The Education Forum

Guest James H. Fetzer

Guest James H. Fetzer

“Mary’s Mosaic”: A litmus test of JFK research integrity

Jim Fetzer

“There are very few human beings who receive the truth, complete and staggering, by instant illumination. Most of them acquire it fragment by fragment, on a small scale, by successive developments, cellularly, like a laborious mosaic.”
Anis Nin

JFKMary1.jpg

Some issues within JFK research represent litmus tests that separate the competent from the frivolous, the courageous from the cowardly, and the honest from the dishonest, where some estimates have gone so far as to suggest that as much as 95% of members of the JFK research community are promoting an agenda to sow confusion and uncertainty, even in those cases where the evidence for a conclusion has made the question beyond reasonable doubt, precisely because, once the evidence has been properly understood, no alternative explanation is reasonable.

That, I submit, is the case in relation to the fabrication of the Zapruder film and the other home movies, as I have documented over and over again.

The 60 witnesses to the limo stop, a series of actions taken by Clint Hill, Officer James Chaney’s motoring forward (none of which are present in the extant film) and the blacking out of the fist-sized wound at the back of JFK’s head in frames after 313(but where the wound itself can actually be seen in later frames such as 374)–serves as a litmus test that differentiates between researchers who are competent, courageous and honest from those who are not.

Another now appears to be the murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer, where the evidence of CIA complicity in her death, as in the assassination of JFK, persuasively presented by Peter Janney in Mary’s Mosaic (2012), is simply overwhelming. I submit that anyone who reads this book is going to be astonished at the depth, the passion and the intelligence with which it has been writtenand the rigor and detail with which it explains her assassination by the CIA.

Mary was the former wife of Cord Meyer, who began his career dedicated to the promotion of world peace but ended it working for the military-industrial-intelligence complex as the Director of Plans for the CIA.

In his “Last Confessions”, E. Howard Hunt confided in his son, St. John, that those who had been responsible for the death of JFK had included Lyndon B. Johnson, Cord Meyer, David Atlee Phillips, William Harvey, David Sanchez Morales and Frank Sturgis, among others. Cord Meyer and John F. Kennedy had both enjoyed enormous success early in their careers, where JFK would enter the political arena as a candidate for office, first as Senator from Massachusetts, later as President of the United States, while Cord would by induced by Allan Dulles to join the CIA.

Mary Pinchot was a remarkable woman who fascinated them both, where she would marry Cord Meyer but later divorce him and subsequently become involved with JFK in what was far more than an affair, where she appears to have become enormously important to him as he became a statesman for peace.

In the aftermath of his assassination, she became determined to expose those who had been responsible for his death, which led to her death, in turn, which, as Peter Janney explains, involved high-level officials of the CIA, including his own father, Wistar Janney, and James Jesus Angleton (who apparently authorized her murder), but where even Ben Bradlee, who was married to Mary’s sister, helped to cover it up.

MPM-Death-1-640x499.jpg

Mary was found on a towpath adjacent to a pond on 12 October 1964, which she used to walk from her Georgetown home to her artist’s studio, where she had been apprehended and, after a brief struggle, during which she cried out for help, was shot in the left temple.

Remarkably, the bullet did not kill her outright. She crawled to a nearby tree and tried to regain her footing, but was dragged back to the path and shot again, this time through her back and into her heart, killing her instantly.

Her cry for help had brought Henry Wiggins, who had come to fix a faux stalled Nash Rambler on the roadway above the crime scene, to look over the wall and observe a man standing over her, whom he described (and as was broadcast by the police) as a Negro male wearing a dark baseball cap, light-colored jacket and dark shoes, who appeared to be five feet eight or ten inches tall and weighing about 185 pounds (Mary’s Mosaic, p. 42).

When he was apprehended in the vicinity, however, Ray Crump was only partially attired as the person Wiggins had described. He was weighed in at five foot, five and a half inches tall and weighed 145 pounds, which may have been exaggerations, because his driver’s license showed him to be only five foot three and a half inches tall and weighing only 130 pounds (Mary’s Mosaic, p. 51).

Subsequently, a man who identified himself as “Lt. William L. Mitchell”, who claimed to have been jogging on the towpath and to have passed by a person fitting the description that Wiggins had provided (but whose name and identity would turn out to be fabrications), likewise described him as a Negro male, wearing a baseball cap, a light-colored jacked and dark shoes (Mary’s Mosaic, pp. 61-62).

When Ray Crump was apprehended, soaking wet, with his fly still open (from the sexual escapade he had been engaged in with “Vivian”, a married woman, who confirmed their tryst on the rocks not long before the murder in a sworn affidavit, but was unwilling to testify because she feared her husband would kill her if he found out; Mary’s Mosaic, pp. 95-96), he was wearing neither the baseball cap nor the light-colored jacket, which had been temporarily lost when he had fallen into the water upon awakening on the rocks.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to realize that both Wiggins and “Mitchell” are describing someone other than Ray Crump, who was not only substantially shorter and far lighter in weight than the man Wiggins, in particular, had described, but could not have been wearing the dark baseball cap or the light-colored jacket at the time.

As “Vivian” had confirmed, they had been having a sexual dalliance on the rocks. He had fallen asleep and she had departed, where he lost them both in the water when he awakened disoriented and fell into the pond.

The police and the DA’s Office realized that they had a weak case, where there was no forensic evidence that tied Ray Crump to the crime: there was no weapon; he did not own a gun; his height and weight did not match; even the jacket, when recovered from the water, had no signs of blood, even though they believed the killer would have been coated with it.

While there was a trace of lipstick on his jacket (which was no doubt Vivian’s or even Ray’s wife’s), they did not pursue itand even acknowledged in a memorandum that their case against Ray Crump “was very weak” (Mary’s Mosaic, p. 398).

Nevertheless, they assigned their strongest, most aggressive prosecutor, Al Huntman, Assistant Chief of the Criminal Division, US Attorney’s Office, Washington, DC, to the case.

While Ray Crump was defended by a brilliant attorney, Dovey Roundtree, who emphasized the kinds of discrepancies that I have noted here, it is difficult to believe that anyone today, unless they have either an inadequate understanding of the evidence or a powerful bias against truth and justice, would continue to maintain Ray Crump had actually committed the crime (CTKA review).

Even then, in the highly impoverished state of the evidence, Dovey was able to create sufficient reasonable doubt that Ray Crump was unanimously acquitted at trial.

And, as readers will discover for themselves, the additional evidence that Peter Janney was able to uncover makes the case for Ray Crump’s innocence simply overwhelming and beyond reasonable doubt. I am aghast at the dimensions of the distortions in this review.

Lisa Pease, the closest collaborator of Jim DiEugenio, begins her review as follows: “Peter Janney wrote a book entitled Mary’s Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and their Vision for World Peace.

“From the subtitle, researchers can be forgiven for thinking that Janney’s book is a serious contribution to our side, as many of us believe that the CIA killed John Kennedy in part because he was trying to end the Cold War and rein in covert operations.

“But Janney’s book is such a frustrating mix of fact, fiction, speculation and unverifiable data that I (Lisa Pease) cannot recommend this book. Indeed, I’d rather it came with a warning label attached” (CTKA review). However, having investigated more than one strange death myself, I (Jim Fetzer) must say that I find these introductory passages both grotesque and irresponsible.

Given the consideration that, by the end of Mary’s Mosaic, the actual assassin had actually confessed and explained in detail how it had been done and that Peter Janney has convincingly established the complicity of the CIAwhich had to silence Mary Meyer, because she was uncovering its role in the assassination of JFK and was in a position to do something about itI find her complaints to be virtually incomprehensible.

While Lisa Pease does her very best to create the impression that Ray Crump (who had no motive) could actually have committed the crime, the kinds of things she says about Peter Janney’s brilliant book (where Peter had known Mary in his childhood and whose research would lead led him to the agonizing realization that his own father had been complicit), which is a completely unwarranted characterization of Mary’s Mosaic, appear to me to be completely justified in relation to her own review, where I (Jim Fetzer) would fashion a parallel complaint about her review as follows:

“Researchers can be forgiven for thinking that Lisa Pease’s CTKA review is a serious contribution to JFK research. Mary’s Mosaic provides ample substantiation that the CIA killed John Kennedy in part because he was trying to end the Cold War and rein in covert operations. But her review of Peter Janney’s book is such a frustrating mix of fact, fiction, speculation and unverifiable data I cannot recommend it. I’d rather that it came with a warning label attached”.

Indeed, it is inconceivable to me that anyone who has actually read the book completely to its end, where crucial aspects of what Peter Janney reports there about uncovering the actual plot to murder Mary Pinchot Meyer
are presented, could continue to regard Ray Crump as anyone other than the “patsy”.

Since those include the detailed confession of the actual assassin, who was the very “Lt. William L. Mitchell”,
who explains how it had been done, including the use of spotters and luring the auto repair man to the scene to witness Mary’s screams, I am baffled how anyone
could entertain reasonable doubts about it.

There is no reasonable alternative explanation for what happened to Mary and, instead of attempting to debunk his landmark research, she and her associate ought to be touting it as a major contribution to JFK research, which I would liken to an insider’s view that confirms the findings of Noel Twyman, Bloody Treason (1997).

What also stuns me is that I find a pattern emerging from the work of Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugeio. I have had several encounters with Jim over the years, one of which occurred some time back on an extended thread devoted to Judyth Vary Baker, who has authored Me & Lee (2010).

Jim DiEugenio sought to debunk a fascinating report of a woman who remained sitting in a car during the visit of Lee Oswald to State Representative Reeves Morgan–whom Judyth claims to have been herself–whose presence was witnessed by his daughter, Mary, where Mary’s report surfaced during the trial of Clay Shaw.

Jim DiEugenio attempted to debunk Mary’s corroborating testimony on the ground that she had later repudiated it, which, as I observed to him at the time, was a violation of the principle that earlier testimony is preferable to later, especially when witnesses have been subjected to pressure to change it.

And, in another case, I faulted the biased research of Jefferson Morley and David Talbot related to the presence of CIA officials at the Ambassador Hotel at the time of Bobby’s shootinghe would die the following daywhere I had to reprimand Jim for his irresponsible acceptance of their shameless efforts to whitewash the identifications, which was supported by overwhelmingly more evidence than they produced against it.

Why Lisa Pease would attempt to cast doubt on Peter Janney’s thoroughly researched and meticulously documented study, which carefully ties together the murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer, the CIA and the assassination of JFK, is difficult to fathom.

But there is a troubling pattern here, which suggests to me that, whatever their motives may be, Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugenio, who has been praising Lisa’s review, appear to be undermining research (and not in this case only) concerning major advances in our understanding of the modus operandi of the CIA in events of this kind.

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Guest Tom Scully

Uhhhh....Dr. Fetzer, you have not convinced me that Jim or Lisa are the problem here....

FREDERICK WM JANNEY

‎New York Times - Jan 20, 1979

Frederick Wistar M. Janney, director of personnel of the Central Intelligence Agency, died yesterday of a heart attack while playing squash at the Metropolitan .

Janney's mother, Mary Draper Janney, was recently associated with the Woods Hole Institute / Corporation along with former intelligence officers Thomas J Devine, Kenneth S. "Mike" Safe, and

http://www.whoi.edu/...=3622&cid=57226

Weston "Dusty" Howland Jr., 85, of Weston, Mass., a

World War II intelligence officer,philanthropist,and Boston investment guru, died

on May 8, 2009. Mr. Howland grew up in Milton, Mass. His family founded

Warwick Mills in New Hampshire, which made parachutes during World War II and

makes body armor today. He was chairman of Warwick Mills from 1989 until his

death. He graduated from Milton Academy in 1943, enlisted in the Army, and

rose from private to lieutenant in the OSS during tours of duty in China,

Burma, and India. He graduated from Harvard in 1949 and founded Howland

Capital Management in 1968. Mr. Howland was a trustee at Tufts University for

25 years and was awarded an honorary doctorate there in 1990. Each year, the

university confers the Weston Howland Jr. Award for Distinguished National

Leadership. Page 61 in memoriam He helped found the New England Aquarium in

1969, was a member of the Woods Hold Oceanographic Institution executive

committee, was active in conservation efforts on Martha's Vineyard, and

funded educational fellowships at a number of institutions with which he was involved.

The New England Aquarium founding group and personal foundation sponsor are Paul Hellmuth of

Hale & Dorr and Robert G Stone, Jr.. Brother David Stone was affiliated with both men and founding the aquarium and with CIA funding of domestic fronts. Hellmuth ran covert CIA agent, Dr. Tom Dooley. Thomas Devine was a director of the Stone brothers' Stonetex.

40 Years of the New England Aquarium

www.neaq.org/about_us/financial_information/.../NEAqAR08.pdf

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

David B. Stone, made this comment about our mission: “The ... The New England Aquarium would not have been able to accomplish all that it has over the years or ...... G. Stone Fund. (1971), Paul F. Hellmuth Fund (1984), Helen B. Spaulding ......

Is the CIA candidate, Romney, running for president. almost out in the open?

Team Member - Thomas J. Tierney

www.bridgespan.org/about/teammemberdetails.aspx?id=276

Thomas J. Tierney Chairman and Co-founder, Bridgespan Group. ... During 2000, he stepped down as Bain & Company's chief executive to ... The Hoover Institution, and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. ... He served as a field engineer for Bechtel International in North Africa before entering business school.

BW Online | February 7, 1994 | MITT ROMNEY COULD BE TEDDY'S ...

www.businessweek.com/archives/1994/b335740.arc.htm

Romney ended his role last year, and today Bain is on the upswing. "Mitt saved our company," says Thomas J. Tierney, Bain's worldwide managing director.

Peter Janney's brother, Christopher D. Janney is married to Edward Perry Hunt's spokesperson, Terrell Lamb.

Guest James H. Fetzer

Tom,

I'm sure I must be missing something here. I have just read through the other thread, which you initiated, and thought that the post by Michael Hogan, Nathaniel Heidenheimer, Billy Kelly, and especially Robert Charles-Dunne were very appropriate. I also agree with Doug Caddy that Peter Janney's rebuttal was "something that has needed to be said for a long time". But I must admit that I find your style of posting rather opaque. Tell me more.

Jim

Tom,

I'm sure I must be missing something here. I have just read through the other thread, which you initiated, and thought that the post by Michael Hogan, Nathaniel Heidenheimer, Billy Kelly, and especially Robert Charles-Dunne were very appropriate. I also agree with Doug Caddy that Peter Janney's rebuttal was "something that has needed to be said for a long time". But I must admit that I find your style of posting rather opaque. Tell me more.

Jim

There are at least three other threads on Mary Meyer and Peter Janney's book. The thread Jim Fetzer is referring to was initiated by John Simkin, not Tom Scully.

http://educationforu...showtopic=19058

What possible reason is there to start yet another thread?

I find Jim Fetzer's decision to start a new thread with the deliberately provocative proclamation that Mary's Mosaic is a litmus test of JFK research integrity to be offensive.

Particularly so in light of comments he has made about other EF members in the past.

If members feel constrained to comment on Peter Janney's book or the CTKA articles, I hope they will do it on the other thread and ignore this one.

Guest Tom Scully

Well, Michael, Dr. Jim Fetzer posts he must be missing something here. My research persuades me that Peter Janney is either clueless beyond belief, or his agenda is suspect, his message is suspect, and his criticism of Pease and DiEugenio is suspect,

and so is Fetzer's. I have no budget, no research staff, only curiousity, determination, and free access to some old newspaper archives....

Annual Report

books.google.com Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution - 2006 - Snippet view

.....Thomas J. Devine William Everdell, ... M. Hoch Robert F. Hoerle Lilli S. Hornig Weston Howland, Jr. James B.Hurlock Columbus O. Iselin, Jr. Mary D.Janney George F.Jewett, ....

Continuing from my last post on this thread, it is interesting to me that Janney's mother and other former intelligence officers have been so committed to the Woods Hole Institute, the New England Aquarium, and certainly rubbed shoulders with the son of "Mrs. Weston Howland of Milton. How many coincidental links will have to surface, related to Mr. Bush and his close friend, Mr. Devine, before Bush's eulogy on the occasion of the funeral of Jerry Ford is finally described in corporate media as what it was, a farce!

I'm surprised that no one seems interested in how far back the ancestors of Michael Paine go and how firmly entrenched they are in the power structure. I dealt with that in some articles on my website.

http://www.minormusi...Drugs/Mask.html

THE FORBES CONNECTION

TO THE KILLING OF JFK

Ralph and Elise Cabot Forbes' daughter was Ruth Forbes, who first married the son of a minister, George Lyman Paine, and had one son named Michael Paine. Ruth's brother, William Cameron Forbes, was an American business executive and diplomat, born in Milton, Mass. in 1870, but spent much of his career in the Far East. He entered the mercantile house of his grandfather, John Murray Forbes, in Boston, becoming a partner there, after the end of Teddy Roosevelt's "splendid little war," in 1899.

Teddy appointed him in 1904 to the Philippine Commission, and he held several administrative posts in the islands before he served (1909-13) as governor-general and as a member of the Wood-Forbes Mission sent in 1921 by President Harding to the Philippines. Chairman in 1930 of a commission to study conditions in Haiti, he then went as ambassador to Japan during the Manchurian crisis, and in 1935 led an economic mission to East Asia.

Concurrently with these events, in 1902 Clarence Barron, representing Boston's powerful State Street, purchased Dow Jones & Company for $130,000. At the time of the purchase, Barron was publishing business bulletins in Boston and Philadelphia, which were merged into Dow Jones & Co. In 1907, the step-daughter of Clarence Barron, Jane Waldron Barron, married Hugh Bancroft, son of General William A. Bancroft (Harvard 1878), who was first elected mayor of Cambridge, Mass. in 1893 and reelected three times. He was chairman of the Brahmin-owned Boston Elevated Railway, and was a member of the Board of Overseers of Harvard University from 1893 to 1903. Hugh Bancroft also attended Harvard, where he was admitted to the elite Hasty Pudding Club. In 1912, Bancroft was made treasurer of Dow Jones, the holding company of the Journal. He became president in 1928, upon Clarence Barron's death. By that time, Bancroft and his family controlled the majority of Dow Jones & Company's shares. The Bancroft descendants have continued among the most significant shareholders of Dow Jones and the Wall Street Journal.

THE MYSTERIOUS MICHAEL PAINE

Michael Paine, sixth in descent from Robert Treat Paine, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, was also a great-great-grandson of Ralph Waldo Emerson. His mother's grandfather William Hathaway Forbes, was the first president of the American Bell Telephone Company after the company consolidated a number of local telephone networks. His son, Ralph Emerson Forbes, left an estate of $2.5 million in 1937, in which Ruth had a share. Ralph's brother, Ruth's "Uncle Cam," (Harvard 1892), had started his career as a clerk with Jackson & Curtis, before moving to work as a partner in John Murray Forbes & Co. He was elected a director of AT&T, United Fruit, and Stone & Webster, Inc. in order to look after the family's large holdings in those companies. He was also appointed to the Philippine Commission and as vice governor of the Islands until 1913. After that he was a receiver of a Brazilian railway, and a presidential appointee to "study conditions" in the Philippines and in Haiti. He served as an Overseer of Harvard during 1914-20, then became a life member of MIT Corporation. From 1930-32 he was Ambassador to Japan. [Who's Who in America, 1954-55].

Michael Paine was descended from the Cabots on both his father's and his mother's side; he was thus a second cousin once removed of Thomas Dudley Cabot and a cousin of Alexander Cochrane Forbes, who married a daughter of Warren Delano Robbins (FDR's cousin) and served as a director of United Fruit and trustee of Cabot, Cabot and Forbes.

Paul F.Hellmuth (among the first Catholic laymen to serve on the board of Notre Dame), and a vice-president of Cabot, Cabot and Forbes was a trustee of the J. Frederick Brown Foundation, a CIA "conduit", along with G.C. Cabot. Thus the Paine family [had] links with the blue-blood intelligence circles of the OSS and CIA, In the summer of 1963 it was Ruth (Michael's wife), rather than Michael Paine, who maintained close relations with the patrician Paine and Forbes families, traveling east in July to stay with her mother-in-law at the traditional Forbes clan retreat of Naushon Island near Wood's Hole, Massachusetts (CE 416, 17 H 119). [source: Peter Dale Scott, The Dallas Conspiracy, ch. IV, pp. 2-4, as quoted in websites linked above]. Hellmuth's name would appear in 1974 in Jack Anderson's column as the law partner of Richard Nixon's impeachment attorney, allegedly involved in an industrial security company that was "wholly owned" by the CIA and used to shred documents to maintain secrecy.

Mary Bancroft's first husband, Sherwin Badger, was a Harvard graduate whose first job had been in the head office of United Fruit in Cuba. After a year in Cuba he became a journalist in Boston, later moving to the Wall Street Journal and Barron's in New York, both of which were published by Mary's step-grandfather, Clarence Walker Barron. Mary also had a long friendship with the Trotsky follower, architect George Lyman Paine, and his wife Ruth Forbes Paine, whose son Michael Paine and his wife Ruth befriended Marina Oswald the year prior to John Kennedy's assassination.

Michael Paine's uncle, Eric Schroeder, was a friend and investment associate of geologist Everette DeGolyer, a long-time Dresser Industries director, who served on the Dresser board with Prescott Bush. Schroeder was a cousin of Alexander "Sandy" Forbes, former director of United Fruit who "belonged to the elite Tryall Golf Club retreat in Jamaica with ... Paul Raigorodsky." [source: Richard Bartholomew, "Possible Discovery," p. 38. See also Mary Bancroft, Autobiography of a Spy (New York: William Morrow, 1983).

http://www.minormusi...ancroftbook.JPG

http://www.minormusi...ristocracy.html

In the acknowledgment of her book, Ms. Emerson states: "Pictures, information and every sort of help have been given by … certain members of the family now living on Naushon, Ralph E. Forbes, W. Cameron Forbes, and Edward W. Forbes." [19] The father of the three men mentioned was William Hathaway Forbes—married in 1865 to Edith, daughter of Ralph Waldo Emerson—who was the first president of American Telephone and Telegraph Co., having organized the corporation for Alexander Graham Bell in 1879. He had been a partner from 1865 until 1897 of J. Murray Forbes & Co. We met W. Cameron Forbes in the Forbes Clan. He was the uncle who had offered to bring John Kerry's mother, Rosemary, to keep house for him not long before she married Kerry's father. John Kerry has a brother named for this favorite uncle.

Friends of Lee Harvey Oswald

Ruth Forbes (1903-98), a daughter of William Hathaway and Edith (Emerson) Forbes, married George Lyman Paine (Harvard class of 1922), an "enthusiastic Marxist and Trotskyite," and gave birth in 1928 to Michael Paine. She and Paine divorced in 1934; she married a man named Giles W. Thomas, before marrying her last husband, Arthur M. Young—inventor of the Bell helicopter. [20] Michael Paine testified as to his family background during the Warren Commission hearings. Michael's testimony resulted from the fact that he and his wife had become very good friends with Lee Harvey Oswald and his wife Marina in the six months or so before the Kennedy assassination. The friendship with the Oswalds occurred while Michael was employed in Fort Worth at Bell Helicopter—a company which eventually made a fortune manufacturing helicopters, a design patented by his stepfather, for the war in Vietnam. In Ruth Paine's testimony she recounted her visit to her in-laws' summer home on Naushon Island. Michael also testified that his grandfather paid his family's way to Naushon each year, but it is not clear whether this was a time the entire extended family came together or whether only parts of the family assembled at different times. It is clear from their testimony, however, that Ruth discussed Marina and Lee Oswald with her mother-in-law at that time, and that immediately upon her return in September of 1963 she invited Marina and the children to move into her house.

Much of the questioning of Ruth Paine before the Warren Commission came from Allen Dulles, the man whom John F. Kennedy had fired as Director of the C.I.A. Dulles never revealed at the time that he had known Ruth Forbes Paine Young and her family personally before questioning her daughter-in-law. Nor did he feel inclined to mention the fact that Michael Paine's grandmother's family (the Cabots) were huge stockholders in United Fruit Company; nor that both sides of the family—Cabot and Forbes—had owned land in Cuba that had been expropriated by Fidel Castro. [21] Above all, Dulles failed to mention that he and his brother, President Eisenhower's Secretary of State during the coup era, had previously been attorneys for the United Fruit Company.

