• British Isles
    • Continental Europe
    • Middle East and Central Asia
    • North America
    • Oceania and Antartica
    • South America
    • East Asia
    • Australia/New Zealand

We now have 457 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (68), France (11), USA (10), Spain (8), Australia (7), Sweden (5), Netherlands (5), Canada (5), Italy (4), Greece (3), Finland (2), Brazil (2), China (1), Denmark (1), Belgium (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Sudan (1), Ireland (1), Austria (1) and Hong Kong (1).

Only a third of members have so far added their biographies. We do not encourage anonymity on the forum. It is a membership requirement that members let us know who they are by adding their name and educational organization to their signature and by posting a brief biography at:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=403

We therefore ask all those members who have not yet done so, to add both your biography and your name to the signature. To do this:

Select My Controls (top, right of the screen).

On the left-hand side click ‘Edit Signature’ (under Personal Profile). In the box provided add your name. You may wish to add your country and your educational organization (plus the URL of website).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have 505 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (71), France (11), USA (10), Spain (8), Australia (8), Sweden (5), Netherlands (5), Canada (5), Italy (4), Greece (3), Finland (2), Brazil (2), China (1), Denmark (1), Belgium (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Sudan (1), Ireland (1), Philippines (1), Austria (1) and Hong Kong (1).

• 1 month later...

Do you think we can have an option for 'in the ether' or perhaps the opportunity to have more than one vote?

I live in Canada and do some ESL tutoring here but the majority of my work is now done online for organisations in India, Iceland and Rwanda!

Rowena

• 1 month later...

We now have 688 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (79), USA (26), France (14), Australia (12), Spain (9), Netherlands (6), Sweden (5), Canada (5), Belgium (4), Italy (4), Greece (3), Finland (3), Brazil (2), China (1), Denmark (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Sudan (1), Ireland (1), Philippines (1), Austria (1), India (1) and Hong Kong (1).

I cannot help remarking that I do not feel as if I live in "Oceania and Antarctica". I know Tasmania is the last frontier of civilization before Antarctica (hence we have an International Antarctic Education Centre here in Hobart) but it does feel a bit of a watery description of Australia.

I'm completely in agreeance there :)

I know Tasmania is close enough to that cold barren land below, but I have a feeling that you'll find very few members posting from Antarctica.

But in any case, add me to the Oceania section :)

We now have 688 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (79), USA (26), France (14), Australia (12), Spain (9), Netherlands (6), Sweden (5), Canada (5), Belgium (4), Italy (4), Greece (3), Finland (3), Brazil (2),  China (1), Denmark (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Sudan (1), Ireland (1), Philippines (1), Austria (1), India (1)  and Hong Kong (1).

The statistic must be incorrect when only counting participants who submitted their biography.

At Czech and Slovakian Forum there are so far four active participants but because they did not submit any biography (lack of knowledge of English or lack of confidence prevented them to do that) they are not included in the statistic. Isn’t that a pity?

The amount of active participants is far larger and in respect of origin far more exotic than we actually know about if we only use the biography details to make a statistic.

Edited by Dalibor Svoboda

I agree, but please encourage your Czech and Slovak colleagues to post even just a short message in the biographies letting us know who they and where they work. I am sure that many will also have interesting insights to post in John's new Cold War section.

At Czech and Slovakian Forum there are so far four active participants but because they did not submit any biography (lack of knowledge of English or lack of confidence prevented them to do that) they are not included in the statistic. Isn’t that a pity?

The amount of active participants is far larger and in respect of origin far more exotic than we actually know about if we only use the biography details to make a statistic.

I am fully aware of this and is the main reason why I ask people to post their biographies on the forum. It is the only way I have of knowing where people are coming from. As Andy says, it only has to be brief (just name and country will do).

• 3 weeks later...

We now have 792 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (87), USA (34), France (14), Australia (14), Spain (9), Netherlands (6), Canada (6), Sweden (5), Belgium (4), Italy (4), Greece (3), Finland (3), Brazil (2), China (1), Denmark (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Romania (1), Sudan (1), Ireland (1), Philippines (1), Austria (1), India (1) and Hong Kong (1).

• 3 weeks later...

Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (98), USA (40), France (14), Australia (14), Spain (9), Netherlands (6), Canada (6), Sweden (5), Belgium (4), Italy (4), Greece (3), Finland (3), Brazil (2), Ireland (2), China (1), Denmark (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Romania (1), Sudan (1), Philippines (1), Austria (1), India (1) and Hong Kong (1).

• 2 months later...

One of the advantages of making everyone submit a biography is that we can get an accurate picture of our members. Currently we have 957 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (136), USA (84), Australia (29), France (14), Spain (10), Canada (7), Netherlands (6), Sweden (6), Belgium (5), Italy (4), Finland (4), Greece (3), Ireland (3), Brazil (2), New Zealand (2), Denmark (2), China (1), Germany (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Romania (1), Sudan (1), Mexico (1), Borneo (1), Colombo (1), Nigeria (1), Argentina (1), South Africa (1), Philippines (1), Austria (1), India (1), Hungary (1) and Hong Kong (1).

One of the points made is that members can cope with reading English but find it difficult to post in another language.

• 2 months later...

I am from West BY GOD Virginia and I come from a land of fragrant foliage, big black bears, cold mountains and warm river plains, wild, wonderful WEST VIRGINIA. I escaped the MOONSHINERS, HILLBILLYS and VIETNAM VETS growing various crops, corn, squash, beans, pigs, chickens and apples.

I moved to Georgia where there is RED DIRT and NASCAR and PEANUTS and COTTON. PECAN TREES and a long rugged Atlantic Coastline.

Someday I Will live in VIRGINIA, in the GREAT VALLEY, between the BLUE RIDGE and the HIGH ALLEGHENIES. Until then I live in a suburb of a big city in a ranch house on five acres behind a Kroger..................

Currently we have 1,086 members. Reading the biographies section it seems we now have members from Britain (174), USA (133), Australia (33), France (18), Spain (17), Canada (14), Netherlands (6), Sweden (6), Ireland (5), Belgium (5), Italy (4), Finland (4), Greece (4), Germany (3), Romania (3), Brazil (2), New Zealand (2), Denmark (2), Czech Republic (2), Nigeria (2), India (2), Hungary (2), Hong Kong (2), China (1), Poland (1), Serbia (1), Belarus (1), Israel (1), South Korea (1), Sudan (1), Mexico (1), Borneo (1), Colombo (1), Kenya (1), Argentina (1), South Africa (1), Philippines (1), Iraq (1) and Austria (1).

One of the points made is that members can cope with reading English but find it difficult to post in another language.

If anyone wants to post a biography and needs it translated from Spanish into English (and it's fairly short!), PM it to me and I'll send you back a good enough translation to use...

• 6 months later...