The Education Forum

Bill Simpich's State Secret

William Kelly

Bill Simpich's State Secret - Wiretapping in Mexico City, Double Agents, and the Framing of Lee Oswald

Available for free serialized at Mary Ferrel - this week - the Preface

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Featured_State_Secrets_Preface

This book is being released fifty years after the events of September 27, 1963....

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Simpich_Test_1

This book is about the counterintelligence activity behind the JFK story and its role in the death of President Kennedy....

The cover-up of the President's death is a state secret....

The JFK case is not an insoluble mystery, but more of a steeplechase. What we need is access to our history and a passion for tough-minded analysis. It's not a lot different than a clear-eyed examination of the roots of war or what it will take to end world hunger or global warming. Errico Malatesta was a well-known Spanish agitator who spoke throughout Europe about his vision for a better world. Malatesta would often suggest that "everything depends on what the people are capable of wanting."

- Bill Simpich

Edited by William Kelly

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The preface is a good introduction to what promises to be an interesting case study.

Bill Simpich writes that State Secret will focus on Mexico City, James Angleton, Anne Goodpasture, Bill Harvey, and the enigmatic David Morales. All four persons are worthy of study in the field of intelligence history generally and their relation to the JFK case specifically.

The preface is packed with intriguing questions and provocative ideas from a historical and legal perspective, grounded in documented sources.

It can be dense material for those not well versed in the subject. As well, some paragraphs don't quite transition smoothly which affects the readability.

However, those mild criticisms aside, I look forward to delving into State Secret each week. I also agree with Bill Simpich that people need to roll up their sleeves and research hard cases like this one.

-- Steve

o0t.gif

Hi Bill.... Thank You

Best Regards in Research

+++Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepage: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspects, + Outstanding Researchers Discoveries + Key Considerations....
http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-men-of-courage-jfk-assassination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Detailed Map: Detailing 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations + Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses Locations, Photographers, Suspected Bullet Trajectories, Important Information + Key Considerations, in One Convenient Resource....
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3966/dppluschartsupdated1111.gif
(updated map, + new information)

Visual Report: The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Still Hidden Under the "magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2446/206cropjfk1102308ms8.gif

Visual Report: Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in, Garbage-out.... http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5066/jsf.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Headsnap: West, Ultrafast, and
Directly Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2011/01/discovery-close-jfk-assassination.html

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

For the United States:
Edited by Don Roberdeau

Bill Simpich's State Secret - Wiretapping in Mexico City, Double Agents, and the Framing of Lee Oswald

Available for free serialized at Mary Ferrel - this week - the Preface

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Featured_State_Secrets_Preface

This book is being released fifty years after the events of September 27, 1963....

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Simpich_Test_1

This book is about the counterintelligence activity behind the JFK story and its role in the death of President Kennedy....

The cover-up of the President's death is a state secret....

The JFK case is not an insoluble mystery, but more of a steeplechase. What we need is access to our history and a passion for tough-minded analysis. It's not a lot different than a clear-eyed examination of the roots of war or what it will take to end world hunger or global warming. Errico Malatesta was a well-known Spanish agitator who spoke throughout Europe about his vision for a better world. Malatesta would often suggest that "everything depends on what the people are capable of wanting."

- Bill Simpich

Thanks, Bill! You are the man!

Now, a question for everyone:

In the following 2012 Lancer presentation by Bill Simpich, he says, "JM/Wave, again, was in Miami and it had a contingent in Mexico City as well, in the embassy."

http://justiceforkennedy.blogspot.com/2013/04/bill-simpichs-lancer-2012-presentation.html

Joe Backes, who posted the presentation on his Justice for Kennedy website, asked a question which I paraphrase here:

Can it be verified that JM/Wave had a contingent in the Mexico City embassy in 1963?

And my very own question:

Which embassy?

Thanks,

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy, not precisely sure about your question but Bill has a number of documents which refer to JMWAVE activities in Mexico City. Actually I mentioned some of this in NEXUS including AMMOT

activity in Mexico City and in particular both JMWAVE folks in Miami and Mexico City suddenly becoming very concerned about the Cuban individual involved in the backchannel dialog

between JFK and Castro in fall 1963....after having no interest in the guy for years he suddenly starts showing up in urgent messages from both locations - with the goal of actually planting

a Miami station AMMOT on him as I recall.

Specifically in regard to the question I'm thinking the most pricise answer might be that there was a JMWAVE subsidiary group in Mexico City, compartmentalized from the CIA station

itself which was, as usual under American embassy cover. Actually its not that unusual to find a separate mission like that, its pretty standard practice and helps isolate the operational

folks, especially if they are also trying to stage operations into third party countries. .

Anyway, Bill will will be telling the story and will do so in much more detail....and no doubt both knows it and is more current with it than I so I'll leave it to him.

-- Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a great memo showing that the Special Affairs Staff (FitzGerald's Cuba desk at Headquarters) had a contingent at the CIA's Mexico City station:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1448&relPageId=14

In terms of JMWAVE, all I can find right now is a couple memos that are addressed to both JMWAVE and the Mexico City station in Mexico City, but I think I have some thing better, give me a few days. Bill

Specifically in regard to the question I'm thinking the most pricise answer might be that there was a JMWAVE subsidiary group in Mexico City, compartmentalized from the CIA station

itself which was, as usual under American embassy cover.

Larry, just to confirm this: my grandfather was an counter-insurgency expert with a career that included OSS, COI, OWI and USIA. His last "cover" was as a Consular Officer in China with the Dept. of State.

Edited by Chris Newton

Thanks Chris, it certainly gets very complex and I explore the subject in great detail in Shadow Warfare, intelligence personnel frequently used both State and AID covers and the country CIA station was essentially "buried" within the embassy or consular staff in most instances. That makes things confusing enough since sometimes the CIA station also operated with "detached" personnel - as they did in Mexico City - who certainly could not be seen with or around the normal officers. In was difficult enough to manage that remotely but things got even more complex when there were actual "operations" being supported by people in country who had to be totally compartmentalized from the county CIA staff. In Mexico City only the station chief and David Phillips were authorized to know about the AMWORLD operation and its safe houses, which had to be totally insulated from both the normal station staff and even its outside assets.

One of the things I was referring to in my previous post was the linkage between JMWAVE and Mexico City, we do have limited indications of it, in some case JMWAVE was supporting station operations - for example an AMOT was sent down to train some of the external wire tap and surveillance personnel isolated from the station. In other instances there seem to be communications strictly between JMWAVE personnel in Mexico City and Miami, with no sign that the local station knew what they were doing - which makes sense if they were engaged in something like exfiltarion or infiltrations from Cuba.

The one thing you could almost always count on was that the country ambassador was never fully briefed on what was going on, but then it was important for his denials to be "sincere"...grin.

Here's the links to Chapter 3 and the earlier chapters - all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Chapter 3: The Cuban Compound in Mexico City Was Ground Zero of my new book State Secret: Wiretapping in Mexico City, Double Agents, and the Framing of Lee Oswald is now available for reading online at MFF.

Chapter 3 focuses on the war on Cuba during 1963, CIA efforts to kill Castro and recruit Cuban government officials, and how Castro effectively used double agents to ward off American plans to assassinate him and wage a coup d'etat.

State Secret is being serialized a chapter at a time, with a new chapter appearing approximately weekly. Over the coming several weeks, the full book will become available online. All donations to MFF greatly appreciated.

See also previously-published chapters:

Preface

Chapter 1: The Double Dangle

Chapter 2: Three Counterintelligence Teams Watched Oswald

Here's the links to Chapter 3 and the earlier chapters - all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Chapter 3: The Cuban Compound in Mexico City Was Ground Zero of my new book State Secret: Wiretapping in Mexico City, Double Agents, and the Framing of Lee Oswald is now available for reading online at MFF.

Chapter 3 focuses on the war on Cuba during 1963, CIA efforts to kill Castro and recruit Cuban government officials, and how Castro effectively used double agents to ward off American plans to assassinate him and wage a coup d'etat.

State Secret is being serialized a chapter at a time, with a new chapter appearing approximately weekly. Over the coming several weeks, the full book will become available online. All donations to MFF greatly appreciated.

Preface

Bill,

I like your theories, and I must say that you do a good job of supporting them with pertinent documentary evidence.

I like the idea that although Oswald might have been sent to Russia by US intelligence, he may have gone to Russia on his own (I'm thinking that he wanted to be a double or triple agent). Regardless of his motives, it makes sense that Oswald was closely monitored by both the KGB and the CIA while he was there. It also stands to reason that he was used by the CIA as a U-2 info-based "dangle," and in conjunction with "defector" Robert Webster, a man whom he facially resembled (at least from certain angles) and whose biometrics were apparently assigned to Oswald to create "marked cards" for the Mole Hunt.

It's fascinating that a probable result of this was the DPD's being unintentionally supplied with Webster's approximate height and weight and age on 11/22/63, which the DPD then broadcast to its officers to help them in their ostensible search for JFK's killer.

One minor point I'd like to make, and it's obviously no criticism of you, is the interesting fact that the following document says that no derogatory information about Oswald was found in his Marine Corps files right after he defected in 1959. It makes no mention of the fact that he was court martialed twice while stationed in Japan. But maybe they were just looking for more serious, "national security" type behaviors or offenses.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=117797&relPageId=260

So, I'm with you and support you.

What you've said elsewhere about Goodpastures' creating the fraudulent Mystery Man = Oswald situation and creating and disseminating different Oswald "marked cards" in her attempt to determine who had penetrated LIENVOY (as evidenced by the impersonation of Oswald and Duran on September 28, 1963) makes sense, too.

I suppose the biggest compliment I can give you is that what you've written helps to me to understand the implications of Newman's Oswald and the CIA.

Here's an excellent article on Webster and Oswald by Gary Hill in The Fourth Decade:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=48688&relPageId=49

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 10/29/2013 at 6:08 PM, Thomas Graves said:
On 10/29/2013 at 3:51 PM, Bill Simpich said:

Preface

Bill,

I like your theories, and I must say that you do a good job of supporting them with pertinent documentary evidence.

I particularly like the idea that although Oswald might have been sent to Russia by US intelligence, he may have gone to Russia on his own. I'm toying with the idea that he wanted to become a double or triple agent, and went there with a little advice and help from his "friends".

Regardless of his motives for going to Russia, it makes sense that Oswald was closely monitored by both the KGB and the CIA while he was there. It also stands to reason that he was used by the CIA as a U-2 info-based "dangle," and in conjunction with "defector" Robert Webster, a man whom he facially resembled (at least from certain angles) and whose biometrics were apparently assigned to Oswald to create "marked cards" for The Mole Hunt.

It's fascinating and ironic that a probable result of this was the DPD's being unintentionally supplied with Webster's height and weight and approximate age on 11/22/63, which the DPD then broadcast to its officers to help them in their "search" for JFK's killer.

One minor point I'd like to make, and it's obviously no criticism of you, is the interesting fact that the following document says that no derogatory information about Oswald was found in his Marine Corps files right after he defected in 1959. It makes no mention of the fact that he was court martialed twice while stationed in Japan. But maybe they were just looking for more serious, "national security" type behaviors or offenses.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=117797&relPageId=260

So, I'm with you and support you, especially on what you've said about Goodpastures' creating the fraudulent Mystery Man = Oswald situation and, with the help of Egerter, creating and disseminating Oswald "marked cards" in an attempt to determine who, as evidenced by the impersonation of Oswald and Duran on September 28, 1963 in Mexico City, had penetrated LIENVOY,.

I suppose the biggest compliment I can give you is that what you've written helps to me to understand the implications of Newman's Oswald and the CIA.

PS I'm still reading Chapter 3 and I just noticed an obvious typo:

"Besides being the only officer to know Oswald’s background, [Bill] Bright appears to be the only officer at the Mexico City station who knew that Soviet consul Kostikov was the CIA’s case officer for the double agent known to the CIA as AEBURBLE and to the FBI as TUMBLEWEED, a case which had caused discussion between Jim Angleton and J. Edgar Hoover."

Typo aside, what you've pointed out about this Bill Bright guy sure makes him look like a "person of interest."

Sorry, I tried to edit it and mistakenly double-posted.

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 10/30/2013 at 0:07 PM, David Andrews said:

To Bill Simpich: Does Richard Case Nagell enter into your researches on Kostikov and Oswald?

I have a question for Bill Simpich, too:

Bill,

Is it fair to say that Goodpasture (in trying to figure out who, by impersonating Oswald in a wiretap, had penetrated LIENOVY) chose Moskalev to serve, photographically, as the fake Oswald-at-the-Cuban-Consulate-on-October-1  not only because he was captured on film about the same time (Oct. 2), but also because, of all the American-looking men captured on film there about that time, he (Moskalev) came the closest to matching the biometrics of "re-defector" Robert Webster, whose vital statistics had been substituted for Oswalds's few years earlier to be used as Popov' Mole mole-hunting "marked cards"?

Was Goodpasture knowingly perpetuating the false information in those old marked cards, or was she simply unaware of Oswald's true biometrics?

Concomitantly, was it just a coincidence that the guy who eventually became known as "Mexico City Mystery Man" was a KGB officer / agent (Moskalev), or was there something "more" to it?

Thanks,

Edited by Thomas Graves

To Bill Simpich: Does Richard Case Nagell enter into your researches on Kostikov and Oswald?

I have a question for Bill Simpich, too:

Bill,

Is it fair to say that Goodpasture (in trying to figure out who, by impersonating Oswald in a wiretap, had penetrated LIENOVY) chose Moskalev to serve, photographically, as the fake Oswald-at-the-Cuban-Consulate-on-October-1 figure not only because he was captured on film about the same time (Oct. 2) that Oswald was allegedly there, but also because, of all the American-looking men captured on film there about that time, Moskalev came the closest to matching the biometrics of "re-defector" Robert Webster, whose vital statistics, as you point out, had been used a few years earlier in describing Oswald in some of Angleton's mole-hunting "marked cards"?

Was Goodpasture knowingly perpetuating the false information in those old marked cards, or was she simply unaware of Oswald's true biometrics?

Concomitantly, was it just a coincidence that the guy who eventually became known as "Mexico City Mystery Man" was a KGB officer / agent (Moskalev), or was there something "more" to it?

Thanks,

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves