The Education Forum

WikiLeaks

John Dolva

o recap "Obama justice": If you create an illegal worldwide torture regime, illegally spy on Americans without warrants, abduct people with no legal authority, or invade and destroy another country based on false claims, then you are fully protected.

But if you expose any of the evils secretly perpetrated as part of those lawless actions--by publishing the truth about what was done--then you are an Evil Criminal who deserves the harshest possible prosecution.''

Very succinctly put.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/24/wikileaks/index.html

I believe it is quite likely that in the past certain unknown persons among the 3,000,000 individuals authorized to read the U.S. Government cables downloaded the 250,000 cables and, in contrast to what Assange and WikiLeaks have done in placing these in the public arena, instead secretly sold the complete file to the Russian government and also to the Chinese government (and perhaps other governments/entities), thereby reaping vast sums of money for doing so.

I also believe that one of the purposes for incarcerating Assange in the prison in the U.K. and once there moving him to an isolated cell was clandestinely to obtain samples of his urine and feces in order to compile a DNA profile on him for the purpose of causing him an early death. He broke a tooth on the prison food and wrapped the broken fragment in tissue. This was later stolen from his cell when he was not in it. [According to one cable, Sec. of State Clinton once ordered the U.S. Ambassador to obtain a sample of the DNA of the President of Paraquay.] Today Assange voiced the fear that if he were incarcerated in the U.S. he would die "like Jack Ruby," which is to say he would be given a substance from a needle that contained a fast acting form of cancer.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesrting, Douglas, I took the statement as meaning he would be killed by someone like a JR type.

edit typo

Edited by John Dolva

Julian Assange is looking to hit pay-dirt once again as reports of a new book deal with a subsidiary of Random House are surfacing.

HOW ? ;) HOW? HOW? HOW? ;) HOW? HOW? ;) HOW? HOW? ;) HOW? HOW? HOW ? HOW ? ;) HOW? ;)

Matt Rothschild - Authors - Random House

Random House will send you an email when Matt Rothschild's next book is ...

www.randomhouse.com/author/results.pperl?authorid... - Cached - Similar

Jennifer Rothschild - Authors - Random House

Random House will send you an email when Jennifer Rothschild's next book is ...

Dumbfounded by Matt Rothschild - Trade Paperback - Random House ...

In the privileged world of old-money New York aristocracy, young Matt ...

www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn...view=print - Cached

Hide more results from randomhouse.comColonial Encounters in a Native American Landscape by Nan A ...

Written by Nan A. Rothschild · Author Alerts: Random House will alert you to new works by Nan A. Rothschild. Colonial Encounters in a Native American ...

www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?9781588341389 - Cached

Lessons I Learned in the Dark by Jennifer Rothschild - eBook ...

At the age of fifteen, Jennifer Rothschild confronted two unshakable realities: Blindness is inevitable ... and God is enough. Now this popular author, ...

www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780307564771.html - Cached

Written by Matt Rothschild · Author Alerts: Random House will alert you to new works by Matt Rothschild. Online Bookstores--Direct Links: ...

www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn...view... - Cached

Lessons I Learned in the Dark by Jennifer Rothschild - eBook ...

Written by Jennifer Rothschild · Author Alerts: Random House will alert you to new works by Jennifer Rothschild. Buying the eBook is just a click away! ...

www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn...view... - Cached

Nan A. Rothschild - Authors - Random House

Random House will send you an email when Nan A. Rothschild's next book is available. Enter your email address below to sign up. ...

www.randomhouse.com/author/results.pperl?authorid=124132 - Cached

Show all results from randomhouse.com »

Rothschild | Define Rothschild at Dictionary.com

Rothschild definition, English banker: first Jewish member of Parliament (son of Nathan ... Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010. ...

dictionary.reference.com/browse/Rothschild - Cached

Guy de Rothschild - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Whims of Fortune: The Memoirs of Guy de Rothschild by Guy de Rothschild. Random House (1985) ISBN 0-394-54054-9 / Contre bonne fortune (French) by Guy ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_de_Rothschild - Cached - Similar

Balfour Letter to Rothschild Sowed Dragon's Teeth: Lewis Lapham ...

