The Education Forum

How a Master Planner Became a Monster Plotter

by Greg Burnham

This document is an analysis of James Jesus Angleton’s obsession with assumed KGB penetration into high levels of the CIA

and how that obsession impacted the functioning of the Agency. Subjects covered include Lee Harvey Oswald, Yuriy Nosenko,

Anatoliy Golitsyn, and Dimitriy Polyakov, among others.

James-Jesus-Angleton1.jpg

Paul,

The file opens up in a "light box" within the page. However, it is from a PDF file. Although I use a Mac, I am not as familiar with an Ipad. To open a PDF file you need an application or program

that can read PDF files, such as, Adobe Reader or Preview. Do you have either of those on your Ipad? If not--and if it's possible--you might need to download for it to work. Do you have the

"Quick Look" program on your Ipad? If so, that should work, I think.

Thanks Greg - the link works. Interesting - wonder about the blacked out portions. Angleton would have been the perfect KGB mole. How to square that possibility with Newman's theory that Angleton ran Oswald, especially in Mexico City.

Thanks Greg - the link works. Interesting - wonder about the blacked out portions. Angleton would have been the perfect KGB mole. How to square that possibility with Newman's theory that Angleton ran Oswald, especially in Mexico City.

That's an interesting thought. However, I think it is more likely that Joe McCarthy was a Communist (which is highly unlikely) than it is likely Angleton was a KGB mole. Angleton was like McCarthy on steroids with a black budget to boot!