The Education Forum

JFK: The Lost Bullet

Shepard

I have to agree with you here.

Max Holland has a habit of propping up the W.C. version, to me its a case of "move along please nothing to see here.

Ian

You two might be right. Max Holland appears to be tight with McAdams and there are many McAdams clones on EF these days.

I looked at the source photo and it is visual mud that can't become useful for an ID other than perhaps human presence.

There appears to be this information circulating that you might want to check:

========

HE IS A CLOSE FRIEND OF JOHN MCADAMS.

... SEE: http://judythbaker.blogspot.com/2011/11/cia-defends-max-holland-historian-who.html

HERE IS MAX HOLLAND'S

AWARDS' HISTORY...NOTE "STUDIES IN INTELLIGENCE AWARD" --THIS IS THE CIA'S OFFICIAL MAGAZINE...

Moody Research Grant, Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation, Austin, TX, 2004

Studies in Intelligence Award, Center for the Study of Intelligence, CIA, 2001

J. Anthony Lukas Work-in-Progress Award, Columbia University School of Journalism/ Harvard University Nieman Foundation, 2001

=======

That's great, Tom. Could you go over it one more time, please? Where are the bullets (and why are they where they are) ?

Lies, Damn Lies, and National Geographic

by Ralph Cinque

Recently by Ralph Cinque: A Chiropractor Looks at the Zapruder Film

www.lewrockwell.com

November 22, 2011

I am shocked and staggered by this evening’s [November 20] presentation of The Lost Bullet on National Geographic television. Sure, I expected it to be one-sided and misleading in its defense of the Warren Report concerning the murder of President Kennedy. But no, I did not think they would resort to such outrageous tactics and woefully corrupt reasoning.

First, the program, which was directed by journalist Max Holland, started with a lie. That lie was that researchers, of all stripes, including conspiracy theorists, agree that only 3 shots were fired that day: one that went through Kennedy and Connally; one that blew Kennedy’s head off; and one that missed completely and nicked a bystander, James Teague. No! Only Warren Report devotees claim that. Every single JFK researcher that I know of claims that more than 3 shots were fired. And, conspiracy researchers most certainly do not accept the single bullet theory, that one pristine "magic" bullet caused all 7 wounds in Kennedy and Connally and then emerged unscathed on a stretcher at Parkland Hospital after falling out of Connally’s thigh.

The word they used on the program was "consensus." They said there was a "consensus" about those things, and therefore, they were able to assume them, which they did.

Do you see how easy television journalism is? All you have to do is say that something is true, and act like it’s true, and as long as you control the camera and the microphone, you can get away with it. It was a bold-faced lie. I am calling you a xxxx, Holland!

So, they started by laying that out and acting like it was all beyond reproach. And then they said that although controversies persist, the answer is to figure out what happened to the missing bullet. They maintained that two of the bullets (the magic bullet and the one that caused the fatal head shot) were accounted for, but the first bullet that missed completely was unaccounted for. Hence, the title of the program: The Lost Bullet.

But, even though it was the last shot, they began by examining the fatal head shot. They acknowledged the controversy: that many people believe that the shot came from the direction of the Grassy Knoll, and they attributed that to two things: the fact that the area was closest to the limousine at the time, and the fact that Kennedy’s head went back and to the left. So, how did they deal with that?

They brought on a ballistics expert, Larry Sturdivan, who explained that the shot could not have come from the Grassy Knoll because the bullet would have exited Kennedy’s head in the same direction, that is, to the left, and probably hit Jackie, and if not her, then someone else, and since that did not happen, the shot could not have come from the Grassy Knoll.

What? Mr. Sturdivan, a ballistics expert, did not even raise the issue of a frangible bullet? A frangible bullet is a bullet that is designed to explode on contact. Here is the definition from Wikipedia:

"A frangible bullet is one that is designed to disintegrate into tiny particles upon impact to minimize their penetration and to limit the danger behind the intended target."

Mr. Sturdivan, a ballistics expert, actually sidestepped the whole issue of the frangible bullet. He just assumed that it was full metal jacketed bullet that would have traversed the cranium. But, this issue has not been overlooked by others in the JFK research community. I want to expound on this some because it is important.

First, note that the title of the program was really a misnomer because there is really only one existing bullet, not two. Of course, many of us do not believe that the magic bullet, otherwise known as CE399, actually went through Kennedy and then entered Connally – twice – bursting two bones. But, we are just going to put that aside because they proffered it as foregone conclusion, ridiculous as it is, and for the sake of brevity, we’ll leave it alone.