Oct 9, 2010 ... Photographer: Steven Henderson/Random House via Bloomberg ... 2, 1917 Lord Rothschild received a letter from British Foreign Secretary ...

www.bloomberg.com/.../balfour-letter-to-rothschild-sowed-dragon-s-teeth-lewis-lapham.html - Cached

ROTHSCHILD BUILDINGS - Paperback - Books - Random House Australia

Jan 15, 2003 ... ROTHSCHILD BUILDINGS. 'Jerry White has written a moving and richly detailed history of those times and those people.

www.randomhouse.com.au/Books/ROTHSCHILD.../Paperback/ - Cached

Dumbfounded by Matt Rothschild - Excerpt

memoir, memoirs, Random House, New York City, crown publishing, old money, personal memoir, personal memoirs, dumbfounded, matt rothschild, dumbfounded, ...

www.scribd.com/doc/.../Dumbfounded-by-Matt-Rothschild-Excerpt - Cached

Paradise Lost: The Decline of the Auto-Industrial Age by Emma ...

Paradise Lost: The Decline of the Auto-Industrial Age, Unknown binding (1973) by Emma Rothschild. Random House (NY) ISBN: 0394460324. ISBN-13: 9780394460321 ...

www.alibris.com/.../Paradise%20Lost%3A%20The%20Decline%20of%20the%20Auto-... - Cached

###############################

OH YES THIS WAS JUST THE FIRST PAGE OF MORE......SG

Edited by Steven Gaal

armageddinouttaere...

so long and thanks for all the fish

armageddinouttaere...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yes as Julian Assage would say,"Ja wohl, mein Führer !!".

see http://www.henrymakow.com/stranger_than_fiction_life_of.html outta here tooooooooo

Julian Assange was born in 1971 in Townsville, Queensland, Australia.

Reportedly, Julian, together with his mother Claire and his half-brother, spent his childhood fleeing the father of Julian's half-brother.

That father was a member of a cult, called The Family, run by a Anne-Hamilton Byrne.

Anne-Hamilton Byrne ran her 'child-kidnapping cult' on the outskirts of Melbourne.

"Byrne dyed the stolen children’s hair blonde and fed them LSD." (Julian Assange of WikiLeaks: “Destroyer of Worlds)

"The San­ti­nike­tan Park Asso­ci­a­tion of Anne Hamilton-Byrne con­di­tioned chil­dren with drugs, sen­sory depri­va­tion, sleep depri­va­tion, tor­ture and rit­ual sex­ual abuse in order to pro­duce sub­jects who bent to the will of the group’s leader." (Wiki of the Damned)

"Assange claims that Aus­tralian intel­li­gence has advised him, and there is an appar­ent link between Aus­tralian intel­li­gence and the cult." (Wiki of the Damned)

Australian intelligence works closely with the CIA and Mossad.

Assange

"Among those on the receiv­ing end of the cult’s ser­vices was Lord Casey, for­mer Governor-General of Aus­tralia and the min­is­ter in charge of over­see­ing the Aus­tralian intel­li­gence ser­vice, with which Assange claims to be connected." (Wiki of the Damned)

"Another indi­ca­tion of seri­ous insti­tu­tional sup­port for the cult con­cerns the par­tic­i­pa­tion in their activ­i­ties of Ronald Con­way. One of Australia’s most promi­nent Catholic intel­lec­tu­als, Con­way appears to have engaged in molesta­tion of chil­dren placed in his care." (Wiki of the Damned)

Anne Hamilton-Byrne acquired fourteen infants and young children between about 1968 and 1975.

Assange was born in 1971. ("Village of the Damned," meet Julian Assange)

Sarah Moore, a 'daughter' of Hamilton-Byrne, was a victim of the cult.

"Unseen, Unheard, Unknown" is the book by Sarah Moore (Hamilton-Byrne).

Sarah Moore alleges that Sandoz, part of the old I.G. Far­ben complex, pro­vid­ed the cult with free LSD.

San­doz bought the fam­ily busi­ness of 'Swiss Nazi financier' Carl Lund­strom.

One of Lundstrom's endeav­ors is Pirate Bay which hosts WIKILEAKS, in Sweden.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiniketan_Park_Association

Edited by Steven Gaal

Julian Assange is looking to hit pay-dirt once again as reports of a new book deal with a subsidiary of Random House are surfacing.

