The Education Forum

Killing Oswald documentary

Hi all,

After my film on the Bobby Kennedy assassination five years ago, I'm about to release a new documentary called Killing Oswald, primarily about Lee Harvey Oswald's strange and mysterious road to Dallas.

The film features interviews with John Newman, Dick Russell, David Kaiser, Joan Mellen, Antonio Veciana and Watergate burglar Eugenio Martinez; alongside rare archive film and audiotapes of Oswald and his alleged CIA handlers George De Mohrenschildt and David Atlee Phillips. The DVD will also feature extensive interviews with Doug Horne on the Zapruder Film and the medical evidence.

The world premiere is next Sunday evening (Nov 17) at the Texas Theatre, so if any of you will be in Dallas next weekend, it should be a memorable evening. The film will be available to stream from the website from the 22nd and the DVD is also available for pre-order (shipping around the 22nd, too).

For forum members near London, there will be a limited theatrical release here on Friday the 22nd, with a premiere at a cinema in East London that evening and further screenings at the Shortwave cinema in Bermondsey over the weekend. If anyone would like to organise a screening in your community for the anniversary weekend anywhere in the world, please just get in touch through the project website.

Thanks again to John and forum members for inspiring my research into these subjects for these films and I'll be happy to discuss the new film here once some of you have seen it.

Cheers,

Shane

Congratulations, Shane.

I spoke with Mrs. Gaeton Fonzi in Pittsburgh, and she confirmed what I'd heard elsewhere, that Veciana remained friendly with her husband till the end, and supported Fonzi's ID of Phillips as Bishop, while refusing to say so publicly.

Did Veciana say as much to you?

Edited by Pat Speer

Thanks, Pat. That's interesting about Mrs. Fonzi. I interviewed Veciana for my Bobby Kennedy film originally and we discussed Bishop in great detail. He still wanted to keep his promise to Bishop but you can read between the lines and feel he supports Fonzi's ID. The Guillermo Ruiz story is also very interesting.

Guest Robert Morrow

Shane - excellent idea and I am looking forward to it.

Scott Kaiser and I interviewed Antonio Veciana in July, 2013 at his marine supply shop in Miami.

He spoke very fondly of Gaeton Fonzi. Veciana said that he tried to kill Castro 3 times 1961 in Cuba, 1973 (?), and 1978 or so when Castro was going to speak at the United Nations in NYC. Veciana said that the attempt on his like most likely came from Castro agents located in the USA and that Castro had been tipped off that Veciana's folks were out to get him by the FBI. So in other words, the FBI was endangering Veciana and protecting Castro (after all Veciana operatives were trying to kill Castro).

Veciana also said that he, over time, met 20-35 times with his CIA handler David Atlee Phillips and that he was convinced it was David Atlee Phillips (aka Maurice Bishop) who he saw with Oswald in Dallas in late August, 1963.

Veciana also said that he thinks David Atlee Phillips and David Morales were involved in the JFK assassination - he probably got that by reading Gaeton Fonzi's book which he called the best ever on the JFK assassination.

Veciana also said that he does not think any anti-Castro Cubans were involved in the JFK assassination.(Note: that is not a view I share - they were in it.)

Because back in the day Veciana was so radical, being affiliated with Alpha 66, other researchers have speculated that he (Veciana) might have been involved in the JFK assassination.

My estimation, based on his demeanor and candor, is that there is absolutely no way at all that Veciana was involved in the JFK assassination. And he actually said that is was a good idea, in hindsight, that John Kennedy did not bomb/invade Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Thanks, Robert. That's interesting that he finally identified Phillips! I also got the feeling Veciana had no part in the plot, he was a very straight talker and we covered much of the same ground you did.

Thanks, Anthony. Yes, John Newman is definitely back researching the case and is working on another book for next year sometime. He's very interested in David Phillips, June Cobb, JMWAVE and the network around Rolando Cubela, among other subjects.

Shane, It took me a very long time to even think that there was a second gunman in the Robert Kennedy assassination. Your film goes directly to the sources to show that was, in fact, the case. Just the two police officers that said they saw and 'felt' the bullets in the support beam for the doors showed too many bullets.

Anyway, thank you so much for the RFK film, and I am looking forward to 'Killing Oswald'. It is obvious that you will not be swayed by innuendos or hearsay, and are working with the facts, regardless of where they may lead.

My best to you!

Edited by Terry Adams

After the premiere last night at the Texas Theatre in Dallas, the UK premiere of Killing Oswald will take place at the Genesis Cinema in East London at 7p.m. on Friday, November 22nd, with a Q&A afterwards. I hope some of you can make it along.

The film will be available to stream on the website from Friday and the DVD will begin shipping shortly.

Best,

Shane

We've had some great reviews for the UK cinema release and I'm pleased to say KILLING OSWALD is now available to stream worldwide through the website.

It features never-before-seen film and audio archive of Oswald, David Phillips, George De Mohrenschildt and Loran Hall, as well as insight and analysis from John Newman, Dick Russell, David Kaiser, Joan Mellen, Antonio Veciana and Eugenio Martinez. Enjoy the film!

• 5 years later...

I don't what took me so long to see this documentary, but I finally rented it on Vimeo and was incredibly impressed.

Yes, it has it's flaws like anything else, but for me it's the best single piece of evidence that a conspiracy was afoot in the lead-up to Dallas.

The best JFK documentaries for me feature as much footage of real sites and real people as possible.  I get tired of theorizing and want to see who was involved.  This doc delivers, featuring rare if never-before-seen archival footage including a video of one helluva suspicious character in the case - Ed Butler https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKbutlerED.htm.  He was the one responsible for holding onto the audio and film record of LHO's propaganda operation in NO and who personally delivered that film to the networks and DC influencers the night of the assassination - somehow beating JFK's body to the capital.

It's all so sad and obvious someone was manipulating LHO.  There is no way this guy is doing this crap on his own. The intelligence community - from the CIA and FBI on down - keeps giving him a pass because they know he's a valued asset.  In fact, the connections are so obvious I was beginning to wonder why they would use him as a patsy at all.  There is still the outside chance someone with knowledge of his intelligence connections hijacked Oswald for the JFK hit knowing it would be covered up by the govt as fast as possible.

Newman, Russell and Mellen are awesome and in top form.  And although David Kaiser at first pushes his mob-did-it theory, that generally disappears and he offers some great objective commentary on how strange this all was.

Nobody really investigated what this doc shows (although Sprague and Tannenbaum sure tried).  The CIA led the way in felonious obstruction.  Warren got talked into fearing WWIII by LBJ.  And Cronkite and NY Times led the way in trying to make Americans feel like their govt had the case handled when it obviously did not.

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about the new HBO series The Watchmen.  And he had no idea about Black Wall Street and the Tulsa race massacre.  He said it was ridiculous to say there was never domestic terrorism on our soil until recently.  He said he never heard about it in 16 years of schooling and countless American history courses.

Unfortunately, that's where the real story of the JFK assassination currently sits.  The vast majority of Americans don't know about the overwhelming evidence of conspiracy.  Shane O'Sullivan's documentary does the best job I've seen of presenting the case for conspiracy by simply laying out the facts.  It should be required viewing by all America students, high school age on up.

Shane, this is the first time I have seen this thread. But, I will see your movie, if possible.  What are your thoughts about jack Ruby going to the radio station that Mclendon owned around the time of the assassination? And, McLendon was friends with David Atlee Philips. Do you think DAP could have communicated with Ruby via the radio station?