The Education Forum

New Book!

THIS IS THE SUMMARY OF ALL HARRY DEAN CONTACTS WITH THE FBI -- TAKEN FROM HIS LOS ANGELES FBI FILE -- WHICH HAS BEEN ON MY HARRY DEAN WEBPAGE FOR A VERY LONG TIME.  HOPEFULLY PAUL TREJO WILL STOP LYING ABOUT THIS:

SECTION 6 = SUMMARY OF HARRY'S CONTACTS WITH FBI        

HARRY’S CONTACTS WITH FBI

M=mail      P=phone     IP= in person

Contact Date

Type of Contact

Comment

HQ, LAX serial #

1960-August

P

Dean phoned Chicago FBI from Whiting, Indiana to report he had been elected Secretary of FPCC and he gave info to FBI re: FPCC leadership.  FBI-Indianapolis then conducted background check on Harry in September 1960

LAX-3

LAX-8

1960-December

P

Dean phoned FBI-Chicago to report he had been residing in Detroit for two months but had returned to Chicago. Harry refused to provide his Chicago address.

LAX-3

1961-June 7

IP

Two FBI-Chicago Agents told Harry that the Chicago office “did not desire his assistance” per Chicago field memo dated 9/19/62

LAX-3

1962-August 21

P

Dean contacted FBI SA McCauley and reported that he had been an FBI informant for Chicago field office re: FPCC.

Dean told Agent McCauley “that largely because his wife had become very upset over his activities on behalf of the FBI, he had discontinued his informant activities and had come to the Los Angeles area about one year ago, and is now employed as a plasterer operating out of the Union Office on Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles.”

He added that he has, since his arrival in Los Angeles, had casual contact with Edgar and Marjorie Swabeck, whom he had previously known in the Chicago area, and from them has learned that Marjorie Swabeck is secretary of the Los Angeles chapter of FPCC at the present time.  He said that he otherwise has taken no particular interest in the FPCC, and that while he himself is personally not averse to resuming informant activities in behalf of the FBI, he hesitates to do so because of his wife’s feeling in the matter.”

LAX-2

1963-November 19

M

Dean’s letter to J. Edgar Hoover acknowledges his past “mistakes I had made in my younger days” which he described as “my shady character”.  Harry told Hoover that FBI Agents in Chicago “were my kind of people” and “patriots” who were “dedicated to the same principles as are we.” but they told Harry that “I could no longer continue as an undercover agent”because “I was finished by reason of their findings concerning my past...”

Harry asked Hoover for assistance “with the hope of being cleared” because his name appeared as an officer of “the red front” in a U.S. Senate Subcommittee Report on the FPCC.

LAX-6

HQ-1

1963-December 10

IP

Two FBI-Los Angeles Agents contacted Dean at his residence (18109, Atina Drive, La Puente CA) per instructions from FBI HQ.  During this contact, Dean produced a receipt showing that he joined FPCC-Chicago on 7/28/60 and he was also a member of J26M from 1958 forward. 

Dean mentioned his trip to Cuba in June 1960 and that he joined FPCC upon his return to Chicago at the instigation of Juan del Rosario and Joaquin Freire.  Dean acknowledged to the Agents that his association with FPCC and J26M was initiated and continued on his own volition and he recognized that he was never an undercover agent for the FBI nor authorized to represent or act for the FBI in any capacity.  Dean was informed that the FBI did not issue clearances.

Dean gave the FBI-Los Angeles Agents 16 items of “correspondence and literature concerning his past activities”

LAX-10

LAX-11

LAX-16

1964-March 13

P?

Harry was re-contacted by FBI-Los Angeles concerning his June 1960 trip to Cuba and, in particular, Harry was asked about Frank Vega.  During this conversation, Harry told the FBI-Los Angeles Agents “that he cannot be positive now, but that he believed VEGA identified himself in effect as an officer of the Cuban G-2.”

Harry also mentioned that when he visited Edgar Swabeck in either Chicago or Los Angeles in the fall of 1961, he “observed a letter from Vega bearing his name and return address in New York City.”

LAX-16

1964-October 3

M

Harry sent typed letter in envelope addressed to “Chief Agent, FBI, 1340 W. Sixth Street, Los Angeles” in which he stated that he met Special Agent Ferd Rapp “in late September 1964…after receiving a telephone call the previous day…”

Harry stated that the meeting with Rapp was in Covina CA near the Huddle restaurant and the purpose of that meeting was for Harry to identify a photo of a possible Cuban G-2 agent“whom I met in Havana in 1960…”

Harry declared that “In 1962, I gave a report to your office approximately two months before several Castro Cubans were to do extensive espionage damage in the U.S.  New York was the area as it happened later.  I gave this report by phone using the name “status quo” to avoid future difficulty.”

The Los Angeles Agent in charge of Cuban matters in southern California [William J. McCauley] hand-wrote the following comment on Harry’s letter:  “Is this fellow a mental case somewhere? No acknowledgement needed.”

LAX-19

1964-November 19

P?

Special Agent Ferd Rapp stated that Harry “was interviewed at his request and in response to his telephone call to the Los Angeles office.”

Harry told Rapp that he read the Warren Report’s comments about Oswald’s “alleged association with various Mexican or Cuban individuals”.  Specifically, Harry mentioned testimony by Sylvia Odio re: Lawrence Howard and Loran Eugene Hall. 

Harry told Rapp that he had met Hall (Monterey Park CA) and had heard him make an anti-Castro speech in Covina CA in September 1963. Harry also met Lawrence Hall Jr. (Pico Rivera CA) about this time but Harry stated he “had no contact with either of these persons since the time of the assassination” and he has not heard “either of them make any anti-Kennedy statements.”

Harry stated that it “was interesting to speculate that it might have been Oswald actually with these two men in Dallas” and that “both Hall and Howard who are anti-Castro leaders of the Cuban underground, actually wanted President Kennedy removed from the scene because of the failure of the 1960 Cuban invasion.” 

Harry told Rapp that “in his opinion Hall and Howard would be capable of entering into conspiracy with Oswald to commit the assassination” and the FBI might want to check out that possibility.

LAX-23

1964-November 21

P

Los Angeles Special Agent John P. Andrews answered phone call from Harry at 5:40pm during which Harry claimed past assistance to government re: Cuban matters. Agent Andrews characterized Harry’s call as“incoherent”. 

Harry stated that Guy Galbadon had called Harry to state that Larry Howard “would kill Lorenzo Hall, if and when he can locate him. Dean did not want to repeat previous info furnished. He also claims own life may be in jeopardy, details not furnished.”  The “Action Recommended” notation on FBI contact form is “File”

LAX-20

1964-November 30

P

Harry phoned Los Angeles FBI office and spoke with Agent Thomas F. Gearty. 

Harry wanted to know if the Los Angeles office was “still investigating Larry Howard, Hall or Edgar Swabeck.  Said he furnished information to the FBI in Chicago and Los Angeles.” 

Harry observed that he was “worried that these people would find out he had been furnishing information to the Federal Government and then he would be in trouble…He mentioned that he had talked to SA Rapp in the past.”  Agent Gearty marked his memo re: Harry’s call: “Above furnished for information only.”

LAX-21

1964-December 5

M

Harry sent letter to FBI-Los Angeles regarding his conversation with Larry Howard. Harry referred to Warren Commission report comments re: Loran Hall, Lawrence Howard, William Seymour, and Sylvia Odio.  Harry also mentioned his “association with J.U.R.E. in Los Angeles”.

Harry described “my coincidental association with Hall, and Howard, as I first reported to Agent Rapp near two weeks past.”

LAX-22

1964-December 10

M

Harry sent letter to “The Director, The Joe Pyne Show, Channel 11 KTTV, Hollywood 28 Calif.” - a copy of which was given to FBI Agent Richard G. Douce by Pyne program Executive Producer Bob Hayward

In his letter, Harry summarized details about his background which he had discussed over the phone with the Pyne program Director that same day. 

