The Education Forum

Lacombe Training Camp location part duex

Tommie,

I think the snitch was revealed in an FBI memo. I believe it was a Cuban. I'll try to find it I - I have hundreds of memos I've read so give me a couple days. The original snitch was the guy that reported to the FBI that he had heard about a strike planned for Cuba from Pedroso, the aircraft bomb tech. I'm having some doubts about that whole story though.

Back to the subject at hand:

I'd really like to see the HSCA Immunized Testimony of Carlos Hernandez Sanchez, one of the individuals on our FBI list of persons of interest regarding the Lacombe Raid.

I don't see his transcript as being available or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?. Is it in the documents withheld until 2017?

Here is the Index to the testimony, it reads like an index to the movie "JFK":

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95324#relPageId=2&tab=page

Blakey's maddeningly brief summary offers some differences between the FBI account and Carlos'.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=60424#relPageId=2&tab=page

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommie,

I think the snitch was revealed in an FBI memo. I believe it was a Cuban. I'll try to find it I - I have hundreds of memos I've read so give me a couple days. The original snitch was the guy that reported to the FBI that he had heard about a strike planned for Cuba from Pedroso, the aircraft bomb tech. I'm having some doubts about that whole story though.

Back to the subject at hand:

I'd really like to see the HSCA Immunized Testimony of Carlos Hernandez Sanchez, one of the individuals on our FBI list of persons of interest regarding the Lacombe Raid.

I don't see his transcript as being available or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?. Is it in the documents withheld until 2017?

Here is the Index to the testimony, it reads like an index to the movie "JFK":

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95324#relPageId=2&tab=page

Blakey's maddeningly brief summary offers some differences between the FBI account and Carlos'.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=60424#relPageId=2&tab=page

Chris,

Do you think Carlos Eduardo Hernandez Sanchez had anything to do with the assassination?

--Tommy :sun

Do you think Carlos Eduardo Hernandez Sanchez had anything to do with the assassination?

I don't know. When I read the summary above it stops, presumably, at about July/August of 1963 but the index has 3-4 more names ending at "Monkey" Morales. Why did this guy's story end at that point? He didn't do anything from then until fifteen years later when the HSCA got a hold of him? fishy.

• 1 year later...

Chris,

I just found out something that you must already know -- that the name of that "dog leg" road is "Big 7 Road."

A "local" posted the following on the "Lascombe Community News" page on Facebook in July of 2015:

"About 30 years ago, Mark Lotz and I once drove down a road in Lacombe, just being nosey and it didn't have any notice on it about being a private road (Big 7 Road). Well we were met at the end of the road near the bayou by armed guards all dressed in black with BIG guns all pointing at us in our little car! Mark drove in reverse really FAST till he saw a place he could make a quick turn around. I looked back and these armed guys were still chasing us. We never drove down that road again and passed it along Hwy 434 almost every day. We just assumed it was a mafia hangout since the "family" had a well known outpost in Lacombe at the time. This article is eye opening."

The "article" she's talking about is an article by Daniel Hopsicker on Facebook.

If what she's talking about happened about 30 years ago, that would have been around 1985, right about the time of the Iran - Contra Affair.

It's hard to believe that the road, or at least the last part of it, wasn't posted "Private Road -- No Trespassing."

edit: Maybe it was and they drove down it anyway "just out of curiosity."

bumped because it's a fascinating story on a fascinating thread

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thanks for the bump Tommy. I had some more info to add to this but I need to track it down again. I drove through La. on my way to Dallas last November and I was really tempted to stop and check all this out but I had blown a head gasket on my car and I was really worried about just making it to Dallas and beyond, so I didn't stop.

• 2 months later...

(not really meaning to bump this but adding an interesting related tidbit)

Reading this FBI 302 I get the distinct impression it was a lead that should have been followed up with on at the TSBD end (and apparently wasn't):

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95623#relPageId=12&tab=page

Does anyone know anything more about Yvonne Cooper?