April 8, 1947 - New York Times

HowlandForbesNaushonWoodsHole.jpg

http://www24.us.arch...12keit_djvu.txt

NAUSHON TRUST

Established Under

DECLARATION OF TRUST

May 2, 1932

....DECLAEATION OF TRUST made by W. Cameron Forbes, of

Norwood, Massachusetts, Rose D. Forbes, of Milton, Massachusetts,

James S. Russell, of said Milton, Ralph E. Forbes, of said Milton, and

Ellen Forbes, of said Milton, the original trustees hereunder.

Whereas, simultaneously with the execution hereof, said trustees

have received the amount of cash stated in Schedule A hereto attached,

to be held in trust hereunder, and have agreed to issue therefor eight

hundred and forty (840) shares of the beneficial interest of this trust;

and

Whereas, said trustees intend to use said fund for the purchase of

real and personal property from the trustees of Naushon Island under

the will of John M. Forbes and for other purposes hereunder :

Now, therefore, said trustees hereby declare and agree that they

will hold and administer said fund, together with any real or personal

property hereafter acquired by them therewith or as additions thereto,

in Trust, upon the trusts hereinafter set forth.

ARTICLE I.

Name.

All things relating to this trust may be done under the name

"Naushon Trust." ....

ARTICLE II.

Beneficial Interests, Shares and Certificates.

...3. The trustees shall issue eight hundred and forty (840) shares in accordance with their agreement mentioned hereinabove....

....ARTICLE in.

Trustees.

1. The full number of trusteeships shall be five, except that at Number,

any time or times after January 1, 1940, the shareholders shall have

the right, by vote of four-fifths (4/5) of the shares outstanding entitled

to vote, to increase the full number of trusteeships to not exceeding

seven. The five original trustees are named above. .....

..... iWM ayBe 8. All but one of the trustees in office at any time must be lineal descendants of John M. Forbes. No corporation may be a trustee. 9. Title to the trust property shall always vest in the trustees for the time being in office, and no conveyance or transfer between trustees shall be necessary when a new trustee comes into office. ...

ARTICLE XVI.

Termination and Amendment.

1. Unless sooner terminated as provided in paragraph 2 of this ? r u n r 8 a t tion 0(

Article, this trust shall terminate upon the expiration of twenty (20)

years from the death of the last survivor of the following-named great-

grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren of John M. Forbes :

Henry Russell Atkinson, son of Ellen Forbes Atkinson of Brook-

line, Massachusetts;

David Cabot Forbes and Pauline Forbes, son and daughter of

Ralph E. Forbes of Milton, Massachusetts ;

John Forbes Russell and Robert Shaw Russell, sons of James S.

Russell of said Milton;

John Forbes Amory of Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Walter

Amory of Providence, Rhode Island, sons of Mary Russell Amory;

John Hastings Hughes, son of Walter S. Hughes of Cambridge,

England;

Elliot Forbes and Anne Forbes, son and daughter of Edward W.

Forbes of Cambridge, Massachusetts ;

Waldo E. Forbes and Amelia Forbes, son and daughter of Ellen

Forbes of said Milton ;

Florence Forbes and Alexander Irving Forbes, daughter and son

of Alexander Forbes of said Milton;

Gordon Donald Forbes and Marguerita Hoima Forbes, son and

daughter of Gerrit Forbes of Sunninghill, Berkshire, England;

Elizabeth Forbes and Marjorie Forbes, daughters of Henry S.

Forbes of said Milton;

"William Emerson and Hope Emerson, son and daughter of Amelia

Forbes Emerson of Concord, Massachusetts;

Hester Anne Howland and Judith Forbes Howland, daughters of

Alice Forbes Howland of said Milton;

Weston Howland, textile executive, 80

Boston Globe - Feb 3, 1976

He leaves his wife, Alice (Forbes); two sons, Weston Jr. of Weston and David M. Howland of Sherborn; two daughters, Mrs. Judith H. Cook of Weston and Mrs. Hester H. Whitcher; .

Ethel Forbes and Joan Forbes, daughters of John Malcolm Forbes

of Winter Park, Florida ;

Michael Paine, son of Ruth Forbes Paine of New York City;

Mary Stewart, Anne Stewart, Jane Stewart and Sarah Malcolm

Stewart, daughters of Sarah Klebs Stewart of Stamford, Connecticut ;

Henry Francis Colt, Jr., Ellen Colt and Mary Forbes Colt, daugh-

ters of Mary Atkinson Colt of Cambridge, Massachusetts ;

Walter Amory, Jr. and John Copley Amory, sons of said Walter

Amory ;

Douglas B. Smith, Jr., son of Catherine Amory Smith of West

Point, New York;

Henry Sturgis Russell, Jr., and Susan Whitmore Russell, son and

daughter of Henry Sturgis Russell of Carpenteria, California. ...

Guest Tom Scully

Uhhh... if I had this much JFK Assassination related coincidence in my background, I'd probably do the same thing Peter Janney has attempted.... author a disinformation, deflection "tell all" book, right from the desk of a privileged insider, a man in the know!

Fat chance..... Peter Janney does not mention his Aunt Peggy and Uncle Frank Pace.

I think it is a mistake to approach the Time-Life "purchase" of the Zapruder film and the TFX scandal as unrelated events. TFX was at the time the most expensive single government contract in the history of the world. Frank Pace and Maurice T. Moore were two of the most trusted Henry Luce associates. It was and is a fact it is impossible to determine the reach and the influence of LCN in our American society, so maybe it was just easier to ignore LCN taint on the FBI, DOJ, Supreme Court, WC, the U.S. presidency, the business community, and of defense contractors.

DID McNAMARA WEEP AT QUIZ?

Chicago Tribune - Mar 23, 1963

"My 12-year-old-son came home from school and asked me, 'When are you going to say to the people you are not a crook?'" McNamara's defense of the contract .

Maybe "Bob" should have been asked by senators during the McClellan inquiry how Patrick Hoy and Henry Crown of General Dynamics could have possibly been cleared for top security clearances by FBI or DOD investigators?

Did Roz Gilpatric knowingly saddle General Dynamics with the assetless shell of a company Atty. Harry Booth, in 1963 exposed LCN financier, Henry Crown's Material Service Corp. to actually be, in exchange for 20 percent of General Dynamics' stock?

Chicago Tribune - Nov 19, 1963

Gilpatric insists that his service with Dynamics dealt almost exclusively with its merger with the Material Service corporation of Chicago....

http://educationforu...ndpost&p=180439

...Crown was to grow up to become the greatest exponent of sand and gravel in the world— virtually

transforming sanitary district sand piles and quarries into gold mines.

"Henry Crown," said Booth, "views the Sanitary District as a small subsidiary of

Material Service Corporation." From the mid 1920s to the early 1940s, Crown purchased nearly 1000

acres of district land through nominees — Benjamin Z. Gould, general counsel of MSC,

and one Clarence R. Serb — without competitive bidding, paying an average of $64 an acre.

These vast holdings, plus another 420 acres held under long-term leases negotiated mostly in the 1950s, literally formed the foundation of MSC. These properties had mountains of earth and rock deposits on their surface (spoil banks rich in limestone used for crushed rock and cement) which were the residue from channel widening and deepening at the turn of the century. They saved MSC the expense of quarrying for years. In his complaint, Booth pointed out that "none of the leases approved by the Trustees authorized Material Service Corporation to engage in excavation of sand, gravel, or other materials from below the surface of the ground. On information and belief Material Service Corporation has engaged in extensive excavating operations and removed enormous quantities of sand, gravel, limestone and other materials from below the surface of the ground which it has sold. . .[obtaining] large revenues . . . and has unjustly and unlawfully enriched itself thereby.

. . . All such acts and operations . . .

are illegal and beyond the power granted . . . under the laws of the State of Illinois. ...

From time to time Material Service Corporation has also been granted sub-leases

and short-term leases also at inadequate rentals as well as buy the right to take other spoil banks at nominal prices. ....

Is it purely coincidence that Pat Hoy's mentor, Ernie Byfield, Jr. was married for nearly thirty years to a woman who shortly after Byfield's death, married the suddenly talkative, 88 year old Robert S. McNamara?

http://www.variety.c...w/VE1117920851/

This review was corrected on May 26, 2003.

...Widely admired for his creatively askew approach to unusual material, which sometimes but not always has socio-political currency, Morris was originally promised only an hour of interview time by McNamara and intended to do just a short television piece on the 85-year-old statesman/businessman, who has been interviewed countless times. But McNamara, often considered the architect of the Vietnam War, ended up giving Morris 20 hours, which gave the filmmaker enough not only to cover Vietnam but the entirety of McNamara's life, which began during World War I....

Former US defense chief, 88, gets married - World news -...

msnbc.com - Sep 16, 2004

ASSISI, Italy — Former US Defense Secretary Robert McNamara married Italian-born widow Diana Masieri Byfield in a private ceremony Thursday in St. Francis ...

McNamara career haunted by US role in Vietnam | Reuters

Reuters UK - Jul 6, 2009

"His age just caught up with him," his wife Diana told Reuters. ... at age 88, he married his Italian-born sweetheart, Diana Masieri Byfield in Assisi, Italy.

Only one, oh really?

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=783

Frank Pace Jr. Joins Time Inc. Directors

Hartford Courant - Apr 25, 1960

Frank Pace Jr., chairman ot the board and chief executive officer ot General Dynamics ... A joint announcement from Time Inc. Editor-in-Chief Henry R. Luce and. ...

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=783

Luce Aides: 'No Drastic Changes'; 3 He Picked to Run Empire...

New York Times - Mar 6, 1967

Luce last Monday, the day before he died in Phoenix, Ariz. ... Paul G. Hoffman, Samuel Meek, Maurice T. Moore and Frank Pace Jr. ' Mr. Luce, who was also on .

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=781

Evidence Implies Order Expected by Dynamics

Hartford Courant - Nov 21, 1963

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate probers produced evidence Wednesday that a top executive of the General Dynamics Corp., claimed "reasonably strong indications" far in advance that the firm would win the huge, disputed TFX warplane... tract. Frank Pace, who has since resigned, was named as the . Deputy Secretary of Defense Roswell L. Gilpatric, testifying before the Senate Investigations subcommittee, swor he had no idea where Pace could have received such information.

Former Legal Adviser

Gilpatric is a former legal adviser to General Dynamics whose role in the TFX contract negotiations is under senatorial fire. He described Pacej as his close friend. Earlier in the day. Chairman John L. McClellan. D-Ark., told Gilpatric that he should have disqualified himself from having anything to do with the contract award, to avoid any possible allegations of conflict of in-i terest. I The subcommittee is investi-. gation whether favoritism' steered the contract to General Dynamics last December. Gilpatric and others in the Defense Department's civilian command overruled military I evaluations that a rival design and bid by the Boeing Co. of Seattle promised a better, cheaper version. Costly Project

The Pentagon estimates the TFX project will cost between $5 billion and $7.5 billion. This would make it the largest in Pentagon history .

I The subcommittee produced a! document dated "July 1961" in! which Pace, top official of Gen-; eral Dynamics' Fort Worth, \ Tex., division, told its top management: "There are reasonably strong

indications that Fort Worth's proposed -: ration offers the only approach] that can satisfy both Air Force and Navy requirements" for (or the TFX. ! McClellan said this was "a, month and seven days" before the Pentagon had even complet-1 ed a statement of design re-! " Where," he demanded, "was the source of these reasonably strong indications?

So, how did we get from this situation:

ON ECONOMICS: -- How Kennedy Assassination Affected Some Stock ...

http://articles.sfga...ral-contracts/3

Nov 18, 1996 – A postscript for assassination buffs: No individual stood to lose more from the TFX scandal than Chicago investor Henry Crown, who owned 20

http://select.nytime...4D9415B8088F1D3

Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES. ();

November 23, 1940,

MARGARET M. JANNEY WED; Bryn Mawr Girl Becomes Bride of Frank Pace Jr. of Little Rock

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ... - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=162087282X... Peter Janney - 2012 - Biography & Autobiography

....Yet now, even in death, she was once again encirlced. Mary's fourth

pallbearer was my father, Winstar Janney. Like Cord Meyer and so many others

who joined the CIA in its infancy, Wistar Janney was part of an idealistic

group of World War II veterans that never again wanted to see the possibility

of a world at war. A strong, centralized post-World War II intelligence

apparatus seemed like an almost ideal solution, and a good career for a group

of men who were already, by birth, financially well endowed and secure. In

the aftermath of World War II, America had come out on top. They wanted to

keep it that way.

The youngest of six children of a wealthy, prominent investment banker, my

father was raised in Bryn Mawr on Philadelphia's Main Line. His given name at

birth, resembling an almost royal title, was Frederick Wistar Morris Janney.

To his close friends, immediate colleagues, and family, he was "Wistar," or

"Wis." ....

...He had not had a chance to reconcile with his father, who died

unexpectedly just a few days before the largest naval battle in history. the

father-son duo had remained estranged, despite the fact that Wistar's

father--Walter Coggleshall Janney--knew that his time was near....

http://www.legacy.co...gy&pid=99398209

MARGARET JANNEY PACE ("PEGGY")

passed away peacefully, at her home at 67 Hillside Road, Greenwich, on December 3, 2007. She was 92. Peggy had a long, active life dedicated above all to her family, as a devoted wife and mother, her community as a lifelong volunteer, and her church. Her late husband Frank Pace, Jr. was the former Director of the Bureau of the Budget and Secretary of the Army under President Truman, the first chairman of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and founder and CEO of the International Executive Service Corps and the National Executive Service Corps. Peggy moved to Hillside Road in Greenwich with her husband and three daughters in 1954.

Peggy was the daughter of the late Walter Coggeshall Janney and Pauline Morris Janney of Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania. The fourth of six children, she remained closely connected to her family. Music, sports and international travel were part of the family fabric.

Peggy was a generous, compassionate, dignified woman whose caring extended to her community. During her time in Washington, Peggy enthusiastically volunteered as a "Gray Lady". In Greenwich, she was active with Christ Church, the YWCA, both in Greenwich and nationally, and the Home Hospice Program. As its first volunteer, she helped start Hospice in Greenwich. She was devoted to supporting her husband's career and her children. She traveled extensively with her husband, other family member and friends.

Peggy was an avid tennis player and a fierce competitor on the court. Her strong fighting spirit and her will power kept her going during an extended period of physical incapacitation. Her family is grateful for the commitment of her staff of wonderful, dedicated women.

Music was a joy for Peggy; she had a beautiful singing voice and was a member of several choirs. During her active years, she attended the Philharmonic, opera and Broadway shows..

Peggy cared deeply for her children, her grandchildren and ultimately her great grandchildren. She is survived by her two daughters, Paula Pace of New York and Priscilla Janney-Pace of Yellow Springs Ohio; her three grandchildren,....

WALTER C. JANNEY; President of Investment Bank in Philadelph...

New York Times - Oct 13, 1944

WalterCjanneyObitOct12_1944NYtimes.jpg

HEATLY DULLES, 88, INVESTMENT BANKER

‎New York Times - Feb 7, 1956

JanneyDulles.jpg

http://www.janney.co...ission--history

....1982 Janney Montgomery Scott, Inc. acquired by The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company

1978 Janney Montgomery Scott, Inc. and Hoppin, Watson Inc. merge

1971 Janney, Battles & E.W. Clark, Inc. and Montgomery Scott & Co. merge to become Janney Montgomery Scott Inc.

1960 Janney, Dulles & Battles, Inc. merges with E.W. Clark & Co. and becomes Janney, Battles & E.W. Clark, Inc.

1956 In January, Janney & Co. acquires Wurts, Dulles & Co., becoming Janney,Dulles & Co. In December, Janney Dulles & Co. acquires Winthrop H. Battles, changing the name to Janney, Dulles & Battles, Inc.

1929 Col. Montgomery starts Montgomery Scott & Co.

1921 Montgomery Clothier & Tyler is renamed Janney & Co.; Col. Montgomery leaves the firm

1911 Walter Janney joins Montgomery Clothier & Tyler

http://www.pennock.w.../nti163596.html

Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA) - November 18, 1997

Deceased Name: SAMUEL M.V. HAMILTON

BROKERAGE EXECUTIVE, 73 Samuel M.V. Hamilton, 73, a senior vice president at Janney Montgomery Scott, died of cancer Sunday at his home in Wayne.

