The Education Forum

Gary Mack has passed away

Guest Duncan MacRae

I was brought to tears when I heard that Gary had died. Gary was a unique individual and I doubt there will ever be another one like him.

It took me a while to get to know Gary well and to understand that there were two sides to this man. One s

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My posting of the Video snippet was to prove the point to Jim, and that Jim ( A knew B and B knew C, proves that C knew A ) DiEugenio was wrong with his quoted comment shown below.

"But none of these showed up in any of the many documentaries he helped put on TV."

The Video tells the truth, get over it!

Trouble is, Duncan, you didn't prove Jim wrong.

Because the show that snippet came from wasn't one of the many documentaries Gary "helped put on TV".

Gary used to email me regularly some years ago. These emails were always responses to my forum posts, and invariably attempted to "correct" me on whatever aspect of the case I'd commented on. Without fail, Gary's "corrections" were of an anti-conspiracy nature. I told him to stop emailing me after he tried to persuade me that the Babushka Lady had not even been filming the motorcade, but merely taking still pictures.

Jack White, who was at the time very close friends with Gary, alleged that he and Dave Perry combined to really disrupt Jim Marrs' class on the assassination back in the early '90s. In fact, it seems that Gary's sudden close association with Perry was instrumental in breaking up his long time friendship with Jack, something that clearly bothered Jack and often this contention flowed out in public, on Rich Dellarosa's old JFK forum.

As Jim D. noted, Gary was an integral part of numerous misleading television documentaries, which each could have been produced by CBS News in the 1960s, and hosted by Walter Cronkite. He did indeed express his belief in conspiracy to me privately, but he never did anything on those shows but promote the Warren Commission's fairy tale.

On the other hand, as others have said, Gary was unfailingly polite and very helpful. Like many of you, I suspect his job at the Sixth Floor Museum influenced his alleged change of opinion quite significantly. Regardless, he was way too young, and my sympathy goes out to his family.

I am sorry to hear this news.

As you can see from a number of my posts, Gary Mack and I did not agree on much of anything. However, he did point some directors/producers of JFK assassination documentaries having a focus on the limousine in my direction, and I am appreciative of that. He used to email me regularly, as he has others, to 'correct' my position to something he was more comfortable with. But that raised 'red flags', and I came to realize that when that happened I should probably research my idea further as it probably had merit.

Gary tried to keep me from becoming involved with Judyth Baker, and when I attempted to explain what I was doing (keeping an open mind until her book came out) he was not happy with that. After the long and arduous seven years I spent involved with Judyth, I can only think that he may have thought he was looking out for me, and I appreciate that too...

Edited by Pamela Brown

Gary Mack was helpful to me when I was seeking certain recordings [which I never was able to obtain] from 11/22/63. He could be a great asset to investigation, when he chose to be.

It is very true that Gary Mack could be helpful if he wanted to be. However, he could be very abusive if he disagreed with you. The problem people had with Gary was the change in his views after 1994 when Mack became an archivist and later curator of the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza.

This might have been because of his research or maybe it had something to do with his job. I know he got very upset when I quoted him the words of the great investigative journalist, Upton Sinclair “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

http://spartacus-educational.com/Jupton.htm

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKmack.htm

It did seem to me that once he became curator of th 6FM Gary would tend to seem open to many kinds of conspiracy ideas, but always return to the mantra that 'there is no hard evidence of conspiracy'. I found that frustrating, and came to acknowledge that would not change. So I do agree that whatever he might have privately thought, his position made his WC defender stance inevitable...

The problem I had with Gary was this:

Gary first was a researcher who was actually in TMWKK the first time around with Groden. Which was anti Warren Commission, pro conspiracy.

He then, around the time of the Roscoe White hoax, 30th anniversary, changed sides.

Now, many people, like Jesse Ventura, said Gary had private doubts about the official story.

But none of these showed up in any of the many documentaries he helped put on TV.

And when I say many, I mean MANY. After 1993, no one was involved with more WC stuff that got broadcast than Gary. No one,.

So here is what puzzles me: Why on one had did he do one thing in public, yet in private tell several people he was not really sure about it?

Ironically, if those involved in the Ongoing Coverup really wanted to destroy the CTs from within, using someone who had established credibilities with many CTs, such as Gary Mack did at the time of TMWKK, and then came to 'see the light' would be ideal...

I am sorry to hear this news.

As you can see from a number of my posts, Gary Mack and I did not agree on much of anything. However, he did point some directors/producers of JFK assassination documentaries having a focus on the limousine in my direction, and I am appreciative of that. He used to email me regularly, as he has others, to 'correct' my position to something he was more comfortable with. But that raised 'red flags', and I came to realize that when that happened I should probably research my idea further as it probably had merit.

Gary tried to keep me from becoming involved with Judyth Baker, and when I attempted to explain what I was doing (keeping an open mind until her book came out) he was not happy with that. After the long and arduous seven years I spent involved with Judyth, I can only think that he may have thought he was looking out for me, and I appreciate that too...

May I call you Pamela ?

BAKER FAKER CANDLESTICK MAKER.....YEARS & YEARS OF RESEARCH ..... WHAT I CAN SAY OF FOR CERTAIN >>>>> there is a jfk disinfo industry ,gaal

-

see http://www.ctka.net/2015/JudythBaker-DJ.pdf

=============================================

also http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21890&p=302385 post # 4

Edited by Steven Gaal

One thing I will always disagree with Gary on is when he told me absolutely that there was no live TV coverage of the Dallas casket's arrival in front of Bethesda, where the hearse sat for several minutes. I remember watching it. As curator at the museum he was certainly in a position to know if there is any extant footage, and there obviously isn't. But that doesn't mean it wasn't televised. I know of only one other person on Earth who says he remembers seeing the TV coverage of the Bethesda arrival. (But he remembers it was not the hearse that left Andrews. Is that why there is no extant footage?) It's hard to believe that we are two such unique people, but "I know what I saw when I saw it."

DM: The Video tells the truth, get over it!

​Martin already blew this up, but really Duncan, do I now have to list all the incredibly one sided, pro WC shows Gary served on as either main talking head,or chief consultant?

In respecting the recently passed I did not want to do it. But keep on pushing me and I will.

Gary went through a significant mid life crisis. How else does one explain him serving as one of two talking heads on TMWKK and then doing something like Inside the Target Car?

I was brought to tears when I heard that Gary had died. Gary was a unique individual and I doubt there will ever be another one like him.

It took me a while to get to know Gary well and to understand that there were two sides to this man. One side of him believed there was a conspiracy to assassinate President Kennedy while the other side of him was a historian of the assassination per the Sixth Floor Museum. How he managed to balance the two was beyond me, but he did it well.

I think there were a lot of people who just didn't appreciate the position Gary was put in when he took on the challenge of being Curator for the Sixth Floor Museum. That job allowed him access to a wealth of information that was beyond anyone's comprehension. I was given the privledge to browse the photo and film records on several occasions and seeing the best of the best images, not to mention never before relased images, was mind boggling to say the least. I quickly came to understand and appreciate why it was so important to Gary to not to do anything to risk losing his position there despite what he personally believed happened to JFK on November 22, 1963. Gary made it clear to me that when the time came for him to leave the Sixth Floor Museum - he would then be able to finally write and publicly talk about his experiences there and to go into depth about what he really believed had transpired in the killing of our 35th President of the United States. There certainly would have been a lot of suprised people (especially his critics) who would have had their eyes opened to what Gary Mack really thought.

For me personally - I respected and admired the man - I loved him as a fellow human being - and was proud to call him a friend. He has my eternal gratitude for the all the time he spent with me pertaining to JFK's Assassination.

Bill Miller

Nothing more to say? Really.

Go back and look at Inside the Target Car and see how Gary says that a shot from the fence was not possible since it would have hit Jackie Kennedy.

This was not true. It was made possible by the choreography on the set.

Which Groden told them AT THE TIME was wrong.

Keep it up Duncan.

Go back and look at Inside the Target Car and see how Gary says that a shot from the fence was not possible since it would have hit Jackie Kennedy.

I didn't see that program, but I thought Gary remained impressed by, if he wasn't an advocate of, the acoustics evidence, which said there was a shot from the fence. Was he just contradicting himself, or did he give up on the dictabelt stuff?

I didn't see that program, but I thought Gary remained impressed by, if he wasn't an advocate of, the acoustics evidence, which said there was a shot from the fence. Was he just contradicting himself, or did he give up on the dictabelt stuff?

Gary once told me that he believed the shots that hit all came from the sixth floor but there was a missed shot from the knoll.

Which, of course, was the HSCA scenario.

Gary made it clear to me that when the time came for him to leave the Sixth Floor Museum - he would then be able to finally write and publicly talk about his experiences there and to go into depth about what he really believed had transpired in the killing of our 35th President of the United States. There certainly would have been a lot of suprised people (especially his critics) who would have had their eyes opened to what Gary Mack really thought.

Bill, did Gary share with you what he "really thought"?

If so, I'm sure everyone would be interested to hear about it.

(Jim, I noticed, when this thread first started, that you were unusually quiet, and expected that you were probably waiting to see how the thread flowed before you came in. It is always calm before the storm. Darn predictability!)

Must say though, I was quite surprised that folks were so respectful the last couple of days on this thread regarding his passing.

Would like to remind you that we are all human, and we grieve when someone we cared about is lost. Hold on to that thought for a minute. It would seem to me that folk could have at least waited to air any problems they had with someone so recently deceased. Now grant you, probably a lot of people who you folk admire, I can't stand. but I know what grief feels like (we all do) and would offer condolences and at least wait until a bit of time passed before I said anything. and I'd watch the way I said it. But that is just me.

We've all read about the 5 stages of grief and each of us has probably experienced them. Those are going to come out, in one form or another. It is part of being human.

C'mon people, there is room all over this forum for later Gary questionings. Can you just allow a place where folk can put a few "Sorrys", or "I should haves" or something else w/o telling us what a bad guy he was in your opinion? I'm sure the reading audience already knows from former postings how you feel about Gary. The folks who are jumping on him, or getting ready to are no surprise to me, anyway, as I'm sure others aren't surprised,either.

Bit of room to breathe, please.

It is just a request.

Things got very hot at the old Rich Dellarosa JFK Forum when Gary Mack was posting.

Especially after I said that : If he wanted to do real JFK research, all he had to do is just for him to call the law firm of the TSBD.

==============================================================================

• Gary was very polite after he stopped posting on Forums and thanked me in an E-mail about a Jameson Film Company find I had. (I just deep read wiki)
  • The sad thing is that like many of his generation he seemed to have sold out after expressing idealism in concrete ways.
  • I hope he had Jesus Christ as LORD in his heart. ,gaal