The Education Forum

50 Questions that Can and Should be Answered

William Kelly

So, Bob P., you must think Commission Exhibit No. 1 (in Oswald's own Russian handwriting) is a fake too, right? You DO realize that CE1 pretty much seals the deal on Oswald's guilt in the Walker shooting, don't you?

Or maybe you think Oswald wrote this detailed list of "What To Do If I'm Arrested" instructions for Marina because he planned to steal a loaf of bread and a Dr. Pepper from the Piggly-Wiggly on the corner?

WH_Vol16_0013a.jpg

WH_Vol16_0013b.jpg

Dave

Changing the subject is not an acceptable way of answering a question.

All this tells me, and everyone else reading these posts, is that you have very good reasons to not want to discuss the Walker shooting and the "copper" jacketed and "steel" jacketed bullets, and how SA Frazier of the FBI lied in his testimony to the WC.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43) Why did Tippit stop his assailant?

This question also falls under the heading of "unanswerable" (since J.D. Tippit would be the only person who could possibly answer this question, and he was killed by Oswald). But it is an interesting question nonetheless. And I think the probable answer is:

Officer J.D. Tippit, for some reason, was somewhat suspicious of Oswald's movements. And Tippit had certainly heard the radio broadcast about the description of JFK's assassin....and in a general way, Oswald matched that description (slender white male; 5-feet-10, 165 pounds).

I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to think that Oswald was stopped by Tippit for any reason other than the one I just suggested.

Edited by David Von Pein

Robert Frazier didn't lie at all. That's just your interpretation of his testimony, Robert. And nothing more than that. Which is always the case with the conspiracy-happy crowd. I'm accustomed to it.

From the Warren Commission testimony of Special Agent Robert A. Frazier, FBI:

"Mr. EISENBERG - Can you think of any reason why someone might have called this a steel-jacketed bullet?

Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; except that some individuals commonly refer to rifle bullets as steel-jacketed bullets, when they actually in fact just have a copper-alloy jacket."

SA Frazier is basically denying the existence of steel jacketed bullets and bullets jacketed in compounds that bare a strong resemblance to steel (ie. zinc, nickel, cupro-nickel). As SA Frazier was considered to be an expert in the field of firearms, one would expect him to be aware of bullets that are clad in steel or alloys easily mistaken for steel.

Do you think he just happened to forget about these hundreds of millions of bullets when responding to Eisenberg or do you think he lied?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:8mm_Mauser_stripper_clip,_1941_Turkish_military_production.JPG

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A308Ger

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

45) Who found the jacket under the car and where did the cleaning tag come from?

Don't know. But we know that Oswald left his roominghouse zipping up a jacket, but he didn't have that jacket on when he was seen about 35 minutes later lurking in the entrance to Johnny Brewer's shoe store. And the jacket was found along the route that was taken by J.D. Tippit's killer.

The math isn't too hard to figure out here, is it?

39) Who gave the DPD the description of the assassin that was broadcast over the police radio at 12:45pm?

I touched on this topic in answering Question #33. It was very likely Howard L. Brennan who provided the description broadcast on the DPD radio at 12:45. But even if it wasn't--so what? In fact, I've always kind of liked the idea that maybe it WASN'T Brennan who was responsible for that APB broadcast. Because in that case, as I mentioned before in Question 33, it means that there was yet another (unidentified) person in Dealey Plaza who described the sixth-floor TSBD assassin virtually the same way that Howard Brennan did. Here's the verbatim words that were broadcast over the Dallas Police radio at 12:45 PM CST on November 22, 1963, just fifteen minutes after President Kennedy was shot:

"Attention all squads. The suspect from Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male about thirty, slender build, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 165 pounds, armed with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle. No further description at this time, or information. 12:45."

Let's compare that description with what Howard Brennan wrote in his 11/22/63 affidavit:

"He was a white man in his early 30's, slender, nice looking, slender and would weigh about 165 to 175 pounds."

Notice any similarities?

Of course, the part about the suspect being armed with a "30-30 rifle" probably didn't come from Brennan, because Brennan didn't know guns at all. So that part of the 12:45 DPD broadcast must have come from a different source entirely. But the description of the assassin is identical to the way Brennan himself described the assassin just a short time later on November 22nd in his Sheriff's Department affidavit.

Brennan according to his own words described the shooter thus.

""While I was waiting for the policeman to return, I looked around again at the scene. The chaos and anguish of a few minutes earlier had subdued. There was no one still sitting on the ground and the noise and confusion had begun to settle. A curious, almost eerie quiet had descended over the area. Shortly after we got to the front steps of the building a plain clothes policeman came out of the door.[5] He asked me what I had seen and I told him. I gave him a description of the man I had seen on the sixth floor with the rifle. “He was a young man about 25 to 35 years old. He seemed to be of average height, not over six feet and he had dark hair that was beginning to recede.” He went to a police car that was parked nearby and broadcast the description I had given him. I learned later that this was the first description broadcast to all units of the Dallas Police Department and may have led Officer J. D. Tippit to stop Lee Harvey Oswald.

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/history/the_deed/brennan/brennan_book.html

The description on the Police tapes describe the shooter as follows:

"White male, approximately thirty, slender build, height five ten, weighs one sixty-five,"

How does "He was a young man about 25 to 35 years old.He seemd to be of average height, not over six feet and had dark hair beginning to recede" morph into"White male, approximately thirty, slender build, height five feet ten, weighs one sixty five" ?

modify_inline.gif

How does "He was a young man about 25 to 35 years old. He seemed to be of average height, not over six feet and had dark hair beginning to recede" morph into "White male, approximately thirty, slender build, height five feet ten, weighs one sixty five"?

Huh? What are you talking about, Ray? No "morphing" is needed there at all. Both of those descriptions are very similar. No major differences at all. (Except that one of them has a weight estimate, while the other doesn't mention weight at all.)

"Young man about 25 to 35 years old" = "Approximately 30".

"Average height, not over six feet" = "5-feet-10".

What's the gripe? Both of those descriptions are perfectly consistent with each other. Although it does appear that Mr. Brennan decided to change around the age bracket for Oswald when he wrote his book. Because AFAIK, Brennan never placed Oswald's age in the "20s" at all. It was always "early 30s" or "about 30".

But maybe I'm incorrect about that point. It could be that there is some FBI or Secret Service report somewhere in the files that has Brennan describing the sixth-floor sniper as being "25 to 35 years of age", but I don't recall ever seeing such a document. But even with a slight change in the age bracketing for his book, Brennan's "early 30s" description is still a nice match, with 30 falling right smack-dab in the middle of Brennan's 25 to 35 range (which I assume is, indeed, in his book, as quoted by Ray Mitcham above).

So, again, what's the big deal?

jfk-archives.blogspot.com / Howard L. Brennan

Edited by David Von Pein