The Education Forum

How Can You Manipulate a Patsy? Easy!

Howard Brennan's 11/22 affidavit ends with the confident assertion:

"I believe that I could identify this man if I ever saw him again."

Well, Mr. Brennan did see an individual by the name of Lee Oswald later that day and--refused point-blank to identify him as the man he had seen firing from the sixth floor window.

It's also most probable that Brennan would have seen Oswald exiting the TSBD by the front entrance just minutes after the assassination. Again, no identification.

If I were as naive as David von Pein, these simple facts would not trouble me.

Sean,

You raise an interesting point. One would think that Brennan would have watched the front door closely after the assassination to try to spot, leaving the building, the guy he'd seen in the window. Not having "researched" it, I don't know if he did that or not. All I remember is a Murray photograph showing him standing in the background with some other people, including the "Rip Robertson" and "John Adrian O'Hare" - looking guys, and he's looking up (at an upper-floor TSBD window?) with his hard hat on.

http://www.jfkassass...lbum=125&pos=20 (Thanks, Robin Unger, for your great online collection of photos.)

It's interesting that Brennan apparently didn't see the shooter, whoever it was, leaving the building.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Brennan's 11/22 affidavit ends with the confident assertion:

"I believe that I could identify this man if I ever saw him again."

Well, Mr. Brennan did see an individual by the name of Lee Oswald later that day and--refused point-blank to identify him as the man he had seen firing from the sixth floor window.

It's also most probable that Brennan would have seen Oswald exiting the TSBD by the front entrance just minutes after the assassination. Again, no identification.

If I were as naive as David von Pein, these simple facts would not trouble me.

Sean,

You make an interesting point. One would think that Brennan would have watched the front door closely after the assassination to try to spot, leaving the building, the guy he'd seen in the window. Not having "researched" it, I don't know if he did that or not. All I remember is a Murray photograph showing him standing in the background with some other people, including the "Rip Robertson" and "John Adrian O'Hare" - looking guys, and he's looking up (at an upper-floor TSBD window?) with his hard hat on.

http://www.jfkassass...lbum=125&pos=20 (Thanks, Robin Unger, for your great online collection of photos.)

--Tommy :sun

Exactly, Tommy. Brennan will have been on high alert for the face he had seen up at the window.

Also worth noting that Oswald's decision to leave via the building's most high-visibility exit is itself suggestive of innocence of the shooting. Would the real shooter have put himself so casually in full view of any number of people who might have spotted him on the sixth floor just minutes earlier? Seems very unlikely.

Oswald, not having been the shooter, has no cause to hide his face now from the crowd gathered outside the building.

But, Sean, don't you think the fact that Oswald left the building at 12:33, via ANY exit, is a sign of guilt? Or at least possible guilt (esp. when factoring in the evidence that was found upstairs -- his gun, his prints in the Nest, etc.)?

Edited by David Von Pein

But, Sean, don't you think the fact that Oswald left the building at 12:33, via ANY exit, is a sign of guilt? Or at least possible guilt (esp. when factoring in the evidence that was found upstairs -- his gun, his prints in the Nest, etc.)?

Not necessarily a sign of guilt, no, but certainly a sign that he was involved in some way.

Not necessarily a sign of guilt, no, but certainly a sign that he was involved in some way.

Sean: Was trying to contact you via London Forum. Please check your messages. Thanks. DSL

Sean: Was trying to contact you via London Forum. Please check your messages. Thanks. DSL

Hi David, I've tried emailing you twice in the past few days, most recently at dlifton2003[at]yahoo.com. Did neither message reach you??

Sean

Hi David, I've tried emailing you twice in the past few days, most recently at dlifton2003[at]yahoo.com. Did neither message reach you??

Sean

Sorry, but I did not receive either one. Please try the Yahoo address again. Or check your Forum messages for other contact info. Sorry for the snafu. DSL

Sometimes i would say yes. If a person is very trusting and are friends with a certain person. This person over time could talk their friend into doing things. Like ask this person to take a package to a certain address or pickup one.

Over time there would be a trail leading to this trustimg person and his friend would have nothing leading to him at all.

Sometimes i would say yes. If a person is very trusting and are friends with a certain person. This person over time could talk their friend into doing things. Like ask this person to take a package to a certain address or pickup one.

Over time there would be a trail leading to this trusting person and his friend would have nothing leading to him at all.

Mark:

In the military/intelligence services, trust doesn't enter into it. Especially if you are a low ranking grunt. You are given orders, you carry them out. End of discussion.

In the case of Richard Nagell, a much higher ranking person than Oswald, who did realize that something was wrong, in hindsight I think the best thing he could have done back then was to go to a crackerjack criminal defense attorney, or maybe a constitutional attorney and lay his case out in affidavit form. Have the lawyer send copies to other lawyers he trusted. Have copies of these statements safely tucked away in safety deposit boxes. And so forth, you get the idea. Getting arrested by shooting off a gun inside a bank seems like a pretty wacky idea to me. Just sayin'.

Richard i am talking about someone you meet outside of the service.

Lets say person A is very trusting and person B becomes friends with person A and person A totally trust person B.

Over time person B has Person A run a bunch of errands which look on the surface normal.

But on the whole a trail would have been made leading to Person A while Person B gets away Scott free