The Education Forum

Special Report: Scottish Referendum Rigged - The 'How' and the 'Why'

Steven Gaal

New Poll from a leading UK newspaper shows a large lead for the YES campaign

Mirror_poll_scots-620x180-1.jpgMirror_poll_scots-620x180-1.jpg

Oct

The mirror newspaper has conducted a new poll showing a massive lead in support for the YES campaign

############################

American accredited international observer at Scottish independence referendum, doubtful about vote’s official outcome
Oct

Mark McNaught Newsnet Scotland Tue, 07 Oct 2014 21:58 CEST The Emirates Arena in Glasgow I’m not one that easily gives in to conspiracy theories, but there are too many questions regarding the validity of the ‘no’ vote for it to be accepted at face value.While this article goes into the allegations with more ...

#################

Oct

September 20, 2014 By Shawn Helton 15 Comments 21st Century Wire Was voter fraud committed during the Scottish Independence referendum? It has been confirmed that the names of 10 people were already crossed off a voter list prior them voting inside a polling station. According to reports, the Glasgow City Council confirmed that there ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real conspiracy is not recognised because people get their worldview from the media. The media controlled the outcome aided by a flawed position taken by the labour party. It's in the interests of working people to excert control over the community they live in. Divorcing themselves from such a cog in the empire frees them to create an alternate future where the unity labour sought can exist across national boundaries. Labor should have supported independence because it would have ultimately led to a stronger labour internationally.

more on the medias role by george monbiot.

Remote Control

How the media shafted the people of Scotland. Read more.

I'll take a look when I find time, unlike the theory Gaal is pushing this actually makes sense.

Edited by Len Colby

THE BIGGER THE LIE - Media Bias in the Scottish Independence ... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajd4R-9BEIwAug 8, 2014 - 14 min - Uploaded by Phantom Power
An exclusive look into mainstream media bias and the techniques they use to influence the ...

=============

BBC bias and the Scots referendum - new report | openDemocracy

https://www.opendemocracy.net/.../bbc-bias-and-scots-referendum-new-report

Feb 21, 2014 ... The evening TV broadcasts were chosen as the news media communications
with the largest audiences in Scotland and in the UK.

==============

The British Media Has Been Freaking Out Over Scottish Independence

mashable.com/.../scottish-independence-movement-unites-the-usually-contentious-uk-media/

Sep 13, 2014 ... The British media isn't usually one to agree on much. But they seem to be in lock-
step agreement on the issue of Scottish independence: It's a ...

-

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dFm6XhZfCSQJ:http://mashable.com/2014/09/13/scottish-independence-movement-unites-the-usually-contentious-uk-media/%2Bmedia+scottish+referendum&hl=en&gbv=2&&ct=clnk

Edited by Steven Gaal

If you believe the vow maybe your gullible enough to believe the vote ??? How about a supervow ....then a superduper vow ,then a crossed fingers kings hex vow ... ok scotland u are inferior and must obey OK ??
220px-William_Wallace_Statue_%2C_AberdeeWHAT !!! INFERIOR !!??!!!!!!

Thursday 16 October 2014

With Scotland, Cameron’s taken broken promises to a whole new level

Whatever you think about Scottish independence, doing the opposite of what is pledged or vowed appears to be the rule now

Even by the standards of political leaders, the speed and scale of the broken promise about Scotland has been glorious. Two days after signing a “vow” to hand over “extensive new powers”, David Cameron announced he would indeed act swiftly to ensure Scottish MPs had less power.

You couldn’t help applaud, like if the groom at a wedding reception began his speech by saying: “You all heard me make those vows of lifelong partnership to my wife a few hours ago. That’s why I can declare I’ve already given the bridesmaid one in the graveyard behind the church, a task I was committed to seeing through and will carry out again and again until I am fully satisfied. Now are there any questions?”

Cameron, Clegg and Miliband didn’t just promise. They might have made do with a pledge, but Clegg had already ruined the meaning of a pledge. With his record of doing the exact opposite of what he’s pledged, by now he’d have abolished Scotland altogether, or reclassified it as a species of insect.

So they made a “solemn vow”, the sort made to God by monks in the 7th century, and now that’s worthless as well so next time they’ll have to raise it to a sacrifice. Before the election, David Cameron will kneel before an altar and chop a goat in half, then as he smears its blood on his face he’ll say, “I will raise the minimum tax threshold”, before talking in tongues and fainting.

Because where a few weeks ago the party leaders were making speeches such as, “Scotland, Scotland, Scotland, together we fought evil and invented fish and created the sun, oh beloved Scotland we are bound by the heavens, I would gladly have my buttocks sculpted to resemble the mountains of Glen Coe to secure our togetherness”, this week they didn’t even mention Scotland in a debate about Scotland.

