the DPD. If Myers book is your only source for the Tippit murder you have been badly misled.

In looking over your list, I believe they all are under the misimpression that Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK because he was crazy or what's the motive again?

And Francois, if you've read all of those good book, then certainly you or someone among you list can tell us when Lee Harvey Oswald decided to kill the President, can't you?

Now if only I can get any one of these people or anyone who actually believes what they say to enter the debate - JFK Assassination Coincidence or Conspiracy? - But I don't believe anyone who thinks it was a coincidence is up to the challenge.

Bill Kelly

Here is the list of my 10 favorite books on the Kennedy assassination:

1. Dale Myers, With malice : Lee Harvey Oswald and the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit, Oak Cliff Press, 1998

2. Gerald Posner, Case closed, Anchor Books, Doubleday, 1993

3. Jim Moore, Conspiracy of one, The Summit group, 1992

4. Vincent Bugliosi, Reclaiming history, Norton, 2007

5. Larry Sturdivan, JFK myths : a scientific investgation of the Kennedy assassination, Paragon House, 2005

6. Larry Sneed, No more silence, University of North Texas Press, 1998

7. Mel Ayton, The JFK assassination – dispelling the myths, Woodfield Publishing, 2002

8. Hugh Aynesworth, JFK : breaking the news, International Focus press, 2003

9. David W. Belin, Final disclosure, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1988

10. Cathy Trost & Susan Bennett, President Kennedy has been shot, Newseum, 2003

Actually, to me Dale Myers's book is the best, but I'm not sure about which order I should sort the nine others out.

I do think that by reading those 10 books one can reach the proper conclusion, get rid of farfetched theories, and safely and seriously claim to know exactly what happened in Dealey Plaza.

Anyway, I have a question for James DiEugenio. You have included the book "Reasonable Doubt" by Henry Hurt, in your list. Then, let me ask, what do you think of the chapter titled "The Confession of Robert Easterling" ? Do you believe his story ? Just a question.

/F.C./

really, this post doesn't require much of a response, letting it speak for itself, and all that...

curious that Oglesby is so glaringly absent from these lists...

curious that Oglesby is so glaringly absent from these lists...

I think Carl Oglesby is great. His book, The Yankee and Cowboy War (1977) correctly focused on Dallas politics as the central site of the JFK murder plot, with all the rational motives.

But to the point of my initial post, Glenn -- I gather that you've never read (or even seen) this book by "Will Fritz," namely, The Kennedy Mutiny. Am I right? I never heard of it until last week.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo