The Education Forum

Harvey and Lee: John Armstrong

More shrieking like a stuck pig to hide the fact that you can't explain why the "tall, muscular, built like a footballer" Lee is the smallest, dweebiest kid in the CAP unit.

Jim's font size is bigger than Oswald!

:clapping:clapping:clapping

link http://www.ctka.net/2014/Davison%20update.html

"Anyway, today Davison has a new argument about the issue. Namely that Oswald did not really acquire the language until he got to the Soviet Union. Let us dissect this Davisonian drivel. There are four pieces of evidence which seriously undermine what she now proposes. First, back in 1974, Harold Weisberg unearthed the transcript of the Warren Commission's January 27, 1964 executive session meeting. That meeting contains a reference by Chief Counsel J. Lee Rankin to the Commission's efforts "to find out what he [Oswald] studied at the Monterey School of the Army in the way of languages." (Philip Melanson, Spy Saga, p. 12) Note, Rankin did not say if Oswald studied there. He said he did study there."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When did he study there ?? clap clap clap :clapping:clapping:clapping ,gaal

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Non Seq strikes again.

And not even your non seq is accurate. Melanson got it wrong by taking the quote out of context. As I point out in my book, in context, Rankin was talking about Spanish, not Russian.

montereyschool.jpg

Oswald learning Russian at the Monterrey Language School is but one of many myths that needs putting to the sword.

Do you have more non seq responses for me to destroy, or are you going to admit the truth? Oswald was NEVER the tallest kid in any class. Not EVER.

And not even your non seq is accurate. Melanson got it wrong by taking the quote out of context. As I point out in my book, in context, Rankin was talking about Spanish, not Russian.

montereyschool.jpg

Oswald learning Russian at the Monterrey Language School is but one of many myths that needs putting to the sword.

Do you have more non seq responses for me to destroy, or are you going to admit the truth? Oswald was NEVER the tallest kid in any class. Not EVER.

Greg,

"Mere details. Spanish, Russian -- what's the difference?"

LOL

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

montereyschool.jpg

Greg,

"Mere details. Spanish, Russian -- what does it matter?"

LOL

--Tommy :sun

Tommy,

I think being generous, that perhaps since Rankin was under the impression LHO learned Spanish at the language school, but then was told his Spanish was not that great, he could be asking "well, if it wasn't Spanish he learned, what was it?" That really doesn't make sense though. Rankin knew the only language Oswald spoke fluently apart from English was Russian, so why not refer to Russian? If he was trying to hide that Oswald was actually TAUGHT Russian (as opposed to being self-taught), then why bring the language school up at all?

There is only one sensible interpretation. Rankin believed Oswald studied Spanish because Delgado testified Oswald spoke it pretty well (as opposed to having exceptional fluency). But then Marina came along and said said the opposite (as she often did). So that put some doubt in Rankin's about about what language he could have learned...

But whatever... Oswald never went there. He was an autodidact.

Edited by Greg Parker

More shrieking like a stuck pig to hide the fact that you can't explain why the "tall, muscular, built like a footballer" Lee is the smallest, dweebiest kid in the CAP unit.

"Anyway, today Davison has a new argument about the issue. Namely that Oswald did not really acquire the language until he got to the Soviet Union. Let us dissect this Davisonian drivel. There are four pieces of evidence which seriously undermine what she now proposes. First, back in 1974, Harold Weisberg unearthed the transcript of the Warren Commission's January 27, 1964 executive session meeting. That meeting contains a reference by Chief Counsel J. Lee Rankin to the Commission's efforts "to find out what he [Oswald] studied at the Monterey School of the Army in the way of languages." (Philip Melanson, Spy Saga, p. 12) Note, Rankin did not say if Oswald studied there. He said he did study there."

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Melanson%20Philip/Item%2055.pdf

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Melanson%20Philip/Item%2055.pdf

Still trying to avoid addressing the CAP photo, I see?

You're the one claiming he went there, The burden of proof is on you to show when it was.

It's this simple really. If Rankin knew Oswald went there, then he would also know what he studied there. QED.

Edited by Greg Parker

GREG PARKER STILL avoiding FINDERS POST !!!

