The Education Forum

Death of Ed Clark, LBJ's attorney and henchman

Ed Clark, LBJ’s attorney and henchman, is a central character in Barr McClellan’s book, “Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K.”

Here is an article by Robert Draper upon Clark’s death.

Texas Monthly November 1992

http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/death-fixer

Thanks Douglas Caddy for reviving the alleged involvement of LBJ through Ed Clark….as a young journalist at Adelaide airport in 1965 I spoke briefly with then Ambassador Clark on his familiarisation tour of Aus, no doubt including preliminary visits to the future sites of the Pine Gap/ Nurrungar satellite ground stations, and Murchison's Delhi natural gas project. John Connally also had an interest in a seperate oil pipeline and of corse King Ranch was then Australia's largest non-govt landholder. Later at my first in Lancer conference, a young Texan in the bar at the Love Field Radison Hotel claimed an elderly relative resident in San Augustine who was a longterm doctor friend of Clark's actually heard Clark's deathbed confession re the JFK assassination. He would not give details but spoke of his and other family's attendance at Lady Bird's funeral and another doctor relative's membership with Clark and Lady Bird on the UT Board of regents. Said Clark's daughter sold the bank in SA and returned to her mother's home in I believe Mississippi. I wonder if any of this can be verified, though the doctor, a GP still practising in 2007, is undoubtedly now deceased.

David: Thank you for this informative historical contribution regarding Ed Clark. I am calling it to Barr McClellan's attention as he is in the midst of completing his new book and may be able to put all the dots together through research to develop a fairly complete picture.

Several years ago I heard an interview on Unknowncountry.com with a Houston doctor who had heard the deathbed confession of someone whom he would not name who knew the details of JFK's assassination. The doctor was affiliated with a hospital and hospice here in Houston. Since Clark was a Texan, it makes me wonder if he was the person making the deathbed confession.

Doug

It is true that strong circumstantial evidence is lacking on the alleged role of Ed Clark in the JFK assassination. It should be noted, however, that until Barr McClellan wrote his book in 2003, few people outside of Texas were aware of the close connection between LBJ and Clark and of how the records of LBJ's secret financial empire were stored on a guarded floor in Clark's law firm located a block from the Texas Capitol Building. However, a reading of Draper's article above clearly reveals how close the two were and how powerful Clark was. Draper's article reinforces Barr McClellan's assessment that was based on his having worked as an attorney in Clark's Austin firm.

LBJ was diabolically clever in his exercise of power for evil purposes. Until Billie Sol Estes gave me the name of Malcolm "Mac" Wallace in 1984 and Wallace's relationship to LBJ and Wallace's alleged connection to the JFK assassination, I had never heard Wallace's name. But the historical record compiled since then shows how close the two were, which is why when Wallace was caught soon after murdering John Kinser, the lover of LBJ's sister, Josefa, in Austin in 1951, he told the arresting officer that he worked for LBJ and had to get back to Washington. LBJ's lawyer represented Kinser at the subsequent trial at which the jury found Wallace guilty of homicide with malice aforethought. However, Wallace served no time in prison because of LBJ's exercise of power from behind the scene.

When I listened to the interview about seven years ago on Unknowncountry.com of the Houston doctor who asserted that he had heard the deathbed confession of someone who claimed to know the details of the JFK assassination, I sent an email to the doctor seeking more information but never heard back from him. So my attempt to investigate this line of inquiry came to naught but not for the lack of trying.

The value of the JFK assassination topic is that bit by bit, brick by brick, each member is making a contribution toward determining what actually happened in this crucial event that has so affected history that its impact is still being felt today through both the domestic and foreign policies of the United States. My own assessment is that those who planned and carried out the assassination, most of whom are dead today, have been succeeded in power by a new chosen group of persons who are aligned with the same interests and outlook. They are close to achieving their ultimate goal of world domination through the exercise of unbridled military and financial power. It has taken decades for them to arrive at this key point in time. Only Russia and China -- and an Act of God, such as drastic climate change or some earth-shaking Black Swan -- stand in their way as the U.S. is no longer a functional democracy but an empire ruled by the few.

Douglas Caddy @ post #8:

You write:

"My own assessment is that those who planned and carried out the assassination, most of whom are dead today, have been succeeded in power by a new chosen group of persons who are aligned with the same interests and outlook."

I interpret this statement to mean that persons in positions of national as opposed to local or regional power had JFK killed. LBJ exercised national power for many years. Ed Clark exercised local power, not insignificant power, but power that didn't play on the world stage.

I also interpret this statement to mean the assassination was home-grown. Entirely. Do you mean this by your statement?

I apologize, Doug. I was lamenting the state of the narrative output on LBJ and the assassination, and not trying to disparage your own investigative work, involvement (with Estes), or interest.

There ought to be a law against this internet business - it makes you forget as much as it makes you remember, and it tempts you to do either too readily. "Please don't understand me too quickly," Andre Gide used to say.

Edited by David Andrews

David:

No need for you to apologize. I did not take your posting personally. Actually, I viewed your comment as an opportunity to say something on the forum that I had wanted to state for some time, which can be found in my final paragraph above. I believe the assassination of JFK was a super-mega turning point in American history and gave the key conspirators the means to achieve "their ultimate goal of world domination through the exercise of unbridled military and financial power." We now live in perilous times with the threat of world nuclear war being quite real and growing. JFK foresaw this and tried to head it off over 50 years ago by opening up a dialogue with the leader of the Soviet Union. I think JFK may even have identified those who sought world domination. The latter realized JFK was implementing measures to prevent them from achieving their goal, which is why he had to be eliminated. Robert Kennedy had to eliminated for the same reason. I am certain that Putin is well aware of the personal danger he is in today as his elimination would immeasurably advance the aim of those who seek world domination through a fascist form of capitalism.

Doug

After posting the above reply, I received the following important articles that reinforce my own assessment:

http://kingworldnews.com/paul-craig-roberts-russia-china-can-save-world-2015/

http://www.mediafire.com/view/08rzue8ffism94t/China-%20Russia_Double_Helix.docx

In the second link, select the 50% option at the bottom to enlarge the document for easier reading.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Jon Tid: Good point but one which I dispute…through his Texas power base in the judiciary and political system, from circa 1948-49 to say the mid 1960s he was "the boss of Texas", but through connections vic Humble Oil, owned by Esso-Exxon, through King Ranch's love-hate relationship with LBJ and huge annual payments($120 mil in c 1965) from Esso-Exxon for many many wells on King Ranch land, through personal ties to people like Benno Schmidt and his close associate David Rockefeller- both in Australia and Texas, I believe Clark wielded a lot of influence.Bob Kleberg had a direct line to Allen Dulles and Benno S, a UT law graduate, was right hand man to Jock Whitney. I realise this seems kind of tentative, but think about it. These were real,longterm financial institutions and and people like John Connally, even Clint Murchison and Sid Richardson, were well down the American power structure. After his ambassadorship, LBJ named Clark to the Latin American Development Bank, where Rockefeller's IBEC and lesser vehicles such as Deltec international wrecked havoc in the 1970's.

David Andrews:Granted these accounts are anecdotal, and my effective research days ended after the Whitlam dismissal, but I find intriguing LBJ's mental decline, the breakdown of the LBJ-Murchison-Clark power structure and the transfer of power in the Texas, the South and ultimately the US itself. Maybe one key is the UT Board of Regents and law school, its members, Watergate is undoubtedly another…in short the evolution of power following the JFK catastrophe, from which the world has never recovered. TWIMC, thanks for reading this.