HOW ? ;) HOW? HOW? HOW? ;) HOW? HOW? ;) HOW? HOW? ;) HOW? HOW? HOW ? HOW ? ;) HOW? ;)

[...]

What exactly is your point? What do the Rothschilds have to do with Wikileaks?

armageddinouttaere...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yes as Julian Assage would say,"Ja wohl, mein Führer !!".

see http://www.henrymakow.com/stranger_than_fiction_life_of.html outta here tooooooooo

Julian Assange was born in 1971 in Townsville, Queensland, Australia.

Reportedly, Julian, together with his mother Claire and his half-brother, spent his childhood fleeing the father of Julian's half-brother.

[...]

What exactly is your point? Do you even have one?

[...]

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Please see

http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?as_q=assange&num=100&hl=en&c2coff=1&safe=active&scoring=d&ie=UTF-8&ctz=300&c2coff=1&btnG=Search+Blogs&as_epq=rothschild&as_oq=&as_eq=&bl_pt=&bl_bt=&bl_url=&bl_auth=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=a&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2000&as_maxd=27&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2010&lr=&safe=active

Edited by Steven Gaal

[...]

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Please see

http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?as_q=assange&num=100&hl=en&c2coff=1&safe=active&scoring=d&ie=UTF-8&ctz=300&c2coff=1&btnG=Search+Blogs&as_epq=rothschild&as_oq=&as_eq=&bl_pt=&bl_bt=&bl_url=&bl_auth=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=a&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2000&as_maxd=27&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2010&lr=&safe=active

So a link to pages of Google results is supposed to substitute evidence. I lloked though some of them the links are quite tenuous. The law firm that represents Assange also represents a foundation dedicated to preserving an old manor whose board is dominated by members of the family. The Economist which is supposedly partially owned by the family gave him an award (so did Amnesty International and Le Monde). The next question is why exactly it would be a problem if he has tenuous links to the family? Does this have something to do with your hostility to Jews?

Interesrting, Douglas, I took the statement as meaning he would be killed by someone like a JR type.

edit typo

In this interview a retired worker on U.S. Government classified projects gives his views on a number of interesting topics, including how certain targeted persons are "terminated."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytSNQ2ogD4

Golly I gave u google cause "pal" u didnt read the thread, u DIDNT READ THREAD. Rothschild were mentioned earlier by me in in in in in in the thread . OK ??????????? Now if you read some of these links u ,yes u would know and not imply the only ROTHSCHILD connection to

Assange is the lawyer but Soros (who is IDENTIFIED as Rothschild AGENT) who gave founding money for Wikileaks project. Now to mention Rothschild is to be ANTI JEW....golly I would check your memory functioning ==cause I posted before.

I cop to being trying to be fair. Since I posted I have a big work week and I have also Thanksgiving matters. I cop to thinking you are a poor reader. I never used the term Jewish Conspiracy. Here is what I have said before. The Rothschilds work within (within ,yes within, go back and look what I posted) the frame work of Banking Interests centered in London that want a federation of central banks that dominate the worlds countries. Now amoung these interests are old monied families of Europe like the Catholic Royals of Spain and other non-Jewish Royals of Europe and many of the Protestant banking families of the Netherland and yes Jewish Banking families. The Rothchild were one of the first international then globalist banking houses. They are contra-similar to the indicator animal used when looking at environmental degredation of a particular ecosystem. If this animal is down in number,then ecological problems are indicated in this area. If Rothschild are there ,then there is likelihood of the British Centered Banking power grab/influence is high in said particular issue►

###################################################

What exactly is your point? What do the Rothschilds have to do with Wikileaks ? COLBY

Damn it ,just read the thread !!!!!!!!! GAAL

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// So a link to pages of Google results is supposed to substitute evidence. I lloked though some of them the links are quite tenuous. The law firm that represents Assange also represents a foundation dedicated to preserving an old manor whose board is dominated by members of the family. The Economist which is supposedly partially owned by the family gave him an award (so did Amnesty International and Le Monde). The next question is why exactly it would be a problem if he has tenuous links to the family? Does this have something to do with your hostility to Jews?

