The Education Forum

New book by Saint John Hunt about his father, Howard Hunt

Post script to my above posting:

I believe the not too subtle blackmail phone call below from Howard Hunt to Chuck Colson in the White House in November1972, right after Nixon was re-elected, sealed Dorothy Hunt's fate the next month. The decision was made soon after it that Hunt had to be shut up and Dorothy, as the reluctant courier of the hush money, was to pay the price. How could Hunt not have foreseen the consequences of his phone call before he made it? Just look at Trump and Hillary and see how ruthless are those at the top of the pyramid? It is true today and was true in 1972. Shakespeare got it right in his writings.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/29/2016 at 8:36 AM, Douglas Caddy said:
Post script to my above posting:

I believe the not too subtle blackmail phone call below from Howard Hunt to Chuck Colson in the White House in November1972, right after Nixon was re-elected, sealed Dorothy Hunt's fate the next month. The decision was made soon after it that Hunt had to be shut up and Dorothy, as the reluctant courier of the hush money, was to pay the price. How could Hunt not have foreseen the consequences of his phone call before he made it? Just look at Trump and Hillary and see how ruthless are those at the top of the pyramid? It is true today and was true in 1972. Shakespeare got it right in his writings.

Douglas (or anybody else),

In his confession did Hunt reveal anything about the true nature of his wife's death?

10 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

In his confession did Hunt reveal anything about the true nature of his wife's death?

Howard never addresses it, (Dorothy's death), in the Rolling Stone article that basically broke the story. It does strongly state that St. John Hunt believes that she was killed for acting as the courier.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/the-last-confession-of-e-howard-hunt-20070405

I don't remember him saying anything in the subsequent videos that were released but I'll go back and watch again sometime soon.

Thanks Chris.

It's a shame Howard Hunt himself made no comments regarding his wife's death. It seems so suspicious.

On the other hand, it is interesting that St. John believed it was murder. I would think that the topic came up between him and his father. I also would think that St. John would agree with his father on this.

Maybe Howard Hunt suspected murder but wasn't sure. And so he kept publicly silent on it.

I had heard that. He was initially a lefty who was into a world government after WWll , he was under suspicion by Mc Carthy at one point. He met Dulles and Dulles gave him a job.

I've seen just the video sequence and a few interviews. I've read none of St. Johns writings. (by the way, WTF is with "Saint" anybody have any ideas?) It didn't seem to me in the interview that St. John was much of a Kennedy assassination buff. He suggested the Corsican mob, and his Father said it could have been.

JMO but I think this was a partial hangout designed to give St. John an income stream. Douglas may disagree, but I think EHH was covering for his boss and the agency, so he decided to blame LBJ as the mastermind(though he does only state that as his belief)knowing that  some in the conspiracy circles at that time were trying to mount a case against LBJ. The other accomplices he includes, Harvey, Phillips, Sturgis, Morales, were all  his associations and had been prime suspects so giving them away after their deaths was no problem.

That was the first time I had heard of Meyer as an accomplice who  was so overwhelmed with jealousy toward JFK for having an affair with his ex-wife. That was the plot's thin link to LBJ, so I find that a bit suspect.

I thought I had read that St. John now believes it was Dulles and the CIA, which means he suspects his Dad's story.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway