The Education Forum

How Important is Bill Kelly's Thread?

I think we all can agree that Bill Kelly's thread "Oswald Leaving TSBD?" is one of the most provocative and evocative threads to appear on this forum in years, whether or not we all agree on what is presented. Yet, this thread had managed to slip away into obscurity, and would have been forgotten, if not recently brought back into the light of day.

I know this has been suggested before but I will do it again. Is it possible for this thread to be pinned, and forever hold a place of recognition on the first page?

If it is a matter of consensus, let me cast the first "Yea".

"YEA" :)

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, I just realized I called it Sean Murphy's thread, when, in fact, the thread was started by Bill Kelly. Can someone change the title for me please?

I think we all can agree that Bill Kelly's thread "Oswald Leaving TSBD?" is one of the most provocative and evocative threads to appear on this forum in years, whether or not we all agree on what is presented. Yet, this thread had managed to slip away into obscurity, and would have been forgotten, if not recently brought back into the light of day.

I know this has been suggested before but I will do it again. Is it possible for this thread to be pinned, and forever hold a place of recognition on the first page?

If it is a matter of consensus, let me cast the first "Yea".

"YEA" :)

Robert,

I agree.

I'd much rather "research" and debate the Prayer Man / Doorman / Lovelady-and-Shelley / Oswald in the 2nd floor lunchroom issues than, say, the "Edwin Walker Done It" theory.

Plus, there some very important photographic images and film clips on that thread, IMHO.

--Tommy :sun

I'm not sure the thread should be pinned. WHY? Because once we start down that road, chaos will ensue. Next Paul Trejo will want the Edwin Walker thread pinned...then someone else will want another thread pinned, because everyone's pet thread and everyone's pet theory is "more important" than the others.

I see that as a slippery slope, one upon which I'm reluctant to embark. [And I believe Bill Kelly's thread to be quite important.]

A good point you make, Mark. And thanks for correcting the title.

It's a shame we can't give this thread more prominence but, as you say, everyone would then want their "important" thread pinned, too.

It's a shame we can't give this thread more prominence but, as you say, everyone would then want their "important" thread pinned, too.

So how many threads can dance on the head of the pinned? :tomatoes

So how many threads can dance on the head of the pinned? :tomatoes

How many pinheads can what???

--Tommy :sun

Whether pinned or not, if Bill Kelly started a thread or made a post, it was important, to me at least. This forum misses Bill Kelly. I don't post, but, other than the past couple of months, I've read most of everything from the beginning. In my opinion, Bill Kelly, James Richards and Larry Hancock have been the best contributors to the forum. They have also been among the most civil as well. I'm glad Larry still has a presence here. The forum would be much better if Bill and James did as well.

Hi Mark

I agree with others on the importance of this thread. I think what distinguishes it from the other threads you have mentioned is that Sean Murphy has substantiated each point he has made along the way with solid evidence including original affidavits, newspaper reports, witness statements etc, etc. I think he has really set the gold standard in online research with his approach.

Could it not be pinned even if just to show what other researchers/commenters should aspire to in substantiating their claims?

Just a humble suggestion.....

I'm not sure the thread should be pinned. WHY? Because once we start down that road, chaos will ensue. Next Paul Trejo will want the Edwin Walker thread pinned...then someone else will want another thread pinned, because everyone's pet thread and everyone's pet theory is "more important" than the others.

I see that as a slippery slope, one upon which I'm reluctant to embark. [And I believe Bill Kelly's thread to be quite important.]

Mark,

By naming another particular thread, you are basically making a comparison that most here would agree with. And then you err on the side of fear of potential consequences.

Fear of potential consequences is what leads some people to stay in bed for weeks at a time. Remind me, Mark. What is the purpose of this place. Is it to be a social gathering for theorists where everyone's ideas are equal, or is it a dynamic place where corroborative and important research can flourish, and the "best of best" can be put forward as a beacon showing the way?

This place has an identity crisis. It has no idea what it is supposed to be, what it is ultimately wants to achieve, and any efforts to help it along in certain directions are thwarted by some misguided and reflexive dive under the covers of some constrictive and contrived democracy.

You guys are in charge. If Mr or Ms X feels that if the PM thread can by pinned, then their thread on the Three Dancing Marguerita's seen in the pixel study of Wolf Clink should be pinned as well, you simply say "no". To me, that's leadership, not a slippery slope.

Just my opinion. Please ignore if not welcomed. I promise I won't harp on about it.

Totally agree with Mark...If a thread is important and interesting enough then it will rise to the top on it's own merits

Greg,

Perhaps they can join your forum if they are interested to the point of religion. It is not just a few that dispute your claims. Just a few that are vocal. They said no, learn to accept it.

Carmine, unlike others who left here and started others forums, I never tried to poach anyone. Not about to start now.

On the matter of there being "not just a few" who disagree about PM, but a silent many... I assume someone such as yourself can provide the evidence for the claim?

Maybe we should have a poll? Except I do recall you saying - quite rightly - in the past that facts are not determined by popularity contests -- so I wonder why now you suddenly feel "numbers" against it are some how meaningful. Still, you've made the claim, and I'd love to see the evidence supporting.

Hi there Carmine

I'm sorry but I have to ask, are you being serious when you say the Sean Murphy/Bill Kelly thread is not important? Can I ask what threads you do think are important.

I think the SM/BK thread is massively important not only because of the staggering implications if it is true but also because of the excellent way it has been substantiated.

Thanks for your views.

Thanks for your response Carmine.

Are you able to provide an example of where Sean Murphy hasn't substantiated the claims he has made? I don't think anyone is relying on a blurry film here, so I'm not quite sure why you say that. I think the Weigman film is the icing on the cake of Sean's argument to be honest.

I would still be interested to know what threads you would nominate as more important than the SM/BK one?