The Education Forum

Oswald Took The GATB Tests At The Fort Worth T.E.C. Office In June Of 1962

Suffice it to say that on 10/10/62, Helen Cunningham in Dallas (or one of her coworkers there) wrote on Lee Oswald's test results card "GATB IN FORT WORTH -- JUNE, 1962."

GATB stood for General Aptitude Test Battery,

It took me a long time to figure out that Cunningham (or one of her coworkers) had written the "G" as a strangely-shaped longhand letter, whereas the "A", "T", and "B" were printed as easy-to-read block letters.

It seems that the date "4/62," written twice on accompanying documents, were "typos" caused by someone's mental / numerical lapses, because the spelled-out word "June" in the "JUNE, 1962" part was much less likely a mistake.

If you want to see it with your own eyes, "GATB IN FORT WORTH -- JUNE, 1962" is about 2/3 down the page on the left hand side, next to Oswald's test scores (which were teletyped to Mrs. Cunningham on 10/10/62 from the Fort Worth T.E.C. office). Note that that part of the document does not appear to have been detached from the upper part which has the name "Oswald, Lee" in the upper left hand corner.

Click on document to enlarge.

WH_Vol19_0210a.jpg

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

Both you and Greg have done a good job debunking this issue. Armstrong should do a rewrite of his book and hire a proofreader, editor and fact checker to get rid of the debunked material. If he did all of this, the book would be about 300 pages of speculation.

Thanks, Tracy.

It seems that my fun-lovin' "bud" David Josephs isn't going to even try to rebut my argument that "GATB in Fort Worth -- June 1962," written next to Oswald's test results, settles it for once and for all -- somebody mistakenly wrote "4/62" on different T.E.C. documents that same day when they meant to write "6/62."

"GATB" stood for General Aptitude Test Battery.

I think any reasonable person would agree with me that since the month "J-u-n-e" was written out in word form when Mrs. Cunningham (or one of her coworkers) wrote down "GATB in Fort Worth -- June 1962," that that date is much more likely to be accurate than any numerical version in the form of MM/YY.

"GATB in Fort Worth -- June 1962" is about two-thirds of the way down on the left hand side, next to Oswald's test scores. The scores were teletyped, upon request, from the Fort Worth office to the Dallas office on 10/10/62 and they were written down on this form. (Click on it to enlarge.)

WH_Vol19_0210a.jpg

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

Both you and Greg have done a good job debunking this issue. Armstrong should do a rewrite of his book and hire a proofreader, editor and fact checker to get rid of the debunked material. If he did all of this, the book would be about 300 pages of speculation.

Thanks, Tracy.

It seems that my fun-lovin' "bud" David Josephs isn't going to even try to rebut my argument that "GATB in Fort Worth -- June 1962," written next to Oswald's test results, settles it for once and for all -- somebody mistakenly wrote "4/62" on different T.E.C. documents that same day when they meant to write "6/62."

"GATB" stood for General Aptitude Test Battery.

I think any reasonable person would agree with me that since the month "J-u-n-e" was written out in word form when Mrs. Cunningham (or one of her coworkers) wrote down "GATB in Fort Worth -- June 1962," that that date is much more likely to be accurate than any numerical version in the form of MM/YY.

"GATB in Fort Worth -- June 1962" is about two-thirds of the way down on the left hand side, next to Oswald's test scores. The scores were teletyped, upon request, from the Fort Worth office to the Dallas office on 10/10/62 and they were written down on this form. (Click on it to enlarge.)

WH_Vol19_0210a.jpg

bumped for my fun-lovin' buddy, David Josephs

• 1 year later...
On 7/15/2015 at 8:33 PM, Thomas Graves said:

On 10/10/62, Helen Cunningham in Dallas (or one of her coworkers there) wrote on Lee Oswald's test results card "GATB IN FORT WORTH -- JUNE, 1962."  [emphasis added]

GATB stood for "General Aptitude Test Battery."

It took me a long time to figure out that Cunningham (or one of her coworkers) had written the "G" as a strangely-shaped longhand letter, whereas the "A", "T", and "B" were printed as easy-to-read block letters.

It seems that the date "4/62," written twice on accompanying documents, were "typos" caused by someone's mental / numerical lapses, because the spelled-out word "June" in the "JUNE, 1962" part was much less likely a mistake.

If you want to see it with your own eyes, "GATB IN FORT WORTH -- JUNE, 1962" is about 2/3 down the page [3/17/17 edit: YOU'LL HAVE TO ENLARGE THE DOCUMENT TO REALIZE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, SANDY] on the left hand side, next to Oswald's test scores (which were teletyped to Mrs. Cunningham on 10/10/62 from the Fort Worth T.E.C. office). Note that that part of the document does not appear to have been detached from the upper part which has the name "Oswald, Lee" in the upper left hand corner.

Click on thedocument to enlarge.

WH_Vol19_0210a.jpg

Personal note for Sandy Larsen:  "For example.  LOL"

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Good catch, Thomas.

David Josephs had highlighted that sentence, but (as far I could tell) didn't explain its significance. I thought the "GATB" was "DATE."

Sandy,

So did I for a long time back in the day.

--  Tommy  :sun