The Education Forum

Bill Simpich's "State Secret - Chapter 6 - The Set Up and the Cover Up"

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/State_Secret_Chapter6

Fascinating stuff.

I find particularly interesting the inclusion of the word "slender" in the 12:44 police broadcast which described the suspect as (a Robert Webster-like) "5' 10", 165 pounds". I know that a "5' 10", 165 pound man" doesn't signify "fat", but I don't think it means "slender" to most people, either. It's almost as though the Dallas Police Department added the word "slender" to the description given to Police Inspector Sawyer by the mystery "witness" in order to better implicate the downright skinny Oswald who weighed only 131 pounds two days later at his autopsy. (FWIW, Marguerite Oswald said that her son never weighed more than 150 pounds in his life.)

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Though I am agreement with some of what Bill Simpich outlines in his Chapter 6 - "The Set Up and the Cover Up", it must be pointed out that he is incorrect in stating, as he does under the subheading "The humanitarian weapon," that CE's 510 and 716 "do not show three shells on the sixth floor - they show two shells and one live round." An examination of first generation HD prints generated from the negatives that produced the poorly reproduced images present in the CE's in question do show three spent cartridge cases and only three spent cartridge cases on the floor in the area of the alleged snipers nest; there is no "live round" present in these images. FWIW

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth49459/?q=texas%20school%20book%20depository

click on "Extra Large" size - 1500 x 1885

Gary

Edited by Gary Murr

Tommy,

The most interesting part of the case to me is how quickly the DPD focused on Oswald. How quickly the DPD decided to arrest him. How quickly he was accused of Tippet's and then JFK's murder. Oswald was charged with JFK's murder around midnight on the evening of November 22nd. The FBI, we're told, didn't link Oswald to the Mannlicher-Carcano allegedly found on the 6th floor of the TSBD until about 5:00 a.m. on November 23rd.

It appears to me key persons, whoever they were, in the DPD were pre-programmed to go after Oswald. Or were programmed very quickly after the assassination to seek Oswald. Any such programming would have been done by a conspirator. The problem I conceive is that there may have been layers of conspirators: ground-level individuals, such as corrupt DPD officers, operational individuals (the shooters and their helpers), and higher-level controllers and funder(s), all of whom would work in a compartmentalized but coordinated way. To focus on just one layer of the conspiracy (e.g., the DPD or Ruth Paine) and ignore the other layers would lead to an incomplete and flawed view of the crime. But it's hard to avoid such focus.

The mis-identification of Oswald ("Harvey") that you cite is part of what appears to be pre-programming of the DPD. It warrants very close scrutiny, even if the truth to be found relates to only one layer of the conspiracy. That's my view.

All of your comments are on point. Gary's observation is correct, I was researching my article on the first-day evidence a couple months ago and got access to this photo. For many years I assumed that I was looking at a live round until this better photo was available. So that and a few other items need to be changed in my next edition of the book.

In many ways, this is my favorite chapter of the book - the cover-up was what I had originally intended to make my focus, while I tried to figure out the impersonation in Mexico City. What I learned on that front changed the composition of the story. I like what Jon says about the "pre-programming" of the DPD; I'm spending a lot of time trying to figure that part out.

I should also say, Tommy, that I agree with you about the absurdity of referring to a 5 foot 10, 165 pound man as "slender". The phraseology of "slender, 5 foot 10, 165" was used repeatedly by both the FBI and the CIA to identify Oswald during the last three years of his life - even though it was totally inaccurate. I never thought I'd agree with Marguerite Oswald on much of anything, but there it is.

I think it was Peter Dale Scott who first pointed out that this false Oswald description matched the CIA file that was deliberately falsified after Mexico City ostensibly as part of a CI mole hunt.

• 6 months later...

Paul, you are right, Peter Dale Scott's discussion about the 5'10"/165 pound description of Oswald being inaccurate but nonetheless all over the police radio was one of the main factors

that got me into writing State Secret.

No intelligence document or investigative report ever discussed how remarkable it was that the description of Oswald that the CIA and FBI and other agencies had been

using from 1960 to 1963 was being blasted repeatedly over the police radio just minutes after the president's death.

Bill - Thanks for posting this. Every time Trejo dumps on PD Scott my hackles go up. Yes Scott is difficult to read at times, detail oriented to a fault. But his research is so important, and 'deep' - may I use that word?

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2015 at 1:08 AM, Bill Simpich said:

Paul [Brancato], you are right, Peter Dale Scott's discussion about the 5'10"/165 pound description of Oswald being inaccurate but nonetheless all over the police radio was one of the main factors that got me into writing State Secret.

No intelligence document or investigative report ever discussed how remarkable it was that the description of Oswald that the CIA and FBI and other agencies had been using from 1960 to 1963 was being blasted repeatedly over the police radio just minutes after the president's death.

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 11:49 AM, Jon G. Tidd said:

Tommy,

The most interesting part of the case to me is how quickly the DPD focused on Oswald. How quickly the DPD decided to arrest him. How quickly he was accused of Tippet's and then JFK's murder. Oswald was charged with JFK's murder around midnight on the evening of November 22nd. The FBI, we're told, didn't link Oswald to the Mannlicher-Carcano allegedly found on the 6th floor of the TSBD until about 5:00 a.m. on November 23rd.

It appears to me key persons, whoever they were, in the DPD were pre-programmed to go after Oswald. Or were programmed very quickly after the assassination to seek Oswald. Any such programming would have been done by a conspirator. The problem I conceive is that there may have been layers of conspirators: ground-level individuals, such as corrupt DPD officers, operational individuals (the shooters and their helpers), and higher-level controllers and funder(s), all of whom would work in a compartmentalized but coordinated way. To focus on just one layer of the conspiracy (e.g., the DPD or Ruth Paine) and ignore the other layers would lead to an incomplete and flawed view of the crime. But it's hard to avoid such focus.

The mis-identification of Oswald ("Harvey") that you cite is part of what appears to be pre-programming of the DPD. It warrants very close scrutiny, even if the truth to be found relates to only one layer of the conspiracy. That's my view.

John,

Your instincts, IMHO, are as good as anybody on this Forum.  That's why I appreciate your new focus on the Dallas Police in their orchestration of rounding up Lee Harvey Oswald almost immediately after the JFK assassination.

In the words of Walt Brown, the DPD rogues weren't bumblers -- they succeeded "brilliantly" in their conspiracy.

How did the DPD find Oswald's rooming house address so quickly, when Roy Truly only had Ruth Paine's address?   Dallas Postmaster Harry Holmes had the answer -- Oswald had taken out a Dallas PO Box on November 1st, 1963.

The big problem with his story is that Oswald put a false address on that PO Box application.

So -- how did the DPD find Oswald's rooming house address so quickly?  

The answer seems to be related to the testimony of his landlady Earlene Roberts, who noticed a DPD police car outside her rooming house at the same time that Oswald was there getting a jacket, from what she could see.

She looked twice at the police car, because she knew the DPD officers in the area, and even had business with them, so she noticed the DPD car number.  It was not her regular DPD car.  Still, the DPD car driver honked his horn.  "Tit-tit -- just like that," said Earlene.

So, the DPD knew where Oswald lived even before the JFK assassination, it seems to me.  Tracing the DPD behavior keeps going deeper and deeper.

Now -- what does this have to do with the Simpich Mole Hunt?   It's a long story -- but I'm very glad to see Bill Simpich on this thread, and telling us that he himself is now interested in the DPD, and is "spending a lot of time trying to figure that part out. "

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos