The Education Forum

The world's most widely referenced, evidence-based natural medicine resource, available to everyone

Health Guide: GMO Research

The world's most widely referenced, evidence-based natural medicine resource, available to everyone

---------------------o---------------------- (link below put it in your favorites)

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/guide/health-guide-gmo-research

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This section is dedicated to making the public more aware of the adverse health and environmental consequences of recombinant DNA technologies when applied to food production.

Our database contains two relevant sections on genetically modified foods: 1) research "nodes," which include the problematic action "genetically modified organisms," as well as keyword sections such as "gmo's and horizontal gene transfer," all of which consist of bundled abstracts of studies from peer-reviewed and published scientific journals (NLM sourced). 2) Op-ed articles written about the research contained with the first section described.

The goal of our research project is to index, organize and disseminate the often under-reported and/or minimized research on the unintended and adverse effects of genetic modification.

Key: CK(#) = Cumulative Knowledge, a measure of evidence quality or strength AC(#) = Article Count, the number of articles that have accumulated on the topic thus far.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

======================================================

Relevant Database SectionsAnti Therapeutic Actions

Genetically Modified Organisms : CK(41) : AC(26)

Vaccination: GMO Vaccines : CK(1) : AC(1)

Problem Substances

Glyphosate : CK(336) : AC(90)

Roundup (herbicide) : CK(280) : AC(78)

Additional Keywords

Gmo's and Horizontal Gene Transfer : CK(5) : AC(3)

Latest Relevant ArticleGenotoxic effects of the herbicide Roundup(®) have been observed in the fish species Corydoras paleatus after short-term, environmentally low concentration exposure.

Click here to see the entire article

Pubmed Data : Environ Monit Assess. 2012 Jul 22. Epub 2012 Jul 22. PMID: 22821326

Article Published Date : Jul 21, 2012

Study Type : Animal Study, Environmental

Additional Links

Diseases : Glyphosate Toxicity : CK(17) : AC(4)

Problem Substances : Glyphosate : CK(336) : AC(90), Glyphosate formulations : CK(342) : AC(103), Roundup (herbicide) : CK(280) : AC(78)

Adverse Pharmacological Actions : Aquacidal : CK(2) : AC(1), Genotoxic : CK(109) : AC(50)

GMO Articles

========

Is GMO Farming Poisoning The World's Drinking Water?

Written by Sayer Ji, founder

GMO farming practices heavily dependent upon glyphosate herbicide formulations such as Roundup have serious, unintended adverse effects on human and environmental health. New research indicates glyphosate does not break down rapidly, as the manufacturer claimed, but is accumulating in the groundwater -the source for most of the world's drinking water.

Surprise! Monsanto-Funded Research Finds Their Products Safe

It appears that corporations such as Monsanto can special order "research" from susceptible researchers and/or research institutions and use peer-reviewed journals to transform their propaganda into seemingly legitimate scientific opinion.

========

Un-Earthed: Is Monsanto's Glyphosate Destroying The Soil?

2011-2012 have been watershed years, as far as scientific revelations into the nature and extent of the damage associated with glyphosate herbicide usage and exposure is concerned. But new findings indicate the problem may be far worse than previously understood. The very soil, the foundation for the entire food chain upon which we depend, may be at risk of irreversible adverse changes.

========

Breaking News: Monsanto To Face Biopiracy Charges In India

In an unprecedented decision, India's National Biodiversity Authority (NBA), a government agency, declared legal action against Monsanto (and their collaborators) for accessing and using local eggplant varieties to develop their Bt genetically engineered version1 without prior approval of the competent authorities, which is considered an act of "biopiracy."

=========

Monsanto-Funded Science Denies Emerging Roundup-Cancer Link

Monsanto-funded research has been proliferating as uncontrollably as their genetically modified (GM) plants, and the bugs resistant to them, of late. Two studies have appeared in scientific journals in the past eight months, both funded by Monsanto, and both discrediting a Roundup herbicide-cancer link.

=========

Research: Roundup Diluted by 450-Fold is Still Toxic to DNA

New research released ahead of print and published in the journal Archives of Toxicology (peer reviewed) indicates that Roundup, the most common formulation of glyphosate, which is the largest selling herbicide in the world, is not only more toxic than its constituent ingredients, but is capable of damaging DNA within a human cell line when diluted down to 45,000% lower concentrations than presently used in GMO agriculture applications.