Among the activities listed by Harry were his assistance to “Castro Cubans in Chicago Illinois, with money, arms, late 1957” and in 1959 more help with money and then joined meetings of J26M and met with Cuban counsel in Chicago.  In 1960, Harry engaged in more activities and Harry said the J26M asked him to visit Cuba.

When he returned to U.S. from Cuba he was “soon recruited into Fair Play For Cuba Committee beginning to organize in Chicago” and he was“elected Secretary at second meeting because I was such a loud supporter of Castro.” 

During his FPCC work, he was “assigned propaganda work” but he soon became “disillusioned” and he“ask Fedral (sic) Bureau re some of these people. They ask if I would pass info to them after discution (sic), was happy to do so were (sic) FPCC was concerned, then found many Cuban friends like and took orders from local Communists, I turned against them but stayed on onside to gain info. on all activities, was successful, as later hearings show by U.S. Senate Sub-Committee of 1961 June.”

Harry also stated that he moved to Detroit and “joined newly forming FPCC, got lowdown on them, gave to Fed” and “FBI said best one man undercover informate (sic) job seen, was great reward to me, to work against enemies of America.”

LAX-24

1965-March 30

P

Harry called FBI-Los Angeles and spoke with Special Agent L.R. Brandon at 7:35pm.  Harry told Brandon about being “cooperative with the FBI in Chicago when he was a member of the Committee for Fair Play in Cuba a few years ago.  He stated that he fingered the group involved with this group and then sort of sneaked out of Chicago and came to Los Angeles.”

Then Harry mentioned someone who contacted him (Roland Barrio of El Monte CA) whom Harry stated was interested in obtaining arms for “JURE forces who are interested in overthrowing Castro in Cuba.”  Harry “stated that he became connected with Barrio’s group…and had made some contacts for this group to help them obtain arms for JURE.”

Harry expressed his “suspicion that Barrio’s group is, contrary to what they profess, collecting arms for Castro’s forces to use here in the U.S.”

LAX-29

1965-March 31

L

Harry sent a letter addressed to “Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation” in Los Angeles (but not addressed to any specific person) in which he stated that “By October 1963, I learned via the Warren Report that J.U.R.E. had been both directly and indirectly involved before and after the assassination of President Kennedy.  As I have previously reported some of these people were known to me prior to the assassination.  They were Lawrence Howard, and Loran Eugene Hall, also others.  My association with them was in respect to anti-Castro efforts.”

Harry then mentioned a recent weapons seizure in the City of Industry CA which reportedly had JURE connections but Harry told the FBI that the JURE persons “with whom I dealt from Jan. 64 are not the same people as those involved in the Industry arms sizure (sic) altho it is stated the arms being made in Industry are for JURE via the Costa Rican gov.”

Harry declared that his JURE associates “are Castro people to do revolucionary work in the U.S. when the time is right” and Harry referred to his previous report, “first given to your office about one month ago via phone to an Agent on night duty…”

LAX-30

1965-April 3

P

Harry called the L.A. FBI office and spoke to Agent J. Flynn Jr.  The contact form reports that Harry “advised in a recent call to office he furnished info re Eddie Martinez. He has remembered that Martinez once asked him if he thought he could get weapons through the ‘Minutemen’. Also thought Martinez was trying to determine if he knew anything about that outfit.”

Flynn hand-wrote on contact form: “File for record of call.”

LAX-31

1965-May 2

P

Harry called FBI-Los Angeles and spoke with Agent Jerry Moore at 3:30pm regarding the organization La Union Democratica Dominica and J. Gil Rosario and Dr. Francisco Genoo.

Harry stated that he tried to contact Agent Ferd Rapp in Ontario CA but his office was closed.  Harry advised that he “reviewed his records pertaining to the above captioned organization and the two captioned individuals were members of it.”  Harry recalled that Juan del Rosario and Dr. Genoo were good friends and they attended a J26M meeting in Chicago on 6/1/61.

LAX-33

1965-May 3

IP / M

FBI employee Gerald A. Boswell created a contact form to report that Harry dropped off a letter to the FBI-Los Angeles office. 

Harry’s letter was captioned “Note to Federal Bureau of Investigation” which he dated April 1, 1965 but he did not mail it.  Instead he brought it into FBI-Los Angeles office on May 3, 1965.

In his April 1st letter, Harry again discusses his suspicions regarding “former associates in the organization JURE” because he believed that “they were not in fact anti-Castro but rather pro-Communist, in some things they said and the way they operated, etc.”  In his letter, Harry mentions Rolando Barrio and Eddy Martinez and Harry discusses his “guess” regarding the true intentions or objectives of Martinez.  Harry also mentions two Dominicans (J. Gil Rosario and Dr. Fco. Genoo) one of whom (Genoo) he remembered from Chicago when he was a member of FPCC and J26M.

LAX-32

1965-May 10

P

Harry phoned the Los Angeles office “collect” and spoke to Agent Philip S. Andrist at 10:05am.

Harry told Agent Andrist that he had previously communicated with the FBI in Los Angeles concerning JURE and he pointed out that while he lived in Chicago he affiliated himself with the J26M.  Harry stated that upon moving to Los Angeles, “he associated with JURE in late 1964” and that he had been “approached to purchase guns”and other weapons.  Harry stated that “he discontinued his association with these groups as he felt they were pro-Castro rather than anti-Castro.”

LAX-34

1966-November 22

P

Harry called the FBI-Los Angeles office and spoke with Agent Philip J. Reilly.

Harry “opened the conversation by stating that he has been a member of the FPCC in 1960-1961 and later turned against the communist leadership in this movement and became actively engaged in anti-Castro organizational activity.  He implied that he had been informant of the Chicago office of the FBI in supplying information regarding the activities of the FPCC.  Dean said he knew Larry Howard and Lorenzo Hall in the FPCC and indicated that Howard and Hall had traveled in Cuba with Lee Harvey Oswald…”

Dean was rambling and disconnected in his narration and when asked for purpose of his call, he stated that he wanted to ‘clear his name’ and clarify his status with regard to his name being mentioned in the U.S. Senate Committee on the FPCC.”

Dean was told that if he wished, an Agent familiar with these matters would contact him…”

“A subsequent review of subject file on Harry Dean reflects that he has been interviewed by this Bureau on several occasions and has been advised that his false claim of having served as an informant of the FBI must be stopped.”

LAX-55

1966-December 6

IP

Special Agents William J. McCauley and Henry J. Platt went to Harry’s home at 2013 S. 7th St, Alhambra CA in response to Harry’s 11/25/66 phone call with Agent Phillip J. Reilly.

Harry was “asked what it was that he wanted to explain to the FBI” and “he told SA’s Pratt and McCauley that his name appears in a report of the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee on the FPCC and that he wanted it made clear for the benefit of his children’s futures…that he is not a ‘red’ as the report would suggest but is in fact anti-communist. He added that he has already explained this to Senator Eastland through correspondence but that no publicity was given the fact he had been in contact with FBI…He said that in short he wanted to ‘get off the hook’.”

He was told that he was not ‘on the hook’ so far as the U.S. Government is concerned,  He added that in his effort to ‘clear his name’ he has been in contact with Knott (of Knott’s Berry Farm) foundation, but that it didn’t seem to have solved his problem.  It was explained to him that the consequences of his activities, whether or not the opposite of what he intended, were of no interest to the U.S. Government.  He said that he now understood that, and that he might have been better off if he himself had forgotten the past and done nothing tending to revive it. Dean failed to mention the Oswald matter, and it was not brought up by the SA’s interviewing him.”

LAX-57

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/24/2017 at 2:48 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Grain of salt, Ernie.   Everybody understands what I was getting at -- except you, evidently, because you strain the gnat but swallow the camel.

The point is that Harry Dean was not paid by the FBI in any official capacity.  Any reader can understand that.

It's not a lie.  It's the simple truth.

Harry Dean -- in his own interpretation -- provided "information" to the FBI from 1961-1963.  The FBI has records of this, as you well know.  But it was always volunteer.  Why can't you just admit this plain truth?

Furthermore, the fact remains that Harry Dean really was -- in the real world -- an organizer for Fidel Castro's FPCC in Chicago.  The US Government knew about this.  It is part of the Congressional Record. 

But Harry Dean didn't remain in that capacity.  He continued to secretly gather data on the FPCC for the FBI, and provided them (freely, on a volunteer basis) lots of information.  The FBI has records of this historical fact, as you well know.

It is on the basis of Harry Dean's patriotic and brave gathering of UNPAID information to the FBI that Harry Dean has the moral standing to proclaim that he also saw and heard Ex-General Edwin Walker at a John Birch Society meeting in September 1963, announce his intentions to assassinate JFK, and to use Lee Harvey Oswald (the alleged FPCC officer) to take the fall.

You don't believe Harry Dean.

I have no reason to doubt Harry Dean.  You knit-pick on the word "informant" to try to make Harry Dean out to be a xxxx (and me to be some credulous dupe).  But your nit-picking misses the truth by a country mile.

Harry Dean's eye-witness account of events at that John Birch Society meeting is a living confirmation of the revolutionary new book by Jeffrey Caufield, namely, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Nobody can say that that they are well-read on the topic of the JFK assassination if they have neglected this important new book.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul - WHOM should we believe?  YOU or Harry's own words?

Harry made a comment in message dated August 28, 2005 (page 7, Harry Dean Memoirs thread) which declared that he was paid "expenses" for "reporting to U.S. intelligence".  Harry's exact words shown below (with no corrections to spelling or grammar or syntax).

It was while yet remaing within the pro-Castro camp that I was betraying them to U.S. Intelligence, it was sad to turn from what I once considered a great humanitarian cause, but there are no regrets. What and how was I paid for reporting to U.S. Intelligence. Expenses . Wisely or not, I had joined this new patriotic cause."

ALSO:  see House Select Committee on Assassinations document 180-10105-10298 which is an interview of Harry by HSCA investigator Kenneth Klein which resulted in a 5/23/77 memo from Klein to Robert K. Tannenbaum.  In 1977, Harry declared during his interview with Klein that:

"All he received was expenses and he was always paid in cash."    

FBI protocols required that ALL monies be accounted for -- even small amounts required that the recipient sign a receipt AND there were mandatory field office reports which summarized what monies were paid and for what purposes.  THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION WHATSOEVER TO CONFIRM HARRY'S CLAIM THAT HE WAS PAID "EXPENSES" so we can conclude that Harry is lying.

NARA HAS RELEASED THE FIRST BATCH OF PREVIOUSLY WITHHELD JFK DOCUMENTS

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

DESCRIPTION FROM BOSTON GLOBE ARTICLE:

The assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963 shook the nation — and spawned questions and conspiracy theories that have lingered through the decades.

Now, a group of documents released online from the National Archives will allow the public to gain a firsthand look into the investigation.

The vast majority of the 3,810 documents are FBI and CIA records. The release includes 441 documents previously fully withheld and 3,369 documents previously released with portions redacted. (In some cases, only the newly unredacted pages are being released.)

The Archives also released 17 audio files of interviews with Yuri Nosenko, a KGB officer who defected to the United States in January 1964. Nosenko claimed to have been the officer in charge of the KGB file on the man who would later assassinate Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, when Oswald went to the Soviet Union in September 1959.

The interviews, translated from Russian and transcribed into hundreds of pages of text, reveal an agency deeply skeptical of Nosenko.

“Nosenko came forward to essentially clear the Soviet Union of any involvement in the assassination,” said Philip Shenon, a historian and author of “A Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy Assassination.”

“A lot of people at the time thought he might not be telling the truth,” Shenon said.

Questions of Nosenko’s credibility were settled long ago when the FBI exonerated the former KGB agent, Shenon said. The bigger mystery still surrounding the Kennedy assassination — and potentially solved by the release of these documents, he said — concerns a trip to Mexico City that Oswald took just before the assassination.

“Nobody has really ever gotten to the bottom of what went on there,” Shenon said.

At least a few of the newly released documents discuss the trip. But fully answering decades-old questions will take some time, Shenon said.

Monday’s release of documents is the first of several expected releases under the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Act of 1992, which called for all records of the assassination in the Archives to be publicly disclosed after 25 years.

The sheer volume of documents to be released before October makes it challenging to search through for what Shenon called “interesting or potentially explosive information.”

The Archives set up the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection in November 1992. It includes approximately 5 million pages of records. Eighty-eight percent of the collection has already been publicly available since the late 1990s, according to the Archives.

The records release law, enacted in response to a thirst from the public for transparency about the investigation, set up five categories of information that could be withheld from release and a board to review whether agencies were justified in postponing the release of records.

Part of the mystery of the assassination has been that Oswald’s exact motives were never determined. He was killed two days after the assassination by a Dallas nightclub owner.

His stay in the Soviet Union,which ended in 1962, raised questions about whether he was a Soviet spy. But Norman Mailer, in his 1995 book, “Oswald’s Tale: An American Mystery” reported that Soviet intelligence, far from employing Oswald, was convinced he had been sent there to spy on them.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

NARA RELEASE OF DOCUMENTS

1.   Well, first of all, many of these documents are not about JFK.  They are about the murder of MLK Jr.

2.   A substantial portion concern comments made by Soviet defector Yuri Nosenko and, in fact, many of the largest files are transcripts of conversations with him.

3.   None of the "withheld in full" lists of documents mention any documents about Edwin Walker or the Birch Society or any of the other cast of characters in Caufield's book

4.   Lastly, the single most significant takeaway I see from all this "withheld in full" material that has now been released is as follows:  

It is totally absurd that this stuff was withheld for 5 decades.  A major portion consists of public source material (newspaper and magazine articles) or correspondence pertaining to FOIA requests by Harold Weisberg etc.

It is just another argument for making it a criminal offense to allow government bureaucrats to use their discretion to keep information secret about controversial historical events.   Our laws should be changed to make release of ALL government documents mandatory no later than 5 years after they are created -- and the only exemptions permitted should be genuinely top secret information that, if released, would put our intelligence sources and methods in jeopardy or information which, if released, would cause serious harm to our military plans and assets.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Ernie Lazar said:

THIS IS THE SUMMARY OF ALL HARRY DEAN CONTACTS WITH THE FBI -- TAKEN FROM HIS LOS ANGELES FBI FILE -- WHICH HAS BEEN ON MY HARRY DEAN WEBPAGE FOR A VERY LONG TIME.  HOPEFULLY PAUL TREJO WILL STOP LYING ABOUT THIS:

SECTION 6 = SUMMARY OF HARRY'S CONTACTS WITH FBI        

<snip>

Ernie,

Don't look now, but you've just confirmed my point -- that Harry Dean had MANY, MANY contacts with the FBI from 1960-1966.

Next, with these latest, 2017 releases from NARA about the JFK assassination (pursuant to the JFK Records Act of 1992) we shall finally begin to get at the truth of the matter.

The place to start looking -- going by the writings of this "new book" by Dr. Jeff Caufield, namely, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015) -- will be NARA disclosures about Lee Harvey Oswald's connections in New Orleans, where he pretended to be an FPCC officer.

This was the substance of Harry Dean's contribution to the rogue John Birch Society meeting with General Walker in Southern California in September, 1963.  General Walker announced that Oswald would be made into the patsy in his plot to kill JFK.   Harry told the group there that he himself had been an officer of the FPCC (which is an established fact) and that he could confirm to the group that the FPCC was Communist-connected, and was armed and dangerous.  

