The Education Forum

How a Popular Misconception Gave Away a Lie by the FBI

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Dave, you're ignoring my question. I really want to hear your answer on this, and I will hound you on this forever, if needs be.

Let's look at the still from Myers' cartoon you posted:

Myers-Model.png

Does it look like the bullet is entering JFK's back 1.5-2 inches to the right of his spine? Hardly. Dale pretty much shows the bullet going through the spine. Not only that but, if the sniper's nest is 9° laterally separated from the midline of the limo, why does Myers show the path of the bullet almost parallel to the limo?

And, finally, how did the Magic Bullet go straight through JFK's neck, as shown by Myers, without hitting any cervical vertebrae?

Dale Myers' model works fine, Bob. Here are some additional images from his computer animation, plus JFK's autopsy photo on the right. The back wound is just where we find it in the autopsy picture, slightly to the right of the spinal column. .....

============================================================

JFK-Back-Wound.png

[--- CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE ---]

============================================================

Now, Bob, how about answering my last question from Post #31 re: Connally. Is all of this shrugging and flinching and mouth-opening and grimacing and lapel-flipping being caused by something OTHER than a bullet?

Let us hear your anti-SBT explanation with respect to the things we can see happening to Governor John B. Connally in the following Zapruder Film clip which ends at Z225.

I await your astute and stellar observations.

Z-Film-Clip-SBT-In-Motion---3.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

David,

What you are seeing is a film sequence that has not has not been compensated for camera movement.

I agree looking at the sequence it does indeed suggest that Connally's left shoulder is rising.

However - and this is important - the individual frames do not show that. Taking the last frame in your sequence there is a large rise in the left shoulder and it is very close to the bottom of Jackies hair.

However the individual last frame in your sequence does not show that.

Z227_zpsqhdgdnyz.jpg

Forgetting the contribution that frame sequences make to the observable image - i.e. a film strip and an individual frame is not the same - there is no similarity between the last frame in your sequence and what is suggested by the last frame in your gif.

Also note, the area where your gif suggests Connally's left shoulder is rising coincides with the area of Jackie's jacket which happens to be black!!!!!

If what your gif suggests is reality then that last frame should also demonstrate this lifting of the left shoulder.

James

James,

You're wrong, as proven by the comparison Z-Film frames below which I culled from my in-motion gif clip. Connally's left shoulder is unquestionably higher in Z225 than it was in Z222 (and the last frame in my gif clip is, indeed, Z225, not Z227, as you have incorrectly labeled it in your photo, James):

Connally.gif

=======================================================

Plus, there is this toggling clip of Z224 and Z225. Nobody can possibly deny that Connally's shoulders are RISING between these two Zapruder frames. You aren't going to deny that, are you James? And look at the movement of Connally's necktie in this clip too. That's also very significant. He's flinching without a doubt. Now what do you suppose could have caused this kind of a reflex action in Mr. Connally at this particular time in Mr. Zapruder's home movie? ....

110a.+Z224-Z225+Toggling+Clip.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

Here's a question for you, Bob....

What do you see here? Why is John Connally flinching his shoulders here? And what is causing the look we're seeing on his face? This clip ends at Z225....

Z-FilmClipSBTInMotion3.gif

I think that what you are seeing is not JBC's shoulder rising but is actually a shadow cast on to Jackie's jacket, probably by Nellie Connally's head, as the car moves forward and she herself moves. I think that JBC is just twisting in the seat.

David,

If your gif on 224 / 225 is correct then the individual frames should reflect this difference.

First between these two frames John Connally has turned to his left - unless you are suggesting the bullet has turned him.

Second - and this you can replicate for yourself - the angle of the slope of John Connally's left shoulder at 224 and 225 is exactly the same.

Now if the slope is the same - as I have shown it is ( and you can replicate ) - how can it be said it has risen in the film clip whereas the individual frames make clear it has not risen

[Conally%20Shoulder_zpshwb7nmbu.jpg

James.

Ian,

And do you think it's also just a coincidence that Mr. Connally's necktie starts to do a dance and starts RISING and curling up at the exact same instant we see the so-called "shadow" being cast on Jackie? (His "twisting" in his seat caused the necktie to do its dance too, is that correct?)

And what about Connally's facial expressions at this exact same instant too? His mouth opens at exactly Z225. It looks to me like he's grimacing. And that grimace starts at precisely the same instant we see his shoulders flinch and his necktie rise and curl up.

Conspiracy theorists like to say that I am the one in denial when discussing the JFK case. I think I can turn the tables on the CTers in this particular discussion. Because it takes a large amount of "SBT denial" in order to be able to dismiss all of these things we see happening to Governor Connally in Z-frames 224 and 225:

Shoulders hunch up (flinch).

Right shoulder is pushed very slightly downward and forward.

Mouth opens.

Distressed look on face.

Suit coat bulges outward (aka: the lapel flip).

Necktie rises.

And then when we go up one more frame--to frame number 226--we see Connally's right arm start to rise (at the exact same instant when President Kennedy's arms begin to rise as well). And it was, indeed, Mr. Connally's right arm (wrist) that was struck by a bullet in Dealey Plaza.