==========

Will Monsanto's Weedkiller Destroy Raw & Fermented Milk?

New research indicates that the microbial biodiversity of the soil and our food is being dramatically impacted by the use of herbicides like glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller. Researchers have proposed that many soil organisms, which are indispensable for the productivity of the soil in agriculture, as well as in raw and fermented dairy production, may be undergoing endangerment, if not also in some cases extinction in certain geographic regions of the world.

Edited by Steven Gaal

One thing that raises my eyebrows about sites like this that they inevitably have some sort of financial stake in the alternative treatments they champion. Oddly they claim to be "entirely solar-powered" and ask for donations because " carrying costs incurred by a state-of-the-art solar-powered dedicated server are now well over $500 a month." but a link on the same page indicates it is a "SITE HOSTED WITH HYDROPOWER" which leads to page claiming to offer "lighting fast servers hosted with 100% hydro power". Wow they really are environmentally conscious 200% of the energy to run their servers come from renewable sources! Also the most expensive package the server site offers starts "at $ 17.99 USD Monthly" that's 1/28 of "over $500" it offers 20 gB of space and 250 gB data transfer, do they really transfer over 7 terabytes of data a month? This reminds me of the scam in the Producers or even more so and old episode of Law and Order, the owner of the site should be careful the victim in that show was killed over his participation in a similar scam.

THE SITE IS FREE for BROWSING

If you want copied and organized citations there is a monthly fee.

PLEASE PUT ON YOUR FAVORITES AND LOOK AT FROM TIME TO TIME TO UNDERSTAND HEALTH+FOOD+MEDICINE ISSUES WITHOUT THE CORPORATE BS.

---------------------------o0o------------------------

THERE ARE INTERNET SCAMS, AS EXAMPLED BELOW

blogger posting 10-8-2011 @ 01:16 PM by halfsorry

For almost five years, I was a paid Internet xxxxx. Yes, I admit.

But first let me state that I never performed my job here on ATS, though I believe I have occasionally seen a handful on here who were using a script similar to what I was assigned.

I cannot and will not name names, but after an internship at a firm with government and political party (Republican) contracts, I was offered the position of "Online Communications Associate" at another company by someone from the original firm for which I interned. My contract completed one year ago, and I have since moved on.

Utilizing six artificial personas, I was active in social networks and bulletin boards. But since I came to love and respect this site, as I stated, I never performed my functions here. Each week, I and presumably several others, were provided with information to use in our online postings. At first the information was comprised of fully conceived scripts, but as I became more and more experienced, it eventually became simple bullet or talking points.

At first I needed to provide links to my postings, but when the company name changed (never knew the real names of any people there), that requirement stopped.

The pay wasn't very good, but since I was working from my apartment, I suppose it wasn't bad and I was able to do several other writing assignments on the side.

AMA

THE SITE IS FREE for BROWSING

If you want copied and organized citations there is a monthly fee.

PLEASE PUT ON YOUR FAVORITES AND LOOK AT FROM TIME TO TIME TO UNDERSTAND HEALTH+FOOD+MEDICINE ISSUES WITHOUT THE CORPORATE BS.

http://www.greenmedi...esearch

They sell ads, beg for donations and offer links to their sponsors, it seems to a one man operation run by a man with no demostrable expertise or experience in the subjects he covers. I note you haven't even tried to rationalize the funny math on the site. Soon I expect he will claim the site is 100% windpowered and then 100% tidal powered meaning 400% of its electricity comes from renewable sources. And he will continue to beg for donations claiming to have server costs disproportionate for such a low traffic site made almost entirely of text and low res. images.

http://www.alexa.com...eenmedinfo.com#

---------------------------o0o------------------------

THERE ARE INTERNET SCAMS, AS EXAMPLED BELOW

blogger posting 10-8-2011 @ 01:16 PM by halfsorry

For almost five years, I was a paid Internet xxxxx. Yes, I admit.

But first let me state that I never performed my job here on ATS, though I believe I have occasionally seen a handful on here who were using a script similar to what I was assigned.

I cannot and will not name names, but after an internship at a firm with government and political party (Republican) contracts, I was offered the position of "Online Communications Associate" at another company by someone from the original firm for which I interned. My contract completed one year ago, and I have since moved on.

Utilizing six artificial personas, I was active in social networks and bulletin boards. But since I came to love and respect this site, as I stated, I never performed my functions here. Each week, I and presumably several others, were provided with information to use in our online postings. At first the information was comprised of fully conceived scripts, but as I became more and more experienced, it eventually became simple bullet or talking points.

