The Education Forum

John Connally's Lapel

Flinching of the shoulders.

No they do not, his left shoulder changes position as John Connally turns left.
Scrunching of the head downward.

No it does not. Between 224 and 225 John Connally's head moves from right to left. This lowering of the head - as you refer to it - is to be seen in 226 not 225. However 226 is a blurred frame and it is not clear what we are seeing. 227 does not help because it is even blurred more. However at 228 John Connally's head is at the same height. So it is not at all certain that John Connally actually does lower his head.
Mouth opening.

Prove it!!
Eyes closing.

Prove it!!
Lapel flipping.

In a conversation with Robert P. you were discussing whether this was a consequence of the wind.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This once again proves something Vincent Bugliosi said dozens of times during his book tour in 2007....

Conspiracists won't believe anything even when there's a photo or a FILM that shows what is happening.

Vince, as usual, is 100% correct.

Edited by David Von Pein

With each passing post, James, your level of SBT Denial skyrockets to brand new heights never before attained by any other CTer I've ever encountered.

BTW, are you still sticking to this fantasy?.....

"Nor does John Connally’s hat begin to flip at Z 226 forwards." -- James R. Gordon

....Even though I have proven you wrong multiple times--even with an individual slide of Z226? It's this one, which shows the white blob in front of JBC. What's that white thing here, if NOT Connally's Stetson?....

z226.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

This frame 270 shows Connally turning round to look at JFK. David, do you really think he did this nearly three seconds after being shot in the back?

z273_zpsne6p3nwm.jpg

Bump for DVP.

Just found out that DVP has had his posting rights stopped by the management.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

I acknowledge that my suspension of David Von Pein’s posting privileges was hasty and wrong. I apologise to members for making such a hasty decision and will endeavour not to act again in such a way in the future.

David Von Pein’s posting privileges have been restored.

This frame 270 shows Connally turning round to look at JFK. David, do you really think he did this nearly three seconds after being shot in the back?

z273_zpsne6p3nwm.jpg

Bump for DVP.

Just found out that DVP has had his posting rights stopped by the management.

bump for DVP

On 5/16/2015 at 9:29 AM, Ray Mitcham said:

This frame 270 [iT'S ACTUALLY FRAME 273, NOT 270] shows Connally turning round to look at JFK. David, do you really think he did this nearly three seconds after being shot in the back?

What makes you think Connally should have instantly collapsed into a heap in the car after he was shot?

I know that there have been some conspiracists over the years who have advocated the notion that John Connally was not hit by ANY bullet until AFTER President Kennedy was shot in the head. But it's fairly obvious (to me) that when looking at the Zapruder Film in motion, Connally has been injured well prior to Z313. It's very clear (to me) that he is exhibiting a considerable amount of distress just after Z-Film frame 224 and in the frames that immediately follow....

Z-Film+Clip-SBT-In-Motion.gif

Plus, we know from Governor Connally's own testimony and his many public interviews after the assassination (four of which can be found below) that he didn't say "My God, they're going to kill us all" until AFTER he was hit by the bullet....

"I immediately, when I was hit, I said, "Oh, no, no, no." And then I said, "My God, they are going to kill us all"." -- John Connally; 1964 WC Testimony

"Then I said right after I was hit, I said, "My God, they are going to kill us all"." -- John Connally; 1978 HSCA Testimony

And we can easily see in the above Z-Film excerpt that Mr. Connally's mouth is moving and he is most certainly SAYING SOMETHING as he turns around in his seat.

Now, conspiracy theorists can always argue that we really can't KNOW for a fact WHAT the Texas Governor was uttering as we see his mouth moving in the above pre-Z313 frames, but that argument is not a very strong one in light of the testimony of both John and Nellie Connally, who testified that the ONLY words being uttered by the Governor immediately after he was shot were "Oh, no, no, no" and "My God, they're going to kill us all".

Perhaps what we need is a really good lip reader to examine the Zapruder Film to nail down exactly what words Governor Connally is saying in the silent film.

Plus, the theory about Connally not being hit by a bullet until after the JFK head shot is defeated by the additional testimony of John Connally, who always said the third shot (the head shot to JFK) occurred AFTER Connally himself had already been hit. That fact is very plain whenever listening to Mr. Connally recount the events of 11/22/63.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7UZlseF-KY

ALSO SEE:

jfkassassinationforum.com/topic12298.msg383527

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/02/sbt-clips.html

Edited by David Von Pein