The Education Forum

New Book!

32 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

In 1964, Robert Welch spoke at a Rightist rally in Oklahoma along with Billy James Hargis and Ex-General Walker.  The cause was the campaign of Barry Goldwater. 

So the break in late 1962 was not absolute.

As for the exact date of Welch's official break with Walker, you're right.  it was seven days after JFK sent Walker to an insane asylum.

But Walker was acquitted in January, 1964.  In just a matter of months they were on speaking terms again -- evidently.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

So what?  Welch (and every other person) can accept an invitation to speak somewhere without it being assumed that he endorses or supports or admires or agrees with every other speaker or guest.  Welch supported Goldwater.  So did Bill Buckley and National Review.  Nevertheless, Buckley and National Review writers eviscerated both Welch and the JBS!  Later, Buckley defended Birchers who were police officers in major eastern cities when they were being challenged by liberals for bias.  But that did NOT mean Buckley agreed with or supported JBS ideas.

Your problem, Paul, is that you always connect meaningless dots.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

Your problem, Paul, is that you always connect meaningless dots.

Big overstatement there, Ernie.  

Actually -- that's your problem -- always overstating your case.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

23 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Big overstatement there, Ernie.  

Actually -- that's your problem -- always overstating your case.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

That is your standard "reply" to everything I write -- despite the fact that you NEVER refute what I present.  Instead, you just present more unsubstantiated personal opinion and claim that it cannot be challenged.

10 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

That is your standard "reply" to everything I write -- despite the fact that you NEVER refute what I present.  Instead, you just present more unsubstantiated personal opinion and claim that it cannot be challenged.

Ernie,

You have challenged my opinions continually -- perhaps obsessively -- for years. 

Yet I am no longer alone in my Walker-did-it CT of the JFK assassination. I now have the firm support of the recent book by Jeff Caufield: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

And that's the real topic of this thread.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

You have challenged my opinions continually -- perhaps obsessively -- for years. 

Yet I am no longer alone in my Walker-did-it CT of the JFK assassination. I now have the firm support of the recent book by Jeff Caufield: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

And that's the real topic of this thread.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

As usual, you miss my point.  You correctly state that you present "opinions".  By contrast, most of my messages in reply to your "opinions" discuss specific factual evidence which refutes your "opinions".  But instead of responding to me by presenting clear factual evidence to refute what I present, you just offer more "opinions" OR you use your standard intellectual escape hatch by describing anything I present as "overstating" my case -- whatever that means in your mind.  It appears that "overstating" is your way of acknowledging that you have nothing to dispute what I present.  

Example:  you started this discussion by claiming that Walker had "political influence" and you then presented the cover of Newsweek as support for your "opinion".  I then pointed out that there is nothing in that issue of Newsweek about Walker's political influence, and much more importantly, the location where you would expect to see clear evidence to support your contention about Walker's "political influence" (i.e. Texas) does NOT support your theory.

You then made some kind of point regarding Welch appearing at the same event as Walker --- and you implied that Welch's presence at that event must mean that he and Walker were not estranged.  I then used Bill Buckley and the National Review crowd's severe criticism of Welch and the JBS to demonstrate that even though they may have attended some event together OR supported the same politician (like Goldwater) does not change the fact that Buckley and Welch had irreconcilable differences.

But, as usual, you ignore everything factual and just present more "opinions" -- even when (as in the case of the NARA list of remaining documents to be released) there is absolutely NOTHING to support your "opinions" (aka delusions)

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Ernie,

You present your opinions as "facts" in a dogmatic and often insulting manner.   Authoritarian attitudes are not logical arguments, however.

The facts are on my side, and they remain clear -- as presented by the recent book by Jeff Caufield (2015), who remains the central topic of this FORUM thread.

The facts show that General Walker was part of an Underground Radical Right movement in 1963, which was emphatically motivated to assassinate JFK because of Cuba and Civil Rights -- and when JFK came to Dallas -- the eye of the hurricane -- General Walker's men carried out his paramilitary plan.

This is the correct solution to the JFK assassination.  Jeff Caufield obviates 50 years of failed CT literature.

This is what the remaining 3,000+ documents on the JFK assassination still withheld by the US Government will finally reveal this year, by October 26, 2017, if not before.