At first I needed to provide links to my postings, but when the company name changed (never knew the real names of any people there), that requirement stopped.

The pay wasn't very good, but since I was working from my apartment, I suppose it wasn't bad and I was able to do several other writing assignments on the side.

AMA

So some obscure anonymous guy (?) makes claims for which he (?) offers no evidence and refuses to identify any participants, but Gaal believes, he believes hallelujah, hallelujah!

Edited by Len Colby

Fake forum comments are 'eroding' trust in the web

--------------------------------------BBC 11/24/11 ---------------------------------------------

Fakes in comment forums and social networks can erode trust in what we see online

Trust in information on the web is being damaged by the huge numbers of people paid by companies to post comments online, say researchers.

Fake posters can "poison" debate and make people unsure about who they can trust, the study suggests.

Some firms have created tens of thousands of fake accounts to flood chat forums and skew debate.

The researchers say there are reliable ways to spot fakes and urge websites to do more to police users.

The researchers from Canada and China say paying people to post comments is an "interesting strategy in business marketing" but it is not a benign activity.

"Paid posters may create a significant negative effect on the online communities, since the information from paid posters is usually not trustworthy," they wrote.

Battles

In some cases, rival companies have used competing armies of workers to wage comment wars that confused members of the public looking for unbiased information.

The researchers say the fake comments can overwhelm some users, causing them to find it hard to trust any information found online.

They give the example of a spike in activity on a World of Warcraft chat forum on the Chinese website Baidu.

A thread titled "Junpeng Jia, your mother asked you to go back home for dinner!" received over 300,000 replies over a two day period.

A PR company later claimed it had employed 800 individuals to run 20,000 separate accounts on the site to help maintain interest in the videogame while it was down for maintenance.

Growing problem

While the practice of flooding forums with fake comments is most widespread in China, where such posters are called the Internet Water Army, it is becoming common in other nations too.

The US military is known to use fakes to infiltrate chat forums to gather information about potential terror groups.

Similarly many Facebook pages are plagued by bogus friends and "social bots" that are used to stage debates.

Many marketing firms also seed forums with comments in a bid to create "viral" interest in a company or event.

However, fakes can be spotted by analysing their patterns of activity and the words they use, say the researchers.

Fakes are more likely to start new comment threads, make inane comments rather than add to a debate, and repeat former comments with minor changes, the study suggests.

The researchers say they are refining software tools to help website administrators tackle the "painful" problem.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

see http://www.scribd.co...Percent-in-2009

YT SHILLS are PAID GOV'T EMPLOYEES, Pentagon spends $4.7 BILLION on INTERNET SHILLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xci40HZ8s

#############################

see

http://myparnasa.com...srael-bloggers/

Edited by Steven Gaal

Get back to us when you have evidence I am a paid shill (that what you are obviously driving at) and why don't have the balls to come out and say it directly?

More importantly see if you can't refute my criticism of the new age math on your favorite website.

Oddly they claim to be "entirely solar-powered" and ask for donations because " carrying costs incurred by a state-of-the-art solar-powered dedicated server are now well over $500 a month." but a link on the same page indicates it is a "SITE HOSTED WITH HYDROPOWER" which leads to page claiming to offer "lighting fast servers hosted with 100% hydro power". Wow they really are environmentally conscious 200% of the energy to run their servers come from renewable sources! Also the most expensive package the server site offers starts "at $ 17.99 USD Monthly" that's 1/28 of "over $500" it offers 20 gB of space and 250 gB data transfer, do they really transfer over 7 terabytes of data a month? This reminds me of the scam in the Producers or even more so and old episode of Law and Order, the owner of the site should be careful the victim in that show was killed over his participation in a similar scam. // END COLBY

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The hosting site that is directed to via click says 100 % Hydropower. So hosting site is 100% . So thats how the site is powered. I dont know were you

get 200 % ?? Thats your made up number. As to 500 dollars,the site says that they organize muti-files from numerous sources. This may lead to much data use. The $500 figure may also include the colltating fee of hosting site of said multi-files . Why not ask the man ?? Ive browsed the site and no one has reached into my wallet.

ANYWHO.....browse the site FREE.---------------------- (link below put it in your favorites)

o-o-o-o-

AND also DONT FORGET THIS SITE

The Institute for Responsible Technology

is a 501©(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization.

Donations to the Institute are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Privacy Policy

http://www.responsibletechnology.org/

Edited by Steven Gaal

Oddly they claim to be "entirely solar-powered" and ask for donations because " carrying costs incurred by a state-of-the-art solar-powered dedicated server are now well over $500 a month." but a link on the same page indicates it is a "SITE HOSTED WITH HYDROPOWER" which leads to page claiming to offer "lighting fast servers hosted with 100% hydro power". Wow they really are environmentally conscious 200% of the energy to run their servers come from renewable sources! Also the most expensive package the server site offers starts "at $ 17.99 USD Monthly" that's 1/28 of "over $500" it offers 20 gB of space and 250 gB data transfer, do they really transfer over 7 terabytes of data a month? This reminds me of the scam in the Producers or even more so and old episode of Law and Order, the owner of the site should be careful the victim in that show was killed over his participation in a similar scam. // END COLBY

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The hosting site that is directed to via click says 100 % Hydropower. So hosting site is 100% . So thats how the site is powered. I dont know were you get 200 % ?? Thats your made up number.

The host is the server, they claim to "entirely solar powered" and to run "solar powered servers" entirely = 100%, they also indicated they are "hydropowered" and the linked page says the servers are "100 % hyropowered". 100% + 100% = 200%.

As to 500 dollars,the site says that they organize muti-files from numerous sources. This may lead to much data use. The $500 figure may also include the colltating fee of hosting site of said multi-files .

I've never heard of a "collating fee", explain what that is, point to evidence web hosts charge them.

Why not ask the man ??

Why don't you? You keep plugging his site.

Ive browsed the site and no one has reached into my wallet.

He sells ads, links to sponsors and begs for donations.

Edited by Len Colby

He sells ads, links to sponsors and begs for donations. // Colby

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The site in question is an anti-establishment site. Colby again and again takes the establishment side.

I have no pecuniary interest in the site in question. I am an information hound and only want to post information that promotes the common good. Oddly some have a negative fetish about anti-establishment sites. I think the below articles are what the good citizen should have a concern with. I have never seen Colby cover the below issues but in pro establishment manner. ((Gaal )) (( see post # 5 above))

#########################################################

9/11 Became a Profit Center for America's National Security Agency

http://sacsis.org.za/site/article/1272

oooooooooooooooooo

9/11 and the $5 Trillion Aftermath

http://www.thefiscal...oice.aspx#page1

ooooooooooooooooooo

How private firms have cashed in on the climate of fear since 9/11

The past ten years have seen the growth of a national security industrial complex that melds government and business

http://www.guardian....firms-fear-9-11

Edited by Steven Gaal

He sells ads, links to sponsors and begs for donations. // Colby

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The site in question is an anti-establishment site. Colby again and again takes the establishment side.

I have no pecuniary interest in the site in question. I am an information hound and only want to post information that promotes the common good. Oddly some have a negative fetish about anti-establishment sites. I think the below articles are what the good citizen should have a concern with. I have never seen Colby cover the below issues but in pro establishment manner. ((Gaal )) (( see post # 5 above))

#########################################################

9/11 Became a Profit Center for America's National Security Agency

http://sacsis.org.za/site/article/1272

oooooooooooooooooo

9/11 and the $5 Trillion Aftermath

http://www.thefiscal...oice.aspx#page1

ooooooooooooooooooo

How private firms have cashed in on the climate of fear since 9/11

The past ten years have seen the growth of a national security industrial complex that melds government and business

http://www.guardian....firms-fear-9-11

It might well be true that various nefarious groups exploited 9/11 for financial gain, in fact I'm sure some did. But this is irrelevant to determining weather or not the owner of the site you are touting is making money off of it. Until you or someone else can explain the funny math concerning how it is powered and what the operating costs are the most likely explanation is your hero is trying to pull some fast ones.

Simple answer ,owner in site in question confabulated by addition webmastering fee and data hosting fee. These are his total web costs

and he made a simple error . He is probably not as pecuniary or as nefarious as you suggest.

Edited by Steven Gaal

Simple answer ,owner in site in question confabulated by addition webmastering fee and data hosting fee. These are his total web costs

and he made a simple error . He is probably not as pecuniary or as nefarious as you suggest.

He stated explicietly these were the costs of running the server (i.e. data hosting) get back to us with evidence the "webmastering fee" could be so high. And your rationalisation didn't address his claims the servers were 100% solar and 100% hydro.