But, what happened to the bullet that struck Kennedy’s head and killed him? It did not do what Mr. Sturdivan, the expert, said. It did not pass through and out of Kennedy’s head – at least, not in the form of a bullet.

Do you remember Kennedy’s threat that he was going to "splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces?" Well, that is pretty much what happened to that bullet. It pulverized. His head x-rays showed a virtual snowstorm of tiny particles throughout his brain from that bullet disintegrating. The bullet fragmented into numerous pieces. What have experts had to say about that?

Forensic pathologist, Dr. Jimmy W. Green, said that "Full metal jacket bullets (like those Oswald allegedly used) fired from medium-to-high-velocity rifles do not fragment into numerous pieces."

Dr. Eric Berg, another medical examiner, said: "In x-rays of gunshot wounds, the presence of small fragments of metal along the wound track (as seen in Kennedy) virtually rules out full metal-jacketed ammunition (such as what Oswald allegedly used). A lead snowstorm on x-ray (such as Kennedy had) rules out full metal jacketed ammunition."

Forensic expert and detective Shaun Roach said: "Due to the inherent strength of the 6.5 mm Carcano jacket, I believe that it would not shear off and fragment upon entering the head. The head wound of President Kennedy has all the hallmarks of 5.56 mm bullet performance. I would expect that if JFK were struck in the head by a 6.5 Carcano bullet, the bullet would have crashed into the skull, out the other side, intact, and continued on till it hit something else."

And finally, let’s listen to Dr. Cyril Wecht:

"It is my experience with bullets, including bullets that are not as powerful and fully jacketed as this one [the 6.5 mm Carcano bullet], that they do not explode into dozens of pieces. They may break into two or three large fragments or pieces, but they don't just disintegrate like that [like the missile that left dozens of fragments in Kennedy's skull]. And so when you say it [the bullet or bullets that struck Kennedy in the head] behaved much more like a soft or hollow-point, I agree with you. I've been saying that for a long time."

Do you see now how deceitful this program was? Forget about biased. It was way beyond biased. It was Machiavellian for them to glibly say that the shot could not have come from the Grassy Knoll because such a bullet would have traversed Kennedy’s head and struck Jackie. Hiding the existence of frangible bullets was most deceitful.

Of course the killers were going to use a frangible bullet from the Grassy Knoll. Don’t you think they were under strict orders not to harm a hair on Jackie’s head? Besides, if the bullet disintegrated, it would hide, to some extent, its trajectory. They knew that all the shots had to look like they came from the Book Depository.

The program offered two other reasons to reject the Grassy Knoll hypothesis: One was the fact that on the Zapruder film when Kennedy’s head explodes at frame 313, the mist of blood and fragments seems to be drifting forward. Therefore, the shot must have come from the rear.

It’s funny: they take the movement of the mist, which was forward, as an indication of shot direction but not the movement of Kennedy’s whole head and body, which was back and to the left.

But, at this point, I must refer you to Professor James Fetzer’s book, The Great Zapruder Film Hoax: Deceit and Deception in the Death of JFK. Dr. Fetzer is certain that the Zapruder film was altered in many ways, including the blob of red when the head explodes. And it really does look like somebody shot it with a paintgun.

The other thing they did , which was really laughable, was simply show footage from other amateur movies of the Grassy Knoll taken that day showing that nobody was there. But wait! Nobody ever said that the gunman was standing on the grass in plain view. He was behind the picket fence! The term "picket fence" was never mentioned on the program, not even once. I kept waiting for it. It never came.

And that brings us to the piece de resistance, the first bullet, the lost bullet. The Warren Report is rather wishy-washy about the missed shot. They know that it occurred because they found the evidence that it struck the curb, and Teague definitely got grazed by a fragment. But, they weren’t even sure if it was the first shot. If it was the first shot, how did Oswald miss by so much? He missed by the length of a football field! And yet, a few seconds later, at a greater distance, he hits Kennedy squarely in the head? They suggested that maybe the bullet deflected off the tree. And, in later years, attorney Gerald Posner, has elaborated on that theory. In his book, Case Closed, Posner proffered the idea that the bullet struck the tree and then the metal jacket popped off, and then inner core sailed on alone a great distance to strike the curb. Assassination researchers assailed Case Closed for its wild ideas and inaccuracies, but the mainstream media loved it, and Posner was almost awarded the Pulitzer Prize for History for writing it.