CAP photo small LEE people. Your the one claiming he went there he (LEE) saw smallish , The burden of proof is on you to show when it was he was smallish.

You're the one claiming he went there, The burden of proof is on you to show when it was.(PARKER QUOTE)

Rankin said he went there ,Not I, he must have gotten the idea from somewhere. ,GAAL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

see http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7527&hl=Monterey

WILLIAM KELLY

"Monterey Language Institute - Graduate School of Middlebury College (since 2005) 460 Pierce St. Monterey, CA 93940 831-647-4123
The Monterey Institute of International Studies was established in 1955 as the Monterey Institute of Foreign Studies by founders Gaspard Weiss, Remsen Bird, and Dwight Morrow, Jr., who envisioned a graduate school that promoted international understanding throughthe study of language and culture. While the institute's name has evolved, itscore identity as an innovative leader in international professional education has remained constant.
Over the decades the Institute has grown, adding new programs, faculty, and students to expand its global reach and educational mission. In 1961, the school moved to its current downtown Monterey location, where it presently occupies 14 buildings that house two graduate schools, multiple research centers, and numerous special programs.

============]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]===========

1952 Teacher Denies Nazi Past:
Published: December 7, 2002
http://www.nytimes.c...ld_ed3__14.html
MONTEREY, Calif.: Gaspard Weiss, chairman of the French department of the Army's foreign language school, denied he was a "Nazi sympathizer" with a collaborationist record in France. He admitted that he and his wife Louise were convicted in absentia and sentenced to 20 years in prison in 1945 by a court at Poiters, on a charge of" intelligence with the enemy." But he said the tribunal was a Communist-dominated "people's court" acting from"vengeance" over his clashes with the Communists during the war.
EMSEN DuBOIS BIRD President, Occidental College, 1921-1946

http://departments.o...d/bird_bio2.htm
(This Biography is adapted primarily from Joan P. Olson's Remsen DuBois Bird: A Biography, a Master of Arts thesis written in 1977 when Olson was a graduate student at Occidental College's history department. For more information about President Bird and the Japanese American internment and relocation,consult the researchers guide.)
At the time of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Remsen Bird was the president of Occidental College, a position he had held since 1921. Convincedthat he and his colleagues shared a compelling obligation to help displacedJapanese American college students, Bird and a few other educators wereinstrumental in laying thegroundwork for what would become the NationalJapanese American Student Relocation Council. This is all but one of the manyprojects Bird took on during his long career in academia, and it conforms tohis belief in the importance of an "open mind" throughout his life........Bird's long tenure at Occidental wasnot without its critics. Admittedly and proudly an idealist, Bird often approached situations with emotions and not much analysis --- his contemporaries have described him as a "great dreamer" who"engaged in flights of fancy." He had been known to envision a large project, convince colleagues and community members to join the endeavor, andthen dash off to another project leaving the details to others. At times potential donors found his fundraising tactics distasteful. Bird's feelings were hurt by some of the criticism, particularly the publication in 1939 of After Many a Summer Dies the Swan by Aldous Huxley, whom Bird had regarded as a friend. In his satirical novel, Huxley portrays the character based on Bird as a college president wholly preoccupied with the pursuit of the rich and well-connected, speaking in an "oily manner, like vaseline with a flavour of port wine". Accordingto Hutchison, Bird "went right to town and told Huxley just what he thought of him!" "

==========================================================

I submit that the LHO Japan Japanese girlfriends were RUSSIAN Language teachers. WE have only LHO word for who most of them were.

Marina said LHO wanted to return to RUSSIA. Marina also said that LHO had an affair with a Japanese girl in the USA. I submit she also was a Russian language teacher.

He was already selected as a (a) patsy and this,"study" kept LHO in role and calm.

,gaal not autodidact

GREG PARKER STILL avoiding FINDERS POST !!!

Edited by Steven Gaal

"...CAP photo small LEE people. Your the one claiming he went there he (LEE) saw smallish ..." Gaal

Talking of linguistic skills, where did Gaal learn such fluent gibberish?

Anything to say about little Tom Thumb Oswald at the CAP? But you keep saying 'Lee' was tall and stocky, so it must have been either 'Harvey' or yet another doppelganger posing in that photo (...'Harvey Lee and a spare makes three')

But 'Harvey' didn't knock about with David Ferrie you keep telling us...

So who is the tiny little fella that looks just like LHO in that CAP photo?

PS...Were there three Marguerites as well?

I don't believe Marina's husband took the Russian course at Monterey. In 1970, it was a 47-week course. I don't know what it was in the late 1950s, but I do know Russian is a "Level 5" language in the Defense Language Institute (DLI). There is no "hole" in Oswald's service record that accounts for DLI training.

There is a way to learn about his military schooling. It is to get a copy of his DD 214. This form, DD 214, has been issued to each military service individual upon his or her separation from active service. Mine states my undergrad degree, my law school attendance, my rank, my service in Viet Nam, my attendance at the army's Intelligence School, and my attendance at DLI. Oswald's DD 214 would show the same sort of information.

No one, to my knowledge, has uncovered Oswald's DD 214.

PHOTO EXPERT LAVERICK ( AND LAVERICK has MUCH EXPERIENCE PHOTOGRAPHY) can estimate the size of the LHO fellow in the CAP photo ?? ITs all relative ,how big are the other fellows ?? How far (far ) back is LHO ???

IF no to size estimate ......no real anti-H & L discovery here. The anti H & L crowd = equals = zero font evidence in this area,gaal

PHOTO EXPERT LAVERICK ( AND LAVERICK has MUCH EXPERIENCE PHOTOGRAPHY) can estimate the size of the LHO fellow in the CAP photo ?? ITs all relative ,how big are the other fellows ?? How far (far ) back is LHO ???

IF no to size estimate ......no real anti-H & L discovery here. The anti H & L crowd = equals = zero font evidence in this area,

gaal

Steve,

Mate, really... you guys show a class photo where you can't see the whole body and claim that proves he was the biggest, huskiest kid in the class -- even though he doesn't even appear to be the biggest in the row he is in.

The CAP photo shows CLEARLY that he is the smallest in that group and appears to lack any apparent muscle tone or bulk.

How big are the other kids? Who knows? It doesn't matter. The biggest kid in the class is NOT going to be the smallest kid in the CAP.

All this cock and bull about how far back he is? Get serious. Do you want to run a poll on how everyone else sees his height as being relative to the others?

Or to put the poll question simply: Is Lee Oswald the smallest person in that photo?

Yes

No

Can't tell

------------------------------

What's happened to the other members of the Big Font tribe?

I know one is busy queuing up to have his bottom smacked at another forum, so he's excused, but where o where is the other one? Wasn't he threatening to post more of the Bible here?

Maybe he's been sent to the Western Font?

Edited by Greg Parker

"...CAP photo small LEE people. Your the one claiming he went there he (LEE) saw smallish ..." Gaal

Talking of linguistic skills, where did Gaal learn such fluent gibberish?

Anything to say about little Tom Thumb Oswald at the CAP? But you keep saying 'Lee' was tall and stocky, so it must have been either 'Harvey' or yet another doppelganger posing in that photo (...'Harvey Lee and a spare makes three')

But 'Harvey' didn't knock about with David Ferrie you keep telling us...

So who is the tiny little fella that looks just like LHO in that CAP photo?

PS...Were there three Marguerites as well?

Bernie,

He could well believe that there were multiple Marguerites and Oswalds. After all, that is what Jack White believed and he was Armstrong's mentor and sort of a "Godfather" of the H&L theory. BTW, I have been enjoying the job you and Greg and Tommy have been doing on these guys lately, great work!

So the assumption here is a boy's height in 7th grade determines his size a few years later... It's your contention that a 5'4" 13 year old could not be a 5'7" 16 year old. (yes Bernie, 'your' is not the same as 'you're' - speaking of linguistic skills).

And then become a 5'11' 20 year old.

You can show how that's not possible or just keep asking questions with that lost look on your faces like you're making some amazing point here.

Tell us how tall that boy is please. You know how tall Ferrie was?

Sometimes boys will grow up before filling out. But since you are so sure that's not Lee, I guess it's down to your words versus Palmer.

I'll take the guy who was there every time over witless speculation & your faith-based beliefs.

But at least now you are trying harder to see the differences between the two people. There's hope for you boys yet.

Edited by David Josephs