Many MPs, including Alistair Darling, didn’t turn up for it, and the debate in Parliament was all about which votes to exclude Scottish MPs from. Gordon Brown begged the Conservatives to think about introducing the measures they’d got him to absolutely guarantee they were absolutely introducing, to which they replied: “Oh shut up going on about Scotland. It’s typical of the unfairness that this Scotland debate has only once mentioned Hemel Hempstead.”

So the main part of any new law will be to ensure Scottish MPs can’t vote on English matters because, as some English MPs say: “This unfair situation makes many people angry.”

You can see why it has to be dealt with, if it’s making many people angry. There aren’t enough anger management therapists around to deal with the anxiety of so many people punching trees in rage and climbing to the tops of gas works to yell: “Why, why, why can a law, in theory, that alters, say, building regulations in my area be voted on by some bastard from Stenhousemuir when my MP can’t vote on building regulations there. Aye? Why, Why, Why?”

All of us who live in England know the heartache of begging our MP to vote about the proposed ring road in Stranraer, just for them to clasp our hand and tearfully tell us they have no say.

Maybe they’ll ease the concerns by making another vow, to give Scotland even more extensive powers, and then take a bit more away. Then they can keep doing this until Scotland is owned by a Saxon warlord, and Glasgow has to provide 200 knights a month to fight the Normans.

cameronv2.jpgPrime Minister David Cameron speaks during a visit to Scottish Widows offices in Edinburgh, where he made an impassioned plea to keep Scotland part of the union, saying he would be "heartbroken" if the UK was torn apart William Hague has assured the SNP the timetable for the vow is still on schedule, but it seems likely there’ll be an imaginative definition of “extensive new powers”. Most likely is they will be:

a) Falkirk gets mentioned on the BBC weather map every Tuesday, and;

B) water from English seas will be allowed to flow past Scotland, if the tide’s heading that way.

And in return Scottish MPs will only be allowed to vote on issues relating to shortbread.

Whatever you think about Scottish independence, this system of doing the opposite of what is pledged or vowed appears to be the rule now. Over the next few months, party leaders will film themselves with their parents, and say “I supervow, on their souls, that I will never raise VAT and will hand them to the Devil personally if I so much as consider putting it up.” Then a year later they’ll say they have to be realistic and need to put it up to help hard-working families, and make their mum Minister of VAT and the Devil, Chief Secretary to the Treasury.

The Liberal Democrats combine this technique with a surly sorry, that appears as heartfelt as when a teenager breaks a promise about vacuuming the living room. So whenever the issue is raised of how they trebled the tuition fees they pledged to abolish, they say: “Oh for God’s sake I said sorry didn’t I? I’ll say it again shall I? Sorry! There. Happy Now?”

Then the party leaders puzzle as to why their support slips away to a new bunch of parties.

Maybe one way they can reverse this is to try a more forthright approach, and to start with they could say: “If the Scottish are so daft as to believe our vow, maybe that proves they’re not fit to run their own country anyway, the idiots.”

Edited by Steven Gaal

see post # 20 above

We the undersigned demand a revote of the Scottish Referendum

www.change.org/.../nicola-sturgeon-we-the-undersigned-demand-a-revote-of-the-scottish-referendum-counted-by-impartial-international-parties

Countless evidences of fraud during the recent Scottish Referendum have come
to light. We demand a revote be taken of said referendum, where each vote...

:news

Edited by Steven Gaal

Stop changing laws behind closed doors, say experts (CLICK)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you believe the vow maybe your gullible enough to believe the vote ??? How about a supervow ....then a superduper vow ,then a crossed fingers kings hex vow ... ok scotland u are inferior and must obey OK ??
220px-William_Wallace_Statue_%2C_AberdeeWHAT !!! INFERIOR !!??!!!!!!

Constitutional experts have warned David Cameron to halt the government's "behind closed doors" attempts to change the way the United Kingdom is governed.

In a letter sent to William Hague, who heads up the Devolution committee set up by the Prime Minister following the Scottish referendum last month, academics, the heads of think-tanks and leading political organisations warn that "it is essential that people are given a say in the shape of our political system". This follows warnings from largely Labour politicians that "English votes for English laws" reforms that are backed by Mr Cameron would turn Scottish MPs into "second class" representatives in the House of Commons.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edited by Steven Gaal

• 2 weeks later...
Scottish independence: 66% back new referendum
Scotsman - 6 hours ago
TWO-thirds of Scots want a second independence referendum to be held in the next 10 years while over half think a vote on the country's future ...
YES to an Independent Scotland | Facebook
Bernard Ponsonby 'The most dramatic opinion poll ever published in Scotland'
http://bit.ly/1FYW5Zf. Pro- Independence parties poll at more than 58% of the vote
Edited by Steven Gaal

Scots Would Now Back Independence Six Weeks After Voters Said No: Poll (click link)

A new opinion poll for The Times newspaper has found a majority of Scottish voters would back independence if a referendum was held tomorrow, just six weeks after Scots rejected the proposal.

»========================
GEE MAKES you think vote wasnt good ?? HUmmmmmmmm......................?? mmmmmm ....??

• 1 month later...

Friday, December 12, 2014

Scotland swings decisively behind the SNP and independence in amazing new YouGov poll
The headline results from a new full-scale Scottish poll from YouGov have been released by the Sun on Twitter. So far I haven't been able to track down the fieldwork dates, but Calum Findlay mentioned yesterday evening that he'd just taken part in this poll, so it's presumably bang up to date. Let's hope so, because the results are very much at the extreme upper end of what my expectations would have been.

Scottish voting intentions for the May 2015 UK general election :

SNP 47% (+4)
Labour 27% (n/c)
Conservatives 16% (+1)

Greens 3% (-1)

UKIP 3% (-3)

Liberal Democrats 3% (-1)

There have of course been two post-referendum polls from other firms that were even better than this for the SNP (Ipsos-Mori gave them a 29-point lead and Survation gave them a 22-point lead). But to see a gap of as high as 20 points from YouGov is still a bit startling, because that firm's previous estimate of a 16-point lead was more in line with the average results of their daily subsamples. In fact, the SNP's subsample lead both today and yesterday was exactly 16 points. And perhaps more significantly, the party's raw share of the vote in the subsamples has more often than not been quite a bit lower than 47%. So this poll raises the serious possibility that the daily GB-wide YouGov polls have been understating the SNP's strength, in spite of the party performing outstandingly well in them. To be fair, there's always been a straightforward reason for supposing that might have been going on - in GB-wide polls YouGov use Westminster-oriented weighting by party ID.

The other point that leaps out is just how dreadfully badly the smaller parties are doing. I had assumed that the Liberal Democrats' 4% share in the last YouGov poll was a freakish result, but the chances of them being significantly underestimated by random margin-of-error effects in two consecutive polls is obviously pretty low. The jury is still out on UKIP, though, because they fared a bit better in the last poll.

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes 48%

No 45%

It's impossible to know the exact significance of this result until we see the datasets, or find out whether there have been any methodological changes. The last YouGov poll (which was the only other post-referendum poll from the firm to ask the independence question) produced almost identical results to this, putting Yes on 49% and No on 45%. However, it was immediately criticised by John Curtice and one or two others for not weighting by recalled referendum vote, which would have had the effect of keeping No in the lead, albeit only very narrowly. I was slightly cynical about that intervention, because I don't recall Curtice making similar unofficial adjustments to the many pre-referendum polls that failed to weight by country of birth, and which therefore underestimated the Yes vote. However, it's possible that YouGov will have heeded his complaint, in which case tonight's result is even better for Yes, because it suggests there has probably been a further swing in real terms since the last poll.

If they haven't made any methodological change (which is also perfectly possible - they may want to keep the trend figures meaningful) then it means there hasn't been a further swing, but also that the headline numbers remain directly comparable with pre-referendum YouGov polls, which in all but one (legendary) case had No ahead. So either way there is no real doubt that a significant number of voters have been converted to independence since September 18th.

Views on the Smith Commission and its proposals for further devolution :

It doesn't devolve enough powers : 51%

It gets the balance right : 23%

It goes too far : 14%

And there, in a nutshell, is the explanation for why the SNP have either maintained their advantage over Labour or increased it somewhat - it appears that they've comprehensively won the battle of perceptions over Smith. It's all very well for Michael Portillo to sit on a BBC sofa in London, smirking at Alex Salmond like an overgrown schoolboy while tittering : "The Vow has been delivered! You know that! You're just playing games!" But unfortunately for the London establishment and the Daily Record (is there a difference between the two?), it turns out that Scottish voters are not half as stupid as Portillo takes them for. They know what they heard Gordon Brown promise - and they also know that what the Smith Commission has come up with is quite simply not "Home Rule". Nor is it "near federalism". Nor is it the "Devo SUPER Max" promised by Better Together's official representative at the TV debate in the Hydro.

Assuming that YouGov only offered respondents the three options listed above, roughly 58% of people who gave a view said that the Smith proposals are inadequate. It's also fascinating to see how few people thought the proposals go too far, because that must encompass the evidently dwindling group who are opposed to devolution/self-government altogether.

I've been slightly bemused over the last few days and weeks by the number of London commentators who appear to think that Scottish Labour's problems are being caused by a "leadership vacuum" and that some sort of "honeymoon period" for Jackanory Jim is about to provide a quick fix. In reality, the Scottish media have been shamelessly treating Murphy as the unofficial leader for weeks now, so that's already factored into the polling results. To be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean that what's going on is Murphy's fault. The electorate know that Miliband is the real leader, and above all else it's him that they don't like, rate, trust, or respect.

