The Education Forum

John Connally did not believe the Warren Commission report

OpEdNews Op Eds 3/29/2006
Is deception the best way to serve one's country?
By Doug Thompson

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_doug_tho_060330_is_deception_the_bes.htm

From the article: "You know I was one of the ones who advised Kennedy to stay away from Texas," Connally said. "Lyndon (Johnson) was being a real a**hole about the whole thing and insisted."

Connally's mood darkened as he talked about Dallas. When the bullet hit him, he said he felt like he had been kicked in the ribs and couldn't breathe. He spoke kindly of Jackie Kennedy and said he admired both her bravery and composure.

I had to ask. Did he think Lee Harvey Oswald fired the gun that killed Kennedy?

"Absolutely not," Connally said. "I do not, for one second, believe the conclusions of the Warren Commission."

And you've never changed your mind about anything, Dave? Or concealed your true convictions because of fear or some other motive?

And you've never changed your mind about anything, Dave?

If you change Dave's mind about the SBT, you deserve the Medal of Freedom or something.

David,

If you applaud John Connally's support for the Warren Commission then I assume you also support his emphatic claim at 1:30 that he was not injured with the first shot. That he was in the process of turning to his left when he was shot. That is exactly what he is doing between Z 222 and 230.

Why do you feel Connally is right to support the Commission but wrong about when he was injured?

James.

David,

If you applaud John Connally's support for the Warren Commission then I assume you also support his emphatic claim at 1:30 that he was not injured with the first shot. That he was in the process of turning to his left when he was shot. That is exactly what he is doing between Z 222 and 230.

Why do you feel Connally is right to support the Commission but wrong about when he was injured?

James.

He's not wrong about when he was injured, James.

John Connally's testimony and his other comments in interviews are in perfect harmony with the SBT and the overall "Lone Assassin Fired Three Shots" scenario....

Connally ALWAYS said he was not hit by the first shot, but was hit by Shot #2. That's exactly what I think happened too. So I don't think JBC is "wrong" at all. He's 100% right. And he was in the process of turning to his left when he was hit by the SBT bullet at Z224.

As for JBC's anti-SBT stance, that is something he HAD to have gotten mostly from his wife Nellie. We certainly know that JBC *himself* couldn't know if JFK was hit by the first bullet or the second bullet....because JBC always said he never physically SAW Kennedy after the shooting began....

"I never saw either one of them [JFK or Jackie] after the firing started." -- John B. Connally; 1964 WC Testimony

Regarding Connally's "The President had slumped" remark in the bedside interview with Martin Agronsky....

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-did-john-connally-see.html

Edited by David Von Pein

While it would be most convenient for your position, David, to believe Nellie was the only obstacle between big John and the single-bullet theory, this is a puff of smoke burped out by those refusing to look at the record.

1. Connally's initial belief was that the first two shots--the ones he was later told were fired by Oswald using a bolt-action rifle--were extremely close together--and were fired by an automatic weapon.

2. At the request of the Warren Commission, he studied the Zapruder film, and came to believe Kennedy was hit before going behind the sign, while he was hit just after coming out from behind the sign.

3. He trusted his doctor Robert Shaw, who told him the bullet hitting him had not hit Kennedy first.

So it wasn't just Nellie that told him the SBT was incorrect--it was everything he trusted...his ears, his eyes, his doctor, AND his wife.

Pat,

And yet, despite all that information being gathered by John Connally, he was still all wrong about the SBT.

But Connally did say he thought the SBT was "possible" when asked about it by CBS News in 1967....

JOHN CONNALLY -- "The only way that I could ever reconcile my memory of what happened and what occurred, with respect to the One-Bullet Theory is .... it had to be the SECOND bullet that might have hit us both."

EDDIE BARKER -- "Do you believe, Governor Connally, that the first bullet could have missed, the second one hit both of you, and the third one hit President Kennedy?"

JOHN CONNALLY -- "That's possible. That's possible."

~~~~~

So, unlike nearly all "Internet CTers", at least the Texas Governor was a reasonable critic of the single-bullet conclusion.

dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/john-and-nellie-connally.html

~~~~~

Edited by David Von Pein

DVD has even won over John Connally! Who's next?

John Connally's final words on the subject: (From In History's Shadow, 1993) "I happen to support the major findings of the Warren Commission. I believe there were errors, including the so-called “magic bullet.” My ear and my body told me that I was not wounded in three places by a bullet that hit President Kennedy. I remain convinced that he was hit twice, and I once, by three separate shots.”

As far as his comments in 1966 (and then 1967), David, context is everything. As detailed on my website, the release of Epstein's and Lane's books, when coupled with Connally's appearance in Life magazine, completely flipped out the Johnson Administration. Arlen Specter was brought out to defend the SBT, Boswell was forced to pretend the back wound was a neck wound, Connally was dragged back out to say that Mark Lane was a scavenger, and that the SBT was possible. And Hoover was forced to pretend he accepted the SBT.

It's all there in chapter 10, in a section entitled "The Boswell Incident".

Edited by Pat Speer

Pat, DVP's not going to read your work.

Not unless you change your name to McAdams or Bugliosi.