The JBS group gathered there, says Harry Dean, and a good laugh about "a Communist being sent to kill a Communist." 

What we know as historical fact is that: (1) Harry Dean was indeed an officer of the FPCC in 1960-1961; and (2) Harry Dean went behind the backs of the FPCC to tell the FBI everything he knew about the FPCC.

This is proven, without any doubt, in actual FBI records.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Ernie:

Will you be posting this new JFK stuff on your site?

10 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

Don't look now, but you've just confirmed my point -- that Harry Dean had MANY, MANY contacts with the FBI from 1960-1966.

Next, with these latest, 2017 releases from NARA about the JFK assassination (pursuant to the JFK Records Act of 1992) we shall finally begin to get at the truth of the matter.

The place to start looking -- going by the writings of this "new book" by Dr. Jeff Caufield, namely, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015) -- will be NARA disclosures about Lee Harvey Oswald's connections in New Orleans, where he pretended to be an FPCC officer.

This was the substance of Harry Dean's contribution to the rogue John Birch Society meeting with General Walker in Southern California in September, 1963.  General Walker announced that Oswald would be made into the patsy in his plot to kill JFK.   Harry told the group there that he himself had been an officer of the FPCC (which is an established fact) and that he could confirm to the group that the FPCC was Communist-connected, and was armed and dangerous.  

The JBS group gathered there, says Harry Dean, and a good laugh about "a Communist being sent to kill a Communist." 

What we know as historical fact is that: (1) Harry Dean was indeed an officer of the FPCC in 1960-1961; and (2) Harry Dean went behind the backs of the FPCC to tell the FBI everything he knew about the FPCC.

This is proven, without any doubt, in actual FBI records.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Your "point" is not what has been disputed.  What WAS disputed is your deliberate previous misrepresentations of what I have stated for years.

What you have never understood continues to remain what you do not understand.   Briefly:

1.  HARRY initiated his "contacts" with the FBI whenever HE decided that HE wanted to share something.  Harry was never "recruited by" anyone or encouraged by anyone at the FBI (or any other "intelligence agency".)  He was nothing more than an ordinary person who occasionally volunteered unsolicited information which is why all his contacts were with different FBI employees.

2.  More significantly, Harry always thought he had to remind each FBI employee about who he was for an obvious reason, i.e. he had no unique relationship with anybody at the FBI.  Even when he sent letters to the FBI, he did not address his letters to any specific person because he had no relationship with the FBI.

3.  Usually, Harry's contacts with the FBI were just recorded for filing purposes -- not because he provided any information of genuine value or interest to the FBI.  The "information" Harry provided was not even channeled into their normal FBI subject files (with one or two minor exceptions)

4.  Lastly -- Harry did not mention ONE WORD in any of his contacts with the FBI about the Birch Society, or Edwin Walker, or Guy Galbadon, or about any "JBS plot" nor did he even mention his supposed buddy and confidant Wesley Grapp.  He did not even address any letter to Grapp or to any specific FBI employee.  [A year AFTER Harry supposedly had been in contact with Grapp, he still addressed a letter to "Chief Agent, FBI" -- instead of to Grapp personally OR to Grapp's actual title (SAC = Special Agent in Charge.]

Your other "points" remain as silly as before:

1.  We have no proof that the "meeting with General Walker" you refer to actually occurred.  In fact, we do not even have any proof that Walker was in southern California at that time.

2.   We have no specific idea what Harry did during his time as "an officer" in the FPCC (which you state was during 1960-1961).  For all we know, all he did was briefly paper-shuffling.

3.   Harry's information re: FPCC was not especially noteworthy.  In fact, the reason the FBI was able to confirm that Harry was in the FPCC is because an FBI informant told them.  We also know that the FBI had at least 4 informants inside the FPCC before Harry contacted the FBI (one of those "informants" might have been a reference to an electronic device).  This explains why the Chicago FBI was so quick to dismiss Harry in June 1961 and tell him that his assistance was not required.

4.  Your "historical facts" are about as compelling as you opening a phone book and randomly pointing to 3 or 4 names and then telling us that your random name choices have cosmic importance and significance to our history.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, Ernie Lazar said:

What you have never understood continues to remain what you do not understand.   Briefly:

1.  HARRY initiated his "contacts" with the FBI whenever HE decided that HE wanted to share something.  Harry was never "recruited by" anyone or encouraged by anyone at the FBI (or any other "intelligence agency".)  He was nothing more than an ordinary person who occasionally volunteered unsolicited information which is why all his contacts were with different FBI employees.

2.  More significantly, Harry always thought he had to remind each FBI employee about who he was for an obvious reason, i.e. he had no unique relationship with anybody at the FBI.  Even when he sent letters to the FBI, he did not address his letters to any specific person because he had no relationship with the FBI.

3.  Usually, Harry's contacts with the FBI were just recorded for filing purposes -- not because he provided any information of genuine value or interest to the FBI.  The "information" Harry provided was not even channeled into their normal FBI subject files (with one or two minor exceptions)

4.  Lastly -- Harry did not mention ONE WORD in any of his contacts with the FBI about the Birch Society, or Edwin Walker, or Guy Galbadon, or about any "JBS plot" nor did he even mention his supposed buddy and confidant Wesley Grapp.  He did not even address any letter to Grapp or to any specific FBI employee.  [A year AFTER Harry supposedly had been in contact with Grapp, he still addressed a letter to "Chief Agent, FBI" -- instead of to Grapp personally OR to Grapp's actual title (SAC = Special Agent in Charge.]

Your other "points" remain as silly as before:

1.  We have no proof that the "meeting with General Walker" you refer to actually occurred.  In fact, we do not even have any proof that Walker was in southern California at that time.

2.   We have no specific idea what Harry did during his time as "an officer" in the FPCC (which you state was during 1960-1961).  For all we know, all he did was briefly paper-shuffling.

3.   Harry's information re: FPCC was not especially noteworthy.  In fact, the reason the FBI was able to confirm that Harry was in the FPCC is because an FBI informant told them.  We also know that the FBI had at least 4 informants inside the FPCC before Harry contacted the FBI (one of those "informants" might have been a reference to an electronic device).  This explains why the Chicago FBI was so quick to dismiss Harry in June 1961 and tell him that his assistance was not required.

4.  Your "historical facts" are about as compelling as you opening a phone book and randomly pointing to 3 or 4 names and then telling us that your random name choices have cosmic importance and significance to our history.

Ernie,

I'll answer by the numbers:

1.1.   I agree that Harry Dean alone decided when he would contact the FBI, and what he would tell the FBI, and why.  I agree that Harry was never "recruited" by the FBI.  I agree that Harry was never more than an ordinary citizen who decided to tell the FBI what he saw.  Because of this, Harry usually spoke with different FBI employees.   We agree so far. 

1.2.  I agree that because of the facts agreed upon above, that Harry had to fill-in-the-blanks for each new FBI employee to whom he volunteered information.   I agree that this situation extended to his letter-writing to the FBI -- Harry had no single point of contact from 1961-1963.   We agree so far. 

1.3.  I agree that most of Harry's information to the FBI was filed as a matter of routine -- and not because he was an official and paid FBI Informant.  Some of Harry's information was channeled into normal FBI subject files, and some of it was not.  We agree so far. 

1.4.  I disagree, however, about your claims to know the contents of every FBI record about Harry Dean.  You claim, Ernie, that Harry never mentioned the JBS, or Ex-General Walker, or Guy Gabaldon -- but you have no proof.  You haven't seen all of the FBI files.   That is where we disagree sharply.   As for Harry's alleged connections with FBI SAC Grapp, I will continue to give Harry Dean the benefit of the doubt.   Not until all of the FBI files related to Harry Dean have been released can we make empirical generalizations of the sort you are making.