Edited by Steven Gaal

Golly I gave u google cause "pal" u didnt read the thread, u DIDNT READ THREAD. Rothschild were mentioned earlier by me in in in in in in the thread . OK ???????????

You’re still ranting and raving, yes you brought up the Rothschilds here. I have no idea why you think my asking you why you did so indicated I had not read the thread. As I told you previously “a link to pages of Google results" is NOT evidence, do you really think it is up to me or anyone else to slog through them to figure out what you are driving at and find reasonable citations?

Assange is the lawyer but Soros (who is IDENTIFIED as Rothschild AGENT) who gave founding money for Wikileaks project.

Did you mean he was “the AGENT”, he is NOT a lawyer, according to Wikipedia he doesn’t even have a college degree. Beside the link of Google hits can you cite any evidence a) Soros provided the money or B) he is a “Rothschild AGENT”

Now to mention Rothschild is to be ANTI JEW.

No, but you have a track record of making anti-Semitic posts so it seems hardly a coincidence that you posit that there are two Jews behind what you think is some sort of evil scheme.

I have also Thanksgiving matters

???? LOL, Thanksgiving was 5 weeks ago!

I cop to thinking you are a poor reader.

Ooooh, the irony!

I never used the term Jewish Conspiracy.

Strawman, I never said you did.

Here is what I have said before. The Rothschilds work within (within ,yes within, go…

Yawn, we’re been over this a few times, I’m not going to reargue points from other threads

What exactly is your point? What do the Rothschilds have to do with Wikileaks ? COLBY

Damn it ,just read the thread !!!!!!!!! GAAL

I have, and you only made what you were going on about clear in your last post, you've yet to provide any evidence

Edited by Len Colby

I saw this posted over at DPF. Israel Shamir was the person who pointed out that one of Assange’s Swedish accusers has ties to anti-Castro groups. Shamir and his son are the spokesmen for Wikileaks in Russia and Scandinavia. Shamir who seems to have been born Jewish but converted to Christianity is a rabidly anti-Semitic Holocaust denier with ties to neo-Nazis. Shamir was also a big favorite of the forum’s erstwhile anti-Semitic Holocaust Sid Walker.

http://spitfirelist.com/news/swedish-nazi-background-of-assange-accusers-accuser/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2010/dec/17/wikileaks-israel-shamir-russia-scandinavia

http://www.expressen.se/kultur/1.2248555/pappas-pojke

Edited by Len Colby

edit typo

In this interview a retired worker on U.S. Government classified projects gives his views on a number of interesting topics, including how certain targeted persons are "terminated."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytSNQ2ogD4

(I haven't got a copy of KUBARK at the moment.)

I wonder how Pt. Manning is faring.

edit typo

Edited by John Dolva

I saw this posted over at DPF. Israel Shamir was the person who pointed out that one of Assange’s Swedish accusers has ties to anti-Castro groups. Shamir and his son are the spokesmen for Wikileaks in Russia and Scandinavia. Shamir who seems to have been born Jewish but converted to Christianity is a rabidly anti-Semitic Holocaust denier with ties to neo-Nazis. Shamir was also a big favorite of the forum’s erstwhile anti-Semitic Holocaust Sid Walker.

http://spitfirelist.com/news/swedish-nazi-background-of-assange-accusers-accuser/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2010/dec/17/wikileaks-israel-shamir-russia-scandinavia

http://www.expressen.se/kultur/1.2248555/pappas-pojke

######################################

born Jewish but converted to Christianity , Is that a flame about me ?? Your flame isnt real research.....here is how to do real research...........

###############################################################

ITS VERY SIMPLE ++ MY ARGUMENT IS TO LOOK BEHIND WHO IS POSTING. WHO IS LEAKING AND WHY ? THE "WHY" of the matter. WHY DO THEY POST ? WHY DO THEY LEAK ?

** LEN COLBY GETS HIS MARCHING ORDERS FROM MEMRI..?? Does Colby get his orders from Israeli intelligence ?? Please remember his company helps in the education of many "rich" Colombian youth. SEE http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/1089/8910012.html

Please read all (all) below to see my argument that there is a reason to look at why they leak and post.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

PROPAGANDA ALERT - Phony Al Qaeda bomb manual published on internet.