Mr. Hamilton, also executive director of 218 Enterprises and an owner of Samuels, a restaurant in Spread Eagle Village, was a partner in Montgomery Scott & Co. for many years before the firm merged with Janney, Battles & E.W. Clark in 1971.

Active in civic and cultural affairs, Mr. Hamilton was a member and former chairman of the board of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, and was a former member of the board of the Franklin Institute. He was on the board of Fox Chase Cancer Center and the Hamilton Family Foundation. He was a director of the Coaching Club of America, which preserves the tradition of traveling by horse-drawn coach.

Born in New York, Mr. Hamilton was raised in Rosemont by his grandfather Samuel M. Vauclain, chairman of the board of Baldwin Locomotive Works. He graduated from the Choate School in Wallingford, Conn., and from the University of Pennsylvania. An Army lieutenant, he served with the Office of Strategic Service and the CIA during the Korean War.

Surviving are his wife, Dorrance Hill Hamilton; daughter, Margaret H. Duprey; sons, Nathaniel P. and S. Matthews V. Jr.; a sister; a brother; and nine grandchildren.

The Last Great Lady

Campbell Soup heiress Dorrance “Dodo” Hamilton has enjoyed a life of wealth and glamour: a debutante coming-out splashed in the "New York Times", summers in Newport, and years as the face (and hat!) of the Main Line.

By Amy Korman

November 2008

That’s Mrs. Hamilton for you. (When you’re a billionairess, people call you “Mrs.”) With her elegant suits and trademark wide-brimmed hats, she might look the part of the classic old-school socialite, but Dorrance Hill Hamilton (“Dodo” was a nickname inherited from her mother) puts her own stamp on everything she does.

MISS ROGKEFELLER ED IN 6RBEqqICH; Christ uplscopa! Church...

New York Times - May 30, 1948

Church !s the Scene of Her Marriage to Robert Gregg Stone Jr, i Special to Tag ... the Misses Nancy Rockefeller, a cousin of the bride; Constance Hamilton,

Miss Dorrance Hill Wed in St. Thomas' To Samuel MV Hamilton...

New York Times - Feb 26, 1950

White flowers formed a garden background yesterday afternoon in the chantry of St. Thomas Protestant Episcopal Church for the marriage of Miss Dorrance Hill, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Nathaniel P. Hill of New York . ... Henriques C. Hamilton.was best man for his brother, The ushers were ... cousins of the bridegroom, and I Godfrey A. Rockefeller of Greenwich, Conn., his brother- in-law.

Judith Rockefeller Engaged

New York Times - Mar 12, 1978

Mrs. Hugh C. Wallace of Greenville, Del., and Godfrey A. Rockefeller of Gibson Island, Md., have announced the engagement of their daughter, Judith Stillman ..

Godfrey A. Rockefeller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_A._Rockefeller

Godfrey's first marriage to Constance Hamilton Wallace ended in divorce. He was then married to Margaret "Margo" Kuhn Rockefeller for fifty three years; she ..

The point here is that after Peter Janney's grandfather Walter died in october 1944, the investment firm Walter founded, Janney & Co., merged with a firm owned by Allen Dulles's uncle, and the CIA brother-in-law of Robert G. Stone, Jr., one Samuel M.V. Hamilton, became a prominent figure at the Janney, Dulles firm.

Samuel Hamilton's sister, Constance, married (Mrs. Robert Gregg Stone, Jr.'s) Marion Rockefeller Stone's brother, Godfrey Avery Rockefeller. In the late 1950's Godfrey Avery divorced and remarried, and headed to Dallas to work for Bell Helicopter, controlled by his relative, David Milton of The Equity Corp. Milton's son-in-law, George Elliott, was promoted to board membership at Bell at the same time Walter Dornberger was promoted to Bell V.P., circa 1959. Isn't that about the time that Michael Paine came to Bell in Dallas? Later, the son of William HG Fitzgerald married the daughter of Robert and Marion Rockefeller Stone, Jr. Thomas J. Devine was in business with Robert G Stone, Jr. and his brother David, since 1950.

MARGARET KUHN WED IN BEDFORD; Married in Parents' Home to...

New York Times - Aug 5, 1956

... this afternoon to Godfrey Anderson Rockefeller in the home of her parents, Mr. ... in Dallas, Tex., where thebridegroom is with the helicop fer division of the Bell ..

"hi Export Named Boll Aircraft Tune .

Schenectady Gazette - Jun 16, 1959

Inc . and George o'neill vice-president of the Equity Corp., which con trols Bell, All are from New York city. Dornberger. who has been di rector of engineering for ..

George D. O'Neill is the son of Nelson Rockefeller's older sister, Abby. He has an impressive resume:

MERIWETHER CAPITAL -- About Us

www.meriwethercapital.net/about.htm

GEORGE D. O'NEILL Mr. O'Neill is the founder of Meriwether and has been active in the firm since its inception in 1976. ... with several financial institutions including Train, Cabot & Associates, Equity Corporation and Chase Manhattan Bank.

Abby Rockefeller Mauzé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Rockefeller_Mauzé

She had two daughters with her first husband, David Milton: Abby Rockefeller Milton, married George Dorr O'Neill; Marilyn Rockefeller Milton, married Willia

http://www.vanityfai...efellers-200001

Irreconcilable Rockefellers

....On a sofa nearby sat George’s mother, Abby “Mitzi” Milton O’Neill—the eldest of “the Cousins,” as the fourth generation of Rockefellers are called—who would soon become the most powerful living Rockefeller by taking the reins as chairman of the family’s investments and philanthropies....George O’Neill Sr. had recently helped him in a Cambridge real-estate deal.

http://www.buffalone...ticle823618.ece

High moral cost paid for manned space flight

Updated: April 23, 2012, 6:37 AM An editor at the old Buffalo Courier- Express assigned me to interview a fellow named Walter Dornberger, whom he described as a German space visionary who had fled from the Iron Curtain......How Dornberger got away with it is another story with a tie to Buffalo. The war records of Dornberger, von Braun and other dubious Germans were sanitized in “Operation Paperclip.” It was a covert campaign to spirit scientists out of Germany as the Iron Curtain was being readied. Running the operation was Gen. William J. Donovan, the Buffalo born and raised head of the wartime Office of Strategic Services. British intelligence reports that Dornberger and von Braun were dangerous got scrubbed by Operation Paperclip, Taylor wrote.

Miss Alexandra Mills Is Bride of TJ Devine

‎New York Times - Apr 15, 1973

Miss Alexandra Mills, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Wynne Mills of Locust ... William B. Macomber Jr., United States. Ambassador to Turkey, was best man. ... Mr. Devine is with Train, Cabotj Inc.; a private New York investment concern.

Tom:

I knew about the Harvard thing bailing out Bush on Harken. That was so interesting. And the media completely underplayed that.

I also agree that compared to Whitewater, Harken was a real scandal, while Whitewater was a stone in the Mississippi.

I also agree with your last paragraph.

David B. Stone; helped found NE Aquarium - The Boston Globe

Boston Globe - Apr 28, 2010

“We had our trials and tribulations'' during the project, recalled Jacob F. Brown II, ... After the war, he earned his undergraduate degree at Harvard in 1950 and ...

Stonetex Oil Corp. Company Profile - Located in Dallas, TX ...

www.corporationwiki.com › TexasDallas

Jun 23, 2012 – Active officers include Thomas J Devine, David S Crockett, Jacob F Brown, David B Stone and Hardwick Simmons. Stonetex Oil Corp. filed as a ..

Advisory Committees - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

www.whoi.edu/page.do?pid=27497

May 30, 2012 – Thomas J. Devine

http://www.whoi.edu/main/board-corporation

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute

Board & Corporation

headshot_roxe_201475.jpeg

Treasurer

Hardwick Simmons

Hardwick (Wick) Simmons is retired as Chairman and CEO of NASDAQ. Previously, he was President and CEO of Prudential Securities, Inc., and President of the Private Client Group at Shearson Lehman Brothers.