If you like, I'll bet you a nickel.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

10 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

You present your opinions as "facts" in a dogmatic and often insulting manner.   Authoritarian attitudes are not logical arguments, however.

The facts are on my side, and they remain clear -- as presented by the recent book by Jeff Caufield (2015), who remains the central topic of this FORUM thread.

The facts show that General Walker was part of an Underground Radical Right movement in 1963, which was emphatically motivated to assassinate JFK because of Cuba and Civil Rights -- and when JFK came to Dallas -- the eye of the hurricane -- General Walker's men carried out his paramilitary plan.

This is the correct solution to the JFK assassination.  Jeff Caufield obviates 50 years of failed CT literature.

This is what the remaining 3,000+ documents on the JFK assassination still withheld by the US Government will finally reveal this year, by October 26, 2017, if not before.

If you like, I'll bet you a nickel.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Well, Paul, all you have to do is refute, with evidence, anything which you believe is mistaken.  But you never want to do that.

I am happy to accept your bet.  Perhaps you did not read any of the recent articles (one of which I posted here) which quoted not only the NARA officials responsible for reviewing all of the remaining documents but also quoted the former Chairman of the ARRB -- all of whom stated that there is nothing particularly earth-shaking in the remaining documents.  Instead, most of the remaining material merely amplifies what is already known or suspected -- such as documents which pertain to Oswald's trip to Mexico City.  THAT should give you a clue about why you are going to owe me a nickel.

With respect to Dr. Caufield's book:   I suspect that, 10 or 20 years from now, it will be regarded as an interesting but flawed summary of little-discussed or remembered information pertaining to the history of the radical right in our country during the 1950's-1960's -- but it contains lots of factual errors and even more speculation.  Speculation is ok IF one can support it with clear and compelling evidence but I think Caufield's work will not be more favorably reviewed with the passage of time than it is today (when apparently no scholar has ever bothered to publish a formal review of it).

Edited by Ernie Lazar

For those of you who are not familiar with Hamilton Books, they are a mail order company which sells remainders and out-of-print books -- often at 50% or more off the retail price.

If you have any interest in the following Kennedy-assassination related titles -- they are available from Hamilton at very reasonable prices:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/products/search?q=kennedy+assassination&cat_id=

On 4/3/2017 at 2:23 PM, Ernie Lazar said:

COUNCIL FOR STATEHOOD (aka Freemen) and CONGRESS OF FREEDOM

Dr. Caufield discusses Council For Statehood on pages 141-146, 153-154, 168-169, 346-347 and 368-369.  He discusses Congress of Freedom on pages 137-155, 283-285.

Today, I have uploaded onto the Internet Archive website, sections 1 and 2 the FBI HQ main file on Council For Statehood (HQ 157-758) which covers the period from December 1962 through April 18, 1963.     https://archive.org/details/@ernie1241

Council For Statehood members (aka Freeman) were thought by the FBI to be prime candidates for carrying out assassinations of prominent Americans after a Miami police informant (Willie Augustus Somersett) told Miami PD that such assassinations were discussed at the April 4-6, 1963 Annual Convention of the Congress of Freedom held in New Orleans. [See FBI HQ 157-758, #20; SAC Miami to J. Edgar Hoover.]  The leader of the Council was Mary M. Davison.

According to one FBI file, Mary Davison was known to "work closely" with the American Nazi Party and she was "a top leader in segregationist groups" -- including White Citizens Councils in her area and the National States Rights Party  [HQ 157-1232, #1; 12/11/63 summary report by Miami field]

Although this HQ main file is predominantly about the Council, many serials discuss Congress of Freedom and people connected to both the Council and the Congress.  In addition, even though a HQ file, it contains numerous field office serials -- particularly from Miami.

I may appeal this FOIA release because the FBI did not follow my original instructions but even if my appeal is successful, it will probably be another year before the re-processed file is released.

Today I received the remainder of the FBI HQ main file on Council For Statehood.  The remaining documents total 183 pages and cover the period from July 5, 1963 through November 1, 1969.  This release contains the remainder of section 2 and all of section 3 of the HQ file.  Most of the serials originated from the Miami field office file on the Council (157-739).   The entire file totals 674 pages.

Sections 2.2 and 3 are now uploaded on Internet Archive here:   https://archive.org/details/@ernie1241

In addition, there is a San Antonio file (105-2707) which is at NARA.  Also, other field office files pertaining to the Council have been destroyed or they were not in their normal location so they were not processed for me.