109.+Z225-Z226+Toggling+Clip.gif .... Z-Film-Clip-SBT-In-Motion---3.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

James,

But it's not just Connally's left shoulder that hunches up at Z225. His right shoulder rises slightly too. How can there be any doubt of it? I think the frames you used are too small and not zoomed in enough to show the very quick rise then fall of both of Connally's shoulders.

You really think this apparent shoulder movement is ALL just shadows or some other photo anomaly? Come now....

Z-Film-Clip-SBT-In-Motion---3.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

Ian,

And do you think it's also just a coincidence that Mr. Connally's necktie starts to do a dance and starts RISING and curling up at the exact same instant we see the so-called "shadow" being cast on Jackie? (His "twisting" in his seat caused the necktie to do its dance too, is that correct?)

And what about Connally's facial expressions at this exact same instant too? His mouth opens at exactly Z225. It looks to me like he's grimacing. And that grimace starts at precisely the same instant we see his shoulders flinch and his necktie rise and curl up.

Conspiracy theorists like to say that I am the one in denial when discussing the JFK case. I think I can turn the tables on the CTers in this particular discussion. Because it takes a large amount of "SBT denial" to dismiss all of these things we happening to Governor Connally from Z-frames 222 to 225:

Shoulders hunch up (flinch).

Right shoulder is pushed very slightly downward and forward.

Mouth opens.

Distressed look on face.

Suit coat bulges outward (aka: the lapel flip).

Necktie rises.

And then when we go up one more frame--to frame number 226--we see Connally's right arm start to rise (at the exact same instant when President Kennedy's arms begin to rise as well). And it was, indeed, Mr. Connally's right arm (wrist) that was struck by a bullet in Dealey Plaza.

109.+Z225-Z226+Toggling+Clip.gif

David,

I don't recall mentioning anything about JBC grimacing or any other facial expressions he may or may not have been making, nor do I recall mentioning any movement of his tie. I just made the point that it appears to me that what would appear to be his left shoulder rising may be an illusion caused by a shadow being cast on Jackie's jacket (and the more I study the frames, the more convinced I am becoming that it is actually the case).

Where did all the rest come from?

Am I to understand therefore that you do not think that a shadow is being cast on Jackie's jacket directly above (in terms of the image) JBC's shoulder? If not, then as far as I can tell, his shoulder seems to look severely deformed at that moment and has possibly "grown" by several inches within the time span of a frame of the film.

If anyone wants to suggest that John Connally's body could possibly be casting a shadow onto Jackie in the Zapruder Film, that is impossible. The shadows in Dealey Plaza were falling toward the NORTH, not the SOUTH. We can easily see that fact in the Altgens picture [below]. Any shadow being cast by John Connally would have fallen in JFK's direction, not Jackie's....

Altgens%2BPhoto%2B(Extra%2BLarge%2BVersi

Governor Connally's very brief shoulder flinch is no shadow. It's Connally's body tensing up and involuntarily flinching after Oswald's bullet just pierced him in the back.

If it were a shadow being cast by Nellie Connally's head onto Mrs. Kennedy's pink jacket, then it sure came and went incredibly fast, didn't it? .....

Z-FilmClipSBTInMotion.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

David,

Let's recap from my earlier post:

I think that what you are seeing is not JBC's shoulder rising but is actually a shadow cast on to Jackie's jacket, probably by Nellie Connally's head, as the car moves forward and she herself moves. I think that JBC is just twisting in the seat.

Ian,

No shadow from Connally's body could possibly be falling onto Jackie in the Zapruder Film. The shadows in Dealey Plaza were falling toward the NORTH, not the SOUTH. We can easily see that in the Altgens picture. Any shadow being cast by John Connally would have fallen in JFK's direction, not Jackie's....

Altgens%2BPhoto%2B%28Extra%2BLarge%2BVer

...and as the limo turns towards its left as it proceeds down the street, I would imagine it is eminently possible for a shadow to have been cast from Nellie's head onto Jackie's jacket.

James,

But it's not just Connally's right shoulder that hunches up at Z225. His left shoulder rises slightly too. How can there be any doubt of it? I think the frames you used are too small and not zoomed in enough to show the very quick rise then fall of both of Connally's shoulders.

You really think this apparent shoulder movement is ALL just shadows or some other photo anomaly? Come now....

Z-FilmClipSBTInMotion3.gif

...take a look at the way the shadow from Jackie falls onto the back of the rear seat...

Ian,

And you think the shadow on Jackie just disappears after a few frames? And it just HAPPENS to look exactly like Connally's shoulder rising and falling. Because in the gif below, we can certainly see no shadow being cast on the left side of Jackie's suit jacket in the frames immediately after Z230....

Z-FilmClipSBTInMotion.gif

And what about John Connally's RIGHT shoulder? It's rising slightly at exactly Z225 too. Is that just a "shadow" as well?

Governor Connally is flinching at Z225, Ian. The Z-Film proves it. And I think you just don't want to accept that reality. Nor does any other CTer in the world.

Edited by David Von Pein