Mr. Simmons is a Trustee of the New Bedford Whaling Museum, and a Director of Raymond James Financial Corp., Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., Stonetex Oil Corp., Invivoscribe Technologies, Inc., and the Women's Tennis Association.

Mr. Simmons holds degrees from Harvard University and Harvard Business School.

Guest James H. Fetzer

These are pretty strange replies, especially from Michael Hogan. The book is thoroughly research and brilliantly argued. I will add it to the other thread.

Guest Tom Scully

“Mary’s Mosaic”: A litmus test of JFK research integrity

Jim Fetzer

“There are very few human beings who receive the truth, complete and staggering, by instant illumination. Most of them acquire it fragment by fragment, on a small scale, by successive developments, cellularly, like a laborious mosaic.”
Anis Nin

JFKMary1.jpg

Some issues within JFK research represent litmus tests that separate the competent from the frivolous, the courageous from the cowardly, and the honest from the dishonest, where some estimates have gone so far as to suggest that as much as 95% of members of the JFK research community are promoting an agenda to sow confusion and uncertainty, even in those cases where the evidence for a conclusion has made the question beyond reasonable doubt, precisely because, once the evidence has been properly understood, no alternative explanation is reasonable.

While Lisa Pease does her very best to create the impression that Ray Crump (who had no motive) could actually have committed the crime, the kinds of things she says about Peter Janney’s brilliant book (where Peter had known Mary in his childhood and whose research would lead led him to the agonizing realization that his own father had been complicit), which is a completely unwarranted characterization of Mary’s Mosaic, appear to me to be completely justified in relation to her own review, where I (Jim Fetzer) would fashion a parallel complaint about her review as follows:

“Researchers can be forgiven for thinking that Lisa Pease’s CTKA review is a serious contribution to JFK research. Mary’s Mosaic provides ample substantiation that the CIA killed John Kennedy in part because he was trying to end the Cold War and rein in covert operations. But her review of Peter Janney’s book is such a frustrating mix of fact, fiction, speculation and unverifiable data I cannot recommend it. I’d rather that it came with a warning label attached”.

Indeed, it is inconceivable to me that anyone who has actually read the book completely to its end, where crucial aspects of what Peter Janney reports there about uncovering the actual plot to murder Mary Pinchot Meyer
are presented, could continue to regard Ray Crump as anyone other than the “patsy”.

Since those include the detailed confession of the actual assassin, who was the very “Lt. William L. Mitchell”,
who explains how it had been done, including the use of spotters and luring the auto repair man to the scene to witness Mary’s screams, I am baffled how anyone
could entertain reasonable doubts about it.

There is no reasonable alternative explanation for what happened to Mary and, instead of attempting to debunk his landmark research, she and her associate ought to be touting it as a major contribution to JFK research, which I would liken to an insider’s view that confirms the findings of Noel Twyman, Bloody Treason (1997).

What also stuns me is that I find a pattern emerging from the work of Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugeio. I have had several encounters with Jim over the years, one of which occurred some time back on an extended thread devoted to Judyth Vary Baker, who has authored Me & Lee (2010).

Jim DiEugenio sought to debunk a fascinating report of a woman who remained sitting in a car during the visit of Lee Oswald to State Representative Reeves Morgan–whom Judyth claims to have been herself–whose presence was witnessed by his daughter, Mary, where Mary’s report surfaced during the trial of Clay Shaw.

Jim DiEugenio attempted to debunk Mary’s corroborating testimony on the ground that she had later repudiated it, which, as I observed to him at the time, was a violation of the principle that earlier testimony is preferable to later, especially when witnesses have been subjected to pressure to change it.

And, in another case, I faulted the biased research of Jefferson Morley and David Talbot related to the presence of CIA officials at the Ambassador Hotel at the time of Bobby’s shootinghe would die the following daywhere I had to reprimand Jim for his irresponsible acceptance of their shameless efforts to whitewash the identifications, which was supported by overwhelmingly more evidence than they produced against it.

Why Lisa Pease would attempt to cast doubt on Peter Janney’s thoroughly researched and meticulously documented study, which carefully ties together the murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer, the CIA and the assassination of JFK, is difficult to fathom.

But there is a troubling pattern here, which suggests to me that, whatever their motives may be, Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugenio, who has been praising Lisa’s review, appear to be undermining research (and not in this case only) concerning major advances in our understanding of the modus operandi of the CIA in events of this kind.

You've got a PhD, but you couldn't anticipate this surfacing?

Directory of Computer Education and Research: Volume 3

books.google.com T. C. Hsiao - 1973 - 1800 pages

MITCHELL, WILLIAM L. - Assistant Professor of Business Administration

Department of Management Sciences School of Business and Economics CALIFORNIA

STATE UNIVERSITY, HAYWARD

WilliamMitchellBackground1973.jpg

1. Optimal Service Rate Selection in Piecewise Linear Markovian ...
    books.google.com/.../Optimal_Service_Rate_Selection_in_Piecew.ht... books.google.comhttp://books.google.com/books/about/Optimal_Service_Rate_Selection_in_Piecew.html?id=AkhbHAAACAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-share ...

2. Optimal service rate selection in piecewise linear Markovian service
    de.scientificcommons.org/4202188 - Germany Optimal service rate selection in piecewise linear Markovian service systems. (1970). Mitchell, William L. Abstract. Thesis (Ph. D. in Engineering)--University of California, Berkeley, Dec. 1970.. Bibliography: leaves 63-64....

Guest James H. Fetzer

I don't understand Tom Scully's stance. Peter Janney is EXPOSING CIA COMPLICITY IN THE ASSASSIATION OF MARY MEYER. In the process, HE IS EXPOSING ITS MODUS OPERANDI IN THE CONDUCT OF ASSASSINATIONS OF THIS KIND. I has even explained how he was forced to conclude that HIS OWN FATHER, WHO WORKED FOR THE CIA, WAS COMPLICITY. That Tom Scully has come up with MORE EVIDENCE OF FAMILY COMPLICITY IS TRIVIAL AND INSIGNIFICANT. It may even be that Peter had included a chapter about them but his own editor deleted it. THERE IS NOTHING HERE TO UNDERMINE WHAT PETER HAS DONE. It only reflects that some of those who appear eager to undermine it are willing to advance arguments that make little or not difference to the themes of his book and then act as though they make all the difference in the world, when they clearly don't!

Guest Tom Scully

Understand my "stance"? I am standing in the debris field resulting from the disintegration of Janney's "phantom" CIA assassin. Why have you not withdrawn your well distributed piece defending Janney and

scolding Jim DiEugenio? We've progressed from ridiculous speculation that tow truck driver witness Wiggins was a "spotter" for CIA "assassin" William L. Mitchell, to having to deal with Mitchell as the openly documented

academic who would later author a Ph.D thesis on "Linear Markovian Service Systems" at UC Berkeley.

Optimal service rate selection in piecewise linear Markovian ...

books.google.com William Lockwood Mitchell, - 1970

Please read:

http://educationforu...=75#entry258104

Janney has thrown the reputation of his deceased father under the bus on the slimmest of "evidence" provided by the "sleuth" Leo Danmore, and a few people who have appeared to egg Janney on. We can thank Lisa and Jim at CTKA for the firm skepticism that triggered Janney's recent outburst.

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ...

1. books.google.com Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview
    “I cracked it!” Smith remembered Leo shouting on the phone. “I got the guy—and the [JFK] assassination link, too!” Smith quickly began writing, trying to keep up with Leo's exhilaration. Damore mentioned a name, and Jimmy asked him to ..

2. Author Says He 'cracked' The Chappaquiddick Case .
    news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1916&dat...id...sjid... Author says he 'cracked' the Chappaquiddick case . By CHRIS CALLAHAN Associated Press Writer WASHINGTON — Author Leo Damore says he has ...

3. Author Claims To Have 'Cracked' Chappaquiddick Case
    www.apnewsarchive.com/...Cracked.../id-...
    Mar 6, 1988 – ''I cracked this thing. I know it seems incomprehensible. Who is Leo Damore?'' Damore said he has 30 hours of taped interviews with Joseph ...
    Behind Jeers for Clinton in Egypt, a Conspiracy Theory With US Roots
    New York Times (blog)-Jul 17, 2012
    Ms. McLeod's post was based on a news story posted on Lucianne.com, a site run by Lucianne Goldberg, an American conservative who
    … .As Tripp Pushed .Lewinsky Lucianne Goldberg Pushed...

Spokesman-Review - Oct 2, 1998
    New York literary agent Lucianne Goldberg, not only overcame Tripp's reluctance to tape Lewinsky's phone calls, hut she also assured Tripp. wrongly, that ...
    The Reliable Source
    ‎Pay-Per-View -
    Washington Post - Jan 26, 1998
    Literary agent Lucianne Goldberg is a real-life Forrest Gump, showing up in the ... She represented both Leo Damore, author of a hugely popular bestseller ...
    STRANGE TWISTS AND TALES OF CHAPPAQUIDDICK BOOK
    ‎Pay-Per-View -
    Boston Globe - Jan 24, 1988
    Damore's agent Lucianne Goldberg points out that the Peter Collier-David Horowitz book, The Kennedys, An American Dynasty, sold well and contained plenty ...
    Why Did Teddy Drop Out Of Race? .

Deseret News - Feb 10, 1983
    We couldn't reach Damore, but agent Lucianne Goldberg, after first noting we're all going to have to wear a shield of armor on this one," said, won't SIDE The ...

Lucianne Goldberg .Spy Paid 1,000 Each Week .

‎Miami News - Aug 20, 1973

First Identified as a Nixon undercover agent by Wash ington sources, Mrs. Gold berg confirmed her role in an Interview here in which she also said: .

Quotable Women .

‎Nevada Daily Mail - May 10, 1970

LucianneGoldberg, women's news editor for the North American Newspaper Alliance, at a meetIng of the New Jersey Daily Newspaper Women's Associa- tion. ...

How many Washington Post obituary images do I have to present to influence you to understand that 1500 Arlington Blvd., Arlington, VA, was a normal apartment building, with a tenant in 1964 who worked at the Pentagon after earning an M.S. at Harvard in 1963, and who just happened to report to police that he saw a black man in a white coat walking 200 yards behind Mary Meyer on the towpath on October 12, 1964.?

You'll elect to examine this and fully consider what it implies or you won't. The image in my last post is

nearly a full display of what I've highlighted in red in these two search results in a screen capture of a google books search. The dates of military service and the name, William L Mitchell match what we know. In 1962, Mitchell graduated from Cornell University with a B.M.E. degree. In 1963, he graduated with an M.S. from Harvard. He then worked at the Pentagon with a U.S. Army rank of Lieut., probably attaining 1st Lieut. rank at the end of active duty in 1965, before the Crump trial in August. He soon left the country on a Fulbright Fellowship at the University of London. His Ph.D thesis was published at UC Berkeley in 1970.

None of the details about William L Mitchell as presented by Peter Janney are accurate, except for his name and where he resided in 1965. He probably worked briefly at Georgetown Univ. between his separation from the military and his Fulbright Fellowship. Nothing sinister, suspicious, untoward.....

MitchellsCREENsHOT.jpg

From my last post, the same information:

Directory of Computer Education and Research: Volume 3

books.google.com T. C. Hsiao - 1973 - 1800 pages

MITCHELL, WILLIAM L. - Assistant Professor of Business Administration

Department of Management Sciences School of Business and Economics CALIFORNIA

STATE UNIVERSITY, HAYWARD

WilliamMitchellBackground1973.jpg

See how this progressed?

Annual report to the president

books.google.com Cornell University. College of Engineering - 1961 - Snippet view

Spring Term only) Mr. William Mitchell (5th yr. B.M.E. Candidate. Fall Term only)

News and Notices - JStor

The Annals of Mathematical Statistics

Vol. 34, No. 3 (Sep., 1963), pp. 1133-1146

www.jstor.org/stable/2238500

Mitchell, William L., B.M.E., (Cornell University); Graduate Student, Operations Re- search, Harvard University; 70 Perkins Hall, Harvard University, Cambridge

New York mathematical society. List of members, constitution, by-laws

books.google.comAmerican Mathematical Society - 1964 - Snippet view

American Mathematical Society. MISARE ... AI Math., Computation Lab., Harvard Univ., Cambridge, Mass. ... MITCHELL, WILLIAM L. I Pentagon, OR Group, Systems Dept., USADSC, Washington, D. C. l500 Arlington Blvd., Apt. l022,

Combined membership list of the American Mathematical Society and ...

books.google.com American Mathematical Society, Mathematical Association of America, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics - 1965 - Snippet view

...... MITCHELL, WILLIAM L. I Pentagon, OR Group, Systems Dept., USADSC, Washington, D. C. 1500 Arlington Blvd., Apt. 1022, Arlington, Va. MITCHELL,

Edited by Tom Scully

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Scully

Today, a new 5 stars review by:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2P347AOQEPG3U/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1616087080&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

5.0 out of 5 stars A litmus test for JFK research integrity, August 20, 2012

By

James H. Fetzer (Oregon, WI USA)

This review is from: Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace (Hardcover)

That, I submit, is the case in relation to the fabrication of the Zapruder film and the other home movies, as I have documented over and over again. The 60 witnesses to the limo stop, a series of actions taken by Clint Hill, Officer James Chaney's motoring forward (none of which are present in the extant film) and the blacking out of the fist-sized wound at the back of JFK's head in frames after 313 (but where the wound itself can actually be seen in later frames such as 374)-serves as a litmus test that differentiates between researchers who are competent, courageous and honest from those who are not.

Another now appears to be the murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer, where the evidence of CIA complicity in her death, as in the assassination of JFK, persuasively presented by Peter Janney in Mary's Mosaic (2012), is simply overwhelming. I submit that anyone who reads this book is going to be astonished at the depth, the passion and the intelligence with which it has been written-and the rigor and detail with which it explains her assassination by the CIA. .....

.....Subsequently, a man who identified himself as "Lt. William L. Mitchell", who claimed to have been jogging on the towpath and to have passed by a person fitting the description that Wiggins had provided (but whose name and identity would turn out to be fabrications), likewise described him as a Negro male, wearing a baseball cap, a light-colored jacked and dark shoes (Mary's Mosaic, pp. 61-62)......

.....Lisa Pease, the closest collaborator of Jim DiEugenio, begins her review as follows: "Peter Janney wrote a book entitled Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and their Vision for World Peace. "From the subtitle, researchers can be forgiven for thinking that Janney's book is a serious contribution to our side, as many of us believe that the CIA killed John Kennedy in part because he was trying to end the Cold War and rein in covert operations.

"But Janney's book is such a frustrating mix of fact, fiction, speculation and unverifiable data that I (Lisa Pease) cannot recommend this book. Indeed, I'd rather it came with a warning label attached" (CTKA review). However, having investigated more than one strange death myself, I (Jim Fetzer) must say that I find these introductory passages both grotesque and irresponsible.

Given the consideration that, by the end of Mary's Mosaic, the actual assassin had actually confessed and explained in detail how it had been done and that Peter Janney has convincingly established the complicity of the CIA-which had to silence Mary Meyer, because she was uncovering its role in the assassination of JFK and was in a position to do something about it-I find her complaints to be virtually incomprehensible.......

.....Indeed, it is inconceivable to me that anyone who has actually read the book completely to its end, where crucial aspects of what Peter Janney reports there about uncovering the actual plot to murder Mary Pinchot Meyer are presented, could continue to regard Ray Crump as anyone other than the "patsy".

Since those include the detailed confession of the actual assassin, who was the very "Lt. William L. Mitchell", who explains how it had been done, including the use of spotters and luring the auto repair man to the scene to witness Mary's screams, I am baffled how anyone could entertain reasonable doubts about it.

There is no reasonable alternative explanation for what happened to Mary and, instead of attempting to debunk his landmark research, she and her associate ought to be touting it as a major contribution to JFK research, which I would liken to an insider's view that confirms the findings of Noel Twyman, Bloody Treason (1997).

What also stuns me is that I find a pattern emerging from the work of Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugeio. I have had several encounters with Jim over the years, one of which occurred some time back on an extended thread devoted to Judyth Vary Baker, who has authored Me & Lee (2010).......

Do not permit the facts to interfere with your mission, Dr. Fetzer. You seem to enjoy accusing people on the slimmest grounds, even at great expense to your own credibility and reputation.