The Education Forum

Gary Mack has passed away

Guest Duncan MacRae

Guest Duncan MacRae

The 6th Floor Museum has just announced that Gary Mack has passed away.

Sad news indeed.

R.I.P.

GMack.jpg

Edited by Duncan MacRae

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on another forum that someone said that just a few weeks ago,Gary was helping them with some JFK things, and never mentioned the cancer. That sounds just like him.

He was helping me find a document a few weeks back as well and said he was temporarily on disability and away from the museum, but would get it for me when he went back to work. Never mentioned that he was seriously ill to me either.

Definitely a very sad day here.

I am also very surprised at this. It felt like Gary would be around forever. I've stopped by the sixth floor museum several times over the years in hopes of introducing myself. I always thought "Well, someday." Well, in the words of John Fogerty, "Someday Never Comes."

This is sad news. I exchanged correspondence and telephone conversations with Gary on many occasions over the past 30 odd years. He never failed to answer any questions I may have had or denied any help I needed whenever I asked.

R.I.P.

very surprising - sorry to hear this - his is one of those ever-present names in this thing of ours, isn't it. Everywhere you go, there he is. :) Bless his heart. no matter which side he chose, his contribution was and is valuable...

This is sad news. I exchanged correspondence and telephone conversations with Gary on many occasions over the past 30 odd years. He never failed to answer any questions I may have had or denied any help I needed whenever I asked.

R.I.P.

Hear hear...

I corresponded with Gary several times by email and he was always very helpful. Though he was criticized a lot by CTers, I'll never forget him telling me, "Don't count me among the lone nutters," one reason specifically being the large exit wound in the back of the head. RIP.

I can't believe Gary Mack is dead. What I liked about him was when he'd

send me an email with information he wanted posted to the forum. And I

always obliged. He discovered Badge Man, yet for some reason, he turned

away from conspiracy and, I guess, believed Lee Harvey Oswald shot

President Kennedy from the 6th floor of the TSBD.