ADDENDUM:

I discovered something in this release which I always suspected but could never prove before now.  It turns out that Mary Davison was a JBS member.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

For those who are interested -- here are links to various files which are about subjects discussed in this and other Forum threads

| FBI file Dean Adams Andrews
 | FBI file David William Ferrie
 | FBI file Silvia Duran
 | House Select Committee on Assassinations Martin Luther King Jr. Report | 
 | House Select Committee on Assassinations Report 

| CounterSpy Spring 1976, Volume 3 Issue 1
 | Church Committee Reports
 | Warren Commission Report and 26 Appendix Volumes
 | House Select Committee on Assassinations Report and 12 Appendix Volumes
 | Final Report Of The Assassinations Records Review Board

| Jim Garrison file Miguel S. Torres

| Jim Garrison file Clay L. Shaw
 | Jim Garrison file Secret Service N. O. Investigations
 | Jim Garrison file Albert Osborne; AKA Bowen, John Howard
 | Jim Garrison file Harry Olsen
 | Jim Garrison file Mobile, Alabama

| Jim Garrison file Edward Julius Girnus
 | Jim Garrison file Research Materials
 | Jim Garrison file Ferrie, David William (Deceased)
 | Jim Garrison file Vernon Bundy
 | Jim Garrison file Misc (7 folders)

| Jim Garrison file Bill Williams Wilfred Jr.
 | Jim Garrison file Edward James Whalen
 | Jim Garrison file Ward, Johnson, Jr.
 | Jim Garrison file Miguel Torres
 | Jim Garrison file Photographs

| Jim Garrison file Photographs-Persons Appearing with Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas Police Department Identification "Line-Up"
 | Jim Garrison file Photographs Trade Mart Aerial View: Trade Mart Floor Plans
 | Jim Garrison file Mrs. Marguerite C. Oswald v. Liberty Insurance Company of Texas
 | Jim Garrison file Texas Attorney General's Report
 | Jim Garrison file Clay Shaw Notebooks

| Jim Garrison file Shaw
 | Jim Garrison file Shaw & Canada
 | Jim Garrison file Shaw-Bernedez-Weiss Lead
 | Jim Garrison file Shaw III World Trade Center (Italy)
 | Jim Garrison file Shaw & Cuba

| Jim Garrison file Shaw Leads
 | Jim Garrison file Clay Shaw - Associations
 | Jim Garrison file Death of Ferrie
 | Jim Garrison file Salandria "Model"
 | Jim Garrison file Perry Russo

| Jim Garrison file Jack Ruby
 | Jim Garrison file George Lincoln Rockwell
 | Jim Garrison file Leonard Reissman
 | Jim Garrison file Marina Oswald Porter
 | Jim Garrison file James Phelan

| Jim Garrison file Robert Perrin
 | Jim Garrison file Ruth Paine
 | FBI file Lee Harvey Oswald 
 | Jim Garrison file Photographs of Oswald Shooting in Basement 3 of 3

| Jim Garrison file Lee Harvey Oswald 2 of 3
 | Jim Garrison file Investigation of the Operation Security Involving the Transfer of Lee Harvey Oswald November 24, 1963 1 of 3
 | Jim Garrison file Oswald - Lakefront
 | Jim Garrison file LHO/ONI File
 | Jim Garrison file Oswald's Property

| Jim Garrison file Oswald's Notebook
 | Jim Garrison file Lee Harvey Oswald
 | Jim Garrison file Odd Sects
 | Jim Garrison file Richard Case Nagell
 | Jim Garrison file Griscom Morgan

| Jim Garrison file Mexico
 | Jim Garrison file J. A. Mercer
 | Jim Garrison file Layton Martens
 | Jim Garrison file Betty Mooney MacDonald
 | Jim Garrison file Lead Files (misc.)