2.1.   Although I agree that we are still lacking empirical data to confirm this JBS meeting with Ex-General Edwin Walker in September 1963, I will continue to give Harry Dean the benefit of the doubt.   Again, we await the release of all FBI records that mention Harry Dean and Ex-General Walker.

1.2.   Harry Dean told me that during his time as an officer of the FPCC in 1960-1961, that he mainly did fund-raising.  He had done this successfully for the 26th of July Movement for Fidel Castro, and that is why he was given this duty with the FPCC.  Although Harry Dean did nothing special for the FPCC, he was in an important position to see things, to hear things, to watch people and to tell the FBI what he saw and heard.  I believe Harry Dean on this point, because it is so realistic and plausible.

1.3.   I disagree with your claim that Harry's information about FPCC wasn't noteworthy, on the grounds that all FBI documents about Harry Dean have not yet been released.   Although the FBI did indeed dismiss Harry Dean as a volunteer informant in June, 1961, the fact remains that the FBI accepted this volunteer information from Harry Dean for several months before he was dismissed.  Also, the cause for Harry's dismissal appears to be political, i.e. somebody accused Harry Dean, exaggerating his childhood peccadillos, and making him sound unreliable.  But this was the 1960's,  so it remains possible that a double-agent was behind these attacks.

1.4.  Although these historical facts have not yet had their proper hearing, and so do not yet figure in US History text books, I continue to predict that Harry Dean will eventually be vindicated -- before the year 2017 is over.  We are only now beginning to receive the last of the 3,000+ documents still withheld by the US Government about the JFK assassination.

Dr. Jeff Caufield was correct to name Harry Dean as a person of interest in his new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

3 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

I'll answer by the numbers:

1.1.   I agree that Harry Dean alone decided when he would contact the FBI, and what he would tell the FBI, and why.  I agree that Harry was never "recruited" by the FBI.  I agree that Harry was never more than an ordinary citizen who decided to tell the FBI what he saw.  Because of this, Harry usually spoke with different FBI employees.   We agree so far. 

The problem (as usual) is that Harry REFUSES (even now) to admit publicly what you are prepared to acknowledge.

1.2.  I agree that because of the facts agreed upon above, that Harry had to fill-in-the-blanks for each new FBI employee to whom he volunteered information.   I agree that this situation extended to his letter-writing to the FBI -- Harry had no single point of contact from 1961-1963.   We agree so far. 

Again, Harry could restore some sense of personal integrity if HE publicly acknowledged what you now admit.

1.3.  I agree that most of Harry's information to the FBI was filed as a matter of routine -- and not because he was an official and paid FBI Informant.  Some of Harry's information was channeled into normal FBI subject files, and some of it was not.  We agree so far. 

Please STOP using "official" and "paid informant" in the same sentence because one has NOTHING to do with the other.  Most FBI informants and FBI confidential sources were NOT paid.

1.4.  I disagree, however, about your claims to know the contents of every FBI record about Harry Dean.  You claim, Ernie, that Harry never mentioned the JBS, or Ex-General Walker, or Guy Gabaldon -- but you have no proof.  You haven't seen all of the FBI files.   That is where we disagree sharply.   As for Harry's alleged connections with FBI SAC Grapp, I will continue to give Harry Dean the benefit of the doubt.   Not until all of the FBI files related to Harry Dean have been released can we make empirical generalizations of the sort you are making.

This is your most illogical and completely irrational argument.   And I am going to take some time to explain why.

What constitutes "proof" in your scheme of things?    PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.

(Unlike yourself) I obtained Harry's CIA file, along with Harry's Los Angeles-FBI file and Harry's HQ-FBI file.  I also have the FBI HQ main file on the JBS along with the FBI-Los Angeles field file on the JBS.  I also have other relevant FBI files on subjects YOU associate with Harry--including the personnel file of Wesley Grapp.

So......WHERE do you think that the FBI placed Harry's alleged JBS-related comments or reports -- if they do NOT appear in the above-referenced files?  

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

Every FBI informant (or confidential source) or any other reliable information source had their comments or reports channeled into multiple relevant subject files.   Sometimes (as I've told you before), a single FBI memo would be channeled into DOZENS of different files because one specific memo might contain so many personal names and subject matters that the FBI wanted all that info extensively cross-referenced into the FBI indexing system.  

HERE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU PROBABLY DO NOT KNOW.

ORIGINAL documents received or obtained by the FBI (including copies of organizational newsletters, press releases, incorporation documents, newspaper articles, magazine articles, transcripts of Congressional or state legislature testimony, court records, reports from military intelligence agencies or other government intelligence units, local and state law enforcement records, incoming correspondence from the public or from Congresspersons or cabinet officials or other governmental units etc. etc.) were extensively marked by FBI employees using many different colored pencils.

The reason why different colored pencils were used is because each pencil color was a means of alerting FBI employees regarding what should be done with whatever name or subject was highlighted by that particular pencil color.  

FOR EXAMPLE:  a name underlined in red or blue or green pencil would tell indexing employees what should be done with those names or subjects.

ALL those names/subjects were then entered into the FBI's Central Records System -- BUT here is what you probably are totally clueless about:   The FBI had 80 (yes 80!!) different indexing systems!  (See attachment to this message for a list of all FBI indexes).

Consequently, when FBI employees (including Section Chiefs, Supervisors, and even Assistant Directors) wanted to know what was contained in FBI files about ANY subject, they submitted their search request (on a standard search form) to the FBI unit at HQ or at their field office.  

THEN, the FBI employees who were responsible for researching all FBI indexing systems would find ALL references to whatever search terms were referenced on the search form (in both main files and cross-references) and they would write each of those references down on their search slip.  The search slip would show the FBI file number and serial number -- and often the date of the referenced document.  Also:  the search was literal.   For example:  if the search slip asked for a search on "Paul Trejo" -- then every reference in FBI files to ANYBODY named Paul Trejo was listed.  Searchers could also search for name variations or alternative spellings.

WITH RESPECT TO HARRY DEAN:

Both FBI HQ and FBI-Los Angeles performed a name check on Harry Dean.  There are NO references of ANY kind on Harry's search slips which indicated that he provided ANY information concerning Edwin Walker, the Birch Society, or Guy Galbadon or other subjects which YOU associate with Harry or which Harry CLAIMS (falsely) that he gave to the FBI (such as Minutemen).   That is what you don't seem able to comprehend the significance of.

2.1.   Although I agree that we are still lacking empirical data to confirm this JBS meeting with Ex-General Edwin Walker in September 1963, I will continue to give Harry Dean the benefit of the doubt.   Again, we await the release of all FBI records that mention Harry Dean and Ex-General Walker.

There is absolutely NO reason to give Harry the "benefit of any doubt" -- especially considering how often he has lied and then refused to correct the record.

1.2.   Harry Dean told me that during his time as an officer of the FPCC in 1960-1961, that he mainly did fund-raising.  He had done this successfully for the 26th of July Movement for Fidel Castro, and that is why he was given this duty with the FPCC.  Although Harry Dean did nothing special for the FPCC, he was in an important position to see things, to hear things, to watch people and to tell the FBI what he saw and heard.  I believe Harry Dean on this point, because it is so realistic and plausible.

But, again, we have NO INDEPENDENT CONFIRMATION for anything you (or Harry) claim.

1.3.   I disagree with your claim that Harry's information about FPCC wasn't noteworthy, on the grounds that all FBI documents about Harry Dean have not yet been released.   Although the FBI did indeed dismiss Harry Dean as a volunteer informant in June, 1961, the fact remains that the FBI accepted this volunteer information from Harry Dean for several months before he was dismissed.  Also, the cause for Harry's dismissal appears to be political, i.e. somebody accused Harry Dean, exaggerating his childhood peccadillos, and making him sound unreliable.  But this was the 1960's,  so it remains possible that a double-agent was behind these attacks.