Tags:

COVER-UP/DECEPTIONS/PROPAGANDA

Al-Qaeda has produced a new bomb-making manual in English with the aim of encouraging self-starting terrorists to launch their own attacks.

Webmaster's Commentary:

This is a replay of a hoax from the late 1960s called the "Black Panther Coloring Book." Actually created by the FBI (and exposed during the COINTELPRO leaks), this was a book filled with highly racist drawings that was mailed into American homes (even we got one in West Covina) in order to give the US Media an easy means to demonize the growing civil rights movement that was pointing out that the Vietnam draft seemed to place most of the black kids on the front lines and most of the white kids in the rear support areas. Likewise, as the white population began to listen to the legitimate concerns of the black population, and as Martin Luther King gained popularity, young people, "The Hippies", also started mobilizing against the war, which led to a second fraudulent book released in the early 1970s called "The Anarchist Cookbook." Like the above "Al Qaeda" manual, the Anarchist Cookbook was filled with recipes for making bombs. The Anarchist Cookbook was created to allow the media to scare ordinary Americans that dangerous anarchists were in their midst, requiring draconian police and FBI powers. Hoaxes by the Nixon administration, including the "Peacnik" riot at Disneyland and the SLA, were used to further terrorize the American people.

Here is the point that relates to the current hoax. The recipes for explosives in the Anarchist Cookbook were intentionally flawed. Key stabilizing ingredients were left out in the hopes that some idiot playing with the formulas would blow up his own house, thereby handing the media another "terrorist bomb lab" for the media to wave around.

So, along with guaranteeing you that this Al Qaeda bomb making manual is another intelligence agency fake, I can also promise you that the formulas in it are intended to trick you into killing yourself in a spectacular manner intended to allow the media to claim you are an "Al Qaeda" terrorist in our midst to justify further removal of our Constitutional Bill of Rights.

UPDATE: The source for this "Al Qaeda" bomb book is none other than MEMRI.

MEMRI is a known Israeli propaganda front. (Connected to Israeli intelligence)

#### NOW PLEASE READ BELOW ######### (from the Guardian)

Brian Whitaker investigates whether the 'independent' media institute that translates the Arabic newspapers is quite what it seems

Brian Whitaker

guardian.co.uk, Monday 12 August 2002 11.29 BST

Article history

For some time now, I have been receiving small gifts from a generous institute in the United States. The gifts are high-quality translations of articles from Arabic newspapers which the institute sends to me by email every few days, entirely free-of-charge.

The emails also go to politicians and academics, as well as to lots of other journalists. The stories they contain are usually interesting.

Whenever I get an email from the institute, several of my Guardian colleagues receive one too and regularly forward their copies to me - sometimes with a note suggesting that I might like to check out the story and write about it.

If the note happens to come from a more senior colleague, I'm left feeling that I really ought to write about it. One example last week was a couple of paragraphs translated by the institute, in which a former doctor in the Iraqi army claimed that Saddam Hussein had personally given orders to amputate the ears of military deserters.

The organisation that makes these translations and sends them out is the Middle East Media Research Institute (Memri), based in Washington but with recently-opened offices in London, Berlin and Jerusalem.

Its work is subsidised by US taxpayers because as an "independent, non-partisan, non-profit" organisation, it has tax-deductible status under American law.

Memri's purpose, according to its website, is to bridge the language gap between the west - where few speak Arabic - and the Middle East, by "providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew media".

Despite these high-minded statements, several things make me uneasy whenever I'm asked to look at a story circulated by Memri. First of all, it's a rather mysterious organisation. Its website does not give the names of any people to contact, not even an office address.

The reason for this secrecy, according to a former employee, is that "they don't want suicide bombers walking through the door on Monday morning" (Washington Times, June 20).

This strikes me as a somewhat over-the-top precaution for an institute that simply wants to break down east-west language barriers.

The second thing that makes me uneasy is that the stories selected by Memri for translation follow a familiar pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel. I am not alone in this unease.

Ibrahim Hooper of the Council on American-Islamic Relations told the Washington Times: "Memri's intent is to find the worst possible quotes from the Muslim world and disseminate them as widely as possible."

