The Education Forum

Larry Howard & "Tex"

How can they not tell where he was born and how he got the name Tex?

If he was born in 1945 he would have been 18 in '63, right? And this bio says he was in S. Calf. at the time. But there's no military background.

Different guy.

http://en.wikipedia....22Tex%22_Watson

Watson's family was strict and religious.[citation needed] His mother was a domineering presence in the home and in her son's life.[citation needed] He was a model child who did well in school, was a star football player and was popular among his peers.

Watson briefly attended college after graduating from high school. This was his first time away from home and the controls of his family. He began to use drugs and lost interest in school. He briefly held a job as a baggage handler for Braniff International Airways, which afforded him travel opportunities. After visiting a friend in California, he decided to move there. He again briefly attended college and worked at a wig shop. He soon dropped out of college and opened his own wig business, which quickly failed. During this time, he also became more involved with drugs as a user and dealer.[citation needed] One night, Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys, picked up Watson, who was hitchhiking. Wilson invited him back to his home, where Watson met Charles Manson.

Manson family Murders

Charles Denton Watson aka

Charles Tex Watson. aka Tex Watson.

born December 2, 1945 in Dallas, Texas

He was convicted of the murders of

Abagail Folger

Wojiech Frykowski

Steven Parent

Jay Sebring

Sharon Tate on August 8, 1969

and the murders of Leno & Rosemary LaBianca

on August 9, 1969

Stories in the Dallas Morning News, regarding the Texas link to the Tate-Labianca murders

appear sparse at first glance, but this blurb is just a cursory look.

December 13, 1969 Chastened Attorneys Denied Right to See Watson

A 10-day legal struggle ended here Friday night when Dist Judge David Brown

denied two California attorneys permission to see accused slayer Charles Watson

in his Collin County jail cell..........

A five or six year age difference between Oswald and Tex Watson seems to make the idea

of Tex being Harvey a little bit of a slippery slope.

Robert

Edited by Robert Howard

Bill,

Tex reportedly was a hitman and described as a white male, late 20's, 5'6" to 5' 9", slender build, 135 pounds, with former military service and a rotten disposition.

If you subscribe to the theory of John Armstrong's "Harvey and Lee", follow the dispositions of the two men. One is described as sweet an caring. The other has a "rotten disposition".

Steve Thomas

Bill - thanks for replying.

I'm a believer in following Richard C. Nagell's intimations - I think that, for his own protection, he concealed things, and suddenly dropped threads that he himself raised, but I don't think he invented any of his revelations.

So when I see Larry Howard and Oswald remembered by GPH as, oh, off the top of GPH's head, likely to be involved with investigations of alcohol and firearms violations, I remember Nagell referring to a Klein's Sporting Goods investigation that Nagell suggested was related to the rifle purchase.

I have to dig into Dick Russell's book and see if I can make better connections from what Nagell did say and post them. Others interested in Howard-Oswald might want to do the same.

Edited by David Andrews

HEMMING 1995:

Well that just tells me HOWARD probably recruited OSWALD. He had a habit of doing that, he was trying to set up his own organization. Which he did with Hall, when Hall showed up he recruited Hall. When these people go home they're working for whoever they're working for. HOWARD was not setting OSWALD up, he was finding out where he was coming from. The guy shows up on the scene and you're working as an informant for Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms or anybody else you're expected to fill out a goddamn index card on who this sucker is, try to get a copy of his prints and everything else.

Since GPH nrings up this agency - or this set of law enforcement areas - in word-association when considering Oswald, let me try something less subconscious:

Alcohol gives Oswald an entree to spook Richard Case Nagell, whose cover job was once as a California alcohol violations officer.

Firearms The Klein's Sporting Goods investigation, which Nagell intimated that he had been a part of.

Nagell may have been filling out file cards on Oswald in these areas as well. But which Oswald?

Harry - if you're thinking of Bugliosi's Charles "Tex" Watson, he would have been in his early high school years in 1963, yes? If there's another Tex in Helter Skelter (or somebody pretending to be Tex Watson) - I've forgotten it, sorry. If I'm missing something, I'd like to check it out.

Yes, there are many government subagencies out there besides the big boys - FBI, SS, CIA, DIA, Army, USMC, ONI and State and the smaller ones we know of - California Alochol (Nagell), Immigration and Naturlizaton (Border Patrol/Customs), the Post Office (Holmes), Firearms (Mason), Dodd Committee (Congress), Texas Rangers, Dallas Sheriff (Decker), Dallas County (DAWade), State Citizens Councils, Texas Fish & Game (TSBD), as well as their little front orgs like FPCC, JBS, KKK, DRE, A66, OP40, Red Cross (Paley), CUSA (Schmidt), and Tolstoy Foundation (Bouhe/Raoridsky), each keeping its own set of files.

Bannister's files have an interesting history, and we know how E. Howard Hunt set up the Mexico City CIA files (as maintained by Scott), and as they testified to before the Warren Commission, when Oswald first returned from USSR, he was met by Traveler's Aid, who I just learned was an organization that included Mrs. Charles Cabel on their board, and were first adopted by George Bouhe and Paul Raorodsky, who were indentifed during their Warren Commission testimony as the treasurer who took care of the money and "kept the files on the newcomers" to their little nework that was financed by the Tolstoy Foundation (CIA) and fell under the umbrella of their parish of the Russian Orthodox Church (Catherwood Fund).

It seems like each of these organizatoins had files on Oswald and his wife, some rather lengthly ones, though what was in them and how much they shared has never been determined.

We also know pretty much how the files were kept, beginning with a name or subject on an index car, and a file begun if it appears twice, and a 201 file if the subject is considered a player. And if there's an incident requiring reports to be filed or newspaper clips, a chronological file is also begun.

We do have some of Bannister's index cards, and the JFK Act sprung some index cards and files (Oswald's post assassination 201 file is 20 some volumes), but JPH's description of how a file is begun on a new person who enters the scene or player who enters the game, is the way all of these orgs operated and maintained intelligence files, both before and after the assassintion.

And although most of those files were deliberatly kept from inclusion in the JFK Assassination Records Collection at the NARA, manyof them are still out there, and from them, and living witnesses, we should be able to figure out who "Tex" was.

Of course it appears there are two guys in the game named "Tex," one who is over 6' 2" and appeared in anti-Castro Cuban circles in Florida, and the guy who showed up in Southern California and mingled with Hall, Howard, Hemming, Harry and friends, and who dry fired rifles and won bar bets by rappelling down elevator shafts. There's no way this guy didn't make it into the subversives files or wasn't positively identified by somebody.

But besides the "Tex" in Southern California - the one we're most interested in, and the tall one who was in Florida, and Charlie Manson's pal, there must be hundreds of guys nicknamed "Tex" out there, or if I was from Texas I'd say there's a million of them. Whenever anybody from Texas enteres a new group he's automatically nicknamed "Tex," but our "Tex" is not only from Texas, but is also ex-military, and was mixed up with Hall and Seymore, two guys who are named in the Warren Report. Just because they didn't bother to identify him doesn't mean that we can't.

Harry, how tall was your "Tex,"

And did you get his fingerprints like GPH says?

No? You're slouching Harry.

But if the "Tex" from Manson murder checks out you get a few Brownie Points and a feather for your cap.

BK

Bill

As previously mentioned I never knew Hemming,and was not at Gabaldon's

El Monte residence when medical supplies were picked up, so did not

meet "Tex".

Fearing discovery and possible legal problems having the med-supplies

in my garage for several weeks I told Gabaldon they had to be moved,

he had me deliver them from La Puente to his El Monte residence, they

along with some weapons he and I gathered went with the load to Florida.

It must be remembered we all met or worked together at specific times,

making phone contacts, and were not hanging-out as a suspicious group.

Has the decision been made re; if there is or not a connection with

The Bugliosi Tex and the Tex I did not meet? Thanks.

Harry

HEMMING 1995:

Well that just tells me HOWARD probably recruited OSWALD. He had a habit of doing that, he was trying to set up his own organization. Which he did with Hall, when Hall showed up he recruited Hall. When these people go home they're working for whoever they're working for. HOWARD was not setting OSWALD up, he was finding out where he was coming from. The guy shows up on the scene and you're working as an informant for Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms or anybody else you're expected to fill out a goddamn index card on who this sucker is, try to get a copy of his prints and everything else.

Since GPH nrings up this agency - or this set of law enforcement areas - in word-association when considering Oswald, let me try something less subconscious:

Alcohol gives Oswald an entree to spook Richard Case Nagell, whose cover job was once as a California alcohol violations officer.

Firearms The Klein's Sporting Goods investigation, which Nagell intimated that he had been a part of.

Nagell may have been filling out file cards on Oswald in these areas as well. But which Oswald?

Harry - if you're thinking of Bugliosi's Charles "Tex" Watson, he would have been in his early high school years in 1963, yes? If there's another Tex in Helter Skelter (or somebody pretending to be Tex Watson) - I've forgotten it, sorry. If I'm missing something, I'd like to check it out.

Yes, there are many government subagencies out there besides the big boys - FBI, SS, CIA, DIA, Army, USMC, ONI and State and the smaller ones we know of - California Alochol (Nagell), Immigration and Naturlizaton (Border Patrol/Customs), the Post Office (Holmes), Firearms (Mason), Dodd Committee (Congress), Texas Rangers, Dallas Sheriff (Decker), Dallas County (DAWade), State Citizens Councils, Texas Fish & Game (TSBD), as well as their little front orgs like FPCC, JBS, KKK, DRE, A66, OP40, Red Cross (Paley), CUSA (Schmidt), and Tolstoy Foundation (Bouhe/Raoridsky), each keeping its own set of files.

Bannister's files have an interesting history, and we know how E. Howard Hunt set up the Mexico City CIA files (as maintained by Scott), and as they testified to before the Warren Commission, when Oswald first returned from USSR, he was met by Traveler's Aid, who I just learned was an organization that included Mrs. Charles Cabel on their board, and were first adopted by George Bouhe and Paul Raorodsky, who were indentifed during their Warren Commission testimony as the treasurer who took care of the money and "kept the files on the newcomers" to their little nework that was financed by the Tolstoy Foundation (CIA) and fell under the umbrella of their parish of the Russian Orthodox Church (Catherwood Fund).

It seems like each of these organizatoins had files on Oswald and his wife, some rather lengthly ones, though what was in them and how much they shared has never been determined.

We also know pretty much how the files were kept, beginning with a name or subject on an index car, and a file begun if it appears twice, and a 201 file if the subject is considered a player. And if there's an incident requiring reports to be filed or newspaper clips, a chronological file is also begun.

We do have some of Bannister's index cards, and the JFK Act sprung some index cards and files (Oswald's post assassination 201 file is 20 some volumes), but JPH's description of how a file is begun on a new person who enters the scene or player who enters the game, is the way all of these orgs operated and maintained intelligence files, both before and after the assassintion.

And although most of those files were deliberatly kept from inclusion in the JFK Assassination Records Collection at the NARA, manyof them are still out there, and from them, and living witnesses, we should be able to figure out who "Tex" was.

Of course it appears there are two guys in the game named "Tex," one who is over 6' 2" and appeared in anti-Castro Cuban circles in Florida, and the guy who showed up in Southern California and mingled with Hall, Howard, Hemming, Harry and friends, and who dry fired rifles and won bar bets by rappelling down elevator shafts. There's no way this guy didn't make it into the subversives files or wasn't positively identified by somebody.

But besides the "Tex" in Southern California - the one we're most interested in, and the tall one who was in Florida, and Charlie Manson's pal, there must be hundreds of guys nicknamed "Tex" out there, or if I was from Texas I'd say there's a million of them. Whenever anybody from Texas enteres a new group he's automatically nicknamed "Tex," but our "Tex" is not only from Texas, but is also ex-military, and was mixed up with Hall and Seymore, two guys who are named in the Warren Report. Just because they didn't bother to identify him doesn't mean that we can't.

But if the "Tex" from Manson murder checks out you get a few Brownie Points and a feather for your cap.

BK

Bill

meet "Tex".

Harry

Hi Harry,

Got it straight now.

And no, no firm determination, though it appears that the Manson Tex Watson,

though born in Dallas and in the Southern California at the time, was

too young to be the Tex mentioned in the JFK records, though they are only a

year or so off.

And the Florida Tex and California Tex are definately two different people since

their heights are vastly different.

So it looks like we are dealing with three different guys nicknamed Tex.

I knew a Tex from Dallas so there's four.

But there's still a chance that the Manson Tex is the guy, though not looking good.

And BTW, I recently found a transcript of you on a TV show, if you want it.

BK

HEMMING 1995:

BK

Bill

meet "Tex".

Harry

Hi Harry,

Got it straight now.

And no, no firm determination, though it appears that the Manson Tex Watson,

though born in Dallas and in the Southern California at the time, was

too young to be the Tex mentioned in the JFK records, though they are only a

year or so off.

And the Florida Tex and California Tex are definately two different people since

their heights are vastly different.

So it looks like we are dealing with three different guys nicknamed Tex.

I knew a Tex from Dallas so there's four.

But there's still a chance that the Manson Tex is the guy, though not looking good.

And BTW, I recently found a transcript of you on a TV show, if you want it.

BK

Bill

Since your original post it seemed a possible connection might exist. Because of

some odd circumstances and places, and my remote coincidences in both Bugliosi's

Tex and the El Monte Tex it seemed likely.? In any case your ongoing efforts can

be a great relief.

Re; transcript, I sure am very interested in getting it. Thanks much.

Harry

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...