But, now comes along Max Holland, and he says that the Warren Commission and Gerald Posner were both wrong. The first bullet didn’t hit the tree; it hit the traffic light. Of course, the existing traffic light isn’t there any more, but they found a photo or an amateur movie which included the traffic light on Elm Street, and sure enough, it looks like there is a defect (a gouge? a mark?) on the bottom of it that Holland says could have been made by a bullet deflecting off of it.

Before going any further, let me sum up Orlando Martin’s take on the first bullet. Orlando is the author of JFK: Analysis of a Shooting. Note that Orlando is a retired military sharpshooter and ballistics expert.

Orlando explains that the first bullet missed completely and hit the curb on the southeast end of Main Street near the underpass, which was 400 feet away from the limousine, which is common knowledge. How could Oswald have taken a down-angled shot and missed by 134 yards? And there was another problem: lead and antimony components were found but no copper, and it was supposed to be a copper jacketed bullet. (Thank God for Gerald Posner’s fertile mind) Some have tried, through the Freedom of Information Act, to get to see the spectrograph analysis plate from that shot. But alas, the FBI said that the plate had been destroyed to save space in their building. This is a building that is a city-block long, and the plate is 1/32 of an inch thick.

What does the lack of copper tell us about the missed bullet? It tells us that it could not possibly have been a 6.5 mm Carcano bullet, alleged to be used by Oswald. Plus, the small amount of damage it did to the curbstone proves that it had to be a smaller bullet, hence, a very different caliber.

But, there is no basis for assuming the bullet deflected before it hit the curb. What happened is that it was shot from a low elevation; it sailed over Kennedy’s head, perhaps not by much, and then it kept going until it ran out of gas, and gravity took it down. Like many other assassination researchers, Orlando believes that the most likely place where the first gunman was perched was a low elevation in the Dal-Tex building, which was the next building down from the Book Depository on the same side of the street.

But, Max Holland, whose vivid imagination surely has to rival Mr. Posner’s, has his reasons for saying no, it was Oswald shooting very early on, practically at the intersection. It hit the metal frame of the traffic light and then bounced off of it, which meant that it deflected an even greater distance. Wow! And you wouldn’t believe the things he offered as proof. One was the position of the three spent cartridges on the floor at the Book Depository. Holland claimed that one of them was in a position, a spot on the floor, that required, demanded that Oswald must have been aiming at the traffic pole at the time. Wow again! The things that Physics can prove!

Of course, it’s a big advantage to Warren devotees to claim that the first (missed) shot came that early on because it means that instead of having 6.2 seconds to get off all 3 shots, Oswald had over 11 seconds. So now all that dazzling and impossible marksmanship goes away. But, not quite. It is widely accepted that the longest interval was between the first two shots. It’s the second two shots that were close together, and getting off those two shots in 4-some seconds and hitting the target both times would still have been a phenomenal shooting performance on the part of Oswald. Holland didn’t mention that. He just made it sound like the (assumed) 11 second timespan for the whole shooting spree made it a cakewalk. I don’t remember his exact words, but my impression was that he felt it would have been easy.

But, one thing he did not address at all was that old lack-of-copper-on-the-curb problem. Was he alleging, like Posner, that the copper jacket came off and that the core sailed on by itself? Is that a reasonable thing to expect from a full metal jacketed bullet bouncing off of a metal object?

But wait! There is an easy way he could have tested his theory! He could have simply shot at the traffic light and seen if the bullet shed its jacket and bounced all the way to curb at the southeast end of Main by the underpass – the entire length of Dealey Plaza. Come on, Max! You’re a physicist! And you know the laws of physics haven’t changed. If it happened that way in November 1963, it should happen again that way in November 2011. Surely, the Dallas police can clear the area for a day so that you can accomplish this test. And if they can’t, then you can duplicate it somewhere else. It wouldn’t be that hard. I’m just saying that before you pat yourself on the back for being so smart, why don’t you actually test it? See if the bullet actually does do what you claim it did?

There was also a lot of incriminating of Oswald. Holland made a big deal about the testimony of Amos Euins, the 15-year-old boy who claimed to see a man at the window of the Book Depository. But, Euins never identified the man he saw as Oswald. In fact, his description of the man at the time differed from Oswald. For instance, he kept emphasizing a bald spot on the man’s head which didn’t match Oswald.