Memri might, of course, argue that it is seeking to encourage moderation by highlighting the blatant examples of intolerance and extremism. But if so, one would expect it - for the sake of non-partisanship - t o publicise extremist articles in the Hebrew media too.

Although Memri claims that it does provide translations from Hebrew media, I can't recall receiving any.

Evidence from Memri's website also casts doubt on its non-partisan status. Besides supporting liberal democracy, civil society, and the free market, the institute also emphasises "the continuing relevance of Zionism to the Jewish people and to the state of Israel".

That is what its website used to say, but the words about Zionism have now been deleted. The original page, however, can still be found in internet archives.

The reason for Memri's air of secrecy becomes clearer when we look at the people behind it. The co-founder and president of Memri, and the registered owner of its website, is an Israeli called Yigal Carmon.

Mr - or rather, Colonel - Carmon spent 22 years in Israeli military intelligence and later served as counter-terrorism adviser to two Israeli prime ministers, Yitzhak Shamir and Yitzhak Rabin.

Retrieving another now-deleted page from the archives of Memri's website also throws up a list of its staff. Of the six people named, three - including Col Carmon - are described as having worked for Israeli intelligence.

Among the other three, one served in the Israeli army's Northern Command Ordnance Corps, one has an academic background, and the sixth is a former stand-up comedian.

Col Carmon's co-founder at Memri is Meyrav Wurmser, who is also director of the centre for Middle East policy at the Indianapolis-based Hudson Institute, which bills itself as "America's premier source of applied research on enduring policy challenges".

The ubiquitous Richard Perle, chairman of the Pentagon's defence policy board, recently joined Hudson's board of trustees.

Ms Wurmser is the author of an academic paper entitled Can Israel Survive Post-Zionism? in which she argues that leftwing Israeli intellectuals pose "more than a passing threat" to the state of Israel, undermining its soul and reducing its will for self-defence.

In addition, Ms Wurmser is a highly qualified, internationally recognised, inspiring and knowledgeable speaker on the Middle East whose presence would make any "event, radio or television show a unique one" - according to Benador Associates, a public relations company which touts her services.

Nobody, so far as I know, disputes the general accuracy of Memri's translations but there are other reasons to be concerned about its output.

The email it circulated last week about Saddam Hussein ordering people's ears to be cut off was an extract from a longer article in the pan-Arab newspaper, al-Hayat, by Adil Awadh who claimed to have first-hand knowledge of it.

It was the sort of tale about Iraqi brutality that newspapers would happily reprint without checking, especially in the current atmosphere of war fever. It may well be true, but it needs to be treated with a little circumspection.

Mr Awadh is not exactly an independent figure. He is, or at least was, a member of the Iraqi National Accord, an exiled Iraqi opposition group backed by the US - and neither al-Hayat nor Memri mentioned this.

Also, Mr Awadh's allegation first came to light some four years ago, when he had a strong personal reason for making it. According to a Washington Post report in 1998, the amputation claim formed part of his application for political asylum in the United States.

At the time, he was one of six Iraqis under arrest in the US as suspected terrorists or Iraqi intelligence agents, and he was trying to show that the Americans had made a mistake.

Earlier this year, Memri scored two significant propaganda successes against Saudi Arabia. The first was its translation of an article from al-Riyadh newspaper in which a columnist wrote that Jews use the blood of Christian or Muslim children in pastries for the Purim religious festival.

The writer, a university teacher, was apparently relying on an anti-semitic myth that dates back to the middle ages. What this demonstrated, more than anything, was the ignorance of many Arabs - even those highly educated - about Judaism and Israel, and their readiness to believe such ridiculous stories.

But Memri claimed al-Riyadh was a Saudi "government newspaper" - in fact it's privately owned - implying that the article had some form of official approval.

Al-Riyadh's editor said he had not seen the article before publication because he had been abroad. He apologised without hesitation and sacked his columnist, but by then the damage had been done.

Memri's next success came a month later when Saudi Arabia's ambassador to London wrote a poem entitled The Martyrs - about a young woman suicide bomber - which was published in al-Hayat newspaper.