Your first sentence is patently ridiculous.  His FBI and CIA files HAVE been released -- as have the search slips which reference everything in FBI files.  Furthermore, Harry's dismissal was not "political".  Another fabrication by you.

1.4.  Although these historical facts have not yet had their proper hearing, and so do not yet figure in US History text books, I continue to predict that Harry Dean will eventually be vindicated -- before the year 2017 is over.  We are only now beginning to receive the last of the 3,000+ documents still withheld by the US Government about the JFK assassination.

Dr. Jeff Caufield was correct to name Harry Dean as a person of interest in his new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

MY REPLIES ARE UNDERNEATH YOUR COMMENTS in colored font

Edited by Ernie Lazar

12 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

MY REPLIES ARE UNDERNEATH YOUR COMMENTS in colored font

LIST OF FBI INDEXING SYSTEMS    [Note:  Some older indexes are not listed here -- such as "Reserve Index"]

1) Administrative Index (ADEX). Consists of cards with descriptive data on individuals who were subject to investigation in a national emergency because they were believed to constitute a potential or active threat to the internal security of the United States. When ADEX was started in 1971, it was made up of people who were formerly on the Security Index, Reserve Index, and Agitator Index. This index is maintained in two separate locations in FBI Headquarters. ADEX was discontinued in January 1978. This list is inactive at FBI Headquarters and 29 Field Offices. 
2) Anonymous Letter File. Consists of photographs of anonymous communications and extortionate credit transactions, kidnapping, extortion and threatening letters. It is active at FBI Headquarters. 
3) Associates of DEA Class I Narcotics Violators Listing. Consists of a computer listing of individuals whom DEA has identified as associates of Class I Narcotics Violators. It is active at FBI Headquarters and 56 Field Offices. 
4) Background Investigation Index--Department of Justice. Consists of cards on persons who have been the subject of a full field investigation in connection with their consideration of employment in sensitive positions with Department of Justice, such as U.S. Attorney, Federal judges, or a high level Department position. It is active at FBI Headquarters. 
5) Background Investigation Index--White House, Other Executive Agencies, and Congress. Consists of cards on persons who have been the subject of a full field investigation in connection with their consideration for employment in sensitive positions with the White House, Executive agencies (other than the Department of Justice) and the Congress. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
6) Bank Fraud and Embezzlement Index. Consists of individuals who have been the subject of "Bank Fraud and Embezzlement" investigation. This file is used as an investigative aid. It is active in one Field Office. 
7) Bank Robbery Album. Consists of photos of bank robbers, burglars, and larceny subjects. In some field offices it will also contain pictures obtained from local police departments of known armed robbers and thus potential bank robbers. The index is used to develop investigative leads in bank robbery cases and may also be used to show to witnesses of bank robberies. It is usually filed by race, height, and age. This index is also maintained in one resident agency (a suboffice of a field office). Active in 47 Field Offices. 
8) Bank Robbery Nickname Index. Consists of nicknames used by known bank robbers. The index cards on each would contain the real name and method of operation and are filed in alphabetical order. Active in one Field Office. 
9) Bank Robbery Note File. Consists of photographs of notes used in bank robberies in which the suspect has been identified. This index is used to help solve robberies in which the subject has not been identified but a note was left. The role is compared with the index to try to match the sentence structure and handwriting for the purpose of identifying possible suspects. Active at FBI Headquarters.
10) Bank Robbery Suspect Index. Consists of a control file or index cards with photos, if available, of bank robbers or burglars. In some field offices these people may be part of a bank robbery album. This index is generally maintained and used in the same manner as the bank robbery album. Active in 33 Field Offices.
11) Car Ring Case Photo Album. Consists of photos of subjects and suspects involved in a large car theft ring investigation. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
12) Car Ring Case Photo Album and Index. Consists of photos of subjects and suspects involved in a large car theft ring investigation. The card index maintained in addition to the photo album contains the names and addresses appearing on fraudulent title histories for stolen vehicles. Most of these names appearing on these titles are fictitious. But the photo album and card indexes are used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
13) Car Ring Case Toll Call Index. Consists of cards with information on persons who subscribe to telephone numbers to which toll calls have been placed by the major subjects of a large car theft ring investigation. It is maintained numerically by telephone number. It is used to facilitate the development of probable cause for a court- approved wiretap. Active in two Field Offices. 
14) Car Ring Theft Working Index. Contains cards on individuals involved in car ring theft cases on which the FBI Laboratory is doing examination work. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
15) Cartage Album. Consists of photos with descriptive data of individuals who have been convicted of theft from interstate shipment or interstate transportation of stolen property where there is a reason to believe they may request the offense. It is used in investigating the above violations. Active in three Field Offices. 
16) Channelizing Index. Consists of cards with the names and case file numbers of people who are frequently mentioned in information reports. The index is used to facilitate the distributing or channeling of information reports to appropriate files. Active in nine Field Offices. 
17) Check Circular File. Consists of fliers numerically in a control file on fugitives who are notorious fraudulent check passers and who are engaged in a continuing operation of passing checks. The fliers, which include the subject's name, photo, a summary of the subject's method of operation and other identifying data, are used to alert other FBI field offices and business establishments which may be the victims of bad checks. 
18) Computerized Telephone Number File (CTNF) Intelligence. Consists of a computer listing of telephone numbers (and) subscribers' names and addresses) utilized by subjects and/or certain individuals which come to the FBI's attention during major investigations. During subsequent investigations, telephone numbers, obtained through subpoena, are matched with the telephone numbers on file to determine connections or associations. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
19) Con Man Index. Consists of computerized names of individuals, along with company affiliation, who travel nationally and internationally while participating in large-dollar-value financial swindles. Active in four Field Offices. 
20) Confidence Game (Flim Flam) Album. Consists of photos with descriptive information on individuals who have been arrested for confidence games and related activities. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
21) Copyright Matters Index. Consists of cards of individuals who are film collectors and film titles. It is used as a reference in the investigation of copyright matters. Active in one Field Office. 
22) Criminal Intelligence Index. Consists of cards with name and file number of individuals who have become the subject of an antiracketeering investigation. The index is used as a quick way to ascertain file numbers and the correct spelling of names. This index is active in two Field Offices and one Resident Agency. 
23) Criminal Informant Index. Consists of cards containing identity and brief background information on all active and inactive informants furnishing information in the criminal area. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
24) DEA Class 1 Narcotics Violators Listing. Consists of a computer listing of narcotic violators--persons known to manufacture, supply, or distribute large quantities of illicit drugs--with background data. It is used by the FBI in their role of assisting DEA in disseminating intelligence data concerning illicit drug trafficking. This index is also maintained in two resident agencies. 
25) Deserter Index. Contains cards with the names of individuals who are known military deserters. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in four Field Offices. 
26) False Identities Index. Contains cards with the names of deceased individuals whose birth certificates have been obtained by other persons for possible false identification uses and in connection with which the FBI laboratory has been requested to perform examinations. Inactive at FBI Headquarters. 
27) False Identities List. Consists of a listing of names of deceased individuals whose birth certificates have been obtained after the person's death, and thus whose names are possibly being used for false identification purposes. The listing is maintained as part of the FBI's program to find persons using false identities for illegal purposes. Inactive at 31 Field Offices. 
28) False Identity Photo Album. Consists of names and photos of people who have been positively identified as using a false identification. This is used as an investigative aid in the FBI's investigation of false identities. Inactive in two Field Offices. 
29) FBI/Inspector General (IG) Case Pointer System (FICPS). Consists of a computerized listing of individual names of organizations which are the subject of active and inactive fraud investigations, along with the name of the agency conducting the investigation. Data is available to IG offices throughout the federal government to prevent duplication of investigative activity. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
30) FBI Wanted Persons Index. Consists of cards on persons being sought on the basis of Federal warrants covering violations which fall under the jurisdiction of the FBI. It is used as a ready reference to identify those fugitives. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
31) Foreign Counterintelligence (FCI). Consists of cards with identity background data on all active and inactive operational and informational assets in the foreign counterintelligence field. It is used as a reference aid on the FCI Asset program. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
32) Fraud Against the Government Index. Consists of individuals who have been the subject of a "fraud against the Government"investigation. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
33) Fugitive Bank Robbers File. Consists of fliers on bank robbery fugitives filed sequentially in a control file. FBI Headquarters distributes to the field offices fliers on bank robbers in a fugitive status for 15 or more days to facilitate their location. Active at FBI Headquarters and in 43 Field Offices. 
34) General Security Index. Contains cards on all persons that have been the subject of a security classification investigation by the FBI field office. These cards are used for general reference purposes. Active in one Field Office. 
35) Hoodlum License Plate Index. Consists of cards with the license plate numbers and descriptive data on known hoodlums and cars observed in the vicinity of hoodlum homes. It is used for quick identification of such person in the course of investigation. The one index which is not fully retrievable is maintained by a resident agency. Active in three Field Offices. 
36) Identification Order Fugitive Flier File. Consists of fliers numerically in a control file. When immediate leads have been exhausted in fugitive investigations and a crime of considerable public interest has been committed, the fliers are given wide circulation among law enforcement agencies throughout the United States and are posted in post offices. The fliers contain the fugitive's photograph, fingerprints, and description. Active at FBI Headquarters and in 49 Field Offices. 
37) Informant Index. Consists of cards with the name, symbol numbers, and brief background information on the following categories of active and inactive informants, top echelon criminal informants, security informants, criminal information, operational and informational assets, extremist informants (discontinued), plant informant--informants on and about certain military basis (discontinued), and potential criminal informants. Active in 56 Field Offices. 
38) Informants in Other Field Offices, Index of. Consist of cards with names and/or symbol numbers of informants in other FBI field offices that are in a position to furnish information that would also be included on the index card. Active in 15 Field Offices. 
39) Interstate Transportation of Stolen Aircraft Photo Album. Consists of photos and descriptive data on individuals who are suspects known to have been involved in interstate transportation of stolen aircraft. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