For the record, Orlando does not think that any of the shots came from the 6th floor of the Book Depository – certainly not the confirmed missed shot, nor any of the shots that hit targets. Like all other sensible researchers, he thinks that the head shot came from behind the picket fence at the Grassy Knoll, and he thinks the other shots that hit Kennedy and Connally came from the Dallas Criminal Court building across the street. And that’s because those shots had a left-to-right trajectory, not a right-to-left trajectory. The entrance wound in Kennedy’s throat had to come from the front, obviously.

But, it stands to reason that if the conspirators were planning to frame Oswald that they’d stick somebody up there in the Depository and hope that somebody saw him.

In conclusion, I don’t have to ask how convincing the program was because it was not at all convincing. It was a rude insult to one’s intelligence. It was a crime against humanity in its own right.

But alas, I do have to ask how persuasive it was to American viewers. I am sure that many American viewers were appalled by it, as I was. But the idea that any viewers of any nationality were impressed with it, is disturbing. You might think from that that I have a low opinion of humanity. But, I say no! It’s Max Holland who thinks that people are stupid because he’s the one who made the thing, and he’s the one who’s trying to sell it. It was the lowest and most abhorrent and demeaning attempt at mass manipulation and indoctrination that I have ever witnessed. Curse you, Max Holland.

That's great, Tom. Could you go over it one more time, please? Where are the bullets (and why are they where they are) ?

First off, it IS NOT "bullets"!

It was, is, and will always remain:-----------------------A single bullet!

Which, happens to also be the third/last/final shot fired in the assassination (and which IS NOT, and has never been, the Z313 impact)

Tom

P.S. Since John Connally is fully and firmly deceased and buried, then quite probably, that question should be posed to his son.

P.P.S. In event that you wish to believe that the approximately 5-inch long scar down on the left lower leg of JBC was where he purportedly cut his leg on a barbed wire fence as a child, then who am I to offer a completely different reason for this scar.

Is this right?

the so called pristine bullet lodged itself backwards in JFK with a portion continuing on.

The second bullet fragmented 312-313.

The third lodged in Connalys leg and disappeared.

Is this right?

the so called pristine bullet lodged itself backwards in JFK with a portion continuing on.

Closer than most!

1. CE399 penetrated only a short distance (base-first). Striking the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae in a base-first attitude, this sheared a 4.5mm width lead protrusion(which had squeezed out the bullet base) from the base of the bullet.

The lead core protrusion exited the anterior throat of JFK and is responsible for the small anterior throat wound.

The lead core protursion was recovered and is one of those fragments found in CE840, which by the way, weighed 0.9 grains.

(P.S.) It is no coincidence that the "punch-type" back wound of JFK measured 4mm X 7mm, and the deformed(flat) base to CE399 also measured 4mm X 7mm.

Just as it is no coincidence that a portion of the copper jacket base to CE399 was removed at some point while this bullet was in the National Archives.

The copper jacket base to this bullet contained "impact damage" created as a result of impact with a bone of the vertebral column, as well as having a "raised" edge completely around the perimeter of the bullet base.

Which edge could have been created ONLY by the bullet having passed through a material of such density that it litterally "stretched" the copper jacket backwards.

(P.P.S) The "abrasion collar" of the back wound (as determined by the HSCA as being located at the bottom edge of he wound of penetration, is merely the result of the end-over-end tumbling of the bullet as it struck JFK in the back.

Thereby creating this (direct contradiction to normal ballistics) abrasion collar at the bottom of the wound penetration as opposed to being located at the top of the wound pentration.

(P.P.P.S) The back wound of JFK has it's longest axis (7mm wide) in the horizontal, as opposed to the normal downward striking of a bullet, which causes the longest axis to be in the verticle.

(P.P.P.P.S) The reason for the "punch-type" penetrations through the coat; inner liner of the coat; and shirt worn by JFK is merely a result of the bullet striking with it's "flat-base" forward. Which, not unlike a paper-punch, punched out the fabric from the items of clothing.

(P.P.P.P.P.S) Which, also, contradictory to normal ballistic fact, also carried considerable fabric from the clothing down into the wound of entry into the back of JfK.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That should sufficiently explain why Dr. Humes could insert his finger, as well as (later) a stainless steel probe down into the back entry wound of JFK, without the lprobe (or his finger) finding any pathway for the bullet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As far as the second shot (which happens to be the Z312/313 impact, this is the "cowlick" entry which the HSCA found.

