The Education Forum

Timing of the assassination

Hi David,

You wrote, "It has been posited that the Belknap incident occurred ahead of schedule, timed wrongly to coincide with the motorcade's expected entrance into Dealey, which was delayed."

Then perhaps the questions could be asked, "Was the 'delay' of the motorcade a result of the Jerry B Belknap incident? Was the motorcade under the direction of those committed to the Elm Street ambush?"

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be. However, Kennedy slowed the motorcade more than once by exiting the limo to commune with the sidewalk crowd, including a gaggle of nuns in one location.

In your researches, don't forget also the man or youth subdued in the street by SS for running up to the limo with a message for JFK.

Edited by David Andrews

• 3 weeks later...

David/Tom:

There are many vignettes and incidents associated with the ambush and murder that draw one to the JFK story. However, none is so fascinating for me as the Belknap "seizure". Its timing and location are mighty suspicious. The ride in the ambulance to Parkland, and the lack of subsequent medical record, are intriguing.

I've often thought (pure speculation) that it was intended as a diversion, drawing attention away from shooters (and others) and allowing them to get into place. Just as the alleged shooting from and activities at the TSBD are a diversion. It also serves as a signal of sorts ... letting the ambush teams know that's its almost time (i.e. a two-minute warning). Since many view the ambush as the act of experts - who were masters of such scenes (akin to magic with sleight of hand and sensory diversion) - I'm inclined to see Belknap as part of the plot. By taking him to Parkland, it perhaps alerted those who would be stationed and positioned at the hospital (as contingencies); somehow, it seems associated with clearing a path to the hospital.

Was there not a story where the ambulance ride to Parkland was timed by the driver previously? I wonder what would be critical (to someone) about how long that ride takes? Belknap is germane to this thread, as it is somehow establishes the timing for events that follow. I've often wondered about what became of Jerry Belknap ... who he was, and how he fared. Not sure there's been much written about him. The seizure incident resonates strongly to me as no coincidence.

Gene

Hi Gene,

It seems far more reasonable to me that if Jerry Belknap was in any way intentionally involved in the events of the 22nd, that he was part of a team attempting to prevent the assassination by diverting the motorcade away from the TSBD.

You took part in this thread several years ago: The Epileptic Seizure.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11705&hl=%20jerry%20%20belknap&page=4

Have you learned anything new?

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Tom:

Thanks for your response. Your work is fascinating, if not difficult to follow. I am not knowledgeable in decoding ciphers. It would seem that in using encryption, the challenge is to pass on the decoding mechanism or key to the intended recipient in a way in which it cannot be intercepted. Perhaps they were trying to protect themselves while reaching out to other unknown (but 'friendly') entities.

Reading some of your work with "ICO", they used anagrams where the order of letters was rearranged to form a new word or phrase. They hid the message in plain sight, while being unlikely to be recognized as a code. I wonder who the message was intended for? You posit that one anagram was a metaphoric connection to Tracy Barnes, as a CIA confidante of Richard Nagell. Were they trying to alert the rest of the intelligence world?

Cryptanalysis is the province of intelligence organizations (e.g. the NSA). So I'd think the message was intended for intelligence authorities... rather than posterity. It seems the "ICO" is a transposition cipher. If there were over 200 coded anagrams, one would think these "messages" would have been indeed recognized by knowledgeable persons (either in real time, or in subsequent years). They relate (literally) to many "cryptic" pieces of evidence such as the the Historic Diary, the Hidell alias, the backyard photos, the Odio incident, and the mail order revolver. The encrypted puzzle on the Undelivered Package was examined by the FBI; its strange that the Bureau (who had cryptologists) would not recognize the code hidden in plain sight. The fictitious Nassaus is not a word (nor a street name) but anagrams to “assassinate” and Guy Banister. No wonder Oswald was reaching out to John Hurt while briefly incarcerated. It's also quite curious that this Code clue has never surfaced publically - or been solved - before your threads.

Do you have a view on the comments by driver Aubrey Rike who mentioned that the O'Neal ambulance switchboard had received a number of calls for ambulances to respond to bogus emergencies in various places around downtown Dallas in the days leading up to President Kennedy's visit? He suggested that the purpose of these calls may have been to determine the ambulance response times to various locations. Is there a clue as to this in the anagrams and ciphers? Since DPD Officer Smith is who responded to the incident and called for the ambulance, perhaps they (i.e. "ICO") wanted to ensure there would be enough time dispatch the ambulance to TSBD ... prior to the motorcade approaching Elm and Houston.

In summary, I find the Belknap incident fascinating, and am strongly drawn to it as symbolic. I wonder why Jerry and his friend were left alive in the years that follow. I'd think they would be very dangerous to the plotters and ground crew. I'm now curious about the person you call "Gabby" who is still alive. Also, would you care to share some of your background? You seem quite proficient at cryptanalysis.

