The Education Forum

Buell Wesley Frazier

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim DiEugenio, on 27 March 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

People like Aynesworth and Perry now babysit Wesley. And feature him as the guy who saw Oswald with the paper bag. When in fact, that was not what happened.

Don't forget Gary Mack babysitting Frazier by interviewing him for the 6th floor Oral History Project.

(By not asking him tough questions, for example...)

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Living History Series: Buell Wesley Frazier

Saturday, Jul 13 2:00p to 3:00p

The Sixth Floor Museum

Dallas, TX

The Living History series links the past to the present through individuals who witnessed the assassination of President John F. Kennedy or other historic events of the 1960s. An employee of the Texas School Book Depository, Frazier occasionally drove Lee Harvey Oswald to work, including Nov. 22, 1963. Frazier witnessed the assassination and was extensively questioned by Dallas investigators.

http://listings.dall...-wesley-frazier

Thanks for posting the link, Michael. It's kind of what I expected. Frazier standing by his story about the bag...but no mention that Frazier also felt the last two shots came bang-bang, and came from west of the building.

Jim, this has come up in some other threads but basically we know that Frazier took the polygraph from an FBI memo on it, not

a DPD report as far as I know. The FBI report discusses it and most importantly states that the original bag from the TSBD was

taken to the polygraph session, showed to Frazier and he adamantly said it was not the bag carried by Oswald just that morning.

Of course that may explain why the DPD side of the polygraph seems to have gone missing --

Anyway, that's my recollection of it. Larry

Larry's right, IMO. If the polygraph disappeared, and this was not standard operating procedure, it was most probably because the DPD didn't want it in the record that Frazier passed a polygraph while stating the bag was too small to hold the rifle.

As far as today's Dallas Morning News article, it incorrectly claims the paper bag found in the building was smeared with gun oil. I sent them a correction notice. We'll see if they straighten it out.

From The Dallas Morning News

Co-worker who drove Oswald to school book depository recounts Dallas' darkest day

by Scott K Parks

April 1, 2013

http://www.dallasnew...darkest-day.ece

From the article:

To this day, Frazier insists that the package Oswald took to work wasn’t long enough or big enough around to hold a rifle — even if its stock had been disassembled from the barrel.

The Warren Commission concluded that Frazier’s memory was faulty — that Oswald was carrying the rifle used to shoot JFK. Wrapping paper smeared with gun oil was found near the sniper’s sixth-floor perch, as was the weapon.

Still, Frazier stands by his story.

“I don’t know how the rifle got in the building,” he said last week, adding: “They kept trying to get me to change my testimony.”

Frazier's steadfast insistence that the package Oswald brought to work that morning was too short is pretty impressive. Makes it much harder to see him (Frazier) in a suspicious light.

Considering the guy sitting next to him, at his elbow, no its not.

Protesting that the package Oswald brought to work could not have contained the rifle is hardly cleaving to the Aynesworth-Perry script, is it?

Sean, they couldn't break him with the alleged polygraph because he was telling the truth. Oswald's lunch bag was too small.

But no one asked asked him about HIS lunch bag.

Greg, Jim,

I have no illusions about Aynesworth/Perry. But why on earth would they be permitting--still less encouraging--Frazier to go out in public and reiterate loudly a memory of events that undermines a key plank in the case against Oswald? Seems to me their influence over him must be very far from total.

Edited by Sean Murphy

Greg, Jim,

I have no illusions about Aynesworth/Perry. But why on earth would they be permitting--still less encouraging--Frazier to go out in public and reiterate loudly a memory of events that undermines a key plank in the case against Oswald? Seems to me their influence over him must be very far from total.

Sean,

IMHO one little thing that undermines Frazier's overall credibility a wee bit is the fact that when he asked Oswald on 11/21/63 why Oswald wanted to go to Irving that evening, Oswald told him that he wanted to pick up some curtain rods. Then on the morning of the very next day Frazier saw the package on the back seat and instead of saying, "Are those the curtain rods you told me about yesterday, Lee?," had to ask Oswald what was in the package!

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Greg, Jim,

Sean, I never invoked Aynesworth's name. Though I think it matters not a whit that Frazier maintains the parcel was too small. He was telling a truth that did not hurt him personally and does not hurt the official story since that verdict was made long ago.

My point was, Oswald was not the only person in that car with a "lunch bag" and no one ever asked Frazier under a polygraph or cross examination or even just informally, how big his own lunch sack was.

We now know there is a distinct possibility that Oswald was dropped off at the Elm St building before Frazier went to the parking lot. Maybe Frazier did not want his passenger see HIM get a package off the back seat?

Greg, Jim,

Sean,

IMHO one little thing that undermines Frazier's overall credibility a wee bit is the fact that when he asked Oswald on 11/21/63 why Oswald wanted to go to Irving that evening, Oswald told him that he wanted to pick up some curtain rods. Then on the morning of the very next day Frazier saw the package on the back seat and instead of saying, "Are those the curtain rods you told me about yesterday, Lee?," had to ask Oswald what was in the package!

--Tommy :sun

Hardly, Tommy.