The Education Forum

The AARC Conference at the Bethesda Hyatt

David Lifton

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Bill. Your impression is greatly appreciated. Did you see the Robertson and Mantik one on one? I thought that was gonna be on the dictabelt evidence...

P.S. Although it felt like a dungeon, the breakout room was actually one floor above the main room.

Edited by Pat Speer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread is the closest I've found to make a relevant comment on David Lifton's classic, Best Evidence (1992).

I watched David Lifton's video, Best Evidence: The Research Video again tonight, and it's just as good today as it was in the 90's.

I agree with every last notion that you presented, David, except for your final sentence -- indicating that the manipulation of JFK's body en route from Dallas to Bethesda was necessarily evidence of a US Government coup'd'etat.

Your reasoning was scientifically precise up to that point, IMHO, but you didn't offer any alternatives to your conclusion.

It was Jim Marrs in the 1990's, I believe, who first said that there wasn't one conspiracy, but two: (1) the conspiracy to murder JFK, which worked very well; and (2) the conspiracy to cover it up, which didn't work as well.

Well, that's right, but that can be explained in a benign manner -- contrary to the conventional wisdom on this Forum.

My benign alternative is this: the conspiracy to cover-up the JFK murder wasn't planned by the same people -- nor was it months in the making (as the JFK murder was).

Instead, the cover-up was hastily thrown together by the US Government for the precise reason that Earl Warren stated -- National Security.

In fact, the murderers of JFK clearly WANTED the American public to believe that there was a Conspiracy to kill JFK -- a COMMUNIST Conspiracy. This explains best why Lee Harvey Oswald was carefully sheep-dipped (Jim Garrison's term) in New Orleans for the entire summer of 1963 (and this probably started in late April).

In my alternative scenario, the US Government tampered with assassination evidence for one purpose only -- to show that a LONE SHOOTER was alone responsible, so that the American people would not riot and possibly fall into Civil War in the middle of the Cold War.

In other words, it was to avoid panic. Also, since Communism and Anticommunism were so polarized in 1963, it was impossible for Earl Warren, Hoover, LBJ and all the others to predict when and how it would be resolved. So they extended the top-secret status of the Lee Harvey Oswald files, and the actual medical evidence of JFK's body -- until 75 years after the fact.

If we will grant that National Security was the aim -- and not protection of the guilty parties (who were probably well-known by Hoover and well-monitored afterwards) then we can accept your entire scientific approach to the JFK murder, David, and yet arrive at a different and benign CONCLUSION.

Otherwise, reason itself demands agreement with your first principle -- JFK's body is clearly the Best Evidence in the case -- and it remains hidden from public view to this very day. We can only hope that the ARRB will release all the JFK medical information to us in October, 2017.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 2 years later...