Edited by Chris Newton

• 5 months later...
On 8/14/2015 at 8:01 PM, Chris Newton said:

I had previously posted (and now despite searching I can’t find it) on where I thought the Lacombe Training Area and FBI raided weapons cache were located. Apparently, I had originally misunderstood and thought these were both the same location - they are not. The McLaney cottage where a large cache of explosives and some weapons were discovered is about a mile or two, as the crow flies, from the Lacombe Training Area. To add to the confusion, there may have been up to four Lake Ponchartrain training areas where you could find a smorgasbord of anti-Castro Cubans, DGI Double Agents, hard core soldiers of fortune, nut-case Minutemen and their C.I.A. handlers.

A memo fro Al Oser to Jim Garrison on March 7th, 1967:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/T%20Disk/Training%20Camps/Item%2017.pdf

I found the dirt road exactly 1 mile north of the intersection of Old Highway 190 and La. Highway 434, it is depicted as a straight yellow line with the Google Map distance tool indicating .97 miles (it could easily be 1 mile exactly if the tool had followed the curvature of the road). Zooming in at the location revealed everything to be as described by Al and Angel with the exception of the little barn which may have sat on the foundation/slab next to the house.

There’s more. I’ll be posting some additional satellite images of this camp with some features that I found interesting that Al Oser could not have seen in 1967 as well as the location of The McLaney cottage and other camps I might find.

(ps ignore the undefined marker below the intersection it's not important)

A big thanks to Harold Weisberg for this -It was right there in your collection waiting for me…

edit - typos

bumped

4 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

a rather obscure (sorry, Chris)

It was fun hunting down the training "camps" and figuring out the "what" and "where" and "who" of the FBI raid. ...Even more interesting that some of the locations remain mysterious and "Black Op" like today.

36 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

It was fun hunting down the training "camps" and figuring out the "what" and "where" and "who" of the FBI raid. ...Even more interesting that some of the locations remain mysterious and "Black Op" like today.

Thank God you're jumping in here, Bro!

--  Tommy,  Thomas,  Tom,  Toomy ,  Tomb-Raider,  ........   :sun 

tommyomochain@gmail.com

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 8/15/2015 at 9:22 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Chris,

When you zoom in on the property on Google Earth, you see a rectangular pool filled with dirty-looking water 170 feet to the East north-east of the (remodeled?) house. I think Hopsicker photographed the same rectangular pool for his article on the arm's bust near Lacombe:

[...]

"Everybody knows everybody in New Orleans"

While doing research in Louisiana in 2000, I identified and visited Mike McLaney’s Lacombe property. It's a spooky place, filled with ghosts, none of whom would agree to be interviewed on the record.

So, for what follows, I’ve relied on what I consider the most reliable JFK research to cover the subject:

the-pool.gif

In July of '63 a group of Cuban exiles from Miami arrived and joined the anti-Castro guerrilla training camp at Lacombe. Not long after the Miami exiles arrived, Lee Oswald offered his services to the exiles. Whether Oswald is patsy or conspirator or emissary from the Spiders From Mars, he was there, in the company of men like Guy Banister, David Ferrie, and CIA agent David Atlee Philips. At some point, Mike McLaney sent the CIA a detailed plan for knocking out three Havana refinery. But instead of getting his plan approved, he got an urgent phone call from Washington warning him “not to attempt such a thing under any circumstances.” Carlos Marcello associate Sam Benton had more than two tons of dynamite beside McLaney's cottage. To deliver this "big bang" to Castro’s oil refineries Benton was negotiating to obtain a B-24 aircraft. Two planes were to take off from an airstrip near the Lacombe camp, then fly on to Havana .

http://www.madcowprod.com/2013/11/22/barry-seal-the-dallas-get-away-plane-the-jfk-assassination/

bumped

PS  "Now that's what I call a 'nice bump,' Tommy."

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

related thread

Did you read the Purvis thread and this thread?

Anyone who can find the "search" window can find "related" threads.

Are you contributing to this thread?

I'm perplexed.