Due to a variety of reasons, this bullet (abnormally) fragmented and the fragments passed through the upper area of the parietal lobe of the brain of JFK, creating immense damage.

And, just as stated by JBC's Parkland Dr. a fragment from this bullet "escaped" and is responsible for the wrist wound of JBC.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now! Onward to the true "MAGIC BULLET" (the one that pulled the disappearing act)

First off, this bullet struck JFK in the head also.

JFK was approximately 30-feet farther down Elm St. from the Z312/313 impact when this bullet struck.

And, since I am neither smarter than, nor more qualified than the elements of the SS and FBI, this also happens to be the impact location which each of these government agencies determined as the third shot impact, and so noted on their respective survey plats. (SS--12/5/63)--(FBI--2/7/64)

Which happens to have struck at survey stationing 4+95. (as opposed to stationing 4+65.3 for the Z313 impact)

Now! After having penetrated through JFK's head (having struck in the EOP region of the skull, the bullet exited JFK's head in an area of which considerable damage already existed from the Z312/313 impact.

The INTACT bullet thereafter continued on (downwards) to strike JBC in the right shoulder as he lay across the jump seats with his head in Nellie's lab, thereby exposing his shoulder and back to the flight of the bullet as well as the cerebral tissue which was blown forward from the head of JFK.

And, as they say, now you know the rest of the story:

Being:

Why JBC's coat got washed and laundered, as the back of the coat would have been covered with cerebral tissue, which could not have occurred with the Z313 impact as a result of the back of the jump seat would have prevented cerebral tissue from having been blown forward and striking all over the back of JBC's coat.

As well as, the bullet penetration into JBC's back was elongated slightly to the horizontal.---Which the WC attempted to blame on a bullet that was "yawing".

When, one places JBC leaned over across the jump seats, then the elongaged horizontal wound of entry now becomes a correctly oriented downward wound of entry that is in fact elongated vertically, as it should be.

The bullet then, of course, penetrated throuogh the chest of JBC and exited to thereafter enter his leg.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But, then again, this may in fact be more than one wants to know about the FACTS of the assassination, as it certainly puts a crimp in chasing mythological creatures throughout Dealey Plaza.

Tom.

P.S. It is all now a matter of "published record", of which The JFK Assassination Museum" is now in possession. (along with a few others who appear to be quite adept at understanding simple facts.)

Is this right?

Closer than most!

1. CE399 penetrated only a short distance (base-first). Striking the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae in a base-first attitude, this sheared a 4.5mm width lead protrusion(which had squeezed out the bullet base) from the base of the bullet.

The lead core protrusion exited the anterior throat of JFK and is responsible for the small anterior throat wound.

The lead core protursion was recovered and is one of those fragments found in CE840, which by the way, weighed 0.9 grains.

(P.S.) It is no coincidence that the "punch-type" back wound of JFK measured 4mm X 7mm, and the deformed(flat) base to CE399 also measured 4mm X 7mm.

Just as it is no coincidence that a portion of the copper jacket base to CE399 was removed at some point while this bullet was in the National Archives.

The copper jacket base to this bullet contained "impact damage" created as a result of impact with a bone of the vertebral column, as well as having a "raised" edge completely around the perimeter of the bullet base.

Which edge could have been created ONLY by the bullet having passed through a material of such density that it litterally "stretched" the copper jacket backwards.

(P.P.S) The "abrasion collar" of the back wound (as determined by the HSCA as being located at the bottom edge of he wound of penetration, is merely the result of the end-over-end tumbling of the bullet as it struck JFK in the back.

Thereby creating this (direct contradiction to normal ballistics) abrasion collar at the bottom of the wound penetration as opposed to being located at the top of the wound pentration.

(P.P.P.S) The back wound of JFK has it's longest axis (7mm wide) in the horizontal, as opposed to the normal downward striking of a bullet, which causes the longest axis to be in the verticle.

(P.P.P.P.S) The reason for the "punch-type" penetrations through the coat; inner liner of the coat; and shirt worn by JFK is merely a result of the bullet striking with it's "flat-base" forward. Which, not unlike a paper-punch, punched out the fabric from the items of clothing.

(P.P.P.P.P.S) Which, also, contradictory to normal ballistic fact, also carried considerable fabric from the clothing down into the wound of entry into the back of JfK.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That should sufficiently explain why Dr. Humes could insert his finger, as well as (later) a stainless steel probe down into the back entry wound of JFK, without the lprobe (or his finger) finding any pathway for the bullet.

As far as the second shot (which happens to be the Z312/313 impact, this is the "cowlick" entry which the HSCA found.

Due to a variety of reasons, this bullet (abnormally) fragmented and the fragments passed through the upper area of the parietal lobe of the brain of JFK, creating immense damage.

And, just as stated by JBC's Parkland Dr. a fragment from this bullet "escaped" and is responsible for the wrist wound of JBC.

Now! Onward to the true "MAGIC BULLET" (the one that pulled the disappearing act)

JFK was approximately 30-feet farther down Elm St. from the Z312/313 impact when this bullet struck.

And, since I am neither smarter than, nor more qualified than the elements of the SS and FBI, this also happens to be the impact location which each of these government agencies determined as the third shot impact, and so noted on their respective survey plats. (SS--12/5/63)--(FBI--2/7/64)

Which happens to have struck at survey stationing 4+95. (as opposed to stationing 4+65.3 for the Z313 impact)

Now! After having penetrated through JFK's head (having struck in the EOP region of the skull, the bullet exited JFK's head in an area of which considerable damage already existed from the Z312/313 impact.

The INTACT bullet thereafter continued on (downwards) to strike JBC in the right shoulder as he lay across the jump seats with his head in Nellie's lab, thereby exposing his shoulder and back to the flight of the bullet as well as the cerebral tissue which was blown forward from the head of JFK.

Being:

Why JBC's coat got washed and laundered, as the back of the coat would have been covered with cerebral tissue, which could not have occurred with the Z313 impact as a result of the back of the jump seat would have prevented cerebral tissue from having been blown forward and striking all over the back of JBC's coat.

As well as, the bullet penetration into JBC's back was elongated slightly to the horizontal.---Which the WC attempted to blame on a bullet that was "yawing".

When, one places JBC leaned over across the jump seats, then the elongaged horizontal wound of entry now becomes a correctly oriented downward wound of entry that is in fact elongated vertically, as it should be.

The bullet then, of course, penetrated throuogh the chest of JBC and exited to thereafter enter his leg.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But, then again, this may in fact be more than one wants to know about the FACTS of the assassination, as it certainly puts a crimp in chasing mythological creatures throughout Dealey Plaza.

Tom.

P.S. It is all now a matter of "published record", of which The JFK Assassination Museum" is now in possession. (along with a few others who appear to be quite adept at understanding simple facts.)

The above which, at a minimum: a *cover-up* in the murder of JFK. Thanks for your work Tom Purvis! Have a nice holiday.

I have added some discussion of the program into chapter 7b of my webpage, where I discuss the recollections of Tina Towner.

What few yet realize about the program is that its creators had decided its central thesis--that a bullet had hit the traffic signal--was WRONG--and that they had done so weeks before the program aired. So WHY NOT change it at the last minute?

This reminds me of Inside the Target Car... Gary Mack admitted later that he'd known the reason for rejecting a grassy knoll shooter he'd given in the program (that the bullet would have hit Jackie) was WRONG some time before the program aired, but that they'd aired it anyhow, unaltered. Have these people no shame?