| Jim Garrison file Dave Kroman
 | Jim Garrison file Individuals engaged in obstruction of D.A.'s Investigation of JFK Assassination
 | Jim Garrison file Giesbrecht, Richard E.
 | Jim Garrison file Philip Geraci
 | Jim Garrison file Robert Kennedy Grand Jury Transcript, Medicolegal Investigation (Coroner) & FBI Reports

| Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous Investigative Reports and Memorandum 2
 | Jim Garrison file Charts "Activity Correlations" and "Departures From Reilly Coffee Company"
 | Jim Garrison file Material re: Clay Shaw
 | Jim Garrison file Suggested Beckham Questions
 | Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous Investigative Reports and Memorandum

| Jim Garrison file Materials pertaining to prosecution of Garrison in 1971
 | Jim Garrison file Kerry Thornley 
 | Jim Garrison file Smith - Tertiary
 | Jim Garrison file Smith - Secondary
 | Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous Investigative Reports and Memorandum (3 folders)

| Jim Garrison file Interview of William A. Morris, 7/12/67 17 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Folder Entitled "End of Garrison Miscellaneous Files" 16 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Material 15 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Material on Secret Societies 14 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Deposition of Richard McGarrah Helms, E. Howard Hunt v. Liberty Lobby, Inc. 13 of 17

| Jim Garrison file New Orleans Conference 9/21/1968 12 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous Investigative Reports and Memorandum 11 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Fan Mail 10 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Marguerite C. Oswald v. King Candy Company 9 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous Investigative Reports and Memorandum re Clay Shaw, David Ferrie, Layton Martens 8 of 17

| Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Material 7 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Bank of New Orleans 6 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Time, Place and Number Correlations (Ruby, Ferrie, Oswald and Shaw) 5 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Material 4 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Material 3 of 17

| Jim Garrison file Old Wine In New Bottles 2 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Material 1 of 17
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Material
 | Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous Material re: Assassination. Includes Newspaper Clippings, Photographs, Reports, and Memoranda
 | Jim Garrison file Notes And Fragments For Manuscript, "The Warrior Chieftans"
 | Jim Garrison file Smith Case - Loose Matter
 | Jim Garrison file Early Script For Movie JFK
 | Jim Garrison file Duncan Patterson
 | Jim Garrison file Donald P. Norton
 | Jim Garrison file Marlene Mancuso
 | Jim Garrison file Kerry Thornley
 | Jim Garrison file Shaw 3
 | Jim Garrison file Richard E. Giesbrecht
 | Jim Garrison file New KT Leads
 | Jim Garrison file Newcomb/Adams Manuscript
 | Jim Garrison file George Senator
 | Jim Garrison file Commission Documents (Fensterwald Collation)
 | Jim Garrison file Amos Heacock
 | Jim Garrison file Gordon Novel
 | Jim Garrison file J. G.
 | Jim Garrison file G-2001 Jim Garrison Assassination File
 | Jim Garrison file G-1465 1975 I. R. S.
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous Reports and Memoranda re: Assassination Investigation
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison Miscellaneous
 | Jim Garrison file Garrison and Alcock
 | Jim Garrison file Jack Frazier - Rider Coffee House
 | Jim Garrison file David Ferrie
 | Jim Garrison file Earl Wallas Edwards
 | Jim Garrison file Dr. Stanley L. Drennan
 | Jim Garrison file Dealey Plaza
 | Jim Garrison file Current Material
 | Jim Garrison file Miscellaneous News Clips
 | Jim Garrison file Raymond Cummings
 | Jim Garrison file Crusade to Free Cuba
 | Jim Garrison file Fred Lee Crisman
 | Jim Garrison file Court Papers
 | Jim Garrison file Conspiracy To Kill JFK -- Its Meaning
 | Jim Garrison file Committee To Investigate Assassinations, Inc.
 | Jim Garrison file Clinton Witnesses
 | Jim Garrison file Rose Cheramie
 | Jim Garrison file David Chandler
 | Jim Garrison file New Dalzell File
 | Jim Garrison file Central Intelligence Agency
 | Jim Garrison file Employees Of Guy Bannister
 | Jim Garrison file Unknown/Misfiled
 | Jim Garrison file General Charles P. Cabell
 | Jim Garrison file Julien Buznedo
 | Jim Garrison file Broshears# 1234
 | Jim Garrison file Reverend Raymond Broshears
 | Jim Garrison file Eugene Hall Brading
 | Jim Garrison file Philip Boatright
 | Jim Garrison file T. E. Beckham
 | Jim Garrison file Guy Bannister
 | Jim Garrison file Sergio Arcacha
 | Jim Garrison file Dean Andrews