SCOT GOES POP POLL OF POLLS

Tonight's Poll of Polls update is based on the full-scale YouGov poll, plus Scottish subsamples from five GB-wide polls - four from YouGov, and one from Populus. That means fourteen-fifteenths of the sample comes from YouGov, which is plainly less than ideal!

Scottish voting intentions for the May 2015 UK general election :

SNP 45.0% (+2.4)

Labour 26.5% (-0.4)

Conservatives 16.7% (+0.6)

Liberal Democrats 4.5% (-1.8)

UKIP 3.5% (-1.1)

Greens 2.9% (+0.5)

(The Poll of Polls uses the Scottish subsamples from all GB-wide polls that have been conducted entirely within the last seven days and for which datasets have been provided, and also all full-scale Scottish polls that have been conducted at least partly within the last seven days. Full-scale polls are given ten times the weighting of subsamples.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

RELATED

=====================

Voting fraud? George Galloway launches legal battle over election defeat

http://rinf.com/alt-news/politics/voting-fraud-george-galloway-launches-legal-battle-over-election-defeat/

Former MP George Galloway has launched a legal challenge over his defeat at Thursday’s general election and claims to have evidence of “malpractice” in postal voting.

Galloway won the Bradford West seat in a 2012 by-election but lost it to Labour candidate Naz Shah on Thursday, who secured a majority of more than 11,000 votes.

Britain's missing voters: why individual registration has been a disaster
More than 1 million voters have already dropped off the UK electoral register and another 7 million could follow after the 2015 election

=

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2015/feb/05/missing-voters-individual-electoral-registration-disaster

=

Thursday 5 February is national voter registration day. But the move to individual voter registration has made a simple process more complex and potentially less democratic.

Until 2009, one person in each household completed the registration for every resident eligible to vote. However, changing social values and some small but well-documented cases of electoral fraud generated a case for individual voter registration, passed into law in 2009.

Individual electoral registration voting may be a good idea but the way it has been introduced in the past four years has been a disaster. Voters whose existing details cannot be confirmed by data matching with a single Department for Work and Pensions database of national insurance numbers have to provide additional forms of identification.

The most recent attempt in 2013 at this data matching found more than 7 million voters currently on the register were not matched and would need to provide additional evidence of residence. The Cabinet Office insists theswitch to individual voter registration will not affect the general election since anyone on the old household register in December 2013 will be entitled to vote in 2015 - but anyone who has moved house in the interim does need to re-register.

Labour has already warned that 1 million people have fallen off the voters’ register in the past year. Many of those missing voters are young people and students.

The burden has been put on cash-strapped local councils to contact 46 million voters instead of 20 million households. Some have been able to, but many simply don’t have the money or IT skills.

We have made a simple process of registration much more complex. For instance, a newly-married woman who chooses to change her name is now required to provide two forms of identification before being accepted back on to the register.

1m voters lost from electoral roll, says Ed Miliband

Read more see link

But the group most affected is students. Previously, universities, like other institutional landlords, could provide a single list of eligible voters to the local authority. Now every student has to register individually. That is not necessarily a priority during freshers’ week. The result is levels of registration plummeting from 100% to less than 10% in most university residences.

Who are Britain's 1m-plus missing voters?

Read more see link

However, the real impact has yet to be felt. The 7 million voters on the register but not data matched will be able to vote in the 2015 general election, as long as they have not moved, but will be removed from the register if they have not provided extra information by December 2015.

This system disenfranchises the mobile, the young and those in private rented accommodation – mainly those living in urban areas. At a time when the urban population is growing quickly, the number of registered voters in these areas is not keeping pace. A parliamentary boundary review is expected. If it takes place after millions of people are removed from the electoral register we could see the biggest transfer of parliamentary representation and political power from urban to rural areas for more than a century.

The tragedy is all the greater because a more efficient and cheaper version of individual registration is available. Australia has used individual voter registration for years and works on the simple principle that once registered, voters stay on the register and areracked by cross-referencing multiple databases if they move address.

The state of New South Wales, with a population of 7 million, achieves a 95% accurate register through this process with fewer staff and smaller budgets than comparable areas in the UK. The UK, however, persists with a version of registration where eligibility has to be confirmed after every change of address and the whole process is administered by more than 400 local councils doing the same job in complete isolation.

For the past 100 years we have been able to rely on the electoral register both to supply an accurate measure of those eligible to vote and also a source of those able to serve for jury service. The rushed implementation of individual voting has put both of these vital democratic bulwarks under threat.

Parliament should ensure that the process of individual voting is made fit for purpose - if not for the 2015 general election, then at least for all future ones.

=====

Paul Wheeler is the founder of the Political Skills Forum

Edited by Steven Gaal