Gene

Tom:

I got caught up in studying your Oswald Code discussion and lost track of the question which you posed. To answer your question, I have not learned anything additional about Belknap (until your Oswald Code work) since that thread almost seven years ago. I was hoping that someone had more detailed information, or a picture. I also hoped that someone would share the same resonance that I have for the seizure incident.

I would also think that this Code aspect - which ties many seemingly unrelated suspects of the JFK story together (Nagell, New Orleans, Phillips, Barnes, Vaganov) - would answer Jon Tidd's question as to whether Oswald was an intelligence agent.

Gene

David/Tom:

There are many vignettes and incidents associated with the ambush and murder that draw one to the JFK story. However, none is so fascinating for me as the Belknap "seizure". Its timing and location are mighty suspicious. The ride in the ambulance to Parkland, and the lack of subsequent medical record, are intriguing.

I've often thought (pure speculation) that it was intended as a diversion, drawing attention away from shooters (and others) and allowing them to get into place. Just as the alleged shooting from and activities at the TSBD are a diversion. It also serves as a signal of sorts ... letting the ambush teams know that's its almost time (i.e. a two-minute warning). Since many view the ambush as the act of experts - who were masters of such scenes (akin to magic with sleight of hand and sensory diversion) - I'm inclined to see Belknap as part of the plot. By taking him to Parkland, it perhaps alerted those who would be stationed and positioned at the hospital (as contingencies); somehow, it seems associated with clearing a path to the hospital.

Was there not a story where the ambulance ride to Parkland was timed by the driver previously? I wonder what would be critical (to someone) about how long that ride takes? Belknap is germane to this thread, as it is somehow establishes the timing for events that follow. I've often wondered about what became of Jerry Belknap ... who he was, and how he fared. Not sure there's been much written about him. The seizure incident resonates strongly to me as no coincidence.

Gene

Good Day Gene .... From my "Men of Courage" homepages website, page 6, with respect to the 22NOV63 timing of the emergency response ambulance into and out of Dealey Plaza to help the man who exhibited the seizures near the southwest corner of Houston and Elm streets....
Mr. AUBREY "Al" LEE RIKE (born 1937, passed-on 2010) was a Dallas ambulance driver who was summoned to Dealey Plaza 11-22-63 to transport a man (said to be JERRY BOYD BELKNAP: born 1940, passed-on 1985) who had publicly exhibited seizures near the Houston and Elm streets intersection southwest corner, across the intersection, oppositely away from the Texas School Book Depository and Dal-Tex buildings. That man's seizures started minutes before the President was scheduled to enter the kill zone.

In 1992 Mr. RIKE spoke at the "Assassination Symposium about Kennedy" (A.S.K.) and detailed that he knew of, at least, 8 phony telephone calls that had each requested an ambulance go to Dealey Plaza in the 3 weeks leading up to the assassination…… RIKE suggested that the phony telephone calls were made with the deliberate purposes to determine exactly how much time it took an ambulance to reach Dealey Plaza after being called...... RIKE further strongly suggested that another purpose of the phony calls was to try to time the assassination shots to occur simultaneously as when the loud siren of his ambulance was still within hearing distance of Dealey Plaza, so to try and confuse witnesses and/or drown out the assassination shots noises. (RIKE's ambulance departed Dealey Plaza at 12:22 to 12:23 PM, and the Dallas newspapers had printed that President KENNEDY would enter the plaza at 12:25 PM)

AUBREY “Al” RIKE is the author of “At the Door of Memory.” He also helped prepare President KENNEDY’s body then helped place it into a bronze casket in Trauma Room # 1 at Parkland Hospital. . . . Soon Mr. RIKE was also personally caught right in the middle of the 11-22-63 cursing, shoving, then quickly-escalating into physical fights that lasted 10 to 15 minutes for the control of the President’s body that took place at Parkland hospital between the weapons-drawn and aiming Secret Service Agents and Parkland officials when the Dallas County Coroner, Dr. EARL ROSE, and other officials were demanding their legal rights to perform President KENNEDY’s autopsy protocol in Dallas County where the murder had been perpetrated. At the pointing of their guns, the Secret Service then quickly whisked JFK's body out of the control of the very experienced Dallas County Coroner, and then quickly took JFK back to Air Force One.

Best Regards in Research,

+ ++Don

Donald Roberdeau

United States Navy

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website: "Men of Courage": JFK-elimination Evidence,

Witnesses,
Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Key Considerations....