Some additional JFK-related files:

FBI file JFK Assassination | 32,000 pages added
 FBI file Lee Harvey Oswald | Mexico City
 FBI file Warren Commission  (8379pp)
 FBI file George DeMohrenschildt

Weisberg Collection on the JFK Assassination:   https://archive.org/details/nationalsecurityarchive-weisberg?sort=titleSorter

Dallas PD Documents on JFK Assassination:       https://archive.org/details/dallas-pd-jfk-documents?sort=titleSorter

Edwin A. Walker Collection:                                     https://archive.org/details/edwinwalkercollection?sort=titleSorter         

Edited by Ernie Lazar

JOHN VINCENT MARTINO (a John Birch Society speaker in Miami area)

Some new info:

On 11/29/63, the FBI's Miami field office interviewed Martino regarding his claim that Lee Harvey Oswald had been in Cuba.  Toward the end of his life, Martino admitted that this assertion regarding LHO was a fabrication.

Today, I received some additional FBI/CIA documents pertaining to Martino.   

1.  In 1969 Martino was employed by a Florida company that was selling lots in Guatemala (for $2500 - $15,000 per lot) through a subsidiary named ONCA.  The parent company was Lauderdale-Naples Turnpike Acres. Inc. of Miami.

2.  ONCA was not registered with Tax or Revenue offices of Guatemala nor with other government agencies that were required to give permission to carry on this type of business.  Furthermore, Martino never obtained permission to work in Guatemala nor was ONCA ever granted permission from the Bank of Guatemala to transmit funds outside the country.

3.  Martino died in August 1975.  The FBI's office in Mexico City sent a teletype to FBI HQ about Martino which stated:

“Subject reportedly attempting to swindle thousands of dollars by offering beans and rice to a Guatemalan government firm, was given front money and absconded with it.” [HQ 163-24877, #3; 10/29/76 teletype from FBI-Mexico City to FBI HQ. FBI-Mexico City file 163-5158.]

2 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

JOHN VINCENT MARTINO (a John Birch Society speaker in Miami area)

Some new info:

On 11/29/63, the FBI's Miami field office interviewed Martino regarding his claim that Lee Harvey Oswald had been in Cuba.  Toward the end of his life, Martino admitted that this assertion regarding LHO was a fabrication.

Today, I received some additional FBI/CIA documents pertaining to Martino.   

1.  In 1969 Martino was employed by a Florida company that was selling lots in Guatemala (for $2500 - $15,000 per lot) through a subsidiary named ONCA.  The parent company was Lauderdale-Naples Turnpike Acres. Inc. of Miami.

2.  ONCA was not registered with Tax or Revenue offices of Guatemala nor with other government agencies that were required to give permission to carry on this type of business.  Furthermore, Martino never obtained permission to work in Guatemala nor was ONCA ever granted permission from the Bank of Guatemala to transmit funds outside the country.

3.  Martino died in August 1975.  The FBI's office in Mexico City sent a teletype to FBI HQ about Martino which stated:

“Subject reportedly attempting to swindle thousands of dollars by offering beans and rice to a Guatemalan government firm, was given front money and absconded with it.” [HQ 163-24877, #3; 10/29/76 teletype from FBI-Mexico City to FBI HQ. FBI-Mexico City file 163-5158.]

Ernie,

Larry Hancock, longtime member of this FORUM, makes Johnny Martino into one of the central characters of his popular CT literature, for example, Someone Would Have Talked (2010).

Johnny Martino's son told Larry Hancock that his father claimed to have been involved in the JFK assassination.  Others involved were Mafia figure Johnny Roselli, Gerry Patrick Hemming and Bay of Pigs veteran Frank Sturgis.

The latter two are also figures named by Jeff Caufield in his recent book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

I find it interesting that Johnny Martino was also a speech-maker for national chapters of the John Birch Society (like Loran Hall was, unofficially, as Hall would attempt to raise funds by telling of his experiences fighting against Fidel Castro in Cuba, and his time in a Cuban jail.).   Martino told Birchers his own tales about his experiences in the war against Fidel Castro in such fund-raisers.

Even though the FBI investigated John Martino for land swindling -- more interesting, IMHO -- is Larry Hancock's investigation of John Martino in the context of the JFK assassination.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo