The Education Forum

Amazon poster S.V. Anderson might be Vincent Bugliosi

Guest Robert Morrow

Your attitude toward music and sports is an opinion, not a "truth." Thanks for illustrating my points about the dumbing down effects of rigid ideologies

The statement above proves conclusively you don't believe in truth and furthermore you don't believe that people can know truth. This is behind your meaningless "rigid ideology" statement. Besides I made no general comment about sports and music. What I stated was "professional sports and entertainment" are owned by organized crime networks. They use these franchise to launder drug money, but more importantly they use these spectacles to dumb down the population and to bestialize them.

You on the other hand prefer the old excuse "the devil made me do it". According to you society cannot impose on your pleasures.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, sounds like good advice. Will that stop the suffering of billions though. I don't have much so I can't make much of a change.

A lot of us here in San Francisco are struggling. I haven't been employed in over 3 and a half years. I had some medical issues that kept me from working, and by the time I resolved those there was no work to be had in my profession.

And yet when the Giants won the World Series earlier this week all the gloom departed and my heart sang. Does that solve the problems of the world or my own difficulties? No, but the joy that pulsed through this town this week cannot be negated by the dismissive dispositions of Eeyores.

Sure, I like it when the swedes whip the other giants in icehockey. It was different when it wasn't pro in europe though.

Guest Robert Morrow

Dean,

Never mind that professional sports are the personal playground of organized crime. Even the notorious Lurie family and the Giants.

Lurie sold the team 18 years ago. I guess you missed it.

And let's not forget the "Jacobs" family mob and Emprise "aka" Delaware North Companies have secured the majority of concession contracts at MLB and NFL games to help them launder dirty money.

Given the level of corruption among global corporate elites you'd have to live like the Amish not to engage the filthy bastards one way or another.

Do you drive a car, Terry? Watch TV? Eat foods produced by major corporations?

Do people who don't live according to your puritanical standards offend you?

Who needs to get Havana back in the fold?

In 1963 W. Averell Harriman, Clint Murchison, Jr. and Meyer Lanksy wanted to restore Havana as the center for international narcotics trafficking, a position it held in the 50's before Castro took over. I'd speculate that the assassination of JFK was designed to provide a pre-text for the invasion of Cuba to affect that end.

Between all the hot money in major league sports they don't need Cuba.

You don't understand the heroin market and its importance to the elites. Not only is it a source of untraceable black money but it is a means to cull the human herd. The Jupiter Island Gang of blue-blood elites (Rockefeller/Harriman/Bush) have always been big on eugenics, which is one reason they financed the Nazis in the 20s, 30s and early 40s. After WW2 they moved heroin into black communities, a pattern repeated in the 80's with cocaine.

This is a holocaust by another means, and the prime motivation for wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

All they need are "fans" who never ask any questions as long as they're being entertained by "my team".

Unless you live on a self-sustaining farm and never consume petroleum products your self-righteousness is misplaced.

Heaven forbid anyone should have fun in their lives!

Go Giants.

Let's not forget the SON of JFK Assassination sponsor Clint Murchison, Sr. was one of the owners of the Dallas Cowboys ... and the SONS of JFK assassation sponsor HL Hunt were the founders of the American football league.

Constance Kritberg (and myself) believe that Clint Murchison, Sr. was one of the elite sponsors of the JFK assassination.

I think the connection to football is just a coincidence ... that is what rich people do with their money: buy sports franchises.

Dean,

Never mind that professional sports are the personal playground of organized crime. Even the notorious Lurie family and the Giants.

And let's not forget the "Jacobs" family mob and Emprise "aka" Delaware North Companies have secured the majority of concession contracts at MLB and NFL games to help them launder dirty money.

Given the level of corruption among global corporate elites you'd have to live like the Amish not to engage the filthy bastards one way or another.

In 1963 W. Averell Harriman, Clint Murchison, Jr. and Meyer Lanksy wanted to restore Havana as the center for international narcotics trafficking, a position it held in the 50's before Castro took over. I'd speculate that the assassination of JFK was designed to provide a pre-text for the invasion of Cuba to affect that end.

You don't understand the heroin market and its importance to the elites. Not only is it a source of untraceable black money but it is a means to cull the human herd. The Jupiter Island Gang of blue-blood elites (Rockefeller/Harriman/Bush) have always been big on eugenics, which is one reason they financed the Nazis in the 20s, 30s and early 40s. After WW2 they moved heroin into black communities, a pattern repeated in the 80's with cocaine.

This is a holocaust by another means, and the prime motivation for wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

All they need are "fans" who never ask any questions as long as they're being entertained by "my team".

Unless you live on a self-sustaining farm and never consume petroleum products your self-righteousness is misplaced.

Go Giants.

Let's not forget the SON of JFK Assassination sponsor Clint Murchison, Sr. was one of the owners of the Dallas Cowboys ... and the SONS of JFK assassation sponsor HL Hunt were the founders of the American football league.

Constance Kritberg (and myself) believe that Clint Murchison, Sr. was one of the elite sponsors of the JFK assassination.

I think the connection to football is just a coincidence ... that is what rich people do with their money: buy sports franchises.

No, they manipulate the population into loving the fact they're slaves. In return for revoking their citizenship they give them "entertainment and pleasure".

What did the Roman ruling elite call it "Bread and circus"?

Edited by Terry Mauro

Your attitude toward music and sports is an opinion, not a "truth." Thanks for illustrating my points about the dumbing down effects of rigid ideologies

The statement above proves conclusively you don't believe in truth and furthermore you don't believe that people can know truth.

The above statement proves conclusively that you can't tell the difference between your own biases and objective truth.

You hate rock music and you hate pro sports and you pretend that this hatred constitutes some kind of knowable "truth".

Rigid ideology dumbs people down more than anything, clearly.

This is behind your meaningless "rigid ideology" statement. Besides I made no general comment about sports and music.

Sure you have. In the past you've knocked rock music and now you hypocritically knock professional sports.

Just because these diversions are not of your taste you think you can frame your own bias as some sort of "truth."

Swing and a miss.

What I stated was "professional sports and entertainment" are owned by organized crime networks.

And when you fill your gas tank you give profits to organized crime networks.

Lecture me when you have a leg to stand on, Terry. Your prejudices are not any kind of "truth."

They use these franchise to launder drug money, but more importantly they use these spectacles to dumb down the population and to bestialize them.

Many millions of people enjoy these events without incident, and you are going to cherry pick YouTube for isolated incidences?

Pathetic.

You on the other hand prefer the old excuse "the devil made me do it". According to you society cannot impose on your pleasures.

Your non sequiturs are showing, Terry.

You haven't answered my question: what is it about people having fun that you hate so much?

Dean,

Go Giants.

No, they manipulate the population into loving the fact they're slaves. In return for revoking their citizenship they give them "entertainment and pleasure".

What did the Roman ruling elite call it "Bread and circus"?

And the Olympic Games in ancient Greece?

Let's not forget the SON of JFK Assassination sponsor Clint Murchison, Sr. was one of the owners of the Dallas Cowboys ...

One of the main reasons I love to hate the Dallas Cowboys.

and the SONS of JFK assassation sponsor HL Hunt were the founders of the American football league.

Owners of the Kansas City Chiefs. One of the main reasons I love to hate the Kansas City Chiefs.

My suggestion to all sports haters is -- lighten up. Your life will be better for it.

The statement above proves conclusively you don't believe in truth and furthermore you don't believe that people can know truth.

The above statement proves conclusively that you can't tell the difference between your own biases and objective truth.

You hate rock music and you hate pro sports and you pretend that this hatred constitutes some kind of knowable "truth".

This is behind your meaningless "rigid ideology" statement. Besides I made no general comment about sports and music.

Sure you have. In the past you've knocked rock music and now you hypocritically knock professional sports.

Just because these diversions are not of your taste you think you can frame your own bias as some sort of "truth."

Swing and a miss.

What I stated was "professional sports and entertainment" are owned by organized crime networks.

Lecture me when you have a leg to stand on, Terry. Your prejudices are not any kind of "truth."

They use these franchise to launder drug money, but more importantly they use these spectacles to dumb down the population and to bestialize them.

Many millions of people enjoy these events without incident, and you are going to cherry pick YouTube for isolated incidences?

Pathetic.

You haven't answered my question: what is it about people having fun that you hate so much?

Are you having "fun" in a jobless and dead society? Yeah, just turn the volume up, right?

Swing and a miss.

Pathetic.

When I fill my gas tank up I give money to organized crime networks? You're absolutely daffy. I assume you're refering to the oil cartels?

The development of higher forms of energy has helped mankind to develop a modern economy. Where would you be without fossil fuel energy? You'd be strumming a tree branch.

This is identical to the drug legalization argument. Classic. It's exactly as I stated "the devil made me do it". You cannot have society impose it's will and take away my pleasures.

And here is the same argument once again.

See with you Cliff there is no truth, just "tastes" and everyone should be allowed to have their pleasures respected. Occam'sRazor at work.

Guest Robert Morrow

I've learned a lot from Cliff Varnell on this thread. Send me an email to Morrow321@aol.com and I will send you my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file.... by the way, I am beginning to think that McGeorge Bundy was one of the key players in the JFK assassination, based on comments made by folks on this forum.

I am a big Alabama Crimson Tide fan.

I would also like to add, that I don't learn very much from Terry Mauro. I think he is one of the least productive and informative posters on the Education Forum.

Two excellent books to read on the JFK assassination are 1) LBJ: Mastermind of JFK’s Assassination (2010) by Phillip Nelson http://www.lbj-themastermind.com/ and 2) JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why it Matters (2008) by James Douglass. Review: http://www.ctka.net/2008/jfk_unspeakable.html

Are you having "fun" in a jobless and dead society?...

Yes I am!

My Oakland Raiders just won an over-time thriller over the hated KC Chiefs (condolences, Dean) 23-20, my baseball team won the World Series a few days ago, I live in a rent-controlled two bedroom apartment in the Haight-Ashbury and when you throw in my garage, my secure parking spot, the utilities and my high-speed internet my monthly nut is in the high three figures.

Tambien: the Lady of my life loves me, I have my health, and my bedbugstreatmentguide.com website is blowing up today. If the latter keeps up I won't have to go back to work.

Oh yeah! Life is good!

Are you having "fun" in a jobless and dead society?...

Yes I am!

My Oakland Raiders just won an over-time thriller over the hated KC Chiefs (condolences, Dean) 23-20, my baseball team won the World Series a few days ago, I live in a rent-controlled two bedroom apartment in the Haight-Ashbury and when you throw in my garage, my secure parking spot, the utilities and my high-speed internet my monthly nut is in the high three figures.

Tambien: the Lady of my life loves me, I have my health, and my bedbugstreatmentguide.com website is blowing up today. If the latter keeps up I won't have to go back to work.

Oh yeah! Life is good!

What a great game!

My team lost and I feel like complete garbage

But at least my team and Cliffs team are on top of the AFC West!

About time both teams stepped up above the Broncos and Chargers

Guest Robert Morrow

I've learned a lot from Cliff Varnell on this thread. Send me an email to Morrow321@aol.com and I will send you my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file.... by the way, I am beginning to think that McGeorge Bundy was one of the key players in the JFK assassination, based on comments made by folks on this forum.

I would also like to add, that I don't learn very much from Terry Mauro. I think he is one of the least productive and informative posters on the Education Forum.

(snip)

Robert,

You may want to go back and look at "his" avatar.

Kathy

Hey, Kathy, I was told Terry Mauro is a "he" LaRouchie posting under a "she" profile. Not that I don't think that the LaRouchies are SOMETIMES right. For example, the LaRouchies knew about the Franklin Scandal and the Franklin Cover Up in real time back in the early 1990's.

Having said that, I don't think that this Terry Mauro - HE does not add a lot of my knowledge to the JFK assassination or anything in general.

Edited by Robert Morrow

(snip)

Robert,

You may want to go back and look at "his" avatar.

Kathy

Hey, Kathy, I was told Terry Mauro is a "he" LaRouchie posting under a "she" profile. Not that I don't think that the LaRouchies are SOMETIMES right. For example, the LaRouchies knew about the Franklin Scandal and the Franklin Cover Up in real time back in the early 1990's.

Having said that, I don't think that this Terry Mauro - HE does not add a lot of my knowledge to the JFK assassination or anything in general.

No, Robert, Terry is very much a she. She has been a member of this forum since almost the beginning. The LaRouche stuff is a recent development. Prior to this development, she was pretty much a closet revolutionary, with a particular attraction to Che Guevara, as I recall.

As far as the whole "pro sports is evil" argument, I'm a Dodgers and Lakers fan to my very core. But even that doesn't stop me from seeing that most professional sports franchises are a scam. They get the cities to pay hundreds of millions for stadiums, and then sell the best seats and boxes to corporations at inflated costs, who then turn around and use those seats as a tax write-off. So the consumer gets screwed twice--once on the local level when they have to help billionaires pay for their work and office space, and once on the Federal level when they have to pay for the entertainment of millionaires.

But, that said, there are so many other utterly corrupt aspects to our society--Big Oil, Big Pharma, the AMA, etc--that it would be fairly surprising if Big Sports wasn't corrupt...

Edited by Pat Speer

No, Robert, Terry is very much a she. She has been a member of this forum since almost the beginning. The LaRouche stuff is a recent development. Prior to this development, she was pretty much a closet revolutionary, with a particular attraction to Che Guevara, as I recall.

As far as the whole "pro sports is evil" argument, I'm a Dodgers and Lakers fan to my very core. But even that doesn't stop me from seeing that most professional sports franchises are a scam. They get the cities to pay hundreds of millions for stadiums, and then sell the best seats and boxes to corporations at inflated costs, who then turn around and use those seats as a tax write-off. So the consumer gets screwed twice--once on the local level when they have to help billionaires pay for their work and office space, and once on the Federal level when they have to pay for the entertainment of millionaires.

But, that said, there are so many other utterly corrupt aspects to our society--Big Oil, Big Pharma, the AMA, etc--that it would be fairly surprising if Big Sports wasn't corrupt...

I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoy the product but I'm not blind to the seamy underbelly of both pro and amateur sports.

In 1987 Bob Lurie asked the voters to approve public financing of a new stadium for my beloved Giants and I voted against it, as did a majority of San Franciscans. Same thing in 1989 -- no way. When the new ownership sought private financing for Pac Bell Park I chipped in 3 grand for seat licenses, the proper thing to do for a real fan who was no fool.

The history of sports in this country is riddled with corruption. Super Bowl 3 was fixed, in my opinion. So was the 1985 NBA draft lottery which sent Patrick Ewing to the Knicks. During the 1960's you couldn't get a bet down on certain Kansas City Chiefs games because the bookies didn't regard them as on the up-and-up.

Everyone rightly condemns the use of steroids in the past couple of decades but what about those bottles of greenies (uppers) baseball players used in previous eras?

(My favorite sports/drug story is of Doc Ellis, who pitched a no-hitter on LSD(!))

Whether I fill my gas tank or watch a ball game in the afternoon, knowing that corruption lurks behind the production doesn't stop me from enjoying the product.

If the corruption becomes too egregious, one can boycott it. Lots of people in my town ride bicycles and boycott Big Oil. Terry chooses to boycott sports, and more power to her. But I'm not going to put up with being lectured about it.