Memri sent out translated extracts from the poem, which it described as "praising suicide bombers". Whether that was the poem's real message is a matter of interpretation. It could, perhaps more plausibly, be read as condemning the political ineffectiveness of Arab leaders, but Memri's interpretation was reported, almost without question, by the western media.

These incidents involving Saudi Arabia should not be viewed in isolation. They are part of building a case against the kingdom and persuading the United States to treat it as an enemy, rather than an ally.

It's a campaign that the Israeli government and American neo-conservatives have been pushing since early this year - one aspect of which was the bizarre anti-Saudi briefing at the Pentagon, hosted last month by Richard Perle.

To anyone who reads Arabic newspapers regularly, it should be obvious that the items highlighted by Memri are those that suit its agenda and are not representative of the newspapers' content as a whole.

The danger is that many of the senators, congressmen and "opinion formers" who don't read Arabic but receive Memri's emails may get the idea that these extreme examples are not only truly representative but also reflect the policies of Arab governments.

Memri's Col Carmon seems eager to encourage them in that belief. In Washington last April, in testimony to the House committee on international relations, he portrayed the Arab media as part of a wide-scale system of government-sponsored indoctrination.

"The controlled media of the Arab governments conveys hatred of the west, and in particular, of the United States," he said. "Prior to September 11, one could frequently find articles which openly supported, or even called for, terrorist attacks against the United States ...

"The United States is sometimes compared to Nazi Germany, President Bush to Hitler, Guantanamo to Auschwitz," he said.

In the case of the al-Jazeera satellite channel, he added, "the overwhelming majority of guests and callers are typically anti-American and anti-semitic".

Unfortunately, it is on the basis of such sweeping generalisations that much of American foreign policy is built these days.

As far as relations between the west and the Arab world are concerned, language is a barrier that perpetuates ignorance and can easily foster misunderstanding.

All it takes is a small but active group of Israelis to exploit that barrier for their own ends and start changing western perceptions of Arabs for the worse.

It is not difficult to see what Arabs might do to counter that. A group of Arab media companies could get together and publish translations of articles that more accurately reflect the content of their newspapers.

It would certainly not be beyond their means. But, as usual, they may prefer to sit back and grumble about the machinations of Israeli intelligence veterans.

The following correction was printed in the Guardian's Corrections and Clarifications column, Wednesday August 21 2002

In an article headed Atrocity stories regain currency, page 13, August 8, and in an article headed Selective Memri on the Guardian website, we referred to Dr Adil Awadh, an Iraqi doctor who alleged that Saddam Hussein had ordered doctors to amputate the ears of soldiers who deserted. Dr Awadh has asked us to make it clear that he has no connection with Memri (Middle East Media Research Institute), and that he did not authorise its translation of parts of an article by him. He is no longer a member of the Iraqi National Accord (INA). He is an independent member of the Iraqi National Congress (INC). His reference to orders by Saddam Hussein to cut off the ears of deserters has been supported by evidence from other sources.

###########################COLBYS BELOVED MEMRI .... ############ Israeli INTEL.??..you decide ????######################

########################### TWO POSTS BELOW by COLBY ##########################################################

So Ron you are speaking based on your years of experience in structural engineering and failure analysis? You have yet to give an adequate answer to the question I posed at the start of this thread, if they collapse theory so obviously violates the laws of physics and engineering, of the millions of civil engineers and architects WORLDWIDE why has not a single one spoken out? Not even from countries like Iran, Pakistan, Cuba or (pre-invasion) Iraq? There was an Iranian PhD who declared that "The Jewish Walt Disney Company" made Tom and Jerry "in order to change the Europeans' perception of mice", "Jews were degraded and termed 'dirty mice.' ( http://www.memri.org...cgi?ID=SD110106 ) yet not a single engineer from that country said there was anything suspicious about the collapse

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:18 PM

########## and again Colby posts ################################################

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:18 PM

"'I do not doubt that the new wave which has begun in our dear Palestine and which today we are also witnessing in the Islamic world is a wave of morality which has spread all over the Islamic world. Very soon, this stain of disgrace [i.e. Israel] will be purged from the center of the Islamic world – and this is attainable.

http://www.memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page...amp;ID=SP101305

Edited by Steven Gaal