The Education Forum

Eladio del Valle

I disagree with two of the claims in John's article. It has never been proven from any reliable source that del Valle worked with or even knew David Ferrie. All such accounts track back to a National Enquirer article which contains disprovable information. Second, the committee del Valle was associated with had no connection with Sergio Arcacha Smith.

I disagree with two of the claims in John's article. It has never been proven from any reliable source that del Valle worked with or even knew David Ferrie. All such accounts track back to a National Enquirer article which contains disprovable information. Second, the committee del Valle was associated with had no connection with Sergio Arcacha Smith.

Stephen,

Which committee was del Valle associated with?

--Tommy :sun

Stephen,

The important point here is that, no matter what you or I think, Jim Garrison regarded del Valle as one of his most important witnesses, and he wound up dead. Shot and with a hatchet through his head dead. Those kinds of very, very unnatural deaths are all too familiar to those of us who research the JFK assassination and similar cases. Combined with Ferrie's own unnatural death, it defies credulity to believe there was no connection to the Garrison investigation.

Someone must have thought Garrison was on the right track, because his witnesses were either dying before they could help him, or being denied extradition in unprecedented, uncooperative actions by Governors like Ronald Reagan and John Connally.

Stephen,

The important point here is that, no matter what you or I think, Jim Garrison regarded del Valle as one of his most important witnesses, and he wound up dead. Shot and with a hatchet through his head dead. Those kinds of very, very unnatural deaths are all too familiar to those of us who research the JFK assassination and similar cases. Combined with Ferrie's own unnatural death, it defies credulity to believe there was no connection to the Garrison investigation.

Someone must have thought Garrison was on the right track, because his witnesses were either dying before they could help him, or being denied extradition in unprecedented, uncooperative actions by Governors like Ronald Reagan and John Connally.

Was Eladio del Valle a narcotics trafficker?

--Tommy :sun

Stephen,

I can't find any interest in him in any of the contemporaneous materials, but perhaps there was some interest which was not recorded. As for del Valle's death, one has to factor in some of his alleged underworld connections. How do you see del Valle relating to the assassination probe? As for Ferrie's death, I keep finding little hints that he was sick in 1966 and 1967.

When Ferrie mentions that Del Valle was his "CIA Paymaster"......do we just ignore or count such claims as irrelevant especially given the context and nature of not only Del Valle's death but also Ferrie and a myriad of other LA-based witnesses?

My original response was only to two narrow points from John's article. Where does Ferrie himself allege any relationship with del Valle?

I think sometimes there's a tendency to pile-on Ferrie, to believe any accusation without any attempt to verify the source. Ferrie was an interesting guy with some interesting real connections, but we should be careful about weaker ones.

Stephen - I agree on the piling on of Ferrie, but do you dismiss the Tendedera article in the National Enquirer?

Let me give you just one example. Tendedera - who is the one and ONLY source - claimed that Del Valle and Ferrie worked together every day for a six-month period, which, in context, has to be the second half of 1960. But Ferrie's flight record from Eastern Air Lines in New Orleans completely precludes that. (Further, I can't find any friend of Ferrie who knew about any such relationship.) As this article is the ONLY source for Del Valle-Ferrie relationship, yes, it needs to be regarded with caution. Doesn't it?

Perhaps you have done more research in this area than I. To be fair the article says they worked together nearly every day, so maybe some hyperbole there. Where can I find reference to Ferrie's flight schedule with Eastern, or to his friends denying a relationship with Eladio?