The Education Forum

John Connally's Lapel

David,

below is a link to a rough first draft on these Costella Frames Z 222 to Z 230

If this is to be a fruitful discussion then I do request you take this discussion seriously and at least attempt to answer the issues that are being raised.

Unfortunately I cannot show the video live. there is a link below for members to download the file.

One thing I noticed with this edit is that the frames are not stabilised. I am going to need to do that.

Qn 1. Are the frames in your video stabilised?

O.k the speed is too slow and that I will adjust.

Qn 2 However irrespective of the speed are you disputing that these frames show John Connally turning to his right?

Because I start at 222 and not 223/4 I do not show the beginning that you see. That said between 222 and 225 in the Costella frames there is no movement that you identify as the shot.

What is very clear in this sequence is that at 226/227 there is massive blurr and distortion. Are you suggesting that is the moment he is shot?

What is very clear to me is that between 222 and 230 John Connally is turning to his right. That, as far as I am concerned, is an undeniable fact. I am going to work on this video tonight. I am also going to zoom right into the lapel and see whether it does move as you suggest and is not - as I believe - just a distortion of the movie.

Link to file

https://www.transferbigfiles.com/bdee75fb-e506-4b8f-a400-9dd48f73ee35/pU8ss9wsIcfYyn-tVgv5bw2

James.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qn 1. Are the frames in your video stabilised?

If the Costella frames are stabilized, then the answer to your question (with regard to the video below) is yes. I created this slo-mo version by using the 486 "Costella" frames. This looks pretty stable to me...

Edited by David Von Pein

David,

Looking at Z 224 it does look like the lapel has indeed blown open.

Connally%20Lapel_zpsildqufd2.jpg

However, that in itself, does not establish your argument. It is quite likely the wind that has blown the lapel open. In the image below I pointed out that between 222 to 230 John Connally is clealrly seen turning to his right. Do you deny that?

John%20Connallys%20turn_zps2ptvkrb7.jpg

James

Dave

I know you don't like me asking you questions you have difficulty answering, or that lead to topics you are uncomfortable with but, here it is again:

Did the bullet pass to the right of the tip of the right transverse process of JFK's C7 cervical vertebra?

James,

Any JBC turn to his right has certainly stopped by Z226. He then is going to his left.

But I don't see how anything relating to any "Connally turn" can be used to debunk the various Z-Film clips I have provided which clearly show indications of Connally flinching, grimacing, opening his mouth, and flipping his right arm up --- all beginning at Z225. Do you deny those things?

David,

An error on my part, I meant Connally turned to his left from 222 to 230.

James.

Okay, James. That's better. He's turning to his LEFT. Yes. I agree.

But....so what? That's perfectly consistent with what Connally himself said he was doing (turning to his left) when he said he was hit by the bullet.