The Dealey Plaza Detailed Map: Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +

Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses Locations, Photographers, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in
One Convenient Resource....
(updated map, + new information)

Visual Report: The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Still Hidden

Under the "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report: Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....

Discovery: Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS

Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Head Snap: West, Ultrafast, and Directly

Towards the Grassy Knoll ....

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

For the United States:

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Hi Gene,

Needless to say, I think your interest, and other researcher’s interest, in Jerry Belknap’s activities on the 22nd is important. The Presidential motorcade was due to pass the TSBD at very close to the time that Jerry and his ambulance were blocking progress down Elm Street. An interesting coincidence, if that is what it was. But even though the motorcade was running late, the Presidential motorcade stopped twice; once for the President to shake some hands, and once for the President to get out and interact with a nun with some children. This interesting coincidence, if that is what it was, seemingly prevented the motorcade from altering its planned route down Elm Street.

Someone had apparently turned in some false alarms just prior to the assassination. Some suspect that the response time of the ambulance was being ascertained by that someone.

Many people must have witnessed Jerry’s event. What did the witnesses have to say about it? Who were those witnesses? Did Jerry appear to be alone? Was anybody aiding him in any way? How long was it between the time he fell to the pavement and the ambulance took him away. What about Jerry’s personal life? Who were his friends?

As far as I can tell, we know very little about the questions I have asked above.

He was 23 years old and worked part time in the mail room at Dallas Morning News. He wore Olive Drabs that day. He said he had a head injury from a car accident and forgot to take his meds. The Hospital was busy with Kennedy shortly after Jerry arrived, and feeling better, he left. He came back to the hospital a day or two later and paid the $12.50 ambulance fee. Jerry Belknap died in 1986.

I have only run across one photo of Jerry on line; his high school graduation picture. If there are any others out there, I would like to see them.

Jerry has at least one living relative that I know of; a sister named Janice Odom. She had a distinguished career at the University of Texas at Austin and I believe is recently retired. Her Husband’s name is Jim and they have a son.

I may have missed something, but that’s about all I think I know from extant research.

I have my own opinions about who Jerry Belknap was and what he was doing that day. I will try to keep those opinions and my research that fostered those opinions confined to The Oswald Code thread.

But Gene, I would be happy to see you and others beat this topic to death, and I will be happy to join in if and when I have something to contribute. Although Jerry and the events surrounding a possible delay in the motorcade seems to be on topic for this thread, there are at least three other threads on this forum that could be revived.

Tom

Don and Tom:

Thank you for your responses.

Tom:

I am interested in why you call Jerry's friend "Gabby" and how you know about him (from the Code, I presume). I have no more input to add on Belknap, other than he is an interesting anecdote. I would not characterize the questions as beating it to death ... it seems little is known about his role (if any) that day, or what became of him in the years that followed. While i think the "timing" thread is important, the Belknap seizure incident is of far more interest to me. Your work on the Code is fascinating, and new information for me. You have indicated that his colleague "Gabby" is still alive... that is a tantalizing fact that I'd love to know more about. I will follow your storyline on the Oswald Code thread.

Gene

Hi Gene,

Needless to say, I think your interest, and other researcher’s interest, in Jerry Belknap’s activities on the 22nd is important. The Presidential motorcade was due to pass the TSBD at very close to the time that Jerry and his ambulance were blocking progress down Elm Street. An interesting coincidence, if that is what it was. But even though the motorcade was running late, the Presidential motorcade stopped twice; once for the President to shake some hands, and once for the President to get out and interact with a nun with some children. This interesting coincidence, if that is what it was, seemingly prevented the motorcade from altering its planned route down Elm Street.

Someone had apparently turned in some false alarms just prior to the assassination. Some suspect that the response time of the ambulance was being ascertained by that someone.

Many people must have witnessed Jerry’s event. What did the witnesses have to say about it? Who were those witnesses? Did Jerry appear to be alone? Was anybody aiding him in any way? How long was it between the time he fell to the pavement and the ambulance took him away. What about Jerry’s personal life? Who were his friends?

As far as I can tell, we know very little about the questions I have asked above.

He was 23 years old and worked part time in the mail room at Dallas Morning News. He wore Olive Drabs that day. He said he had a head injury from a car accident and forgot to take his meds. The Hospital was busy with Kennedy shortly after Jerry arrived, and feeling better, he left. He came back to the hospital a day or two later and paid the $12.50 ambulance fee. Jerry Belknap died in 1986.

I have only run across one photo of Jerry on line; his high school graduation picture. If there are any others out there, I would like to see them.

Jerry has at least one living relative that I know of; a sister named Janice Odom. She had a distinguished career at the University of Texas at Austin and I believe is recently retired. Her Husband’s name is Jim and they have a son.

I may have missed something, but that’s about all I think I know from extant research.

I have my own opinions about who Jerry Belknap was and what he was doing that day. I will try to keep those opinions and my research that fostered those opinions confined to The Oswald Code thread.

But Gene, I would be happy to see you and others beat this topic to death, and I will be happy to join in if and when I have something to contribute. Although Jerry and the events surrounding a possible delay in the motorcade seems to be on topic for this thread, there are at least three other threads on this forum that could be revived.

Tom

Tom,

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/rangerexes/1959j.htm

Mr. ROWLAND - That is a whopper.

I am almost sure I told her or asked her, did she want to see a Secret Service agent. She said, "Where," and I said, "In the building there," and at that time she told me to look--I remember what she was looking at. Right directly across from us in this plaza in front of the pond there was a colored boy that had an epileptic fit or something of this type right then, and she pointed this out to me and there were a couple of officers there and a few moments later they called an ambulance, this is what she told me to look at then, and we looked at this for a short period of time, and then I told her to look in the building, the second floor from the top and on that end, the two open windows, is I think what 1 said, and I said, "He is not there now."

I think that is what I said. She said, "What did he look like," and I told her just that--I gave her more or less a brief description of what he looked like, open collared shirt, light-colored shirt, and he had a rifle, I described the rifle in as much detail as I have to you to her.

The photo does not appear to depict an African-American.

chris

Hi Gene,

Tom

Tom,

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/rangerexes/1959j.htm

I am almost sure I told her or asked her, did she want to see a Secret Service agent. She said, "Where," and I said, "In the building there," and at that time she told me to look--I remember what she was looking at. Right directly across from us in this plaza in front of the pond there was a colored boy that had an epileptic fit or something of this type right then, and she pointed this out to me and there were a couple of officers there and a few moments later they called an ambulance, this is what she told me to look at then, and we looked at this for a short period of time, and then I told her to look in the building, the second floor from the top and on that end, the two open windows, is I think what 1 said, and I said, "He is not there now."

I think that is what I said. She said, "What did he look like," and I told her just that--I gave her more or less a brief description of what he looked like, open collared shirt, light-colored shirt, and he had a rifle, I described the rifle in as much detail as I have to you to her.

chris

Chris,

Rowland doesn't say that the guy in the window with a rifle was an African American. He says that the guy who had an epileptic fit was an African American.

Respectfully,

--Tommy :sun

BTW, I think that Rowland is a very credible witness.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas,

I didn't mention anything/has nothing to do with someone in the window.

He describes an african-american as the person who has the seizure on the street.

Why would I believe that Belknap was that person? Belknap is white.

I think Rowland is very credible also.

chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the photo of Mr. Belknap (I could not seem to locate it yesterday) and thanks for the Mr. Rowland quote; I had not seen that before. An African-American reported as having a seizure is certainly a new wrinkle in the Belknap story for me.

Hi Gene,

Perhaps "beat it to death" was a poor choice of words. What I meant was, for those interested in Jerry's event, and the possible causes and effects of it, to dig out every last piece of information available and to discuss it fully.

I have not been posting much recently on The Oswald Code thread. One reason is that I get almost no feedback and I take that to mean very little interest. Another reason I have not been posting is that the fellow I refer to as "Gabby", while not ubiquitous in the coded puzzles, is certainly an important member of "ICO" and I do not feel comfortable posting essential puzzle parts that include clues to his possible identity.

The person I call "Gabby" is still alive, as far as I know, and he is not a public figure. Although I do not think so, there is also a real possibility that I may be wrong about his identity. Even though Jerry and Gabby are unsung heros in my hypothesis, their lives must have been lived with a dark cloud hanging overhead if my "ICO" hypothesis is correct.

In my opinion, "Gabby" needs to be interviewed by a competent researcher and I have told two such researchers who I believe him to be. Since I'm not what one would call a competent researcher, nor am I in a position to travel half-way across the country, I would also share this with, say, Greg Burnham, John Simkin, Bill Simpich, Larry Hancock, Don Jeffries, Douglas Caddy, David Josephs, Gary Murr, and a half-dozen other researchers I can think of on this forum. But I will not bandy "Gabby's" possible real name about.

That's enough Oswald Code stuff for this thread - my hypothesis comes "out of left field" for most, and my posts tend to be thread killes.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Thomas,

I didn't mention anything/has nothing to do with someone in the window.

He describes an african-american as the person who has the seizure on the street.

Why would I believe that Belknap was that person? Belknap is white.

I think Rowland is very credible also.

chris

Dear Chris,

What was the point you were trying to make in post # 72 ? (see below)

Tom [Hume],

http://www.angelfire...rexes/1959j.htm

chris

Respectfully,

--Tommy :sun