40) IRS Wanted List. Consists of one-page fliers from IRS on individuals with background information who are wanted by IRS for tax purposes. It is used in the identification of persons wanted by IRS. Active in 11 Field Offices. 
41) Kidnapping Book. Consists of data, filed chronologically, on kidnappings that have occurred since the early fifties. The victims' names and the suspects, if known, would be listed with a brief description of the circumstances surrounding the kidnapping. The file is used as a reference aid in matching up prior methods of operation in unsolved kidnapping cases. Active at FBI Headquarters and inactive in four Field Offices. 
42) Known Check Passers Album. Consists of photos with descriptive data of persons known to pass stolen, forged, or counterfeit checks. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in four Field Offices. 
43) Known Gambler Index. Consists of cards with names, descriptive data, and sometimes photos of individuals who are known bookmakers and gamblers. The index is used in organized crime and gambling investigations. Subsequent to GAO's review, and at the recommendation of the inspection team at one of the two field offices where the index was destroyed and thus is not included in the total. Active in five Field Offices. 
44) La Cosa Nostra (LCN) Membership Index. Contains cards on individuals having been identified as members of the LCN index. The cards contain personal data and pictures. The index is used solely by FBI agents for assistance in investigating organized crime matters. Active at FBI Headquarters and 55 Field Offices. 
45) Leased Line Letter Request Index. Contains cards on individuals and organizations who are or have been the subject of a national security electronic surveillance where a leased line letter was necessary. It is used as an administrative and statistical aid. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
46) Mail Cover Index. Consists of cards containing a record of all mail covers conducted on individuals and group since about January 1973. It is used for reference in preparing mail cover requests. Active at FBIHQ. 
47) Military Deserter Index. Consists of cards containing the names of all military deserters where the various military branches have requested FBI assistance in locating. It is used as an administrative aid. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
48) National Bank Robbery Album. Consists of fliers on bank robbery suspects held sequentially in a control file. When an identifiable bank camera photograph is available and the case has been under investigation for 30 days without identifying the subject, FBIHQ sends a flier to the field offices to help identify the subject. Active at FBI Headquarters and in 42 Field Offices. 
49) National Fraudulent Check File. Contains photographs of the signature on stolen and counterfeit checks. It is filed alphabetically but there is no way of knowing the names are real or fictitious. The index is used to help solve stolen check cases by matching checks obtained in such cases against the index to identify a possible suspect. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
50) National Security Electronic Surveillance Card File. Contains cards recording electronic surveillances previously authorized by the Attorney General and previously and currently authorized by the FISC; current and previous assets in the foreign counterintelligence field; and a historical, inactive section which contains cards believed to record nonconsented physical entries in national security cases, previously toll billings, mail covers and leased lines. The inactive section also contains cards Attorney General approvals and denials for warrantless electronic surveillance in the national security cases. Inactive at FBI Headquarters.
51) Night Depository Trap Index. Contains cards with the names of persons who have been involved in the theft of deposits made in bank night depository boxes. Since these thefts have involved various methods, the FBI uses the index to solve such cases by matching up similar methods to identify possible suspects. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
52) Organized Crime Photo Album. Consists of photos and background information on individuals involved in organized crime activities. The index is used as a ready reference in identifying organized crime figures within the field offices' jurisdiction. Active in 13 Field Offices. 
53) Photospread Identification Elimination File. Consists of photos of individuals who have been subjects and suspects in FBI investigations. It also includes photos received from other law enforcement agencies. These pictures can be used to show witnesses of certain crimes. Active in 14 Field Offices. 
54) Prostitute Photo Album. Consists of photos with background data on prostitutes who have prior local or Federal arrests for prostitution. It is used to identify prostitutes in connection with investigations under the White Slave Traffic Act. Active in four Field Offices. 
55) Royal Canadian Mounted Policy (RCMP) Wanted Circular File. Consists of a control file of individuals with background information of persons wanted by the RCMP. It is used to notify the RCMP if an individual is located. Active in 17 Field Offices. 
56) Security Informant Index. Consists of cards containing identity and brief background information on all active and inactive informants furnishing information in the criminal area. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
57) Security Subjects Control Index. Consists of cards containing the names and case file numbers of individuals who have been subject to security investigations check. It is used as a reference source. Active in one Field Office. 
58) Security Telephone Number Index. Contains cards with telephone subscriber information subpoenaed from the telephone company in any security investigation. It is maintained numerically by the last three digits in the telephone number. It is used for general reference purposes in security investigations. Active in one Field Office. 
59) Selective Service Violators Index. Contains cards on individuals being sought on the basis of Federal warrants for violation of the Selective Service Act. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
60) Sources of Information Index. Consists of cards on individuals and organizations such as banks, motels, local government that are willing to furnish information to the FBI with sufficient frequency to justify listing for the benefit of all agents. It is maintained to facilitate the use of such sources. Active in 10 Field Offices. 
61) Special Services Index. Contains cards of prominent individuals who are in a position to furnish assistance in connection with FBI investigative responsibility. Active in 28 Field Offices. 
62) Stolen Checks and Fraud by Wire Index. Consists of cards on individuals involved in check and fraud by wire violations. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
63) Stop Notices Index. Consists of cards on names of subjects or property where the field office has placed a stop at another law enforcement agency or private business such as pawn shops in the event information comes to the attention of that agency concerning the subject or property. This is filed numerically by investigative classification. It is used to insure that the agency where the stop is placed is notified when the subject is apprehended or the property is located or recovered. Active in 43 Field Offices. 
64) Surveillance Locator Index. Consists of cards with basic data on individuals and businesses which have come under physical surveillance in the city in which the field office is located. It is used for general reference purposes in antiracketeering investigations. Active in two Field Offices. 
65) Telephone Number Index--Gamblers. Contains information on persons identified usually as a result of a subpoena for the names of subscribers to particular telephone numbers or toll records for a particular phone number of area gamblers and bookmakers. The index cards are filed by the last three digits of the telephone number. The index is used in gambling investigations. Active in two Field Offices. 
66) Telephone Subscriber and Toll Records Check Index. Contains cards with information on persons identified as the result of a formal request or subpoena to the phone company for the identity of subscribers to particular telephone numbers. The index cards are filed by telephone number and would also include identity of the subscriber, billing party's identity, subscriber's address, date of request from the telephone company, and file number. Active in one Field Office. 
67) Thieves, Couriers and Fences Photo Index. Consists of photos and background information on individuals who are or are suspected of being thieves, couriers, or fences based on their past activity in the area of interstate transportation of stolen property. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in four Field Offices. 
68) Toll Record Request Index. Contains cards on individuals and organizations on whom toll records have been obtained in national security related cases and with respect to which FBIHQ had to prepare a request letter. It is used primarily to facilitate the handling of repeat requests on individuals listed. Active at FBIHQ. 
69) Top Burglar Album. Consists of photos and background data of known and suspect top burglars involved in the area of interstate transportation of stolen property. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in four Field Offices. 
70) Top Echelon Criminal Informer Program (TECIP) Index. Consists of cards containing identity and brief background information on individuals who are either furnishing high level information in the organized crime area or are under development to furnish such information. The index is used primarily to evaluate, corroborate, and coordinate informant information and to develop prosecutive data against racket figures under Federal, State, and local statutes. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
71) Top Ten Program File. Consists of fliers, filed numerically in a control file, on fugitives considered by the FBI to be 1 of the 10 most wanted. Including a fugitive of the top 10 usually assures a greater national news coverage as well as nation-wide circulation of the flier. Active at FBI Headquarters and in 44 Field Offices. 
72) Top Thief Program Index. Consists of cards of individuals who are professional burglars, robbers, or fences dealing in items likely to be passed in interstate commerce or who travel interstate to commit the crime. Usually photographs and background information would also be obtained on the index card. The index is used as an investigative aid. Active in 27 Field Offices. 
73) Truck Hijack Photo Album. Contains photos and descriptive data of individuals who are suspected truck hijackers. It is used as an investigative aid and for displaying photos to witnesses and/or victims to identify unknown subjects in hijacking cases. Active in four Field Offices. 
74) Truck Thief Suspect Photo Album. Consists of photos and background data on individuals previously arrested or are currently suspects regarding vehicle theft. The index is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
75) Traveling Criminal Photo Album. Consists of photos with identifying data of individuals convicted of various criminal offenses and may be suspects in other offenses. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
76) Veterans Administrative (VA)/Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Matters Index. Consists of cards of individuals who have been subject of an investigation relative to VA and FHA matters. It is used as an investigative aid. Active in one Field Office. 
77) Wanted Fliers File. Consists of fliers, filed numerically in a control file, on badly wanted fugitives whose apprehension may be facilitated by a flier. The flier contains the names, photographs, aliases, previous convictions, and a caution notice. Active at FBI Headquarters and in 46 Field Offices. 
78) Wheeldex. Contains the nicknames and the case file numbers of organized crime members. It is used in organized crime investigations. Active in one Field Office. 
79) White House Special Index. Contains cards on all potential White House appointees, staff members, guests, and visitors that have been referred to the FBI by the White House security office for a records check to identify any adverse or derogatory information. This index is used to expedite such check in view of the tight timeframe usually required. Active at FBI Headquarters. 
80) Witness Protection Program Index. Contains cards on individuals who have been furnished a new identity by the U.S. Justice Department because of their testimony in organized crime trials. It is used primarily to notify the U.S. Marshals Service when information related to the safety of a protected witness comes to the FBI's attention. Active at FBI Headquarters.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Here is a quote from another member, in another thread, which, in an attempt to be somewhat tactful, I am not quoting or linking. If the reader wants to find the source thread or quote a search should get you there....

