The Education Forum

Nelson L. Raynock

Thanks to Bill Simpich for studying the documents available, it would appear that Nelson L. Raynock is Henry Hecksher.

Hecksher’s name is scribbled in the top right of this document.

Hecksher also used these pseudonyms: James D. Zaboth and Henry Boysen.

CIA Pseudonyms [Carl E. Jenkins, the only other CIA officer involved in AMWORLD to my knowledge, used the pseudo James E. Beckoff]

PHOTOS OF MANUEL ARTIME BUESA ALONE AND WITH MARTIN FERRER AND HENRY BOYSEN

Artime and Hecksher from the above link.

Artime_and_Hecksher.jpg

AMTHRILL's true identity is a mystery for another day.

Zach

Zach,

As you probably know already, Dick Russell (in "The man Who Knew Too Much") says that Nagell's friend in Mexico City, Arthur Greenstein told him that the "Bob" he met at a party was tall, wore glasses, and looked to be in his mid-thirties in 1962. For comparison purposes, do we know how tall Aritime was? I assume this photo was taken around 1962-63? If so, how old does this "Henry Boysen" look to you? Is he wearing glasses?

Thanks,

--Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hi Tommy,

Artime was approximately 5'6". Hecksher is described elsewhere on this forum as "short and somewhat pudgy." He would have been over 50 years old in this photo. He definitely wasn't tall and in his mid 30s.

I must admit, I have not read all of Russell's book. It can be very confusing and I do not know what Nagell is saying there exactly. That isn't the only thing he said that I can't quite follow.

Zach

Hi Tommy,

Artime was approximately 5'6". Hecksher is described elsewhere on this forum as "short and somewhat pudgy." He would have been over 50 years old in this photo. He definitely wasn't tall and in his mid 30s.

I must admit, I have not read all of Russell's book. It can be very confusing and I do not know what Nagell is saying there exactly. That isn't the only thing he said that I can't quite follow.

Zach

Zach,

Thanks for Artime's height.

Regardless of the fact that the guy in the photo couldn't possibly be Hecksher, can you tell whether or not the guy's wearing glasses?

Thanks,

Thanks to Bill Simpich for studying the documents available, it would appear that Nelson L. Raynock is Henry Hecksher.

CIA Pseudonyms [Carl E. Jenkins, the only other CIA officer involved in AMWORLD to my knowledge, used the pseudo James E. Beckoff]

Artime_and_Hecksher.jpg

Zach

Zach,

As you probably know already, Dick Russell (in "The man Who Knew Too Much") says that Nagell's friend in Mexico City, Arthur Greenstein told him that the "Bob" he met at a party was tall, wore glasses, and looked to be in his mid-thirties in 1962. For comparison purposes, do we know how tall Aritime was? I assume this photo was taken around 1962-63? If so, how old does this "Henry Boysen" look to you? Is he wearing glasses?

Thanks,

corrected and bumped; it was Greenstein who told this to Russell, not Nagell himself.

Artime_and_Hecksher.jpg

Zach

Zach,

Thanks,

corrected and bumped; it was Greenstein who told this to Russell, not Nagell himself.

Tommy

Hecksher was station chief in Santiago when this occured :-

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Terrorism/Chile%20Coup_USHand.html

Ian

Heckshers name is scribbled in the top right of this document.

Artime_and_Hecksher.jpg

Zach

Zach,

Thanks,

Tommy

Hecksher was station chief in Santiago when this occured :-

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Terrorism/Chile%20Coup_USHand.html

Ian

Ian,

I guess you're trying to say that Hecksher was CIA station chief in Santiago, Chile when democratically-elected President Salvadore Allende was overthrown by a CIA-backed coup?

If so, that's very interesting. Thanks!

Edited by Thomas Graves