Tina Towner was with her father on the corner, filming Kennedy’s turn onto Elm with a movie camera. (Article in Life Magazine, 11-24-67) “was using a movie camera to film the procession…up to within moments of the first shot. She stopped when all she could see was the rear of the President’s car. At the sound of shots she shouted “Some dummy is lighting firecrackers.” (Article in Teen Magazine, 6-19-68, as quoted in Pictures of the Pain, p. 217) “Now I was beginning to leave when I heard the sky fall in—the loudest crack of a rifle I had ever heard! At that time I had the least notion it was a gun. The truth of the matter was that I thought it was a firecracker.” (After hearing another boom she) “looked around to see where they were coming from. Finally, the third and last boom and, with that one, I turned to look at the School Book Depository Building.” (Interview in JFK: The Lost Bullet, broadcast 11-20-11) "My dad recognized the gunshot." (The former Miss Towner, now Mrs. Pender, says this while looking at a copy of Kennedy's limo in the location Max Holland has proposed Kennedy's limo was at the time of the first shot. The program does not quote her on the accuracy of this location, and it's obvious to any experienced researcher why they do not. At Holland's location the limo is a good 20 feet closer to Pender than the limo was at the end of her film, which she has consistently claimed ended BEFORE the first shot was fired! The program's creators then cut to her discussing the relative closeness of the limo to the curb, and use this to suggest the first shot hit the traffic light.) (11-22-11 news report and interview on KXAN, found on the KXAN.com website) "When I couldn't see anything but the back of the limo I stopped taking pictures," said Pender. 'About that time is when the first gunshot rang out. It sounded like firecrackers. That's what I thought was going on.' Pender's film is part of a new documentary by National Geographic, JFK: The Lost Bullet. The channel called on Austin-based Image Trends to restore several films from that day. 'We know that film captures a lot more than is normally shown,' said Image Trends CEO Dan Sullivan. The company normally uses a custom machine and software to restore Hollywood features. The restoration revealed several new details of that day. 'We were able to gather information about images beneath the bridge, the railroad bridge,' said Sullivan.'We found out we could capture the film at 10 times the normal exposure and look into the shadows and see there was no shooter on the grassy knoll.' The main coup was determining what happened to a missing third bullet. Witnesses including Pender recall hearing three shots. 'The first bullet was actually shot way before they thought, and it hit the traffic light,' said Sullivan. 'Consequently, we went back, looked at images of the traffic light, sure enough there was a hole.' (Sullivan's italicized comments confirm my earlier observation about Towner/Pender and her appearance in JFK: The Lost Bullet. Those working on the program KNEW she thought the first shot was fired when the limo was further down the street than where they claimed it had been, and hid this from their viewers!) Analysis: as Towner’s film concludes approximately 1 ½ seconds before Z-160 (Dale Myers' study of the films indicates it was more like 2.2 seconds), and as she said she was beginning to leave when she heard the first shot, it makes more sense for her to have heard this shot at Z-190 or afterward, than at Z-160. Additionally, if this first crack was as loud as she says it was, and at Z-160, it seems that more than one or two people would have looked around. It bears noting that Sixth Floor Museum Curator Gary Mack has used Towner as evidence the first shot was fired circa Z-160. To do this, however, he claims Towner has "always been specific" that the first shot came a second or two after she stopped filming--an assertion unsupported by her earliest statements. He also inches the timing of the shot she heard up a bit by claiming she stopped filming a second or two before Zapruder started filming at Z-133, when even Dale Myers, to whom Mack usually defers, acknowledges she stopped filming less than one second before Zapruder started filming. (Myers says it was .7 seconds). Probable first shot 190-224.

And now, a brief rant. Sullivan's comments in the KXAN report on Pender deserve closer scrutiny. Sullivan told KXAN there had been a hole in the traffic light, while in the program Max Holland had only claimed it was a "white spot." This suggests that Holland and the program's producers had failed to tell Sullivan of a technical report presented on Holland's website on 11-20-11, the day the program was broadcast. In it, Holland admitted that in June 2011 the producers of JFK: The Lost Bullet had obtained and studied a traffic light identical to the one Sullivan claimed had been hit by a bullet on 11-22-63, and had concluded: "After hanging the exemplar light and viewing it from roughly the same perspective as the USSS training film, the view through the drilled “bullet” hole showed that the intervening base lip, that was presumed to form a deflection surface, obscures the view. The viewing also revealed that a gap opening exists in the corner between the right and bottom back plates and produces a visible unobstructed hole in the same location as the “possible bullet hole” that was observed in the USSS training film. Consequently, the hole was eliminated as a possible bullet hole."

But that wasn't all. The report then admitted that in September 2011 the producers had contracted with the HP White Laboratory to fire shots from a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle at the traffic light to see if it was possible a bullet had been deflected by the light without leaving a hole. This was their conclusion: "All three test firings revealed that an exemplar Eagle signal could deflect a bullet from its flight path, but could not do so without sustaining very visible damage. It appears that if Oswald’s first shot had been deflected by the Eagle signal, the damage to the traffic light would have been easily observable from a street level position. It surely would have been noticed in the wake of the assassination."

Holland's theory had thus been shot to pieces, both figuratively and literally, even before the program pushing his theory had aired! And by the very producers of the program! And yet they'd failed to tell this to their TV audience! And had opted instead to let the truth slip out via Holland's website! And not only that--they'd kept it from others--like Sullivan--who'd not only worked on the program, but had thought they'd helped prove a bullet had hit the traffic light, and had even bragged about it to reporters! Well, by gosh, shouldn't there be a law against this, deliberately deceiving the public?

Oh, by the way, if you're worried about Holland, don't be... Having his traffic light deflection theory shot to pieces led him not to abandon his early shot lunacy, as one might hope, but to wonder if the bullet hadn't hit the mast arm to the traffic light on a five foot section of the mast arm currently obscured by signage. Well, bravo for Holland. He is living proof that supposedly credible historians can be every bit as wacky as the wackiest conspiracy theorists. We need more like him...

What few yet realize about the program is that its creators had decided its central thesis--that a bullet had hit the traffic signal--was WRONG--and that they had done so weeks before the program aired. So WHY NOT change it at the last minute?

And now, a brief rant. Sullivan's comments in the KXAN report on Pender deserve closer scrutiny. Sullivan told KXAN there had been a hole in the traffic light, while in the program Max Holland had only claimed it was a "white spot." This suggests that Holland and the program's producers had failed to tell Sullivan of a technical report presented on Holland's website on 11-20-11, the day the program was broadcast. In it, Holland admitted that in June 2011 the producers of JFK: The Lost Bullet had obtained and studied a traffic light identical to the one Sullivan claimed had been hit by a bullet on 11-22-63, and had concluded: "After hanging the exemplar light and viewing it from roughly the same perspective as the USSS training film, the view through the drilled "bullet" hole showed that the intervening base lip, that was presumed to form a deflection surface, obscures the view. The viewing also revealed that a gap opening exists in the corner between the right and bottom back plates and produces a visible unobstructed hole in the same location as the "possible bullet hole" that was observed in the USSS training film. Consequently, the hole was eliminated as a possible bullet hole."

But that wasn't all. The report then admitted that in September 2011 the producers had contracted with the HP White Laboratory to fire shots from a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle at the traffic light to see if it was possible a bullet had been deflected by the light without leaving a hole. This was their conclusion: "All three test firings revealed that an exemplar Eagle signal could deflect a bullet from its flight path, but could not do so without sustaining very visible damage. It appears that if Oswald's first shot had been deflected by the Eagle signal, the damage to the traffic light would have been easily observable from a street level position. It surely would have been noticed in the wake of the assassination."

Holland's theory had thus been shot to pieces, both figuratively and literally, even before the program pushing his theory had aired! And by the very producers of the program! And yet they'd failed to tell this to their TV audience! And had opted instead to let the truth slip out via Holland's website! And not only that--they'd kept it from others--like Sullivan--who'd not only worked on the program, but had thought they'd helped prove a bullet had hit the traffic light, and had even bragged about it to reporters! Well, by gosh, shouldn't there be a law against this, deliberately deceiving the public?

Oh, by the way, if you're worried about Holland, don't be... Having his traffic light deflection theory shot to pieces led him not to abandon his early shot lunacy, as one might hope, but to wonder if the bullet hadn't hit the mast arm to the traffic light on a five foot section of the mast arm currently obscured by signage. Well, bravo for Holland. He is living proof that supposedly credible historians can be every bit as wacky as the wackiest conspiracy theorists. We need more like him...

In other words, the whole premise of the program was discovered to be false before it aired.

Max can still change the title for the benefit of posterity: " The Lost Bullet ... oh, Never mind"

Thanks for the update, Pat.

Is this right?

Closer than most!

Being:

Tom.

The above which, at a minimum: a *cover-up* in the murder of JFK. Thanks for your work Tom Purvis! Have a nice holiday.

Hopefully, at some point, The Sixth Floor Museum will place on display the relatively simple forensic; ballistic; pathological; and physical facts which demonstrate the factuality of the above.

And yes, the WC is, was, and will always remain an intentional coverup of the simple facts of the assassination.

Tom

P.S. Personally, since Lyndal Shaneyfelt was involved, I would not (and have not) completely discard the conceptial idea of alteration to the Z-film.

Is this right?

(see the cone-shaped/flat based fragment contained within CE840) (weight=0.9 grain)---(4.5mm in diameter)

(Ripped through the upper lobes of the brain.---Fragment (upon exiting skull) struck JBC's wrist.)

(Passed through JFK's head (rear to front), exited in already damaged area, completely massive fracturing of the skull, exited to strike JBC in the back.

It only "disappeared" after it was surgically removed!