"Paul (Trejo) has told me point blank that he repeats himself ad infinitum in order to influence the casual passers by here." (Parenthesis is mine)

3 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Here is a quote from another member, in another thread, which, in an attempt to be somewhat tactful, I am not quoting or linking. If the reader wants to find the source thread or quote a search should get you there....

"Paul (Trejo) has told me point blank that he repeats himself ad infinitum in order to influence the casual passers by here." (Parenthesis is mine)

It is not just that Paul repeats himself.  By itself---that is not a problem.   The real problem is that Paul uses false predicates and circular arguments which is why he is never willing to acknowledge substantive error -- because his various hypotheses are so inter-twined that if he ever acknowledged candidly that his basic predicate was false, then most of his subsequent arguments would be falsified.

Example:  For YEARS, Paul has insisted upon claiming that an "official FBI informant" was "paid" by the FBI.   And by that definition, Harry Dean was never an "official" FBI informant.   But Paul's predicate is entirely FALSE.  There is no connection whatsoever between whether or not someone was developed as an FBI informant (or confidential source) versus whether or not they were ever paid anything for services or for expenses.  

Sometimes, an FBI informant received payments ONLY on a C.O.D. basis -- i.e. ONLY IF their information was considered uniquely valuable (and reliable) were they paid anything.  And sometimes that happened ONE time or perhaps two or three times.   In other cases, an informant was paid a weekly amount for services and for expenses.  Those amounts varied significantly from very small amounts to rather substantial amounts.  

But in most cases, FBI informants and FBI confidential sources were paid NOTHING.  Consequently, attempting to connect "payments" with "official informants"  is not just mis-leading, it is deliberately a fabrication by ignorant fools who use deception which is designed to cause confusion and mis-direction (for their own purposes).

9 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

It is not just that Paul repeats himself.  By itself---that is not a problem. ........

But in most cases, FBI informants and FBI confidential sources were paid NOTHING.  Consequently, attempting to connect "payments" with "official informants"  is not just mis-leading, it is deliberately a fabrication by ignorant fools who use deception which is designed to cause confusion and mis-direction (for their own purposes).

Thanks Ernie, I appreciate all the research you share and your efforts to keep facts straight. Yet, the "ad-infinitum" thing is important, because, like all of the "Ruth Paine charity Quaker lady" stuff that is repeated a thousand times on this forum, casual readers and people running searches are going to get blasted by Paul's nonsense. 

Cheers, Michael

Errnie,

You accuse me of outright lies, when all I said was "it is possible that, such and such."   It is over-reaching on your part to accuse me of lying when I have only raised the possibility, the plausibility, and the likelihood.

Certainly Harry Dean is not perfect.  He has made mistakes here and there.  Yet for the most part Harry Dean's account has the ring of truth, which is confirmed by FBI records, even when they attack him.

Here's why: when the FBI attacks Harry Dean for being an unreliable information source, they are also admitting that Harry Dean had acted as an information source for the FBI, and they can place dates to that activity, with actual FBI file numbers. 

So, the FBI turns out to be among Harry's strongest supports for his place in history.  

We continue to disagree, furthermore, on the question about whether the FBI and the CIA have really and truly released everything they have about Harry Dean and FBI SAC Wesley Grapp.  

I continue to argue as follows: since the material that I claim is still unreleased is related to the JFK assassination, and since the US Government has admitted that it still retains 3,000+ unreleased documents related to the JFK assassination, then I will maintain that Harry Dean's claim conversations with FBI SAC Grapp in 1963 are being withheld by the US Government.  

We have until October 26, 1963, when all US Government records on JFK will finally be released (per the JFK Records Act of 1992).  If Harry Dean's words are not confirmed by that date, then -- as I have already promised -- I will retract my claims about Harry Dean.

Not until then.  I fully expect to be vindicated by October, 1963 -- and if I am vindicated, then Harry Dean will also be vindicated.

And by the way, Dr. Jeff Caufield will also be vindicated in his new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo